For The Crown [New Positions Open =D]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, June 19, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyIvan

Sorry this is taking so long, but I am almost done with my character. All that is left is to finish writing his history, which I have in my head and in notebooks and I will be done.

LimitlessNikkie

No worries CrazyIvan, I look forward to reading it once your done.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

MagicalPen

That is one ugly castle. Camo paint, really? Gun turrets, really? Must be from some Anime.

Anyways - I should be able to work on my character sheet during the course of today. Certainly no later then tonight. Lots of moving around.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Yeah. Gotta buy the 3d model to see it bigger then that. Ah well. If it ain't the Aserit's main castle home, can it be like Henrik's own place? Maybe the Bloody Raven barracks and training ground or something...
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Could always be the Theiri's. *Shrug.*  :D Whatever works in the end, somebody wnats to use it for either of the family's castle,groovy, if not, ah well.
Check out my poet tree!

NileGoddess

I can browse around for castles, see if I can't find something that would be suitable for one or both of the kingdoms.

LimitlessNikkie

Suggestions for castles are more then welcome, I must admit I've been too busy working on the plot line to even think to look yet :)

The game will start with everyone in Theiri but then they'll be times of separation and most likely visits from Theiri to Aserit until the conflict is resolved.

DarkRose15

I can try and contribute to the Castle search too. Is there anything else anyone needs for the game? I'd be more than happy to look ^_^
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

TheHangedOne

Random Pics of Bloody Ravens to ensue. Also a bit more about them. Links instead of full pics, since I have so many (six, for each of the Aserit Honor Guard that will accompany the family to (and from) Theiri lands). Each one of these links is a different one.  :-)

Basically, the Bloody Ravens are a sort of "spec ops"group of the Aserit military. They are drawn from active members of the military, those people that show a high degree of skill with weapons as well as scholastic knowledge and battlefield tactics. They must have served for three years to qualify, and have a very harsh test including both mental and physical exercises to get in. Maybe 1 in 50 can make the cut, and they only number a little more than three hundred.

The benefits that come are multiple. In the first place, if someone isn't knighted already, then they get knighted upon joining; this effectively raises peasants up to a very low form of nobility, which is pretty damn exceptional. Secondly, their stipend increases, to reflect the harsher training they will endure as well as the increased danger they face.

They only occasionally take directly to the battlefield, and that's usually in a support role, to harass the enemy (Cutting off supply lines, causing avalanches, forest fires, destroying dams...) and provide logistical support to the main force. 

Henrik gives them quite a bit of flexibility in their armament choices, and even keeps a few personal armorers on retainer to see that his men are adequately equipped. Everything they use is high quality unlike the cheaper stuff that the average soldier uses.
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

LimitlessNikkie

DarkRose - I can think of nothing right this second but  just woke up my brains a bit slow. But I might very well be poking you later to help me with Theiri to plot against Aserit he he he.

TheHangedMan - since the Bloody Ravens are your brain child I would appresiate it if you could write a few NPC profiles for the one that will most come into play in scenes.

DarkRose15

LimitlessNikkie - Sounds good :)

Here's a pic I found of a castle:

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

TheHangedOne

Sir Lambert: Skilled in the use of a bastard sword, Lambert is all about killing the enemy before they can get close enough to even take a stab at him.  He prefers full armor to offset the danger inherent in lacking a shield.  When on the field of battle, he is quite single minded and coldly efficient; off the battle, he is actually quite charming, and gets along with others quite easily.

Sir Grim: Sir Grim's blackened and spiky armor is meant to induce terror in those who see him. He wields a broad sword with amazing skill in a single hand, where lesser men might often require two hands to effectively wield it. He uses a tower shield in his off hand, sometimes as an unorthodox weapon. The damned thing is even sharpened. In battle, he is absolutely ruthless and without honor; if he can get a kill in, it's going to happen. Outside of battle,  Sir Grim is ultra-nationalistic, to the point that he's about one step removed from "fanatic". His loyalty is unwavering, as is his confidence in his abilities.

