Captian Oraphi says; Thar be lurkers in these here waters!

Started by oraphi, November 06, 2010, 11:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oraphi

How long did you lurk before you decided to try the approval possess?  What finally tipped the scales and made you take the next step?  Now that your directly involved is the site what you thought it was going to be like?  Better? Worse? Most importantly, can I have a cookie?

OMG! your lurking right now aren't you!?  :o

Well stop it, and leave a reply yeeesh. ._.

Pedestal, pedestal falls away.
Wake once, another day.
Sweat dreams ~

O&O
Behind the keyboard with Oraphi; an introduction

Star Safyre

*feels called out*   ::)

Actually, I didn't have a chance to lurk at all!  After my husband (Silverfyre) told me about the site, I signed up immediately.  I think that was half the reason I was so eager to be approved!  I didn't bother poking around timidly; I wanted to dive right in!

As for the cookie:

My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Aelynn

I've been lurking for a couple of months, and only decided to join this week.

Why lurk so long? I like getting the feel for a place before joining up. After a lot of consideration, I decided this is the kind of place I'd like to be, so I've thrown myself at the approvals process. Hopefully, it won't take too long now!

oraphi

It's pretty neat that you can look around a lot of the site before applying really, it's always good to know what your getting into.  Having a snazzy hubby to tip you off about it is pretty great too, plus it's be pretty hot to act out some of the scenes here for real ^_^

Wait that would be sexually role playing a role play based on a sexual encounter  . . . Ack @.o
I'm just going to eat my cookie and not worry about the details. *munch* *munch*
Wake once, another day.
Sweat dreams ~

O&O

Aelynn

Ouch.... that hurt my brain. It's too early on a Sunday to be contemplating that sort of thing! ;)

Endorphin

I hit this site a long time ago and dismissed the idea of joining for about a year or so. Later, I decided to join to find more mature people with similar interests.

I think the content of this site is more 'adult' than I expected, which I suppose is quite a pleasant surprise.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Star Safyre

Quote from: oraphi on November 07, 2010, 03:03:25 AM
Having a snazzy hubby to tip you off about it is pretty great too, plus it's be pretty hot to act out some of the scenes here for real ^_^

Wait that would be sexually role playing a role play based on a sexual encounter  . . . Ack @.o
I'm just going to eat my cookie and not worry about the details. *munch* *munch*

We call it LAERP: Live Action Erotic Role Play.  Yes, it needed its own word.   :P  We figured there needed to be a differentiation between just one-night, generic bedroom role-playing and acting out erotic scenes with long-term characters.

So, back on topic!  Hi, lurkers!  Join already!

MasterMischief

I did not lurk, I joined immediately.  I was frustrated on another site and searched Google for some alternatives.  This place was so friendly.

I do not think I had many expectations.  Erotic writing, which, was pretty obvious.

Ah!  Yes!  One wonderful surprise is that I have had females approach me.  That had never happened elsewhere.  At least not actual females.  I had guys pretending to be females approach me all the time.  Honestly, I do not mind guys pretending to be females, just own up to it.

Oniya

Quote from: Star Sapphire on November 07, 2010, 07:55:11 AM
We call it LAERP: Live Action Erotic Role Play.  Yes, it needed its own word.   :P  We figured there needed to be a differentiation between just one-night, generic bedroom role-playing and acting out erotic scenes with long-term characters.

That got an eyebrow-raise out of Mr. Oniya.  *high-fives*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Brandon

I signed up the same night someone mentioned Elliquiy to me as our original adult roleplaying area was basicly shutting down. I moved my game here probably within a day after being approved, although it has passed on to wherever roleplays go when they die
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Star Safyre

MasterMischief

Thanks.   :-(  Now there is a sweaty palm print on the middle of my screen.

Star Safyre

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 09, 2010, 06:30:38 PM
Thanks.   :-(  Now there is a sweaty palm print on the middle of my screen.

Just one of the many bonuses of being approved on Elliquiy!  Sign up today, folks!

AtlasEros

Quote from: oraphi on November 06, 2010, 11:51:42 AM
How long did you lurk before you decided to try the approval possess?  What finally tipped the scales and made you take the next step?  Now that your directly involved is the site what you thought it was going to be like?  Better? Worse? Most importantly, can I have a cookie?
OMG! your lurking right now aren't you!?  :o

Well stop it, and leave a reply yeeesh. ._.
I found the site & signend up for an account/approval right away, didn't even read a post first.

Yes, of course I'll give you a cookie, it's oatmeal raise, hope you like it :)
O/O

oraphi

Yay! Oatmeal raisen!!  Erm that is, it's great that you decided to start the approval prossess so fast!  I did pretty much the same thing, looking before you leap has it's merits but so does diving in head first.  ;D
Wake once, another day.
Sweat dreams ~

O&O

Jag

Quote from: MasterMischief on November 07, 2010, 05:33:28 PM
I did not lurk, I joined immediately.  I was frustrated on another site and searched Google for some alternatives.  This place was so friendly.

I do not think I had many expectations.  Erotic writing, which, was pretty obvious.

Same here. I was annoyed with other sites and found this one. Plus, I was on maternity leave from work and REALLY bored.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment