A Call For Heroes (Scion)- Looking for two players.

Started by Alysanthia, September 27, 2011, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

It doesn't help. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't know why I'd be buying a relic as a boon instead of as a birthright.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion-???

• Meikle-  Scion of Baron Samed?i

• Yesiroleplay-  Scion of Mithra?

• Thufir Hawat- Scion of Morrigan?

• Cold Heritage- Scion of Modina Rat(Good Guy)

• AndyZ- Scion of Tlazoltéotl(Villain)

• Miyu- Scion of Bastet(Villain)

• Hitura-???

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 09:30:51 PM
It doesn't help. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't know why I'd be buying a relic as a boon instead of as a birthright.

In order to use a Boon a Scion must possess a Birthright relic.

"When the Gods grant Boons, they do so by giving their children items known as Birthrights."- Straight from the book.

So in order to use your Boon, you need the proper Birthright; like the jacket would be perfect for the Frost purview and like stated earlier you can earn the unlimited ammunition later on in the game.

AndyZ

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 09:30:51 PM

It's just how she's handling it with the simplified freeform.

Alysanthia, would he be allowed to use the greatcoat both to channel frost and to have it as armor, or would that be too powerful at start and something he'd have to build up to?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 30, 2011, 09:40:41 PM
In order to use a Boon a Scion must possess a Birthright relic.

"When the Gods grant Boons, they do so by giving their children items known as Birthrights."- Straight from the book.

So in order to use your Boon, you need the proper Birthright; like the jacket would be perfect for the Frost purview and like stated earlier you can earn the unlimited ammunition later on in the game.

So why does it count as a Boon to have an item to use Boons? Because that's what AndyZ said, and you said he was right.

Alysanthia

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
It's just how she's handling it with the simplified freeform.

Alysanthia, would he be allowed to use the greatcoat both to channel frost and to have it as armor, or would that be too powerful at start and something he'd have to build up to?

Since it is a gift from Modina Rat I could see it being gifted with both, her wanting to protect her fighting son.

But if you do that Cold you'll need to wait on the unlimited ammo.

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 09:45:29 PM
So why does it count as a Boon to have an item to use Boons? Because that's what AndyZ said, and you said he was right.

Okay so I misread it, my bad, to use the boon you need the proper Birthright period.

Also just a quick note, not all Scions receive Birthrights, and if not they can not access their Boons.

AndyZ

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 30, 2011, 09:50:25 PM

Since it is a gift from Modina Rat I could see it being gifted with both, her wanting to protect her fighting son.

But if you do that Cold you'll need to wait on the unlimited ammo.

Okay so I misread it, my bad, to use the boon you need the proper Birthright period.

Also just a quick note, not all Scions receive Birthrights, and if not they can not access their Boons.

Okay, so they count as separate?  I'll take a look to get a total of three.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Cold Heritage

I'm sorry for getting frustrated about this, but it's tough with Andy interjecting.

Because, see, my understanding was we get two birthrights. One I can use to channel the frost purview, and then I could have the other free to have a magic power (so for, example, the coat channels frost, and the gun has unlimited ammunition, and that's how my allotment of two birthrights got spent).

Alysanthia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 10:01:37 PM
I'm sorry for getting frustrated about this, but it's tough with Andy interjecting.

Because, see, my understanding was we get two birthrights. One I can use to channel the frost purview, and then I could have the other free to have a magic power (so for, example, the coat channels frost, and the gun has unlimited ammunition, and that's how my allotment of two birthrights got spent).

Okay, yes you get the two Birthrights, and you get three boons.

To clear the air and make everything less confusing, the coat can channel the frost and yes you could have the unlimited ammunition with the AK 47.

But those would be your only two Birthrights to channel those specific boons, the third could be a Pantheon specific Purview or an all purpose Purview.

Also with the Allied Pantheon I would not be against cross Purview using, other Gods gifting your Scion with favors if you explain how they were gifted with the power.

