GLADIATOR! (Re-Interest check-Doctore needed!)

Started by bubby, February 26, 2011, 11:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

I need a Doctore for my already established game!

This group game has quite a few players, so I need someone willing and capable of keeping up with posts, as when this game gets going it moves quickly, and posts are frequent and can be confusing.

I also need someone willing and capable of keeping themselves and their char going with no outside prompting, one who will keep up with the game on their own, and keep their char flowing on their own.

This is the IC thread link to peruse and get a feel for the RP, and hopefully spark your interest!

Ironwolf85

I'd enjoy helping, being a gamer nut I could enjoy this
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Primarch

I'm up for a Spartacus inspired Sword & Sandal game.

LadyDiscord

Game! I've been wanting to start one!
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Senti

Just watched Centurion which offers ideas.

bubby

Well YAY! We got us a start then. Do any of you, along with Ironwolf, know how to start doing this then? I -really- have no clue, I just have the idea. I have no clue where to start the RP, though I know it will have sex and blood/fighting. I dn't even know how to make the page where you put the idea up, like what characters people could play, 'where' and 'when' te RP is,etc. I truely need help...

Ironwolf85

usually determine the amount of fantasy allowed, the type and amount of sex, and then simply click new topic.
of course coming up with character sheets helps, as does a base discription of the world in question
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 27, 2011, 01:39:53 PM
usually determine the amount of fantasy allowed, the type and amount of sex, and then simply click new topic.
of course coming up with character sheets helps, as does a base discription of the world in question
That's certainly a good starting set of questions. I have a couple others that I think can go a long way toward helping define the sort of game people are after.

1) What does "Spartacus"-like mean? If we're going by the show, that implies a similar scenario to it, gladiators set up within the house along with other slaves; for a larger game, perhaps there are even multiple  houses in the city, giving multiple layers of plot (owners' machinations, the intrigues within the houses, the arena itself, etc.). If instead we're going more by the movie or historical thrust of his story, then we're talking about a slave rebellion; in that case, the story is more about the war and its fallout. Either we'd focus on one side, dealing with its successes, problems, and consequences, or have an ambitious GM to oversee some cross-faction play between the two sides and facilitate the execution of the war.

2) Are we using a rule system or free-forming it? Normally, I'd say free form would be totally fine. However, if the exploits in the arena are going to translate to anything in the game, at least those characters should need some mechanical meat upon their narrative skeleton. Even if free forming, we may need to negotiate some sort of system to handle a few things. Namely, who's in charge and which characters get to be more of the 'big dick swinging' in the group. Having a Crixsus and a Spartacus vying for the top spot is good tension, but having every gladiator being a true paragon of the arena will be pretty silly.

If I didn't have a full time job that's calling for overtime now, I'd offer my services to manage this game, but I am interested in playing and would gladly help however possible. I happen to be an amateur Roman history buff, so I can help with cultural matters as well as the possibility of using fantastic elements which fit appropriately with the beliefs and myths of the people of that time, Roman and otherwise.

bubby

You are my hero adifferenceinsize, for your good questions, and it's just my luck that you can't GM. That's what is needed is a GM because I have NO CLUE how to be one.

I was thinking more of basing it off the show, because that could indeed open up the possibilities of more expanded RP. And yes I want it to be free-form, with yes...a bit of 'management'. If you or anyone is willing to be the GM, with me as a...I suppose 'minor' GM? assistant GM? let me know. I am willing and wanting to learn just how to GM, plus I am eager to make this RP idea a reality.

Ironwolf85

I've been wanting to do somthing roman, but I've never watched more than the first episode

bubby

Ok..these are characters I've figured out would be needed for this RP

Lanista
Lanista's wife
children of above?
Gladiators
Gladiatrix(I will be playing this role, the only one, yes I am special!)
Slaves-male and female
Important/rich Roman people, seeking of course to hire/bet on Gladiators(this could expand the RP more to other families and such)

Now.. an example char sheet..
(post a picture)
Name
Place of birth
Physical (height, hair color, eye color)
Personality
History

If this works for people, post what characters you would be willing to play, and I guess is would be a first come first serve on certain characters, like Lanista and wife and such. As for content of the actual RP once it starts, I really expect effort. Though I realize sometimes ones muse tends to go on strike, and we all can sometimes make short posts, I don't want it to be the norm. I abhor weak posts.

I hope this helps get things rolling!

adifferenceinsize

Good start so far. One part you've missed is the instructor, if you're following along with the show's setup. This could be subsumed by the lanista role, however, if he was to be a former gladiator who bought his freedom and started his own school.

In fact, screw it. I'm calling the lanista role. Going with that premise, that makes it likely we'll be posted in somewhere relatively remote from the central peninsula. This also puts our time line after the events of Spartacus. I'll have to review some stuff to pin down the time and place, but I think putting us in the outskirts to begin gives a lot of room for growth and encourages ambition.

bubby

PearlRuby

Expressing my interest also. Unfortunately I too don't really have the time or experience to GM.
Depending on the age of the Lanista couple, I might choose a daughter character or settle for humble slave. Still pondering and waiting for these ooc comments to develop the idea in general.

My two cents: Having recently watched Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, I think a good plot-hook would be a Ludus that is desperately trying to climb the arena ranks, therefore resulting in less 'clean' deals to win favour/respect, etc. Whether this is also down to new ownership or not is, I guess, up to the Lanista players and/or GM. It might be that this particular Ludus has a long series of brutal loses in the arena, and so have invested their last coins on training certain potentials, creating some competitive flavour amongst the Gladiators.

This also begs to answer why there is a female gladiator in the mix: is she an experimental plan to win the arena crowd and favour of the noblemen?

