Mischief Managed (Xxbutterfiywings & JingleKaileiJangle)

Started by xxbutterfiywings, December 22, 2009, 07:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaileikehi

"Oh trust me, I want to tell everyone too. In fact, i think I will." He carried her into the house, refusing to set her down at all. He carried her through the kitchen and into the living room for all to see. He then lifted her as high as he could without dropping her and proudly proclaimed. "This is mine for keepsies!" He then flopped down on the couch, Riley in his lap and snuggled her tight against him. "My girl."

Lily laughed, clapping. if she could have cheered she would've. She looked at James, beaming.

It was just under a week later, around seven o-clock in the evening, New Year's Eve. Lily was sitting behind Riley on the bed, fussing with the other girl's hair. The fireworks in Diagon Alley were going to be party like, and the Lily had decided she and her best friend needed to look their best for the boys. She was so very glad for Riley, to finally have Sirius the way she had longed for him. As more than just a friend. It warmed her entire being to know her best friend was so happy as of lately, though the under lying worry of what would happen when they got back to school lurked in the back of all their minds.

Lily's fingers worked on a braid, trying to make it perfect and then stopping to look at Riley, as though inquiring what she wanted her to do with it.

xxbutterfiywings

Riley was quite nervous about tonight considering it would be the first official date she and Sirius would be going on. But she also knew that Lily must be just as nervous since it was the first date for her and James as well. She stared off for just a moment, before she realized Lily was staring at her and she blushed. "Ohhh! The braid looks really pretty!" She said with a grin and Riley gently messed with her hair just a little. She loved how loose braids looked in her hair, leaving just a few of those curls to dangle down just above her ears.

"Now what would you like me to do with your hair?" She asked the red head, moving to sit behind her and she grinned as she bounced a little on the mattress. "Are you excited for your first date with James?" She asked the girl, running her fingers through those red locks as she smiled. 

James was proud of his best friend, glad that he finally was in a good relationship instead of those silly relationships Sirius had a tendency to get into. "I think I'm going to tell Lily my feelings tonight...i mean she knows, but maybe if i tell her again she'll see how serious i am." James said with a determined nod, but even if he did tell the girl his feelings. She still wouldn't be able to say it back. He sighed softly as he pulled on a nice dark blue polo shirt and wore a pair of jeans. Well... he was already set to go.

Kaileikehi

Lily grinned, happily tugging a hair tie into Riley's hair with a finishing flourish. She turned and let Riley mess with her hair, smiling. She turned her head and nodded, but then she frowned and pressed a hand to her stomach before forming both her hands into wings. She was positively nervous, even though it was just James and they'd hung out so many times before, just, never an official date. It wasn't like they'd planned it to be a date date, it had ust turned out that way after Sirius and Riley had gotten together. Lily was very happy about it, but she was extremely anxious. She didn't know what to do with her hair and sighed, looking at the things they'd scattered on the bed. She picked up a green ribbon and blinked. Her favorite green dress, of course, was what she was wearing, the dark, prett,y satiny one with the flowy skirt. The ribbon was the same color. She grinned and handed it to Riley, searching for another and giving that to her as well before tapping just above her ears. Just ribbon bows just above her ears.

Sirius was beyond himself, brushing his teeth repeatedly in the bathroom across from James's and his bedroom. the door was open and he looked over at his best friend, mouth full of toothpaste. "I'm so bloody nervous." He spat into the sink and then got the mouth wash, swirling it around and spitting that as well. "S'all good for you, she's not your girlfriend, but what if I screw something up and she breaks it off?"

xxbutterfiywings

Riley nodded her head, knowing exactly what Riley meant when she put her hand to her stomach. "I know, i have them too. Dates always seem so stressful at first, but i'm sure we'll both have lots of fun. And it's just James, you know he cares about you." She said with a smile and took the ribbons from Lily before tying them in the girls hair. She moved in front of the red head and smiled. "You look so pretty Lily!" She said excitedly and hugged her friend tight before she would move to the mirror to apply some make up. "You're wearing your green dress tonight right? I'm not sure what I want to wear..." She said honestly putting on some eye liner as she spoke to her friend. She finished with her make up before moving over to her suit case and picking out a dark blue dress that she had. She was glad that they both brought dresses on their trip!