Cold Heritage

Makes sense. Thank you for your answer. That's answers my question perfectly.

Another question: I put down two epic attributes under Boons because I didn't know how else to do it to have those. Would it be acceptable to leave them that way so I can do things normally associated with those epic attributes (my motivation to do so was to be reasonable about power usage), or should I invest in actual Purview material (and of course modify so that I have two relics dedicated to channeling)?

Alysanthia

Here is my Scion of Freya (updated to give an example and end confusion), to give an example of the character sheet.

Edith Geir

Name: Edith Geir

Player: Alysanthia

Calling: Revenge

Nature: Caregiver

Pantheon: The Aesir

God: Freya
Birthrights: Creature- Arctic Fox(Guide)  Relic- Sword
Weapons: 9mm  Hi-Power Mark III, Browning  GLOCK 31 .357 GLOCK 33 .357

Knacks: Trick Shooter, Blessing of Importance, Serpent’s Gaze

Virtues: Endurance and Loyalty

Boons: War (Battle Cry) Fertility(Cleanse) Health (Blessing of Health/Curse of Frailty)

Appearance: A pale enchantress is how many would describe the Estonian native. Edith at times uses this to her advantage, wearing different and unique outfits, mainly sticking to though garments that allow her to move quickly in a fight. Edith has long nearly white blond hair, this paired with her haunting blue eyes, will often lure men in with a sense of security for the child of Freya knows how to take advantage of a situation. 

Background: Edith was born in a small town in Estonia, her father the local gunsmith kept a sharp and protective eye on his only child. But Edith was a free spirit, always running to explore the nearby woods and as she grew many in the town began to notice the youth’s beauty. This of course made Leif extremely nervous so he enrolled his daughter in self-defense classes.  Edith excelled with almost an unnatural talent, the instructor often commenting that the young girl was her best student, and as she grew Edith curious of the world outside the small Estonian village.

When she turned fifteen Leif allowed her to go to the neighboring town to pick up a shipment of new ammo for the shop, while gone though a group of strange men entered Leif’s shop. Not saying anything they opened fired and this was the bloodbath Edith came home too. Her father barely breathing told Edith everything, how her mother was different and so was she. With his dying breath he warned the frightened teen that the men would come back for her; that someone was killing people like her and she needed to get somewhere safe.

Scared she ran to the only place that would give her a sense of safety, the self-defense class room. Finding the instructor alone for once, Edith told the woman everything and broke down in tears. The teacher only held the sobbing girl tightly till a loud banging was heard then gunshots, frightened Edith ran as her teacher told her to. Heading to the woods she hid in a hallowed out tree, the cold slowly getting to her she waited for hours. Finally hearing someone call her name, she figured it was someone from the village. Instead it was one of the men that killed her father and instructor, grabbing a nearby limb Edith figured if she was to die that she would die fighting. Only able to land two blows to the killer’s body he angrily bashed the girl over the head and took aim with his gun.

With slurred words Edith prayed for someone to save her, and at that moment her prayers were answered. In a blinding light she was saved the man’s body incinerated and there in the cold forest, Edith was face to face with her mother Freya. For hours the Goddess explained all that had happened, and why they were after the girl, gifting Edith with a sword and a personal guide she bid her child the best of luck.
That there would be others out to get her or help, but as she grew older Freya said that Edith would be able to get revenge….

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 10:17:09 PM
Makes sense. Thank you for your answer. That's answers my question perfectly.

Another question: I put down two epic attributes under Boons because I didn't know how else to do it to have those. Would it be acceptable to leave them that way so I can do things normally associated with those epic attributes (my motivation to do so was to be reasonable about power usage), or should I invest in actual Purview material (and of course modify so that I have two relics dedicated to channeling)?

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 06:58:25 PM
I want my character to be one of the good guys.