It's going to be challenging not to take too much influence from the Starz tv series! >.<

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: bubby on February 27, 2011, 04:49:44 PM
OMG I LOVE YOU!
Sounds good to me. lol

Good points, PearlRuby. You're pretty much in sync with my idea, it seems. I believe it's Gladiator which had the small, dingy eastern arena before moving on to Rome, which is pretty much the feel I was thinking of as well. In this case, I'd envision my lanista as essentially stranded in one of the colonial provinces, forced to carve out a name for himself after clawing his way up from a rough past. His ludus would be rather hard-scrabble at first, and the arena would certainly be only one way he tries to make coin to improve his lot. Slaves might end up serving multiple roles, and the ambitious among them would be rewarded for showing their various talents; the sympathy of a man who shared their plight might not seem that much better a lord, but a 'harsh but fair' attitude will appeal to those that share in his ambition. Setting this post-Spartacus-rebellion, however, be aware... the price for disloyalty is rather overwhelming.

bubby

*Yards Pearlruby into the fold* I like you! You stay! *Marks down potential chars for Pearlruby* As for my Gladiatrix, I have a good solid backstory for her, as to why and who she is, though I still need to research timelines a bit to be sure my idea is valid. And yes, being the only Gladiatrix, it could indeed be what might bring money to a struggling Ludas.

LadyDiscord

If its help with the characters you need. I can do it because I'm very familiar with Roman mythology and Spartacus series on stars

Doctore was the overseer in the series. Though he goes by another name originally. I wouldn't mind playing a character like that.
I think it would be interesting to add a story for the slaves too. Especially on the " I want to buy my freedom" aspect.

Also, why don't you develop a title for your "House". Like the House Marxus Aurilus or something. Back stories I think are also important. I would think it be nice if the character's held various intimate or hostile relationships with others in play to give it a realistic feel of how the Romans were.

P.s....I want to be an exotic slave too.

bubby you can be a great GM. Just set up your rules and guidelines.
✔✦✘

bubby

You're in! *writes down your characters* thank you for the vote of confidence...this is a learing proccess for me. adifferenceinsize is helping me a lot. so far he's found a good location. As we get more interested people, so shall ( I hope) the idea expansion. ALL ideas will and can be incorporated I believe.

bubby

adifferenceinsize

In the interests of helping lay a better foundation for the game and seeking out inspiration for further development of my own ideas which in turn set some of the tenor of the game.

Given bubby's idea for a Boudica-like woman, I figured we might base ourselves somewhere to the west of Rome, making it easier to explain her presence in a ludus. A city that jumped to mind is Tarraco, based on the eastern coast of modern Spain. It's a rich city, and ends up being rather involved in Roman affairs by the period of Boudica's defeat. To that end, I figure 62 AD is the ideal time for this game. That puts us in a time of great growth in the Empire and the city particularly, and gives us some room to play up the later building of a Forum in the city... perhaps a point of my character's desire for immortality he wasn't able to achieve in the arena himself.

The school: Ludus Leonis Scopulus Tarraconensis.
(Should mean "The Tarraco School of the Cliff Lions"; any Latin buffs please feel free to correct my rudimentary translation.)

The lanista: Manius Sertorius Africanus.

The lanista was a legionnaire who was put into forced labor for punishment over a failure to defend against a foreign attack on the city of Thevestis (on the border of modern Tunisia). He sacrificed the defense of much of the city to facilitate the escape of a visiting senator along with much of the population. However, the death of a regional figure's son in the fray led him to be sought out in vengeance, hence the slave labor rather than execution. Always the clever sort, he works his way into getting into the arenas there and proved himself there. Eventually managing to earn his freedom by repaying the official and his owner with some outside help, he moves to Hispania to make the most of his hard-earned respite. After a few more years making money for himself and to pay his debtors which helped free him, he begins his school as a way to set himself up for his old age without support from either his family or the legions. As is fitting his personal style, the Cliff Lion School focuses on a pragmatic strategy... while not necessarily the most showy of fighters, he encourages unorthodox tactics to keep alive, figuring a dead hero is less useful than a living man.

Primarch

I'd like to throw my hat in as a Gladiator, preferably Hibernian. I know Rome never had much contact with Hibernia and certainly never conquered it, but whats to say he was home when caught? Regardless, if its something that we can claim, I would like to claim the position of House "Champion," the Crixus to this Spartacus-like game. If someone else wishes to play a rising star, the "Spartacus" of our game I have no objection of course. I believe I'd style him as a Murmillo.

If claiming House Champion is alright, I might PM you adifferenceinsize to perhaps discuss some background and establish a few things. Just to make sure things line up time-wise and what not.

Ryven

If only I had room for this, I would totally join.  I love that show soooooooooooo much.  Playing a gladiator would make me a happy Ryven. :-)

LadyDiscord

I would still encourage you to join Ryven.

@Primarch sounds good. A 'champion' would be nice or perhaps a rising a champion.

Will this rp start with the Lanistas business  well established settle or just starting?
✔✦✘

Ryven

Alas, I can't.  I can barely keep up with the RPs I have now.  I have 2 group ones already which have become the main focus of my attention.  My solos have become secondary as my muse has taken a sabbatical of sorts.

Primarch

Quote from: LadyDiscord on February 28, 2011, 06:36:03 PM
@Primarch sounds good. A 'champion' would be nice or perhaps a rising a champion.

I'd be quite happy to do either, from an established champion like Crixus as he appears at the start of Blood & Sand, or a people's favourite like Gannicus. Depends on what suits the setting more I imagine.

LadyDiscord

Ah Gannicus, I really like him. Ooo... I wonder who could play a snooty roman official.
✔✦✘

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: Primarch on February 28, 2011, 05:54:03 PMIf claiming House Champion is alright, I might PM you adifferenceinsize to perhaps discuss some background and establish a few things. Just to make sure things line up time-wise and what not.
I've got no problem with it. Being essentially Celtic-Irish would fit well with the gladiatrix character, perhaps explaining that a good part of the school's recruits are picked up from slave traders in Gaul popping down to the richer lands of Hispania. With that in mind, I'd wager the school has been established for a few years, and is one of several in the area. The entire gladiatorial scene is still new in that area, and so there's a big influx of interest as the popularity of the spectacle in Rome spreads outward.

bubby

This is looking good. Has it been determined whether the Lanista is old enough for children yet? I ask for PearlRuby's sake, as she wanted the role of daughter as well as a slave. I have no problem with people playing more then one char. HI RYVEN! Nice to see you like my idea..maybe you know some less busy people who'd be interested? *Drools at your avi*...always so fuckin' hawt....gawd..*coughblink* ANYWAY...I also have no problem with adiferenceinsize taking as much over as he can. I -do- have some stuff that will be on the intro page once we have enough people to actually start. Sight pics..weapon info..what adifferenceinsize already has. I'd like to give it to like the end of the week to see if we can recruit more people, then I think we could make a character page? Starting this Friday I'm on a vacation trip for a week, but I should still be able to check in during that time. I'm excited!