James chuckled seeing Sirius' foamy mouth and he smirked. "Well if you head on your date looking like you have rabies, Walters may break it off with you." He said playfully and shook his head. "You'll be fine. Don't be nervous, it's just Walter's after all. That's what I keep on thinking with Lily." he said honestly, even though he was beyond nervous as well.

Kaileikehi

Lily nodded and grinned happily. She pointed at Riley and placed a hand over her heart and then fanned herself with the other, swooning. She giggled silently an went to grab her dress. She was so excited to wear it finally. She tugged it on up from her feet to her shoulders, so it wouldn't mess up her hair and then did up the discreet side zipper. No sleeves, but she'd wear her jacket and be just fine. She pulled on her boots, knowing she would look a little laughable with them instead of heels but then, she'd rather be warm than pretty all over. She tugged at Riley, it was almost time.

Sirius looked in the mirror. "Blood hell." He grabbed a towel, wet it and wiped his mouth clean of the sticky tooth paste. "I jsut want it to be perfect, y'know? It's our first actual date and I want her to enjoy it. I know she's just Riley, but James, that's just it. She's Riley." He adored the girl so much he couldn't quite help himself. He wanted her to have the best night of her life tonight. He sighed. "Well, we best get going, or they'll get at us for being late."

xxbutterfiywings

Riley blushed as Lily started fanning herself and she giggled softly with a shake of her head. "You're silly bean sprout." She said with a smile and slid into her own blue dress before smoothing out the small wrinkles. The dress hugged her curves just right but she knew it would keep her warm for the cold night ahead of them. She too slid on a pair of boots and she blinked when Lily was tugging at her. She smiled and nodded her head. "I know i know it's time to go." She said with a giggle and made her way down the stairs and raised an eyebrow. "Did we actually beat the boys? Maybe we should give them a hard time." She said playfully and hugged Lily tightly to reassure her that everything would be fine tonight.

James watched as Sirius cleaned himself up and he sighed nodding his head. "I know Pads, but if you keep worrying about it, you'll just make yourself more nervous." He said honestly and pat the boy on the back. "Just be yourself, that's the way Riley loves you." He said with a smile before he would head down the stairs with Sirius to see the girls already there. His eyes set on Lily instantly and he moved over to the red head with a bright smile. "You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen Lily." He said softly as his wrapped around her tightly and held her close. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and let out a happy sigh. "We should probably get going soon so we can actually do some stuff in diagon alley before the big crowd heads in."

Kaileikehi

Lily practically burst out laughing. Normally it would be a girls turn to be late because she was having trouble finding something perfect. She guessed since neither of them had the entirety of their closets, they just had to make due, so there wasn't much choice except the dresses. But Lily figured they'd have picked these anyways. She embraced James around the middle tightly, shaking her head. No. And then she pointed at Riley. That was the most beautiful girl ever. But then, she was kind of like a mother hen with her chick when it came to Riley. She always wanted the other chickens to see just how splendid her chick was.
Sirius took one look at Riley and gulped. Suddenly the room was very hot and he wasn't sure why, but he tugged at his collar, made the last of the way down the stairs and stood in front of her, eyes wide. He gulped again and then smoothly and oh so very cool like, sputtered. "Y-y-you.... I... soooo... shit.... gorgeous." He managed it, before he actuallly got actual words out in a grammartically correct order. "You're the most gorgeous being in the universe..." He grabbed her to him, like a puppy with a bone and hugged her tight. "Yeah, we should get going."

xxbutterfiywings

James blinked when Lily would shake her head after his compliment and he looked towards Riley with a smile. Riley was a pretty girl, but she hadn't caught his eye for all those years. It was the red head in front of him he had fallen in love with. "Even if you don't believe me, in my eyes you're still the most beautiful girl in the world" He said softly to the girl before looking to the rest of the group and he smirked. "Well, lets get going then. Mum, dad we're heading out now!" James called to his parents.