A question: what does it mean if we have relics, if we aren't using the system?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Sheet
Name: Anton Mikhailovich
Player: Cold Heritage
Calling: Stoic
Nature: Survivor
Pantheon: Soviet
God: Modina Rat
Birthrights: A People's Weapon of A Glorious Collective Regime of Peace and Love (a relic AK-47); M35 Private's Shinel Greatcoat worn by a Soviet soldier who died on the 871st day of the Siege of Leningrad (relic)
Weapons: Kizlyar Voron-3 combat knife;
Knacks:  Holy Rampage; Damage Conversion; Self-Healing
Virtues: Endurance; Duty
Boons: Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Frost Immunity
Appearance:

Anton is a heavily muscled bear of a man. He dresses conservatively, wearing clothes that are plain and made to last rather than flashy, gaudy, and expensive things. He knows he is not attractive to women but does not mind, and takes no steps to ensure more than basic cleanliness and clean-shaveness in his appearance.
Background: Anton was born before the collapse of the USSR, but grew up during the chaotic and tumultuous times that followed the dissolution of the Republic. His boyhood was one of hardship and trials - he fought other boys on the street over scraps of bread that they sought to steal from Anton, who had purchased them after waiting hours in line in the harsh cold. He worked as he could, performing labour that would have broken the back of a boy in the decadent west. But there was no complaint. Things improved, somewhat, as Anton's father left his honourable, if modest, post as a soldier and joined with some other former soldiers who became gangsters. The corruption disgusted Anton; it offended him at a fundamental level. It did not last long, however, as Anton's father was shot by loyal soldiers while trying to steal bullets from a military depot.

Anton continued, as he could, to go to school and work after. His mother worked in a factory. When Anton came of age, he joined the army - he was almost unable to do so because of the disgrace of his father, but a kind sergeant saw potential in the young man and put in a few good words. In no time, Anton was suffering as never before as he was forged into a soldier for Russia. But the adversity was taken in the same way Anton took everything: with enduring stoicism. He served and learned to the best of his ability, shedding blood for the state as required; his own or enemy. He fought in Chechnya and Kabardino-Balkaria. Grievously wounded when a vehicle crashed, Anton carried a fellow wounded soldier several kilometers in order that his fellow could receive medical attention.

While recuperating in hospital, Anton was visited by birth mother, Rodina Mat. She awoke in him her divine blood. She gave him gifts of soldiers who had fought gloriously for Russia in the past, and commanded him to do the same. But she had a different enemy for her son to face: the child of a foreign pantheon whose works threatened even Russia. And when it came to war, Mother Russia was not shy about sending her sons to fight and die.

Actually your Epic Attributes would go under your Knacks and not your Boons. Just switch them around and pick which of the Epic Attributes you want. Also Cold, your Jacket will be able have armor and channel frost, thus giving you your unlimited ammo. :)

Alysanthia

And to clear confusion, Birthrights may channel at least two boons but you still only get three boons for the time being.

Abran is a little different and that will be explained in game since he is the Main-Villain, and I don't want to spoil anything just yet.

Cold Heritage

Yeah, the main villain's gotta have an edge here and there, a few aces up his sleeve. :)

I realized now that the Soviet gods don't have Frost listed in their associated powers. Should I try to think up a reason why my character has a relic to channel that purview, or would you rule that the Soviets (perhaps not The Citizen, but Baba Yaga and Rodina Mat) have that Purview since Russia is archetypically very cold?

And one more, I promise it'll be the last: could I take Warrior Ideal (I'd have the coat then just channel Frost and War)? I would gladly have that count as two Boons, given how it's at the upper limit of Heroic boons. If not (and I understand if you wish to say no), could I switch the two unused boons I would have and purchase knacks instead?

Alysanthia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 01, 2011, 12:29:06 AM
Yeah, the main villain's gotta have an edge here and there, a few aces up his sleeve. :)

I realized now that the Soviet gods don't have Frost listed in their associated powers. Should I try to think up a reason why my character has a relic to channel that purview, or would you rule that the Soviets (perhaps not The Citizen, but Baba Yaga and Rodina Mat) have that Purview since Russia is archetypically very cold?

