Stranded ( Character Sheet Thread/Sign up.)

Started by Awesomesauce, September 10, 2012, 12:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellaVita

Anon315

Character Sheet
Name: Jeffrey Edwards

Gender and Orientation: Male, Heterosexual

Native or Survivor : Survivor

Noteworthy Skills (Keep em' realistic.): Guitar Playing, Food Preparation, Minor Contortion and Sleight of Hand.

Physical description: Just under six feet, Jeffrey is a lean man in fair physical condition. He has the sort of casual look that borders between a slacker and an active slob, but it's intentional. He puts a lot of time into looking as though he doesn't care about his appearance when he actually does quite a bit. His fingers are callused from years of playing the guitar, and there are various burn scars up his arm from years spent on the flat-top grill.

Personality: Jeffrey is a slacker at heart, doing everything he can to succeed without exerting any actual effort outside of his guitar. He's a bit clueless about the world at large, having only moved a short distance from his family when actually moving out on his own. He's a social butterfly but his general naivete leads him to be taken advantage of fairly often. He's also a sucker for a pretty face, which doesn't help him any. A staunch friend and dedicated team member, it is rare to find him alone.

Brief History: Coasting through life, working days at a Waffle House in the Tidewater region of Virginia and spending his night trying to make it as a guitar player and backup vocalist in a rock / cover band, Jeffrey is  trying his hardest to avoid growing up. After a rather sub-par showing at a Community College, he relegated himself to either toiling away as a cook and working his way up to manager, or making it huge as a rock star. When he got the call to be one of the entertainers on a cruise ship, paid decently and not required to do all that much, he leapt at the chance to leave his world behind and make double his current wage while enjoying world class food and travelling to exotic destinations.

Noteworthy items you manage to carry with you onto the Island : Guitar (in its case), Blankets from bed (wrapped around a few changes of clothing), Toiletries (including straight razor and sharpening tool)

DS2K

Name MATCHITEHEW: Native American Algonquin name meaning "he has an evil heart."

Gender and Orientation: Male, Heterosexual

Native or Survivor: Native

Noteworthy skills: Strength, leaning blades, hunting spears, an average fisherman, very good at binding knots, sneaking, hiding

Physical Description : While strong he isn't overly muscly, he can hold his own against any of of his own age.
He stands nearly 6 ft, and has yet earn any tribal markings or primitive tattoos.  He has short black hair and dark almost soleless eyes.

Personality: He is very shy and quiet type, he look at all the options, being taking action, which most in the village think is a sign of weakness

Brief History: Born on the island both his father and mother has passed ways when you was 17.
He had his eyes on Mae for a few years but hasn't make a move, waiting to prove himself to the chief of the village as well as to her and her brother

Noteworthy Item: unlike most the Warrior/Guard of the village, who just run in screaming, he is more likely to sneak in and take an enemy out quietly

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=26009">Profile On/Off List[/url]
---
                Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
                         Number 76:
            Every once in a while, declare peace,
          It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

BellaVita

People might need to redo their posts.. I was told it was nighttime.. Not the middle of the day.

TheHangedOne

I'm fairly confused as to what time it is, too.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Kdyami

Ok well we can redo them I assumed it was sunset when the ship was sighted. And then struggle to shore and sunrise when everybody came to.  Whatever everyone wants is fine with me
^_^
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Anon315

From the opening post, I had assumed that visibility was nil because of it being rather dark, and the reason there weren't more survivors is because most of them were asleep.

Awesomesauce

It is still night time.
After all, the ship -just- crashed.

I'll be sure to monitor for the right time to make it day time, so it goes with most people's posts.

TheHangedOne

Okay. Is their anything close by that might be of interest to Erik, that he could see from the top of the tree?
Check out my poet tree!

Awesomesauce

By the way, to the Survivor and Native that just posted.
Approved.
Also. Do you guys think I should close this, until later? Lots of people have joined already.

From the top of the tree, Erik should be able to see the wreckage more clearly of course. There's a multitude of corpses along the ship and in the shore. Keep in mind it is night time though. There's whirlpools around 1 KM away from the shore, and they're huge. Might be visible. Other natural phenomenon may occur later on across the whirlpools.
In short, keep in mind the surroundings, and keep whatever you want to see realistic. As long as it makes sense, it's fine. ( Supplies floating, kitchen ware, etc. It was a cruise ship, after all.)

By the way, why is Kristina posting survivor on her heading when she is a native? o-o

TheHangedOne

Okay, that tells me about stuff along the shore/ocean... but what about stuff on the island? Anything, even just vague impressions of the landscape?
Check out my poet tree!

DS2K

Have we started??  Did I miss the post of the url of the story itself??
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=26009">Profile On/Off List[/url]
---
                Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
                         Number 76:
            Every once in a while, declare peace,
          It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

RipTide

We did, DS2K. Unfortunately, we're both in the same boat.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Awesomesauce

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151731.0

It's at the top of the thread as well, right besides the title.
Hanged, you would of course get a vague impression of the landscape.
However, it's densely vegetated. You wouldn't be able to see that much, though it's better than nothing.

RipTide

Maybe we should establish a rotation for posting? I mean at this point it might be possible for us to catch up, but that way the plot won't run away before everyone has a chance to respond to an event.

Kdyami

that might not be a bad idea, but having more survivors wash up on shore shouldnt be a big deal at the moment.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

BellaVita

I dislike posting rotations.. I feel like people should be smart enough to wait until most of the people have posted before they post something new.

RipTide

Well, I'm just saying a rotation would be better than nothing, because the plot has already accelerated quite quickly. :(

CurvyKitten

Kristina hadn't yet run off yet, she was laying on the branch below him and looking upward. I stated she had a plan to do so in her post but she hadn't actually done it. As not all plans worked right off the bat.

BellaVita

Quote from: RipTide on September 17, 2012, 08:30:41 PM
Well, I'm just saying a rotation would be better than nothing, because the plot has already accelerated quite quickly. :(

The plot hasn't gone anywhere really.. The natives are watching the survivors interact on the beach.. That's it really.

Kdyami

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 17, 2012, 11:11:44 PM
Kristina hadn't yet run off yet, she was laying on the branch below him and looking upward. I stated she had a plan to do so in her post but she hadn't actually done it. As not all plans worked right off the bat.

oops, ok hang on i need to go edit mine too, my bad.

RipTide

QuoteThe plot hasn't gone anywhere really.. The natives are watching the survivors interact on the beach.. That's it really.

On the island that's all that's happened, but the actual boat sinking is kind of a big part of the story, I felt.

Anon315

Jeffrey is not up a tree. Erik is up a tree. Jeffrey is dang near immobilized on the beach.

CurvyKitten

Looking up he could almost hear the wheels turning in Kris’s head. He swore silently to himself, not because he was fairly certain Kris was about to make his life more difficult,

Kris blinks and looks as innocent as possible~

TheHangedOne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 17, 2012, 11:11:44 PM
Sorry, I misread your post. I'll edit mine.

Annnnd, it's edited.
Check out my poet tree!