News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Challenge For English Speakers:)

Started by adventurer, November 09, 2008, 01:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

My god the three of you sound almost exactly alike!!

Tawni Black

I had to look some of those words up to pronounce them, as I had never encountered them before.

Josietta

Quote from: Greenthorn on November 17, 2008, 07:48:36 AM

They were probably tons more eloquent than I was. hehe.. i didn't bother editting or redoing it when i screwed up.. i just kept going .. *snickersnort* .. i hate to hear what it sounds like. I didn't bother, cuz i dont like hearing myself.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Kurzyk

Nice job everyone! This is something I'm definetly doing as soon as I get motivated and figure out how to record it. hehe

Kalen

Quote from: Josietta on November 17, 2008, 10:17:02 AM
They were probably tons more eloquent than I was. hehe.. i didn't bother editting or redoing it when i screwed up.. i just kept going .. *snickersnort* .. i hate to hear what it sounds like. I didn't bother, cuz i dont like hearing myself.

I like hearing you enough for the two of us, so it all works out.

Greenthorn

Josie..your mic did cut out a few times though...and seriously...the 3 of you sound really alike!

Kalen

Caeli

Quote from: Josietta on November 17, 2008, 10:17:02 AM

Seriously... you have such a beautiful voice! *sighs* And it comes with the pretty face, too... *melts into a puddle*

Though, your mic going in and out hurt my ears. *chuckles* But editing! Man, that's doing too much effort for a poem. ^3^

Quote from: Greenthorn on November 17, 2008, 07:48:36 AM

Surely not... Both Ket's and Josi's voices are lower and huskier. They have voices suited for singing!
I'm the one who sounds like a kid!

Quote from: Kalen on November 17, 2008, 05:48:04 PM
One shot.  A few mistakes.

http://www5.speedyshare.com/data/879187218/13694372/92542077/Pronunciation.wav

Ooh... *plays it a few more times* I like your voice, too...
Definitely melt-worthy. *grins*
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Josietta

Quote from: Caeli on November 17, 2008, 07:02:24 PM
Seriously... you have such a pretty voice! *sighs*

Though, your mic going in and out hurt my ears. *chuckles* But editing! Man, that's doing too much effort for a poem. ^3^

Awww im sorry.. i do need to get a new mic.. this one is crap.. and thank you for the compliment *hugs* I could hear a slight accent in yours.. was very sweet! >.<

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Caeli

Quote from: Josietta on November 17, 2008, 07:09:35 PM
Awww im sorry.. i do need to get a new mic.. this one is crap.. and thank you for the compliment *hugs* I could hear a slight accent in yours.. was very sweet! >.<

Agh, well, bad mic and all...  you have such a beautiful voice. xP And you can sing! AND you're so pretty *_* You put stars in my eyes, Josi... literally! Stop being so wonderful, or I'll start having a crush on you >.>;;;;

Accent? Oh nohz! I've never thought that I had an accent... I've lived in the States all my life! *laughs* What kind of accent was it? Maybe it's just a case of East Coast vs. West Coast, or Midwest vs. West Coast...?

Or maybe I just live with a bunch of other people who speak the same way I do, so I don't think I have an accent? xDD
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

MusicNeverDies

I decided to jump on the bangwagon. :P

My mic is odd, and brings my voice down in pitch from like 0:09-0:25. But other then that, a few mess ups purely on my part, as I kept forgetting that people need to breathe...

http://www.speedyshare.com/684637585.html

Kalen

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on November 18, 2008, 08:40:19 PM
I decided to jump on the bangwagon. :P

...  just DIES.

MusicNeverDies

Paradox

Good lord, it did go husky at 0:09! You did a good job though.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Kurzyk

Kalen

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Paradox on November 18, 2008, 08:47:59 PM
Good lord, it did go husky at 0:09! You did a good job though.
Heh, that one wasn't bad, I was doing another recording and you know those distorted phone voices from movies? It was that. 100%. Then it shifted to a 25 year old man's voice. That was just WEIRD.

Quote from: Kalen on November 18, 2008, 08:48:52 PM
Demonic possession!
*head spins around and vomits on Kalen* ;)

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 18, 2008, 08:48:13 PM
*laughs*

Nicely done!
Thank ya. :)

Greenthorn

Okay...well I'm so not doing this now!!  What the hell?!?  Am I the only one without the really girly, sweet voice?

*cries and goes into mute mode*

:D ::)

Ket

Quote from: Greenthorn on November 18, 2008, 09:14:20 PM
Am I the only one without the really girly, sweet voice?

-grins-  You should hear me when I'm out partying...drunk or not.  That girly sweet voice totally disappears.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Greenthorn on November 18, 2008, 09:14:20 PM
Am I the only one without the really girly, sweet voice?
*notes that Kalen was the second last person to post their attempt on here....* *snicker*

Paradox

I've heard Ket in her more normal voice; to be honest, I would never have known that the woman in the recording was her if she hadn't said so! It's a nice voice though, as is yours, GT. Sweet, girly, and meek aren't always a good thing  :P

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Dawg

Finished the Budget Proposal for 2009 and got my Roster reconciled and submitted for this weekend, no time for NaNo so I thought I would jump on the Bangwagon here

Here goes:
http://www.speedyshare.com/348228581.html
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Dawg

OK, so after posting my own, I finally got to listen to the others

MND your voice id gorgeous up until the puberty thing hit, but you did a great job.

Kalen, excellent job, did you ever work in radio, you have the voice for it, great annunciation.

Caeli, OMG, I never thought to look them up, just went through it, great job and beautiful voice.

Josietta, you know how I feel about your voice - more songs - please

Ket, great job and way to jump out in front, all those choir practices paid off, your voice is beautiful too.

And lastly, Thanks Adventurer, that was a lot of fun.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kalen

For anyone struggling with Windows XP, which has a recording time of 60 seconds...

Open Sound Recorder

Record NOTHING for sixty seconds.  That's right, nothing at all.  Save that as Blank.wav.

Next, stay in Sound Recorder, and hit Edit --> Insert file.

Browse to where you saved Blank.wav, and hit open to insert it.

Each time you do an iteration of Edit --> Insert, you get yourself another minute.

I myself took almost exactly 5 minutes to say this little monologue, and I'm a fast speaker.  I'd suggest at LEAST six.

Dawg

Quote from: Kalen on November 19, 2008, 12:25:08 PM
Each time you do an iteration of Edit --> Insert, you get yourself another minute.
I myself took almost exactly 5 minutes to say this little monologue, and I'm a fast speaker.  I'd suggest at LEAST six.

Mine took 00:07:01 Minutes, but I read out loud slower than you, I would suggest to anyone trying this method listening to at least a portion of Kalen's and Mine and comparing speed we speak and compare that to your own, then make the judgment.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]