Ryven

Why don't you ask Mith about checking to see if anyone wants to join from the war game. :-)

PearlRuby

Quote from: bubby on March 01, 2011, 04:25:06 AM
Has it been determined whether the Lanista is old enough for children yet? I ask for PearlRuby's sake, as she wanted the role of daughter as well as a slave. I have no problem with people playing more then one char.

oh gosh no, I won't play both >.< It would be either/or and on second thought, thanks to a little research I'm not sure if it would even be plausible for a young Roman woman to be (a) still unmarried and (b) still living with her parents in a Ludus of all places. Unless she specifically refrained from marriage in the hope of eventually finding a man who would be wholly interested in the inheritance of the Ludus, provided there isn't a male heir within the family already? Being a lone daughter might of placed her in that difficult situation, especially if the Ludus is seen as a business to be kept solely within the family.

Also, indeed, it heavily depends on how old the Lanista is and whether having a family even suits the character role. Perhaps he is still searching for a wife!?  :P

bubby

BAM! Lol..there we go..we'll see!

writersmelody

Depending on the age of the lanista, perhaps the reason she's NOT married is because her family isn't considered wealthy or influential enough to make her a good match. Maybe they have an enemy no one wants to risk offending?

Anyway, I'd be interested in playing a freshly purchased female slave.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

adifferenceinsize

Some good questions thrown my way here; sorry for not jumping on again faster.

I figure Marius would be an older man, probably mid-40s. Given his period in forced labor, however, any children he'd be likely to have would be a bit too young for Elliquiy's use in any of the sexual boards. An exception to this rises, however, should his spouse also come from a slave's background, perhaps having met with him while in bondage in Africa? Barring that, the spouse would be someone he meets after, perhaps in part a connection to get his ludus' seed money. Really, it's mostly a matter of what the player for her would want to have as a back story / personality profile.

bubby

So...we have our Lanista, his maybe wife, (children are out which is fine with me),Gladiatrix(me), our Champion, and 1 possibly 2 slaves. I'm hoping for more Gladiators, and some Romans. Welcome writersmelody! Thank you for the interest, and you're for sure on the list!

AusGre

Hello there, I'd like to apply for a position as a gladiator. Possibly the rising star antagonist to the champion of the lodus, my character would be of greek origin, possibly somebody with Sparta heritage or some other noteworthy city state. who was recently purchased or still in the process of being purchased by the Lanista. Either way would be made up with the role play, I would like for his favored weapon to be the sword & chain, but I am unsure how a lodus works out weaponry and I am not very big on that era of history. I am willing to learn, which is why I figured I'd play somebody from far off, so that I can lean how a lodus works. I have seen Spartacus: Blood and Sand and Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, but I'm not quite catching on to how it's done.

Michael Corvus

I, too, would like to throw my hat in the ring. I'd be interested in playing a rising star gladiator as well. A slave from Gaul named Cingetorix (Pronounced Sing-uh-TOR-icks) who was captured in Anglesey by Gaius Suetonius Paulinus' army during the Menai Massacre of 60 AD. This would put his capture 2 years before the setting of this story.

Cingetorix was purchased for slave labor by a wealthy nobleman in Salmantica, Lusitania. With the completion of the nobleman's new expansive villa after two years of use, said nobleman sold the older slaves to make rook for fresh, younger slaves to serve his house. At the age of 36, Cingetorix was among those purged.

That's all I got so far aside from the fact that I think I want him to fight in the style of Dimacheri (with two swords instead of a sword and shield.)
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

adifferenceinsize

Sounds like the pair of y'all can fight for that. XD

I was thinking we might start this game somewhat similar to the start of Spartacus with the arrival of some new blood in the ludus making things... interesting. We might instead go for a different start if everyone is a bit established starting out. I think, ironically, I may end up something of a de facto GM because I'll probably be making up rivals for us if nobody else does. lol

writersmelody

Could be interesting if Chiara had once belonged to someone with stakes in the games...

Name:  Chiara

Place of birth: Capua

Physical:  She is in better condition than most slaves, that is for sure. Her form is unmarred by the marks of beatings and she’s not malnourished. The girl is a lovely thing. She is petite, standing at only 5 ft tall, with a slender, nubile body that has filled out very nicely over the past year. Her skin is very fair, save for a fine sprinkling of freckles across the bridge of her pert nose. Her mouth is very sensual, with very full lips that have an enchanting upwards curve at the corners. There is a dimple in her right cheek. She has big almond-shaped blue eyes. Her hair is rather long and is a vibrant shade of red not commonly seen.

Personality: Chiara was born into slavery- she knows her place. She is a dutiful young woman who tries hard to please her masters. Her former owners treated her kindly and she knew the lover of her mother. Beneath the demure front everyone sees is a strong-willed, young intelligent woman who dreams one day of purchasing her freedom. A compassionate girl, she is never without a kind word or smile for anyone who seems like they need it. There is still a lot she has to learn about the world around her, though…

History: Chiara was born into slavery- her mother was a slave and her father is unknown. Her mother was a favored slave of a wealthy Roman noblewoman so the woman and her child often traveled between the family’s villa in Capua (where she was born) and Rome itself.

