News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Need Game Suggestion..

Started by MaiMizzu, February 07, 2013, 07:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

So in the passed 6 months or so I've been more and more drawn back to my Xbox 360. I didn't play it for a long time because i just couldn't find any games that kept my interest. Until recently. The most recent games I've been playing is Batman Arkham Asylum, Dishonored and Far Cry 3. All of which I beat and fairly quickly. I mean they were just so much fun, I couldn't put them down. I'm more of a single player story kind of gamer girl. I also really like first person shooters (Halo4 and ODST come to mind), and I do love stealth games.
So with all that in mind... my newly aquired love for open world/sandbox games, the fact I love the single player modes and a great story... what game should I give a go to next? Skyrim? Assassin's Creed 3? Any thoughts?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Machete

Halo 4, Perfect Dark (PD), PD Zero, and any Dynasty or Samurai Warriors (DW and SW) games come to mind. However, the DW and SW games require a liking for Chinese (DW) or Japanese (SW) history, respectively.

MaiMizzu

I actually have both the perfect dark games heh
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Callie Del Noire

It is.. with some good DLC and I like Assassin's Creed also.

I need to get teh dragonborn DLC and try it out again.

Rex Pacis

Now suggesting Skyrim is just not fair cause Skyrim is awesome...and will consume your life...do not wander in recklessly. Words of wisdom from a level 81...and I've barely touched the main questline.  xD

Besides that if you played Asylum only, Arkham City is that sandbox on a grander level and should take up some time. Stealth games...hmm tough one...Deus Ex I enjoyed though you can choose to be a BAMF or stealth.  Shooters I don't play much of but if you have friends Gears of War can be fun not FPS though. Single player same as Gears plus RPG...Mass Effect. Straight FPS...I'd say F.E.A.R. or Crysis though you can only play Crysis 2...besides the obvious Halos, Battlefields, and COD. Oooo or Bioshock....my first 360 game and I was not disappointed one bit.

Here are some personal preferences I think you might enjoy....Portal, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV.  Portal if you like puzzles and a unique atmosphere and some great stories in those two Rockstar games if you don't mind the traditional sandbox.

Best of all most of the games I named are pretty old so you might even be able to get them cheap if you haven't played them. This one is just me.....SUPER MEAT BOY! Not for the faint of heart though haha. Hope it helps.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Koren

Rex has some great suggestions there

Bioshock and its sequal would be my first suggestion if you havent already played it. And if so you could wait for Bioshock Inifite to come out in a month or so.

You mentioned Stealth and story so the Metal Gear Solid HD collection could also be a choice, im pretty sure that is indeed on Xbox as well (I have a playstation myself)

Assassins Creed of course is great with story in the earlier games, and with the open world settings that you also seem to quite enjoy

The 2008 game Prince of Persia also springs to mind as well, open world, great story, although not anything close to a shooter.

Hope thats somewhat helpful

MaiMizzu

Well I went and bought Skyrim! oi i'm gonn have even less than a no life for the next 4 years!

As for your other suggestions... well first thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!
Bioshock I have, it's a phenomenal game! Really incredible experience. Bioshock 2... I just couldn't get into it as much. I have the new one on pre-order (damn you delays!)
Metal Gear is awesome games.
I rented the new Assassin's Creed.. I just couldn't get into it. I dunno why.
Prince of Persia.. I should try that.
I have Arkham City, beat it too. Loved that game. The new Deus Ex I played for a bit, it's alot of fun. Looks incredible too. Gears Of War.. I have the third one, and I got to the last boss kinda easy. And then.. well I can't beat it, so I gave up lol. Mass Effect is fun, but really complicated for me. Crysis 2 I have also.
Portal I beat, it's such an amazing game. The dark humor ("I ensure you I will stop lying to you in... 3....2.....1--"). Red Dead Redemption is a pretty amazing game, I have it too. Haven't beat it yet. I get distracted with the zombie nightmare thing... and playing on my second save as a baddie who just rides around shooting people! Which is why GTA is probably right up my alley lol. I didn't wanna get the fourth one, since the fifth one is coming out. I may buy it.
And Super Meat Boy... waaaaaay to hard lol.

So thank you all so much for the suggestions! I'll probably ask again once I beat Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite! Like... in 5 years!

