My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ryo242

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 04, 2014, 12:13:44 AM
I will never call Vinyl Scratch, DJ-Pon3.
I think that DJ-Pon3 is the fan name for the youtube videos that have her head bobbing with awesome music.  There are some names that Hasbro can't use because of legal issues since the fans named them.  Will still call her Vinyl Scratch, because it makes more sense to say "Vinyl" as a nickname.

<_< >_>  As I watch more of season 4, I begin to realize how bad season 3 was.  As compared to the other seasons, it just didn't hit enough... fun points.  The episodes were kinda important, but the sheer fun value of them isn't as great as 2, 4, or even 1... Does anyone else feel this way, or am I thinking too much again?
The Awkward Shrug for when I have to blow you off and you need to know why.
Lightswitches to my heart and more.
Ponycurious? Why is this guy always so happy?
Tools of Fun:  "Goddess Catching Net" (made by Acme Corporation)
Click here for story ideas

Ember Star

Yeah, that's why Doctor Whoves official name is Time Turner. BTW, David Tennant is said to guess voice on "a background pony nobody has noticed before" in a upcoming episode.

As for this season being better than last? IDK. Last season was alright. Magic Mystery Cure is one of my favorite episodes because of the songs. My problem with last season was that it was so short.

This season is bugging me because there's yet to be another mention of the box. Though you figure the rainbow sparkle element connections are somehow leading back to it.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

ulthakptah

The box was mentioned some. That was the reason they were spending time at the old castle to find out more about it. The episodes in the most recent season that have bothered me were the Daring Do, and Power Ponies one. They were odd and bazaar even for a world filled with magical talking horses.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ember Star on February 04, 2014, 10:49:57 AM
Yeah, that's why Doctor Whoves official name is Time Turner. BTW, David Tennant is said to guess voice on "a background pony nobody has noticed before" in a upcoming episode.

As for this season being better than last? IDK. Last season was alright. Magic Mystery Cure is one of my favorite episodes because of the songs. My problem with last season was that it was so short.

This season is bugging me because there's yet to be another mention of the box. Though you figure the rainbow sparkle element connections are somehow leading back to it.

They are doing what a lot of anime does, set up what that season is about then fill it with stuff not about the season and then hit you on the last 5-7 episodes with the actual story line.... Well actually a lot of shows do this.  It is to get people to watch so that their ratings stay up.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Snapespersephone

A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

Yukina

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ulthakptah

I finished watching Twilight time today. Anyone else think Claire Corlett is sounding older?

Ember Star

Yeah, there was a lot of discuss of that on the video comments. She does. She is.

I want the Cutie Mark Crusaders to get their darn cutie marks already. LOL.

ulthakptah

You might get your wish; an upcoming episode is titled "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils".

I doubt it though.

Chris Brady

If this offends someone, I apologize, but a friend of mine showed it to me last night, and I can't finish watching it.  It's too damn funny, and too damn well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6023crXgIQ
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ember Star

rou

When I watched the humanized pony movie, I remember being really frustrated that they all had skin the color of their fur.

Then I realized that, by doing so, they completely avoided assigning ethnicities to the different characters, and then I was extremely grateful that they didn't make all the ponies "white" or having to deal with the backlash of actually making variances in color.

YAY, BLUE AND PURPLE SKIN.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Ember Star

Quote from: roulette on March 01, 2014, 04:13:26 PM
When I watched the humanized pony movie, I remember being really frustrated that they all had skin the color of their fur.

Then I realized that, by doing so, they completely avoided assigning ethnicities to the different characters, and then I was extremely grateful that they didn't make all the ponies "white" or having to deal with the backlash of actually making variances in color.

YAY, BLUE AND PURPLE SKIN.
Same. A lot of people bitched about it, but I think once it came out and everybody saw how incredibly adorable they were, they mostly shut up. Plus, as you said, much better than making them all pasty white anime girls or something. My only complaint is in their half-pony version, they look a bit too much like Monster High girls.

ulthakptah

Ember Star

So I found this story on many of my brony pages on Facebook today

http://www.wric.com/story/24951935/school-wont-let-bullied-boy-bring-my-little-pony-bag-to-class

This behavior and sigma really needs to stop. To be fair, I think it's beginning to. I've converted one person since I've been a fan, not to a brony, but to realization that the show isn't a gay show just for little girls. So perhaps the sigma can change, but in the mean time, hearing about this stuff is horrid. Makes me want to send my brony friend who's the captain of a serious Airsoft team and has swords and stuffs to teach these kids that bronies can be just as bad ass as anything and aren't all one thing.

Chris Brady

What, stop bullying?  Not sure how to do it without killing off the entire human race.  And I wish I was being facetious or sarcastic.  Bullying happens at all levels of life, no matter what it's called.  It's not something kids do.  It's something that happens through out people's lives.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ember Star

No.  Not stop bullying.  I actually think bullying has it it rightful place, strange as that sounds to some. I just meant the sigma around the show. Although, on the bullying note, I actually think it was wrong to make the kid stop bringing his backpack.  Somehow I think only inforcs that it's somehow wrong to like the show

Chris Brady

Unless the kid wants to get beaten up again, maybe it's better than he doesn't bring it.

Ember Star

I understand that. Though personally I don't think he should be shamed into hiding it like that. But with an action like that, the bullies are still likely to beat him up even without the backpack and they're likely to actually use the fact that he was told not to bring it against him. Point being, not bringing the backpack probably does no good unless the bullies are punished too. It can actually make matters worse given the situation. Then again, punishing the bullies can just make them sneakier, so yeah, it's catch all around.

Dhi

The school is at fault for resigning the bullying to take place. The school is doubly at fault for victim blaming. Actual, respectable schools have education on what bullying is, and who to talk to if it happens to you. If a zoo fails to provide the safeguards that will prevent plump children and hungry lions from having confrontations, then the zoo is to blame. It is not the fault of the plump children. Even if they were less plump, it would not really help. (In this scenario, the plumpness is a metaphor for Rainbow Dash backpacks)

This story says more about Buncombe County than it does about MLP. My partner is a teacher. I am ashamed for this North Carolina school.

But,
Quote from: Ember Star on March 12, 2014, 05:04:52 PMthe show isn't a gay show just for little girls.
You're not really using the word gay pejoratively in a story about spreading tolerance, are you? Are these his words or yours?

Ember Star

His. Those aren't his words exactly, I don't remember what they were exactly.  But he did  say something to that extent