The woman’s favor extended to the girl- the noblewoman had only sons and longed for a daughter of her own. Her childhood was as pleasant as any slave’s could be. When she was 12, her mother died of an illness and she was unceremoniously thrust into the role of attendant to the Domina. The woman was very demanding and impatient but she tried her best.

She was not spared from other more menial tasks. Chiara learned the tasks of a common household slave as well. The Domina had ceased to spoil her but she did watch over the girl. No one harassed the girl. However, when some wagers her husband had made failed, she was left with no choice but to try and cover the debt however she could. That included selling the villa in Capua, some of her most prized gowns and jewelry… and slaves that could fetch a good price. Chiara was one of those.
- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

bubby

Perfect, more gladiators. WELCOME GUYS! and thank you for wanting to join! As for being the 'rising star', since we have our house champion, I'd say -all- other gladiators are rising. Heh. I believe we have enough people now to start a character sheet, which when I figure out exactly -how- ..  ??? ..to do that, I'll post the link here. *Commences wringing hands and cackling at her plan coming to fruition by have adifferenceinsize admit to his GMness* I'm still hoping for some people wanting to be Roman citizens, so we'll give it a bit yet. I'd say we can actually start this game in a bit over a weeks time!

writersmelody

Hopefully mine was okay!

And good luck with that! There are some systems out there that handle combat pretty well- from what I've heard. :P

- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

Primarch

If you want a simple character template, this should suffice:

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Position in Ludus/Society:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

PearlRuby

Okie dokie, I've settled on playing the Lanista's socialite wife.
Character profile coming shortly. 'Favourite slave/handmaiden to the Domina' position also more than welcome. Feel free to pm if you want to sort something out around that.

LadyDiscord

Wonderful!! More People...I'll get started on my profile too!

I hope noone minds. I'll be taking on the role of a Doctore/ Gladiator trainer (someone's got to whip these boys into shape) and a Slave girl.
✔✦✘

Primarch

Quote from: LadyDiscord on March 02, 2011, 05:19:49 PM
I hope on one minds. I'll be taking on the role of a Doctore/ Gladiator trainer (someone's got to whip these boys into shape)

Hurray 8D

LadyDiscord

^.^

I can't find the picture I wan't. Grrrr...
✔✦✘

Michael Corvus

Neither can I, LadyDiscord.  >:(
The Oath of The Drake

LadyDiscord

I found a real nice picture for my female character, but for the role of Doctore. I want him to look like he's had some 'years' on him, but still young, but old.

Did I just confuse you? ^.^
✔✦✘

Michael Corvus

The Oath of The Drake

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: LadyDiscord on March 02, 2011, 07:36:24 PM
I found a real nice picture for my female character, but for the role of Doctore. I want him to look like he's had some 'years' on him, but still young, but old.

Did I just confuse you? ^.^
So she's a youngish, oldish man, basically? o_O

Quote from: PearlRuby on March 02, 2011, 04:18:09 PM
Okie dokie, I've settled on playing the Lanista's socialite wife.
Character profile coming shortly. 'Favourite slave/handmaiden to the Domina' position also more than welcome. Feel free to pm if you want to sort something out around that.

Sounds good. Curious to see what you bring to the table... feel free to hit me up if you want to work out back story stuff before publication. I'm still WIP with mine, so I can adapt if you throw down first.

Quote from: bubby on March 02, 2011, 12:44:45 PM*Commences wringing hands and cackling at her plan coming to fruition by have adifferenceinsize admit to his GMness*

Just a warning, I'm busy with work during the week, so please don't rely too heavily on me. I figure unless we get some "distinguished competition" showing up, my goal with the lanista will be to keep everyone on their toes and act as the excuse for throwing in NPCs. I invite everyone to bring in NPCs as you see fit; if you want to work out plot ideas so we keep things making sense, I'm totally down. I'll try to have some of the metaplot devised for the weekend (probably Sunday evening).

LadyDiscord

Lol, No. I'm playing both a male AND female character. I 'm trying to find a picture for my male character.
✔✦✘

AusGre

Aricus Canididus
" A man, beset by the life he once held and clutch what glory he now only knows in his heart."

Height: 5'11''
Wieght: 183 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black
Eye Color: Dark Green

Aricus is a tall man, with a slender but well refined frame within his body. His skin is lightly tanned, showing some time spent outdoors possibly in the fields or upon other matters. His body shows well developed muscles, toned and well sized, with much of the mass being within his upper arms and back. His chest has some refinement to it, but stands like an unetched block of marble. Yet, Aricus' body is not a clean one, battered with old wounds and some dirt that festers within the wounds since his capture. His face, is long and gaunt, with a strong chin and jawline covered by a spreading beard. His hair is a dark brown, mixed with black strands that weave perfectly together. Aricus' most noticeable features would be his dark green eyes, if one were to look upon them, they would catch the draft of a ghost of the past lurking within' them.

Origins

" The lands, feel the burden of the heart and the anger sown by unskilled hands."
Place in Roman Society: Gladiator
Homeland: Greece, Argos

" It does not concern where I was birthed or what I was days past. I will only share the truth in such a matter. I am no promised blade by the gods, but a man plagued by those who would be called masters and those who deem themselves slaves. Do not tred on my words, nor listen to them if undesired."

Aricus was born in a small village in Greece, outside the harbor city of Argos. He was raised to be nothing more than a peasant and that is what he liked in life, not the roar of the crowds nor the glory of military conquest. He seeked nothing more than to plow the fields or to tend to the stock of his family, and he did so with great pride in his heart. He grew into a fine young man and found a wife of his own, Cytha, a maiden of the village and one that promised great land for his family's own farm. Aricus had nothing but love for the young woman, yet she did not have the same feeling for him. She only used Arcius to get close to his own family and secure a luxurious position for herself, as it was often known that Aricus' father attended to Argos and often took council with some of the nobles in the city. Cytha used this to her advantage and unknown to Aricus, she procured herself as a wife to one of the nobles, not one of greek origin. One of roman origin, a man known as Verilus Illonus.