Rex Pacis

-still trying to figure the math of having less then no life-
Doesn't that make you dead? If your life is in the negatives? ZOMBIE!

Final boss in Gears 3...I don't remember being particularly hard...get cover when it is close and to avoid the locust then hammer of dawn that itch when it shows its ugly face...I seem to remember running around the screen just avoiding fire and hammer of dawning where I could...on hardcore too. Never got to that insanity run. Oh well.

Final suggestion since you've played most of mine...leave the plastic on Skyrim till you beat Red Dead cause the story is that good. -cheesy Russian accent- And show Niko Bellic some love...my favorite GTA protagonist.

Also since it goes without saying Metal Gear is indeed awesome....wait I said it...damn.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Skynet

For stealth games, I particularly enjoyed the Splinter Cell series, although it's sort of an acquired taste and less action-y than Metal Gear Solid.

Another stealth game franchise I REALLY like is the Hitman series.  The latest one, Absolution, I liked, but I absolutely loved Blood Money.  BM's a very open-ended, re-playable game.  It puts a heavy emphasis on disguises, blending into the environment/crowds, and finding unorthodox ways to kill your targets (make the death look like an accident, set up booby-traps or poison food, etc).  You could play it as a run and gun game, but it really shines when you play it as a stealth game.

Rex Pacis

Oh man good one. Totally forgot  another personal favorite. Hitman is great...unforgiving at times but great...all about that Silent Assassin.

Though I think Skyrim just claimed another one, Sky. Let us mourn for Mai's social life. xD

Remiso

I'm currently playing through Nier on my PS3... not sure if it's available for the 360 but if it is I'd highly recommend it.  :-)

Boxy

I think I may have to go through my entire list of games. :P  That's what I tend to do anyway, as there's not really any way to know what you've already played yourself.  Of course, not all are equal, so I've used ! to mark points of interest, and * to mark my absolute favorites.

NES:
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Bros.
SMB 2
SMB 3
Legend of Zelda *
Zelda 2: Adventure of Link !
Kirby's Adventure *
Metroid

SNES:
Super Mario World *
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars !
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Doney Kong Country
DKC 2
DKC 3
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Chrono Trigger *
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 3 *
Beavis & Butthead !
Street Fighter 2
Killer Instinct
Uniracers
Super Metroid *
Earthbound !

Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles

N64:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time !
Zelda: Majora's Mask *
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Paper Mario
Goldeneye 007 *
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Hey you, Pikachu
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards *
Banjo-Kazooie !
Banjo-Tooie *
Donkey Kong 64 *
StarFox 64

Playstation:
Metal Gear Solid *
Spyro the Dragon !

Gameboy Color:
Pokemon Yellow !
Pokemon Gold *
Pokemon Pinball
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX !
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons *

Gameboy Advance:
Pokemon Sapphire
Megaman Battle Network 2 !
Zelda: The Minish Cap *
Mother 3 *

Gamecube:
Super Mario Sunshine !
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door *
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Zelda: The Wind Waker *
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Zelda: Twilight Princess
StarFox Adventures !
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes !
Killer7 *
Sonic Addventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Heroes
Shadpw the Hedgehog
True Crime: Streets of LA !
Metroid Prime *
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes *

PS2:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas *
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty !
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater *
Shadow of the Colossus *

Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy *
Super Paper Mario
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Link's Crossbow Training
Zelda: Skyward Sword *
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption *
Metroid Prime Trilogy *
Metroid: Other M
Donkey Kong Country Returns !
No More Heroes *
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle *
Okami *
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition !
Sonic and the Secret Rings *

DS:
Pokemon Soul Silver *
Mario Kart DS
Trace Memory !
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 !

Xbox:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2 !

Xbox 360:
Halo Wars
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach !
Halo 4
Supreme Commander 2
Borderlands !
Fallout 3 *
Fallout: New Vegas *
Oblivion
Skyrim !
Lost Odyssey *
Shadow Complex !
Shadows of the Damned !
Lollipop Chainsaw !
Saints Row 2 *
Saints Row: The Third !
Metal Gear Solid HD collection *
EarthDefenseForce 2017 !
Plants vs. Zombies !
Gears of War 2
Jet Set Radio *
Nier *
rand Theft Auto IV !
Red Dead Redemption *
The Orange Box *
Portal 2 *
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts !

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.