And one more, I promise it'll be the last: could I take Warrior Ideal (I'd have the coat then just channel Frost and War)? I would gladly have that count as two Boons, given how it's at the upper limit of Heroic boons. If not (and I understand if you wish to say no), could I switch the two unused boons I would have and purchase knacks instead?

Frost is a 'All Purpose Purview' so yes your character can have it.

You can purchase the Knacks.

And now I head off to bed.

meikle

Name: Marie LaCroix
Player: meikle
Calling: Depressed College Student / Amateur Mortician
Nature: Cynic
Pantheon: Loa
God: Baron Samedi
Birthrights: Pair of sunglasses (Relic), Ghede spirit (Guide)
Weapons: like ... a knife or a pistol or something like that.
Knacks:  Blessing of Importance (Cha), Benefit of the Doubt (Cha), Takes One To Know One (Manip)
Virtues: Piety, Vengeance
Boons: Rada's Eyes, Death Sense, Night Eyes
Appearance: I will edit this in when I am not falling asleep!
Background: This, too.  So far, I have decided she was conceived during Mardis Gras and that's it.  Also that her sunglasses enable her Death Sense and Night Eyes (she wears her sunglasses at night~)
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

yesiroleplay

Sorry, but I'm going to bow out of this one.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion-???

• Meikle-  Scion of Baron Samed

• Hitura-???

Quote from: meikle on October 01, 2011, 02:44:34 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Marie LaCroix
Player: meikle
Calling: Depressed College Student / Amateur Mortician
Nature: Cynic
Pantheon: Loa
God: Baron Samedi
Birthrights: Pair of sunglasses (Relic), Ghede spirit (Guide)
Weapons: like ... a knife or a pistol or something like that.
Knacks:  Blessing of Importance (Cha), Benefit of the Doubt (Cha), Takes One To Know One (Manip)
Virtues: Piety, Vengeance
Boons: Rada's Eyes, Death Sense, Night Eyes
Appearance: I will edit this in when I am not falling asleep!
Background: This, too.  So far, I have decided she was conceived during Mardis Gras and that's it.  Also that her sunglasses enable her Death Sense and Night Eyes (she wears her sunglasses at night~)

It is looking great Meikle, I know one or two kids conceived during Mardis Gras personally... Oh their silly drunken parents, and yeah all the cool kids wear sungalsses at night.  8-)

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 01, 2011, 04:30:44 AM
Sorry, but I'm going to bow out of this one.

It is okay, sorry to see you go.

Lady Hitura Caprion

I think Scion of Artemis... Not sure... That doesn't really seem plausible given shes pretty chaste and man hating from what I read... I mean seriously... Turn a dude into a stag and hunt him just for seein ya naked? Thats manhate right there.

Professor Loki Caprion

Maxwell Garamonde
Player: Professor Loki Caprion
Calling: Private Investigator
Nature: Gallant
Pantheon: The Pesedjet
God: Thoth
Birthrights: Cane-sword (crafted from Lebanese Cedar, the head is a carved Ibis; allows access to the Magic purview and the sword portion cannot be detected by any mundane means) , Scales of Judgment (gold lapel pin of a set of balanced scales; allows access to the Justice purview)
Weapons: Cane-sword, Beretta 9mm
Knacks:  Benefit of the Doubt (Charisma), Instant Investigator (Wits), Axiom (Intelligence)
Virtues: Conviction, Order
Boons: Judgment (Justice •), Ren Harvest (Heku •), Ariadne's Thread (Magic •)
Appearance: A handsome man just starting to show his age, Max is tallish and without a very notable muscular build. His eyes and confident demeanor, however, denote that his true strength lies somewhere within his mind. Red-brown hair is kept cropped short to his head, though his face tends to show a few days worth of stubble when he's on a case.
Background: Born in Glasgow on October 5th, 1969, Maxwell grew up in a relatively unremarkable Scottish childhood. His father (or so he thought) was a banker, his mother a housewife, and his older sister Cecilia; a musical prodigy who's talent with the violin overshadowed him. This seemed to suit Maxwell just fine, as he preferred to study and learn in quiet, rather that vie for any spotlight with his beloved older sibling. A quick-thinker and rather charming youth, he excelled in most school subjects, though hardly enough to gain any special attention from his teachers. In fact, nothing terribly notable happened until the day his sister died.

