Interest Check: Knights of the Valkyrie's Vigil [Mech RP]

Started by TinyValkyrie, April 11, 2009, 01:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinyValkyrie

The Valkyrie's Vigil: An international space station that hovers barely above the earth's atmosphere, visible from the planet's surface. It houses individuals from across the earth that have been chosen and trained in order to cultivate their specific talents in order to pilot the Knights, a designated group of specialized humanoid mechs.

These Knights were created in response to the rising threat of an alien menace dubbed as 'The Armada': A race of highly intelligent, sentient parasites, capable of invading and assimilating entire planets within a matter of days. The Armada commonly takes the form of large, masses of organic matter that can morph into a myriad of shapes, and is even capable of using advanced technology and communications systems.

The Valkyrie is a state of the art, inhabitable satellite- the first in the history of the earth. Systems that modify food, air filtration, and even gardening in a specialized greenhouse assures that the crew of the ship live in comfort away from the earth, though life aboard the station can get rather boring. 'Fraternizing'  between the crew members is anything but uncommon.
This, of course, can cause various problems, especially if liaisons are between the pilots and frames of separate Knight mechs...

------------------------------------------------------
Those that are chosen to man the Knights are split into two groups: Pilots, and their Frames. Pilots are in charge of the weaponry and offensive measures in combat, and frames maneuver the Knight manually via a specialized zero gravity chamber within the mech, requiring a full body suit that will make the Knight unit mimic the frame's moves.
Unfortunately, frames are susceptible to feeling physical pain should the Knight be attacked or damaged, causing the relationships between a pilot and frame of a unit to be almost symbiotic, regardless of what terms they stand on a personal level. Certainly, a pilot and a frame that cannot get along (or at the very least put aside their differences) will not last very long in battle...

+Unit 01+
Le Voile la Nuit
(The Veil of Night)

-A black unit. The Veil does not rely on firepower so much as maneuverability and stealth, and is mounted with a sniper-like cannon. This unit requires that the pilot have incredible reaction time and aim to keep up with their frames, and a frame who is flexible in order to meet the full potential of the unit-
Pilot: Alexander
Frame:

+Unit 02+
Hiro no Tsuki
(Hero of the Moon)

-A white unit. Unlike the other units, Hero specializes in melee and close-range combat, allowing it to have a sword mounted on its back. The pilot will need prior kendo training to wield the sword, with a frame that can sequence their moves with the pilot seamlessly-
Pilot: Sir Wolfgang
Frame: TinyValkyrie

+Unit 03+
GrĂ¼ner Ritter, in der Achtbaren Robe
(Green Knight, in Honorable Robe)

-A deep green unit. The 'tank', Honorable can take the most punishment of all the units, and is the only one mounted with a devastating laser to literally disintegrate foes. Unfortunately, weapons take a while to charge and fire, requiring a pilot with tactical sense and a frame that can think quickly on their feet in tense situations-
Pilot: Doktor Sleepless
Frame: usha

+Unit 04+
In Rood, Tap ik Af
(In Sanguine, I Bleed)

-A deep red unit. Sanguine has the most firepower of all the other units, and can mow down wave after wave of enemies and still have ammo left to spare. It would be best of the pilot was well-versed and skilled in using firearms, with a stronger frame that can move a heavier unit with ease-
Pilot: Kroduk
Frame: TinyValkyrie (Would you like this position?)

+Unit 05+
Monarca de los Mares que Rabian
(Monarch of the Raging Seas)

-A sapphire blue unit. The Monarch is by far the fastest of the units, and fitted with strong shielding plate and lance in its front in order to charge foes in addition to the standard gun fitted to units. Due to its speed, both the pilot and the frame need to have equally fast offensive and defensive maneuvering in order to meet the full potential of the unit-
Pilot: dready
Frame: Shihong

Sir Wolfgang

Valkyrie,
If possible, I would like to be the pilot of the Hero of the Moon.

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: Sir Wolfgang on April 11, 2009, 01:39:12 AM
Valkyrie,
If possible, I would like to be the pilot of the Hero of the Moon.

Certainly, you got it!

Aaleril

I'll take on Unit 01, sounds like an interesting concept. Let me know if this takes off!
I'm sorry all, but life has caught up to me and all the workload associated. I will try to get back to the stories ASAP!

O/Os: http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Aaleril

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: Aaleril on April 11, 2009, 01:55:48 AM
I'll take on Unit 01, sounds like an interesting concept. Let me know if this takes off!

As the Pilot, or the Frame, dear?
Also, as I cannot help myself..

Nyoro~n<3

Aaleril

Hmm, I'll take the frame, mix it up a little.

Smoke-a Cheese de aru yo?
I'm sorry all, but life has caught up to me and all the workload associated. I will try to get back to the stories ASAP!

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: Aaleril on April 11, 2009, 02:06:54 AM
Hmm, I'll take the frame, mix it up a little.

Smoke-a Cheese de aru yo?