The time passed and Aricus was soon captured by the noble and his fate secured to the rank of a slave, and his own wife elevated to that of a roman noble. Aricus was sent to many homes over his time as a slave, each one trading him off for one reason or another. Aricus continually asked after his wife's well being, never knowing what she had done to him. Traded and beaten, he worked tirelessly untill he was traded to a certain lodus...

bubby

Ok kids..here's the link for the character page.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=99620.0  please C&P your char sheets to there!

bubby

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the profiles! Don't worry about being all fast about it, because much like adifferenceinsize, I shall be 'not all here' this coming week as well, as I'll be on vacation. I will be checking in as much as I can as well as attempting to make an actual RP page, complete with pics and Ludus/story history. YAY LadyDiscord for playing 2 roles! Quite pleased with that. YAY PearlRuby for picking the wife, and am I right in thinking you wish to be your chars slave as well? If so, have at it! Though this is most definately an awesome start, and we can begin actual game play within a week, I'm STILL hoping to get some Roman citizens in the mix. I also have no clue how to put 'GM' as my own tag instead of 'Lady', but don't forget that though indeed adifferenceinsize is helping out a TON, I am the main GM. You can also direct questons to me about chars and story, and if thre are any suggestions I'm happy to hear them!

PearlRuby

Quote from: bubby on March 03, 2011, 11:54:43 AM
YAY PearlRuby for picking the wife, and am I right in thinking you wish to be your chars slave as well? If so, have at it!

Eh? No, just the lovely Domina >.< Though no doubt I'll be including shared, lesser NPC slave characters and so forth, just like everyone else. I meant that, if someone else wanted to offer their character as a favoured slave to the domina, send me a pm :P

I think it's really important that a main page is put up asap describing the RP and the actual location as Hispania, etc. I'm a bit of a photoshop whizz so if you want any images 'preffyfied'/resized/cropped, send them over and I'll work some magic :D

bubby

Ah ok then. As for the main page I'll try to work on it and have something by the time I get back, and as for pics, I have very few actually. I have been SEARCHING and failing in that search for Ludus pics. I have a couple which is beter hen nothing.

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: bubby on March 03, 2011, 03:51:44 PM
Ah ok then. As for the main page I'll try to work on it and have something by the time I get back, and as for pics, I have very few actually. I have been SEARCHING and failing in that search for Ludus pics. I have a couple which is beter hen nothing.
Your work's been greatly appreciated so far. If you happen to find anything that calls out you as "Grizzled Roman badass," lemme know. ^_^

bubby

Just a note, this week would be a good time for everyone to get there character bios onto the page I made since I will be busy with family stuff. If you're busy too, I -totally- understand! I'm just sayin'. Also, Whenever I have a quiet moment I look for pics and such for our main page to make when I get back home next weekend. I will have it soon! adifferenceinsize, if you could do me a fav and message me bio on the Ludus itself? Location, how and why it came to be? I will be adding a small bit to it on how MY char 'might be what it takes to get the Ludus noticed'. Ok then!

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

Dragondancer

Hello,

I would LOVE to join in your Gladiator/Spartacus Roleplay!

Not sure of the protocol or what roles are still open, so if there are any roles that need to be filled different than what I mention, just let me know. I am not really up on my history, so the knowledge I bring to the game will pretty much be from being a fan of the Starz Spartacus show, hehe.

I could play:

A newly indentured slave, sold to the Ludus by her aunt to pay for the care of her younger siblings after the death of her parents; she was not born into slavery and had a loving home before her parents died. Were it not for the threats her aunt made toward her young brothers and sisters (and she had every reason to believe the threats would be carried out) she would never submit to this new life. (if this image is too similar to Chiara, I am happy to find another.)

A woman who is a Roman citizen, who married not for love but for gain who has enough money and freedom to indulge in entertaining herself while her husband is off on his many business pursuits. She is bored, wealthy, and has no qualms going after whatever piques her interest at the moment.

And....I'd actually love to play a Gladiatrix role, if that were an option, Bubby.  ;D
I honestly don't imagine this ever happened, or if it did the Gladiatrix would - how shall I put this - not look very...feminine, hehe. Or, they would have the women fight together as sort of a "warm up" to the actual gladiator battles. But I loooove the idea of playing such a character for this fantasy game.

I could play whichever character (or more than one?) adds more to the game.  Or, like I said, if there are any characters needed that I didn't mention, just let me know and I'd be happy to give them a try.

I'm looking forward to it!  ;D

PearlRuby

We are generally lacking some other noble characters aside from the Lanista and his wife, so I'm glad to see some potential there with your Roman citizen  ;D  Perhaps her link to the Ludus is that she wishes to sponsor a gladiator?
Bubby did seem okay with people playing multiple roles too.

Ironwolf85

back after a long hiatus, all snowed in today anyway. nice to see the game is forming well.
I was thinking of bringing a roman Equetian (Middle class) who worked his way up to patrician (noble) by working his way up through political skill, intelligence, and savagery.

bubby

To Dragondancer...welcome! If indeed you are willing to play two roles, slave and Roman citizen are definitely open. If you can play only one, Roman would be better to round out the game as we begin soon. As for the Gladiatrix...sorry, but I am being selfish with that role...lol. It also fits into our beginning story as my char will be what brings popularity/notice to the Ludus. If/when you have a bio page for your chars, I have a seperate page for them (see link on a couple pags back).

To Ironwolf85..welcome back! And yes, it would be great for you to play a citizen. Perfect in fact!

If/when you have a bio page for your chars, I have a seperate page for them (see link on a couple pages back).

Just so you both know, I am currently on vacation this week, so the game won't begin until at LEAST next week. I -hope- to have the Main page one by Sunday, but no promises as I might be passed out for two days..lol. Next week sometime for sure though! Thanks guys!

Dragondancer

Thanks, Bubby!  Hehe, okay couldn't hurt to ask. Just let me know if you change your mind later along in the play if your character gets a craving to face off against (or team up with?) another female warrior...