Sara came out of the living room and smiled seeing the group of teenagers. "Well don't you all just look wonderful. Have fun and be safe!" She said hugging every single one of them before waving to them as they apparated.

Riley blushed when she noticed Sirius' reaction and she smiled softly shaking her head. "Thank you love. You look just as handsome." She said and placed a kiss to his cheek before hugging him tight as well. She smiled seeing Sara come out of the living room and she hugged the woman tightly. "Don't worry, everyone will return safely." She said not wanting to worry the older woman. Riley also felt like it was her responsibility to make sure everyone returned safe. She had always taken care of Lily, now it was her turn to take care of Sirius and James as well. She held onto Sirius' hand and held onto the port key. She smiled brightly to the rest of them, she was so excited to have a night out on the town. She gasped when her body was brought through the wizarding world and in the center of diagon alley. It took her a few moments to get her bearings before making sure everyone had arrived as well.

Kaileikehi

Lily hugged Mrs. Potter tightly, and smiling ever so widely, placed her arm through James's and a finger on the portkey. She'd never traveled by one before, but she'd read learned about them. She was a bit shaken when suddenly, she was jerked around her waist and by her finger and suddenly, she was flying through what felt like space and time, and then, she landed haphazardly, losing balance and tumbling down to the ground. She let out a teeny little 'oof' of air from her lungs and blinked, looking around. Everything was sparkling, there was tons of people, bu not so many that it was too crowded just yet. Most would probably just come for the fireworks and that would be it for them, such as the families with smaller children. She stood up, brushed snow off herself and looked around some more, this time for the others. She grinned, finding them right there, and bounced to kiss Riley on the cheek before ushering her that she could go off with Sirius by themselves if they wanted too, they hadn't had much time alone since they'd become a couple.

Sirius grinned, wrapping an arm around Riley's waist. "Here we are love." He tugged at her, waving at James. "C'mon. We'll meet you guys back at the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron right before the fireworks." He led Riley off into the crowd before catching her up and kissing her on the cheek. "You're so beautiful."

xxbutterfiywings

James tried his best not to laugh when Lily fell after being transported by the port key and he helped her up and brushed some of the snow off of her as well. He smiled to her and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Are you okay Lils?" He asked her laughing however as the girl was bouncing over to Riley and he took her hand once they had said good bye. "How about we go get some ice cream? Hopefully it wont be too crowded." He said honestly and walked with her towards the ice cream parlour. It was pretty interesting to see Diagon Alley all decorated for the new years eve. There were vendors in the street whom usually were there and he blinked however when a witch approached him.

"Try out your wizarding spells and win a doll for the lady!" The witch said to James.

James looked to Lily and then nodded his head, paying a sickle to the lady as he would take his wand out from his cloak. He concentrated on the death eater cut out and flicked his wand. "Bombarda!" He said and chuckled when the cut out turned into dust.

The witch looked to Lily and smiled. "Since he sucessfully blew up the death eatter you can pick any animal you like dearie." She said pointing to the plush dolls on the wall.

Riley pressed a kiss to Lily's check as well and smiled. "Have fun you two! See you in a bit!" She said and snuggled into Sirius as they walked down the street and she blushed at his compliment. "Just like you're absolutely handsome!" She said with a grin and pressed a kiss to his nose before playfully squirming out of his grasp. The dark haired girl ran a head of him to pick up a pile of snow and playfully throw it at him. "I don't think you can keep up with me." She said with a wink and she started to run down the street with a giggle. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded just yet so that Sirius wouldn't lose sight of her. 