There's none left, you ate it already. ;_;

Aaleril

Wahhh!! Kyon-kun, Kyon-kun! Smoke-a Cheese de ii masu ka?

TinyValkyrie

TinyValkyrie

I've been thinking- perhaps, would anybody like to submit their own ideas for a unit? Or change the certain weapons/abilities of another?
Poo. I really wanted to do this...

dready

i'll drop an app for model 05, though could the sheilds be able to be formed into a lance like barrier that is better suited for the strike-by tactics of a hit-and-runner? then again i might have just read the intro for it wrong. ^^;

Crovonovin

Assuming this may still be on, I'd love to take on the role of Unit 05's frame.

The problem here may just be the number of people required to begin the roleplay...  Perhaps the story, should it begin, could have some of the Units unaccounted for, to be filled in later?  Either that, or players would have to adapt to multiple roles.

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: dready on April 12, 2009, 07:47:15 PM
i'll drop an app for model 05, though could the sheilds be able to be formed into a lance like barrier that is better suited for the strike-by tactics of a hit-and-runner? then again i might have just read the intro for it wrong. ^^;

That is a fantastic idea, dear- thank you! And would you like to join us?

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: Shihong on April 12, 2009, 07:48:35 PM
Assuming this may still be on, I'd love to take on the role of Unit 05's frame.

The problem here may just be the number of people required to begin the roleplay...  Perhaps the story, should it begin, could have some of the Units unaccounted for, to be filled in later?  Either that, or players would have to adapt to multiple roles.

Thank you, too dear!
And your idea sounds fantastic as well- perhaps if one or two more people join in, I'd love to at least get this going.
BTW.. I'm loving your sexy panda! ^_^

dready

Quote from: TinyValkyrie on April 12, 2009, 07:55:44 PM
That is a fantastic idea, dear- thank you! And would you like to join us?
indeed i would. though shi's idea brought me to think of another: should we have pc's be the villains as well?

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: dready on April 12, 2009, 07:59:57 PM
indeed i would. though shi's idea brought me to think of another: should we have pc's be the villains as well?

You, my dear, are a genius.
Would that be something that could interest you as well?
I could put in a separate section for The Armada if it does...

dready

Quote from: TinyValkyrie on April 12, 2009, 08:01:44 PM
You, my dear, are a genius.
Would that be something that could interest you as well?
I could put in a separate section for The Armada if it does...
i wouldn't mind one bit portraying such a role. ^^ though i have a question: would the armada be able to take the amoebic shape of say... a slime like creature before they copy the tech they come accross?

Crovonovin

Not to rain on any parades, but I almost feel as though the Armada should be controlled solely by you, TV.  They seem like a rather terrifying foe, and keeping their mighty force restricted to the oh so manipulative hands of the Game Master seems more appropriate.  Giving the players control over the enemies almost cheapens their alien nature.  They become a bit less enigmatic that way.

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: Shihong on April 12, 2009, 08:07:59 PM
Not to rain on any parades, but I almost feel as though the Armada should be controlled solely by you, TV.  They seem like a rather terrifying foe, and keeping their mighty force restricted to the oh so manipulative hands of the Game Master seems more appropriate.  Giving the players control over the enemies almost cheapens their alien nature.  They become a bit less enigmatic that way.
Mwehehehehehe.
Controlled by me, dear? A Valkyrie can be a cruel, cruel Mistress. But at the same time, I would definitely appreciate the help, and it would still be nice if I wasn't completely aware of what the enemy was doing the entire time as well!

On the other hand dready, if you do indeed want to be part of the Armada, I have no problem if you would still like to pursue it~ I modeled them after, say, the Angels from EVA or the Flood from the Halo series: They are free to cause so much chaos because they can assimilate to almost any shape quite easily.

So.. what do you guys think?

dready

i'm game for it no matter which side i'm on, the interactions throughout this setting seems to intruige my imagination enough for a few ideas to spring up. ^^ though are they mindless and just controlled by one being or are there multiple 'hive minds' to think of?

TinyValkyrie

In that case.. would it be alright if you were on the Knight side to start out? I would like to find more pilots/frames before filling any other positions!

For now.. I wanted the secret of The Armada to stay with me for the time being..

dready

*bows gracefully before giving a small two finger salute with his left hand* i shall do so. ^^

TinyValkyrie

Hee hee~ thank you very much!
So, what will it be?
Hopefully not longcat.. (though your sig is priceless!)

dready

as mentioned before, i would prefer to have model # 05. i have a lack in imaginative ambition for the other open mechs, though i shall allow myself to play as the model 04 or 03 even if against my normal tactics.

TinyValkyrie

Quote from: dready on April 12, 2009, 09:09:47 PM
as mentioned before, i would prefer to have model # 05. i have a lack in imaginative ambition for the other open mechs, though i shall allow myself to play as the model 04 or 03 even if against my normal tactics.

Tadaa~ it is done, dear <3