Still hardly a teenager, Maxwell's family had to mourn the loss of Cecilia. Nearly finished with her education, Cecilia's body was found with little evidence of cause of death. Driven by his thirst for knowledge and craving justice, Maxwell investigated the events that lead up to his sister's end with great fervour, charming his way past any constable that may question the youngster's meddling. In the end, he discovered that Cecilia was poisoned by venom of an Egyptian cobra; the lethal dose was injected through a freckle on the girl's body, thus preventing detection. Several key members of the murder investigation were "convinced" to hide these facts, and for good reason: they were hiding a titanspawn's attempt to kill a coming-of-age Scion. Unfortunately for Cecilia, they assumed the talented elder sibling was the daughter of Thoth. Seeing his son in danger, and noting his efforts, Thoth approached the boy to set the record straight.

With newfound ability and knowledge of his divine essence, Maxwell soared through schooling and decided to become an investigator as a profession, rather than a hobby, so that he could serve as a voice for those served an unjust fate. Though he suffers no ailment, he feigns a leg injury so that he may keep his cane on his person. This also allows him an element of surprise, should a foe think Maxwell unfit for physical confrontation.
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion- Scion of Thoth

• Hitura-???

Quote from: Lady Hitura Caprion on October 01, 2011, 03:47:37 PM
I think Scion of Artemis... Not sure... That doesn't really seem plausible given shes pretty chaste and man hating from what I read... I mean seriously... Turn a dude into a stag and hunt him just for seein ya naked? Thats manhate right there.

Lol xD

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Lady Hitura Caprion on October 01, 2011, 03:47:37 PM

You can be adopted. :)

meikle

Doesn't have to be, though ... a Scion takes on qualities of their parent, but they're not just their deity writ in smaller letters.  A Scion of Artemis isn't just an Artemis clone.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Lady Hitura Caprion

Name: Ember Mconnolin
Player: Lady Hitura Caprion
Calling: Military Sniper
Nature: Judge
Pantheon Dodekatheon
God: Apollo
Birthrights: Followers (some soldiers she worked with), Sniper Rifle (allows access to Sun Perview; Intracate gold and silver designs on the weapon)
Weapons: M1911 .45 Semi-Auto Pistol, Sniper Rifle
Knacks:  Tricky Shooter (Dexterity),Charmer(Charisma), Lasting Impression (Appearance)
Virtues: Courage, Valour
Boons: Penetrating Glare (Sun*), Prophecy, Epic Charisma
Appearance: Being the daughter of Apollo, she has some good looks. Auburn hair, blue eyes, and olive skin. She keeps her hair shoulder length and in a bun. Being in the military she keeps herself in good shape.
Background: Ember grew up in a military household that rubbed off on her. Once she graduated from high school she went straight into the army ground forces and took a specialty as a sniper. Once her contract expired she signed on again. Due to the nature of her job she is one of the first called into combat or onto assignments that would require her expertise.

I found I liked Apollo better.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion- Scion of Thoth(Good Guy)

• Hitura-Scion of Apollo(Good Guy)

Lady Hitura Caprion

Sorry! Forgot to mention xD She's on the good guy side. Fits her more with the military and all.

meikle

I think I need to bow out.  I got a little overexcited, and this week has come to remind me that I don't really have the free time that I wish I had to get involved in more games. :(

O and O and Discord
A and A