Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook Seidhr

Wanted to wait for Blythe to post Miyo's reaction to Bran's and Norm's departures, but Blythe is in lag…will wait a day or two anyway.

Blythe

If you need to, go ahead and post. I don't want to hold anyone back--I'm still nowhere near caught up on anything on E. >_>

Kythia

Quote from: Blythe on December 19, 2013, 12:33:37 AM
If you need to, go ahead and post. I don't want to hold anyone back--I'm still nowhere near caught up on anything on E. >_>

Man, do I know that feeling

Kythia

Okies, I got something a bit higher pressure written and planned out.  Relatively proud of it, in truth.  Expect a phone call shortly.

Kythia

I drew y'all a picture of a Christmas tree.  Then I felt culturally insensitive because, yanno, atheists are people too.  So I drew you a picture of God crossed out.  I toyed for a while with claiming my five year old niece drew them.  1) Because you'd go "aaaawww" because she's a cutie and 2) because they're shit and, awesome as she is, her drawings are also - objectively - shit.  But I decided to 'fess up in the end.

Merry Christmas.

Blythe

I'm an atheist, but can I pick the tree anyway?

Kythia

You can have whatever you want, sweetheart

Rook Seidhr

Can I have some XP under my crossed-out God?

Kythia

If you're good.

Flying (!) back home tomorrow - later today technically.  Bought myself a spiffy new tablet so may be able to post while I'm up there but not sure.  At a minimum back down here on the 29th so will be able to post again before the new year.  Sorry about the Christmas slowdown on my part, but sadly unavoidable.  Now available right through to April though, which will be another busy month for me.

Remiel

No worries; this time of the year tends to be a busy time for everyone.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Kythia on December 23, 2013, 06:13:06 PM
If you're good.
Baby, I'm fantastic.

No sweat on the posting; like Remiel said, crazy time of year.

Batman4560

Hey, I know it says you are always recruiting but I was wondering how many players you have at the moment?

Blythe

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 30, 2013, 01:31:30 AM
Hey, I know it says you are always recruiting but I was wondering how many players you have at the moment?

There's me, Remiel, and Riveda. Not sure if Demigod is still around or not, but he sometimes pops back up. And Kythia running it. I think that's everyone? If I've missed someone, someone correct me!

And I should post for this game. ^^

Rook Seidhr

What do I need to do for Norm and/or Miyo to have a shot at rolling to remove Bran's failed notch on Isolation? Just talk it out with them?

Rook Seidhr

Kythia

I am.  Sorry.  Christmas, New Year, Laptop problems and overwork conspired to keep me away but now, I return.

Quote from: Riveda on December 30, 2013, 09:38:05 PM
What do I need to do for Norm and/or Miyo to have a shot at rolling to remove Bran's failed notch on Isolation? Just talk it out with them?

Essentially, yes.  And them play their part as well.

Remiel

Quote from: Kythia on January 04, 2014, 04:32:44 PM
I am.  Sorry.  Christmas, New Year, Laptop problems and overwork conspired to keep me away but now, I return.

And there was great rejoicing!

Kythia

Is anyone wanting something specific from me?

darras

Meme!

The specific being are you still looking for players? And would an unapproved member be able to play? I'm only in one other UA game but I like to think I have a handle on the Streetlevel starting place. Plus games set in the UK are SO rare - in my experience. If the answers to my questions are yes and yes I'll take a gander at the IC thread and get considering!

Kythia

They are indeed yes and yes.

I need to do some work on new players, actually.  But for the time being, nothing has changed.  The game's been running a little slowly over Christmas which is almost exclusively my fauly, but hopefully should pick up a little now.

I take it you're familiar with the rules?

darras

Familiar-ish! I have the book at least, so I'm sure I can bash my way through character creation.

What I am NOT familiar with, however, is this site. I have no idea how to create/input a sheet here :) Is there a help page for that? Or a template?

Kythia

There's no "char sheet" app/function per se.  Just type that bad boy out and put it here.

Be aware you'll get a 35% (probably)mind skill related to your background for free - Norm and Miyo have "Accountant" for example.  So I'm not saying don't spend skill points there, I'm just saying be aware of it

darras

How unacceptable would it be to be related to the "& son" of Honer? I ask because I'm kind of attached to an idea, but it can look like a bit of a 'spotlight - ME!' attempt if Horner and son are integral to your plot as people.

darras

Ugh sorry.. no edit button so second post here we go. Is the morning we were supposed to be there at 9am going to be the 8th of August? Or will it be a different stimuli for my character given I'm coming into the game after it started?

Kythia

OK, question the first:  It is acceptable, but I will need to info dump some information on you and will want to be a bit more wary around it.  What's the concept.

Two:  The eight, yeah.  I have an in written for later arrivals - basically a necessity for an "always recruiting"

Implied question 3:  Unapproved members don't have edit function I'm afraid.  Best of luck with the approval process and I guess that's one more thing to look forwards to.