In the meantime I'll put together my character bios. Hope you're having a fun vacation ~ thanks for getting this idea running!

Thanks, PearlRuby...I have a feeling that thought will cross her mind, hehe

This is going to be fun! ;D

Ironwolf85

more later running out of time
Lupis Dae Lucias
"Why bother with slaves? Just give the plebs a bowl of hot soup, some spare coin, and make them feel like their worth a damn and they'll give you their lives. no guards, no chains, and they sometimes prodouce someone more useful"

Height: 6'4
Wieght: 218 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde/brown
Eye Color: Blue

Son of a Roman Soldier and his Germanic wife he took while on campain, his features are a decent blend of both types, phyically fit, Lupis is willing to get his hands dirty and it shows in his sculpted body. He tends to wear a toga or cerimonial robe. The symbol of office around his neck. He also had a faceless helm fashoned from steel and silver that he tends to wear in public it's intricately engrained with Flame motiefs. he carries a fine steel gladius after all, one can never be too careful on the mean streets of Rome.

Origins
"Why bother with slaves?"
Place in Roman Society: High priest of Vestia (elected to position for life)
Homeland: Northern italy near Milan

"Of course they elected me high priest of Vestia, you have no idea how much I spent on that campain, I suppose I bought the votes if you call holding private games, helping out families in debt, giving employment to the idle, and comissioning artists down on their luck buying them. not bad for a kid who came to rome from some backwater Milanese village

Born in a small village his father moved the family to Rome when he was twelve, and enrolled Lupis in school, though not collage. his father was a drunk when not on duty, and voilence surrounded him from an early age. he started as a polotical headbuster eventually the roman family Lucias gave him command of a small estate near his orignal home town, he turned it into a massive profitable Winery and Wheat farm in a few years, and bought another estate, did the same with oil and meat, stone and brick exporting everything he didn't need. eventually he had enough money to make a bid for senate, of course one can't be a senator without being a patrician (noble caste) so he convinced the Lucias family to adopt him into their fold, and with him came his estates and money. He was known to persionally train with the Family retainers and his experience as a headbuster never failed him.
He did not have the ability to run for senate, with the funds depleated by buying his way up, instead he set his sights on the position High Priest of Vestia. It is only a cerimonial position, but a gateway to greater things. As the priest is responsible for the Verstial virgins. the flame supposedly keeps the city safe and is why it has never been invaded by a non-roman army. it would be a great blow to let the fire go out.
he spends his days in ritual, managing his estates, and attending the games when he can, he sponsors various gladiators keeping a diffrence between those the temple supports, and those he persionally pays for.
politically he is ruthless, every game he involves himself in is a political statement, and moves him ahead in power and prestege.

Primarch

I updated my bio in the character thread btw!

PearlRuby

Both characters are looking good!  ;D
Nice to have another nobleman character too.

LadyDiscord

Oooo yay, baby! Character numero uno is up! Now for character 2, as soon as PearlRuby  writes me back. ^^
✔✦✘

adifferenceinsize

Got a good chunk of the lanista's profile up. I'll cover the slave time and modern parts tonight.

adifferenceinsize

And done. It's a bit long, but I had to dump that all out, and given the character's importance to the plot and his advanced age, it should be poignant at least. Feel free to start story lines without me, or invite me in; I'll likely start a thread over the weekend if there's not action occurring to try and get everyone involved.

I do have to say the idea tickles me of the elder lanista getting to stare down his gladiators without the necessity of guards to impose corporeal threat... especially given only Manius' wife is shorter than he is in the ludus. lol

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

bubby

omg...FINALLY!!! After several HOURS and many SEPERATE trys, I have FINALLY made an IC page.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100193.0  It's quite pathetic in information, because I really suck at this stuff, but at least it's done! Everyone can make an intro post there whenever they are ready, and let's make sure that we get all the characters on the char sheet. When that is done, since we have enough people to actually start the game, I'll lock this thread and make an OOC in the Extreme thread. *Collapses!*

bubby

I'M HOME!!! So happy! My -plan- is to put up my own intro by Sunday. I was hoping that adifferenceinsize would post first to lay the groundwork, but he might be busy. Hopefully we can get this game going in ernest now!

adifferenceinsize

Since all my active solos have transmogrified into vapor, I'll post something tomorrow early in the afternoon. Did we have anyone playing a new arrival? If so, we can start with a bit of a "Training Day" sort of exercise, breaking in the new meat. Otherwise, I might have to lay out some stern talks over disappointments in the arena.

Michael Corvus

I still have yet to finish my bio. I've just been busy with other things. I'll try to get it finished in the next day or two. He can be fresh meat if wanted, either just arriving or having been there for only a few days or weeks and either way, the new guy. Great work by everyone so far. I will definitely be challenged amongst such talent.
The Oath of The Drake

Senti

are you still taking anyone? i know you want the only female gladiator, would you allow an extramly feral pictish slave. Kept for interest factor?

http://www.tntmagazine.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/TNT+REVIEWS+BLOG.1390/Centurion.jpg

Just as a thought.

bubby

My char will definitey be fresh meat, just arriving. Having Corvus be fresh as well will be perfect. And Senti, a slave will be fine, and welcome! Just make a bio and put it on our character page. Corvus, I'll go ahead and make the first 'arrival' intro, since I pretty much have it all in my head already..heh. That way, adifferenceinsize, that should help what sort of intro to make...like you said, a 'Training Day'. I shall make my post sometime today, to get us all started!

YAY!

Hmmm...maybe Senti could be in the 'fresh meat', newly purchased catagory as well? Up to you addifferenceinsize, since the slaves are yours..lol.

Senti

Well let me know and I'll make the character.

bubby

All right...I have decided! *Snickers at her attempt to be all 'leaderly'* My char, Corvus' and Senti's will be the 'new arrivals'. I am as of right now making an intro, so that should help everyone follow, and get a feel of how to start. I am STILL hoping to get more 'romans', but we have enough people to start, and I have confidence we'll gain some more! I will be making a new OOC page as soon as things get rolling.

bubby

FIRST POST DONE! Let the game begin! I hope we can make this as awesome as I know it can be!