Dame Leofwine: leofwine was born the daughter of a humble hunter, but she had ambitions that surpassed hunting animals for food.  She was picked out to join the Bloody Ravens because she won an archery contest (Henrik sponsors many such contest of arms to find good recruits) and also for  her perfect visual acuity. She uses an oversized longbow that fires larger-than-normal arrows, and her role in battle is akin to "sniper". If an enemy gets too close to her, she also has a seven inch, slightly curved dagger that is as good as carving up humans as it is deer and rabbits. She is also skilled in setting up and disarming a wide variety of traps. In the maelstrom of battle, she remains shockingly calm, smoothly and efficiently picking off her targets. Outside of battle, she tends to be quite aloof.

Dame Averille: Actually a well known thief that was spared execution by Henrik, because he saw the value in her skills. As long as she serves in the Bloody Ravens, she has an effective immunity from being persecuted for her previous crimes. A member since its formation a year ago, she has since reformed many of her ways. She is often an advanced scout, and is also used for infiltration missions. In battle, she is actually quite nervous and can be a bit of a liability; she still has a long way to go to master her use of the short sword; it really is her skills as a thief that keeps her in the group. Outside of battle, she is rude and crude, but also smart enough to not shoot her mouth off to people of rank (she knows she's walking a fine line because of her crimes, and she really wants to stay alive). She lost her left eye when a rapist assaulted her as a child.

Dame Jelanda: Part of Jelanda's outside-of-battle duties includes tending to the horses the Bloody Ravens use. She is also a riding instructor, as is befitting the fact she was born the daughter of a horse breeder.  Originally, her role was to be relegated as a non-combating supporter (with her training riders and taking care of the horses and equipment), however, after a time, she was moved to take up fighting by Henrik's philosophy and steadfast power. She prefers to fight from horseback, using a lance. However, she also a short sword "Just in case". In battle, she can be a bit wild at times, getting high off the surge of adrenaline; despite this, she manages to keep a solid grasp of her surroundings and the situation around her. Outside of battle, she is charming, polite, though a bit skittish. She likes to talk to horses when taking care of them.

Sir Leon: In his youth, he was  a brash and young guardsman, but as he matured, he became a master of the spear, and eventually, a fighting instructor. leon was Henrik's trainer when the Aserit boy was younger, and took a shining to him; he joined up with the Bloody Raven's as a soldier instead of a trainer, finding a simple happiness in watching over the youngster. In addition to his mastery of the spear, and mounted combat besides, he has a natural knack for strategy and tactics, and often coordinates operations alongside Henrik, or leading small detachments of his own. In battle, like many of the Bloody Raven's, he is startlingly calm; even when facing overwhelming odds, he's known to just grin wryly, and wordlessly assault his enemies. Outside of battle, he is cool, calm, and elegant, if slightly melancholic at times. His father was a war hero who died on the field of battle. As an aside, he was already knighted before joining the Bloody Raven's.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: DarkRose15 on June 24, 2011, 04:14:37 PM
LimitlessNikkie - Sounds good :)

Here's a pic I found of a castle:

Heeeeeey. I've played that game before. :3
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

TheHangedOne

Thank you.  As NPCs, just about anyone can tell them what to do; but they're bound and obligated to follow the Aserit family and no one else.  If anybody wants to, feel free to pick out a personal guard.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Vostroya

NileGoddess

As far as castles go, I think it would depend on what we want each kingdom to look like. For example, if Aserit is more of a militaristic kingdom as described, we might want to lean towards something that looks more like a fortress:

http://images.alphacoders.com/656/65619.jpg
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/newsletter/2008_07/em_fixture_rvr_fortress.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-pZSox5cADSU/Rwe8_b4VOHI/AAAAAAAABj8/rIFtyUBiuPA/IMG_0507.JPG

aya

I'll put in an IOU for the Theiri Queen, I'll have it up soon hopefully.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!