Kitty Humour from the Minds of Persons of Note

Started by Serephino, January 30, 2011, 07:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

1. "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
2. "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
3. "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." -- Anonymous
4. "Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." -- Jeff Valdez
5. "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." -- English proverb
6. "As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." -- Ellen Perry Berkeley
7. "One cat just leads to another." -- Ernest Hemingway
8. "Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message -- and get back to you later." -- Mary Bly
9. "Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." -- Joseph Wood Krutch
10. "People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life." -- Faith Resnick
11. "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." -- Anonymous
12. "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." -- Hippolyte Taine
13. "No, Heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to welcome me." -- Unknown
14. "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." -- Albert Schweitzer
15. "The cat has too much spirit to have no heart." -- Ernest Menaul
16. "Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God."
17. "Time spent with cats is never wasted." -- Colette
18. "Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well." -- Missy Dizick
19. "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats." -- Colonial American proverb
20. "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." -- Joseph Wood Krutch
21. "I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic."
22. "My husband said it was him or the cat ... I miss my husband sometimes."
23. "Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit."

KaiiVii

I love it!

11. "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." -- Anonymous

that one especially!
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

Oniya

* Oniya compiles a list of samplers to make...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Fae Brin

The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming