Justice League: Founding [Recruitment]

Started by Totoro, October 14, 2017, 11:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on October 16, 2017, 05:54:00 PM
We're allowed to make OCs right? I have an idea for one if possible?

OC's are doable. PM me the idea if you like.

Edit: Just to clarify to everyone, they're possible but not as likely as a canon character. They have to really fit with the team/setting to be allowed.

Quote from: Heartsink on October 16, 2017, 06:04:49 PM
Would an alternate Rorschach joining Justice League's universe instead of Watchmen's be possible, kinda like the Question but more Rorschach-ish?

The largest issue would be Rorschach's traditional brutality. Of the justice league so far at the very least both Batman and Superman would be more likely to arrest him than ally with him. So it depends on how you'd want to handle that.

Heartsink

Quote from: Sun Wukong on October 16, 2017, 06:10:04 PMThe largest issue would be Rorschach's traditional brutality. Of the justice league so far at the very least both Batman and Superman would be more likely to arrest him than ally with him. So it depends on how you'd want to handle that.

He could be an ally turning into a villain, getting more and more violent (excessively beating up foes initially [which gets him frequent reproaches or odd looks from teammates, especially Batman & Superman] > torture [which gets him suspension from the team] > outright murder [which causes his expulsion]) which antagonizes him from the rest of the League.

Totoro

Quote from: Heartsink on October 16, 2017, 06:32:42 PM
He could be an ally turning into a villain, getting more and more violent (excessively beating up foes initially [which gets him frequent reproaches or odd looks from teammates, especially Batman & Superman] > torture [which gets him suspension from the team] > outright murder [which causes his expulsion]) which antagonizes him from the rest of the League.

All PC's need to belong on the team and be suitable to stay on the team long term. Being expelled after doing what he's done would likely get him killed by villains or permanently jailed/imprisoned by the League, which would be no fun for you to play either way. You would also end up with little to no interaction as your team-mates PC's wouldn't want to deal with your PC. Realistically even torture would likely cause expulsion or at least half the team refusing to work with him.

Right now given the amount of players I've got and characters I'm really looking for core, canon characters to get involved who're some of the classic lineup. Biggest ones would definitely be Aquaman and a Lantern.

Backdraft

Ollie would be nice, too, but I'll freely admit that I'm biased.

That said, a GA has always been the political conscience of the League.

RubySlippers

Well you deleted my only copy of my character so am not sure when I'll get around to rebuilding it, I'm not feeling well and its a lot of work for a game which might not survive long so I'll get it done when I get it done maybe a week or two.

Totoro

Going to be putting recruitment on hold for now. You're still welcome to state interest here or via PM and I'll shortlist you and try to leave the character you'd like out of the story within reason.

RubySlippers

My hands aren't hurting too much I'll try to finish my character tonight.

Totoro

Recruitment for this game's going to be re-opening. The biggest thing, by some distance, I'm looking for is a Green Lantern. List of the likeliest heroes to be approved is below. If you've got an idea for a DC hero you'd like to play who's not listed, let me know here or via PM.

Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Firestorm
Blue Beetle
Hawkgirl
Booster Gold

The Flash and Cyborg are currently NPC's but could be made available as PC's.

Re Z L

A&A

Backdraft

Quote from: Re Z L on November 21, 2017, 07:25:00 PM
Still have the one I sent you?

I'd be super excited to have Canary on the team.

*Crosses fingers for a GA as well.*

mia h

Quote from: Backdraft on November 21, 2017, 07:27:53 PM
I'd be super excited to have Canary on the team.
... or someone really out of left field like Rocket Red
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Backdraft

Quote from: mia h on November 22, 2017, 01:30:51 AM
... or someone really out of left field like Rocket Red

I wasn't trying to coerce him, or anything. XD

It's who he seemed interested in playing when he first posted.

Quote from: Re Z L on October 16, 2017, 05:13:34 PM
*Plants a flag, to illustrate dominion.*

*Works on a Black Canary.*

HockeyGod

Got someone with good experience interested in GL  ;D

Totoro

HockeyGod

Quote from: Sun Wukong on November 22, 2017, 09:05:57 AM
Who's that?

Barnbean - we're exchanging PMs about it. He's quite accomplished - I've RPed with him before E and in E. He's in my Star Trek game and I've done 1:1s with him. Really good writer and character developer.

Totoro

Quote from: HockeyGod on November 22, 2017, 09:15:41 AM
Barnbean - we're exchanging PMs about it. He's quite accomplished - I've RPed with him before E and in E. He's in my Star Trek game and I've done 1:1s with him. Really good writer and character developer.

Awesome. Always appreciate my players helping to recruit and I take recommendations highly. I'm always open to PM's if there are any questions I can answer.

Timeless

.. I shouldn't but let me just ask.

What do you think of having Raven in the team?

Backdraft

Quote from: Timeless on November 24, 2017, 11:38:48 AM

Best Titan, hands down.

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Backdraft

Quote from: mia h on November 24, 2017, 01:22:30 PM
*crosses Backdraft off Christmas card list*

*Whistles awkwardly as he realizes he forgot about Starfire.*

Can't help it, though. Rae was my first childhood crush. :P

Gannameade

Are you high?!?

Most guys didn't realize what women looked like before WW and Starfire!!!

Totoro

Quote from: Timeless on November 24, 2017, 11:38:48 AM

I'm open to it absolutely. Might need slightly more discussion than some other PC's but I don't see her being an issue at all.

Backdraft

That would be hilarious, since I don't think that Starfire and Nightwing have even met in this AU, and Nightwing's currently laid out in the Batcave with a dozen shattered bones.

Totoro

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on November 24, 2017, 08:12:36 PM
Y'know what, fuck it, I might be interested. Would you consider Nightstar (the daughter of Starfire and Nightwing from the future)? She'd be temporally displaced, of course, and her powers might need some specification since they're never outright codified in the comic run that she was part of. But I've always liked playing her in this kind of game because of the shenanigans it inevitably leads to. :P

I'm open to the idea, generally characters with connection to current PC's would need a bit of a discussion with the player currently using the related PC, more out of the interest on stepping on one another's toes. So thinks like trying to avoid the team being flooded with Kryptonians/Lanterns or similar.

If Mia H is cool with it I'm open to seeing where you'd go with her. Powers would need detailing in some way but this is a high-tier game with somewhat varied power levels anyway.

Totoro

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on November 24, 2017, 08:42:25 PM
Well I mean, narratively it probably wouldn't affect Starfire at all. I mean, this is her daughter from a possible future. If she doesn't end up with Nightwing...well meh, characters from alternate futures have shown up before in DC without their presences causing a paradox that renders them nonexistent. :P But yeah, I'll talk to Mia H, then try to dig up my old Nightstar Bio. :P

Yeah narrative's less the point with this one it's more just a courtesy thing.

If it's a probably we can try and work around it and see what happens.