Kaileikehi

Lily's eyes grew wide at the sight of all the vendors, and even wider as James paid for the game and blasted the death eater cut out to smithereens. Other wizards were doing it to,m but not one of them had made their's into pure dust. The lady laughed at her face as she pointed and Lily blinked. What had she just said? She looked at James and then the lady who was point... to a wall of plush. Lily blinked and grinned wide, scanning them. She pointed to the dark blue octopus covered in golden stars. The lady went to get him and Lily grabbed James around the waist, hugging him ever so very tightly and lovingly. She was so happy. She beamed as the lady handed her the octopus and hugged him tightly  before letting go ot James, grabbing two tentacles and dancing in a circle like a little kid would. She got out her notebook. 'I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be mine. Squishy.' She grinned and handed it to James, still so very lit up and bright. All her plushies had been lost when her house had blown up. Having just this one... well, it meant a lot.
Sirius chased after Riley, laughing as the snow hit him square in the face. "I'm gonna get you, Ri!" He scooped up some snow and aimed for her retreating back, still laughing, unable to stop. She was so pretty and fun... he couldn't believe his luck at all. He was the luckiest damn wizard ever. He picked up his pace, chasing faster and then grabbed her around the waist, tackling her down into a clean, soft snowbank and tickling her hard. "Told you I'd get you!"

xxbutterfiywings

James chuckled seeing how stunned Lily was and he looked to the plush doll that the red head had chose. It was interesting looking doll...but as long as it made Lily happy, that was all that mattered. He smiled as she hugged him tightly and he hugged her back, pressing a kiss to her head. "You're very welcome Lils." he said softly knowing that the girl was thanking him because of her actions and he blinked when she let go. He laughed at what was written on the page and he shook his head.

"As long as squishy doesn't take my spot, i've been waiting six years to be standing here with you. Squishy and I may have to fight to the death!" He said with a laugh and hugged her once again before pointing up the road. "Shall we continue on to get some ice cream?" He asked the red head and held his hand out to her once she put away her notebook. James didn't even realize how much the plush doll had meant to the red head, he just wanted her to be happy.

Riley let out a playful squeal as Sirius started to chase after her and she gasped as she felt that snowball hit her back. It was so cold! Thankfully she knew some warming spells to use if they needed them. She laughed as he wrapped his arms around her waist trying to squirm away but it was too late for he already tackled her to the ground. Instantly laughter filled the whole area they were in as his fingers started to tickle her sides and she squirmed like a mad woman in the snow. "S-S-Sirius!" She pouted as she laughed and instantly she picked up some more snow and plopped it down on the top of his head. She laughed with a bright smile and leaned up to kiss his nose. "I love you" She said innocently, almost like a child who had gotten caught doing something bad.

Kaileikehi

Lily laughed, well, she opened her mouth and her shoulders moved, her eyes closing as she was caught up in a silent fit of hysterical giggles. She would have ended up on the ground had it not been covered in slush and she was wearing her good dress. It too a few moments for her to calm down and gain composure, eyes leaking. She got out her notebook again, scribbling and handing it to James. Squishy and I are already engaged. We have a little octopuslet on the way as well. I'm sorry, but you'll just have to be my secret Spanish lover... cause Spaniards are sexy. She swooned a little bit and made a show of pretending to make out with Squishy before she grinned at James cockily. Oh, she knew she was going to get it for that one... playfully of course. She bonked James with her Squishy. Unable to help it, she went into another giggle fit and grabbed James's arm, dragging him towards the ice cream parlour while she tried not to stumble along the way. She hadn't had anything to laugh about this hard in a long while, and of course, since it'd been a while, she was having trouble stopping.

Sirius blinked as a pile of snow plopped onto his head. He sat there in slight shock as it began to melt and drip down his neck into his shirt. Riley kissed his nose, and his eyes followed her face before becoming rather distracted by the bit of snow tumbling off his head, and landing, right on the very tip of his nose. He laughed and shook his head, very much like a dog trying to dry itself after being out in the rain. He tugged Riley to him, hugging her hard and snuggling her. "And I love you, love. But now..." His grin changed to something rather evil. "It is time for payback!" He turned and began flinging powder from the bank allllll over her.