Drakan

lol....feel like the later bird in a sea of early birds catching the worm lol......in anycase though now that i have been approved to assume a more active role in the forum perhaps i could begin my legacy here.  After all i'm Italian...so this is right up my alley :P lol

Ironwolf85

bubby

Ironwolf darlin', will you do me a favor and transfer your bio to the character sheet? Thanks!

MarcothTalos

Hey there just browsing the roleplays and came across yours looks interesting to be sure, anyone mind another person in the ring?
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

Primarch

I have a sneaking suspicion no one will mind.

MarcothTalos

I do as well lol. The question is though will the game leader mind lol.

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

bubby

Bring it on darlin'. For me, the more the merrier! Just mae your char and post it here  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=99620.0

Dragondancer

So, I'm posting this summary in case it helps anyone else (I had to do it for myself, hehe!)...hopefully I've got everyone right.  It looks like we'll have enough slave girls for the size of our group (three slave girls: senior slave maid, dutiful slave, and wild slave), so I'll leave mine out of the mix for now.

This is going to be fun!  ;D

Manius Sertorius Africanus - Lanista/Dominus, husband to Valeria (adifferenceinsize)
Valeria Caerellia Renate - Domina, wife of Manus (PearlRuby)

Lupis Dae Lucias - High Priest of Vestia (Ironwolf85)
Aulus Livius - Roman Soldier (Drakan)
Liliana Nerva - Wealthy Citizen (Dragondancer)

Jarchanus/Doctore - “Doctore” (LadyDiscord)

Ryann ap Elim - Gladiatrix (Bubby)
Rioghan MacCarthaigh - Gladiator; Ludus Champion (Primarch)
Cingetorix - Gladiator (Michael Corvus)
Aricus Canididus - Gladiator (AusGre)
Gladiator TBD - (MarcothTalos)

Asine' - Senior slave maid (LadyDiscord)
Chiara - Sweet dutiful slave girl (writersmelody)
Sorcha, Extremely feral Pictish slave girl (Senti)

Senti

Senti

do you have an ooc thread
I really want to say I am not at all like my character....bar being scottish :P.

And I am really big on what happens IC stays there.

Not that it needs to be said....

bubby

I will be making an OOC page soon...just giving a few more people the chance to get into the swing of things. Thank you Dragondancer for making that list! I REALLY appreciate everyones input and and help on places where I have been lacking...which I know has been on several points. Thank you all for your patience! The intros done so far have been great, the char sheets have been excellent!

LadyDiscord

Freakin awesome! Ok, on my way to making character two! ( I know I said it about a week ago) but yes! ^^.
✔✦✘

LadyDiscord

Quote from: Drakan on March 12, 2011, 10:26:04 PM
lol....feel like the later bird in a sea of early birds catching the worm lol......in anycase though now that i have been approved to assume a more active role in the forum perhaps i could begin my legacy here.  After all i'm Italian...so this is right up my alley :P lol

Oooh Italian. Yummy..
✔✦✘

MarcothTalos

OH boy, discord dont scare the poor boy lol. Then again I just dont like em cause im irish, we dont fair for the romans often lol.

Anyways my character, at least how me and bubby discussed is gonna be around the mid level gladiator, sort of the one on his way up already. Germanic will be is background regardless of his position. Thanks all for allowing me in!

LadyDiscord

Irish you say!!! So I'll have to wish you a happy ST. PATTY'S DAY *pinch* And that goes to everyone!

But Irish?? Mmmm...you sound very yummy too. I recently found out I had Scottish and Irish blood in me...ahh that wonderful family tree.
✔✦✘

MarcothTalos

Do you now, want more? ROFL jk jk jk. Yeah mom from Cork, Da from Belfast. As far as my yummy action, well hun im 6'6", 225, i aint yummy not to mention hair to my shoulder blades and a goatee lol. Count me out of the yummy group! I look like a lean version of a caveman lol.  Anyways pleasure to banter with you and I cannot wait to see what happens in our lovely game here.

LadyDiscord

Well congratulations you just went up several notches on my yum-meter. Love tall men with hair. Ever thought of being a real life gladiator??  No, I'm just kidding! Sort of, but yes I concur! I can't wait to see how this turns out! I really need to post myself, but I'm waiting on someone.
✔✦✘

Darkcide

This seems like great fun, I'm a huge fan of the show & something of a martial history buff as it were. However you seem pretty set on your player base, so I wish you the best and hope this game progresses along nicely.

Senti

ok until the ooc just wondering about posting...am i ok to post again...its ok she wont bit the nose off anyone yet.  :)

Primarch

I finally got to see the last episode of Gods of the Arena last night so I'm all ready to start, once their an ideal point to introduce our Champion. :D

Darkcide

Hmm I suppose I can make a gladiator in that case, I'll take a look at what you already have so I'm not stepping on anyone's toes in that regard.

LadyDiscord

Why hello there fellow rp partner.
✔✦✘

LadyDiscord

It goes well. See you in the OOC!!!
✔✦✘

Primarch

Quote from: MarcothTalos on March 15, 2011, 01:27:37 AM
Do you now, want more? ROFL jk jk jk. Yeah mom from Cork, Da from Belfast.

Your Mom is from Cork? I'm from Cork!

MarcothTalos

Quote from: Primarch on March 17, 2011, 05:21:51 PM
Your Mom is from Cork? I'm from Cork!

Ha right on brother. Well she moved to Canada when she was 15 and then to california at age 16. Then had my oversized Irish ass at 23 lol. Gotta love the irish popping out a youngster when they young, luckily i was born the size of a toddler at 28 inches long and 10.3 pounds! Yeah im a big fucker lol. Anyways brother thats my story lol.

Cadavar

Hi bubby

Is it too late to show an interest in joining your game? I love this time and place. I would love to join if you would allow.