xxbutterfiywings

James smiled seeing that the red head was laughing even if there wasn't any sound coming from her lips. It was obvious that she was happy just by the sparkle in her eyes and the smile on her lips, that was all the black haired boy wanted especially after seeing Lily upset after the past few months. He blinked seeing her raising for her note pad once again and he laughed instantly even though his cheeks turned a bright red under his spectacles. It was weird to think that the girl thought of him as sexy but he was glad. It meant that obviously Lily had some sort of feelings for him and that was something that James cherished. He grinned and tugged the red head to him tightly, his arm resting resting on her waist as they walked. "Well, I'll just have to improve my sexy skills and make sure I become your permanent Spanish lover" He said with a laugh, the last part of the sentence he tried to use a fake Spanish accent. He saw the ice cream shop ahead and held the door open for Lily as they made their way inside. "Let me guess, you want some sort of mint ice cream?" He asked with a little laugh and kissed her head. He was absolutely falling in love with this girl.

Riley let out a surprised gasp when Sirius shook his head and the wetness of the snow started to fall on her. "Siri!" She whined with a giggle and snuggled him back when she was snuggled. She gasped again when he started to fling more snow at her and she pouted. "You're not nice!" She said playfully and kissed his forehead once again. She slid her wand out of her jacket and used a spell to dry them both off. "There now we're both nice and dry so we won't get sick." She said with a head nod almost like a mother watching out for her chick and she snuggled with him. A brightness came to her cheeks when she heard her stomach growl and she smiled at him innocently. "I think we should get some candy!" She said with a nod, feeling really happy since she was with Sirius.

Kaileikehi

Lily beamed, glad that he'd laughed at that. Most of the time, she had a bit of trouble making people laugh and be goofy, but with James, it was easy. It was like she wasn't scared of making a fool of herself by saying something she thought was funny and instantly regretting it when he didn't laugh... because so far he normally laughed. And when he didn't it was always because the words on paper didn't have the right tone to them that they could have had they been coming out of her mouth, instead of her pen. Up on tiptoe she went, and her lips met his cheek lightly, pecking it before she almost giggled and snuggled her head under his chin a bit before nodding. She scribbled down on her pad of paper again for him, knowing it'd be more difficult to point over and over again, trying to get the right flavour. Peppermint stick.

Sirius laughed and tugged her out of the snow gentley, hugging her to him tightly. He cupped her face in his hands and began kissing all over, trying to get every inch of it. "You.... are... a...maaaaz...zing." He cuddled her tight, kissing her nose, each cheek, her forehead, her chin, even her eyelids before he got to her lip and pressed hard, trying to get all that he was feeling, all that love, to her. He stroked her hair as he pulled away, looking down at her adoringly. "And positively scrumptious. Candy?" He perked up even more at the mention of sugar and looked around. "let's see... ah! Over there! CANDY!" He grabbed her hand and started dragging her towards a cart laden with sweets. "It's Honeydukes! They must have come all they way from Hogsmeade."

xxbutterfiywings

James smiled watching as Lily pulled out her note pad and he read over the words before nodding and looking to the cashier. "Can we have a few scoops of peppermint stick please?" He asked the woman, watching as she scrambled about to complete their order. "I figure we could share it" He said with a grin, his eyes moving to look around the ice cream parlor for just a moment. There were a lot of fellow students from Hogwarts, probably getting ready to celebrate the new years as well. The woman made her way back over to them and he paid her before taking their small cauldron filled with ice cream. "Where shall we sit?" He asked the red head following her to the place that she chose.

Riley blushed bright red as Sirius' kisses covered her entire face and she closed her eyes once he attempted to kiss her eyelids. Her body tensed for just a moment as his lips met hers, not realizing that their first kiss would be happening at this moment. She smiled softly however, returning the hard kiss and slowly her eyes fluttered open when he pulled away. "Candy?" She asked him with a starry look in her eyes. She had forgotten that they were on their way to get the sweet treat and she laughed as he pulled her along to the cart. "Seems like someone is excited." She said playfully with a wink and hugged him close.

Kaileikehi

Lily beamed at
James
, her eyes bright with excitement
as he ordered and then led
her over to a table. She sat do
wn and picked up a spoon, dipped I
t into the ice cream and slip
ped it into her mouth. Her entire b
eing lit up in an almost lightb
ullbish fashion, minus the actua
l light.She stared at James for a moment, tilting her head and then grinning at him, full and happy. She took out the notepad again and scribbled on it for a moment before holding it up to him. There were no actual words this time. There was however, the drawing of a snitch covered with candy canes and surrounded by a heart. She was sure he wouldn't get the message but she was kind of hoping he wouldn't wuite get it as she wasn't exactly ready to say it.

Sirus nodded, his currently nonexistant tail practically wagging as he took Riley's hand and headed for the candy shop. "Oh, I couldn't care less about candy when I've already got the very sweetest thing on the planet. However, I am a bit hungry and if I ate the sweetest thing on the planet it would be considered cannibalism which is quite frowned upon in today's society, particularly in public." He grinned at her and pushed open the door to the candy shop. "Pick whatever you want, love."

xxbutterfiywings

James smiled watching as the red head ate her ice cream and he did the same. He really loved the frozen treat but most importantly, he loved that he was with Lily Evans. He couldn't believe that he was on a date with the most beautiful girl in the world. He watched as Lily reached for her pad of paper and he raised an eyebrow at her drawing. Hm... what ever could the girl mean by that drawing? A snitch covered with candy canes surrounded by a heart? He hoped that he wasn't supposed to understand this message. He smiled and leaned over to press a kiss to cheek. "Your picture is cute but I have no idea what it means." He said honestly with a chuckle before finishing up his ice cream. He waited for the red head to finish up before turning his attention towards the crowd forming in the center of Diagon Alley.

"We should head towards the fire works soon. It seems like everyone is starting to line up" He said and took her hand into his before making his way out of the ice cream shop.

Riley blushed instantly when she heard Sirius' compliment and she giggled with a shake of her head. "Well, even if it weren't illegal, I don't think you should be eating me." She said with a wink and placed a kiss to the tip of his lips before picking out some candy for herself. Anything chocolate was her favorite. Her eyebrow raised when she noticed a group of Slytherin students looking at them with glares and she sighed before rolling her eyes. "Maybe we should just go see the fireworks huh?" She asked him with a hug and smiled.

Kaileikehi

Lily's mouth opened in the shape of a giggle without the sound. She tucked her paper pad back into her pocket, glad he didn't get it. It had been her eay of saying she liked him without actually saying it. Typiscal diversive girl stuff. He was the snitch, she was the candy cane, and the heart was her unspoken fellings for him. She wasnrt wuite sure as to whuy, but she absolutely adored this boy. She figured it was the snitch that threw him off since he was a Chaser, but she liked snitches better and wasn't so sure she could draw a discernable Quaffle, but she did one hell of a snitch. As they stepped out into the cold, Lily moved to snuggle up against his side, tugging his arm around her shoulders.She was shivery and snuggled up to him shaking but smiling still. A larGe boom erupted from above and the bright shining lights exploded in the sky. It was the minute warning, telling them it was time to star counting down.

Sirius smiled and tugged her to him, planting a kiss on to of her head. "Sure thing cutie. Oh! There's the minute flash. Let's hurry along." He took her hand again and tugged her quickly through the crowd. They were supposed to meet James and Lily in the center of the square in time for the fireworks. He blinked as the count down started.. Ten.. Nine.. Eight... He stopped midstep. They could find the other two after. Lriley, you are seriously the most anmazing girl I've ever met." Three.. Two... One The sky exploded with fireowkrs as the crowd cheered and Sirius scooped Riley right on up, kissing her hard and lovingly. A scream, this time not one of joy sounnded and Sirus blinkedM Dark masked figures were coming out of wvery alleywa, every buildingM He gasped and wrapped an arm around Riley as rthe square started to panicM "Death Eaters! RileyB RunB Don't let go of me!" He drew his wand and kept a tight grip on her hand as he started running.