I have a few ideas which I will share with you if I can join

Cadavar

Prakkie

Been watching this game for a while and considering joining up...

Any for a Greek Medicus?

Michael Corvus

I do believe the medicus position is available and I'm certain that we would all be delighted to have you join us. However, I am not the GM. I'm sure Bubby will get back to you as soon as she can. She's been experiencing some technical difficulties lately... as have I.
The Oath of The Drake

bubby

HELP!

Though this RP is up and running with some very good and talentd playersI am posting this in the hopes I can get some important positions filled.

1) I need a Lanista!: I would like someone willing to take over the character that has been made, i.e the name, Manius Setorius Africanus, and backstory. Personality of course can be up to the player. The char sheet can be seen here. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=99620.msg4344802#msg4344802

2) I need a Doctore! A new char can be made for him.

3) I would like to perhaps get someone to play an Ashur type char to shadow the Lanista, be his slave, and of course stir up general shit in the RP. ;D

and finally 4)
I need slaves! most particularly I need a Senior house slave, and a mousey quiet slave. Males slaves also welcome to perhaps hang with the Gladiators.

This RP has so much potential, and we are in full swing. Check it out! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100193.0  I would welcome anyone with a basic knowledge of teh Spartacus series,  decent typing skills with decent post length, and someone able and willing to post at LEAST once a week, to keep this wonderful RP going at a good pace. Thank you!

AlphaMale

Bubby, I may be interested in the Doctore roll, though I wonder if the character personalities are ours to develop or if they shall be based upon Spartacus Blood and Sand? Also, would I be able to insert any romantic factors as Crixus and Spartacus often have, but in regards to Doctore?
Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89215.0

bubby

DAMN ALPHA! Doctore -just- got filled! Would you be interested in the Lanista? He's got a haaawwt wife!!! Plus, as Lanista, he has power over all?

AlphaMale

*chuckle* Lanista would be fine. Which I am assuming is the equivalent of Dominus?  His background?
Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89215.0

bubby

Lanista/Dominus, one and the same. All I ask is that you take the name and background. (check link) the personality can be your own! WELCOME ABOARD!

Elven Sex Goddess

Following  Alphamale over, after  AndyZ provided the link and suggestion.   

I know the show,  Spartacus 'Blood and Sand' and the six episode prequel shown in the 2nd season Spartacus 'Gods of the Arena'.
I like to take the role of one of the house slaves.    I like to go with a house slave in the role of Mira.    I have a few questions.   Is this going to be canon characters as from the show.  Or original characters and fictional ludus and lanista.   

bubby

Ammending original re-interest check!:

I have filled the Dominus and Doctore rolls, as well as my slave rolls, but I am still needful of perhaps 3 more characters! I am really looking now for perhaps a rival Lanista, along with a Champion of his own. I am also hoping for someone to play an 'Ashur' type char. A sneaky bastard and a couple of rivals would be PERFECT to round out the wonderful group I already have.

I am seeking players who are willing and able to read through the RP that is already there, to keep up well with established story, as well as be willing and able to post AT LEAST once a week if it is required.

I am also seeking players that are willing to put effort into their posts, as the people I have currently involved are excellent! Must keep up that pretense!

Trost

Bubby, this is awesome! I didn't know you helped make an RP like this! Are you still looking for the characters you mentioned in the last post?
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

Drakan

We are always looking for players.....come on in.

Trost

Great! What I may do, is read through all the RP since its only 5 pages. Once I get a feel for what is happening, I'll see if I can match with any of the characters needed or anything else I may be able to provide the RP with. My apologies if it takes a little bit.
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

Drakan

be sure to check out the character sheet as well

AngelicBlade

If you need any new characters I'd like to join. But I'm assuming that most or all the roles are filled and you don't need a new character. But if yuo're in need of an extra member let me know.

bubby

Actually, I might be needing another Gladiator, one that is 'new meat'. I'll confer with others and let you know soon.

bubby

I am looking for at least 2, maybe 3 more Gladiators for my game. The story has been running for awhile, but if you're interested it would be easy to bring you in as 'new' meat', which is what is needed anyway. I need people with good writing skills, as well as willing and able to post FREQUENTLY. This game runs pretty quickly, and I want to keep it that way. It would help greatly if you've seen the series Spartacus, but not entirely needed. If you are interested, send me a PM, and we'll talk more!

Ophelia Jaxon

Are you still looking for slaves? I can play a quiet house slave if you still need one :) I just got into watching...a gladiator program :D
ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

bubby

No darlin', I have plenty of those. I am only seeking Gladiators. But thanks muchly for the interest!

Ophelia Jaxon

Alright, but if you're ever in need I love the Gladiator genre so just give me a shout x
ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

bubby

I'll definitely keep you in mind!

Oral addiction

I'm posting interest and seeing if you are still seeking gladiatorial fresh meat.  I just started watching the show (I am onto episode 3 in my Netflix streaming queue).  I can commit to watch the next several episodes over the next couple of days and can come up with a character pretty easily.  Let me know if you are still looking, and if you would be willing to be patient for a couple of days for me to catch up on the story line that has been posted so far.  I can generally post fairly often during the day, some early morning, and late night.  The will however change in a couple weeks when school lets out so I will have kids here and will not have as much access to post mid day.  I can still do 1 or more posts daily, but some may have to be from my phone which may mean a few small spelling errors if that is a problem.  Anyway, let me know what you think and I'll PM you a concept in a couple of days when I have read what has transpired thus far.

bubby

Thank you for the interest Oral! Let me put it to a vote with the others and I'll get back to you!

Kendra

Hi Bubby what places are still open in the game if any?
showing interest ;)

bubby

I need a Doctore for my already established game!

This group game has quite a few players, so I need someone willing and capable of keeping up with posts, as when this game gets going it moves quickly, and posts are frequent and can be confusing.

I also need someone willing and capable of keeping themselves and their char going with no outside prompting, one who will keep up with the game on their own, and keep their char flowing on their own.

This is the IC thread link to peruse and get a feel for the RP, and hopefully spark your interest!