Recruiting: high scale Pathfinder, Taldor, aka Byzantium focused

Started by Kolbrandr, June 02, 2013, 03:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

We should probably get Phaia's post into the wiki, just so it is easier to find later.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Phaia

i would love comments and ideas posted here if possible just so i can keep better track

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177798.0

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: kckolbe on June 23, 2013, 03:23:36 PM
We should probably get Phaia's post into the wiki, just so it is easier to find later.

i have not finished it yet nor has Kolbrandt fully approved it

it was easier to have it there then in various pms and pages of the thread

Phaia

Kolbrandr

As a general question, I have some more organizational write-ups I'm intending to put up in a bit, but are they coming off as overwhelming? Would you guys prefer some of them just kept to the really short blurbs they have? I'm going to have the Sclerina fully fleshed out as a pc is connected to them regardless, but I can otherwise leave off on some of these and just detail people in game as they become relevant if it's becoming a thing.

Phaia

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 23, 2013, 03:36:23 PM
As a general question, I have some more organizational write-ups I'm intending to put up in a bit, but are they coming off as overwhelming? Would you guys prefer some of them just kept to the really short blurbs they have? I'm going to have the Sclerina fully fleshed out as a pc is connected to them regardless, but I can otherwise leave off on some of these and just detail people in game as they become relevant if it's becoming a thing.

personally I always love burbs of history and write ups that go into some detail as it gives me ideas for roleplay and ideas into how the GM sees the world but then that is me

Phaia

kckolbe

I wouldn't mind cutting out some of the history, though I like learning about the other Houses current people, views and situations, as it occasionally leads to plot ideas.  I can't wait to see more about Merosett, Zonaras, and Vlastos for the Royal families (thinking of tying my antagonist to one of them) and Armatus for the senatorial.

EDIT:  By the way, does anyone know what happened to some of our folks that showed interest a while ago?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Ebb

I like the history stuff, as long as it's clear to new people coming in that they don't have to read and absorb everything in order to take a seat at the table. I'm wary of real or perceived barriers to entry.

Kolbrandr

I tend more to point people to things they might find useful to them really. Otherwise the main thing to read is the first post on the thread and chargen in the wiki.

Unrelated note as it just came up: If you want to take an existing trait and rename it something else, that's fine, as long as it's not one of the ones that has a specific race or religion prereq.

Meliai

I love all the world-building stuff, because (like KC mentioned) it can spawn ideas and there's just a lot of interesting reads.

I'd definitely like to see more. If you're worrying about intimidating potential players, maybe post them directly to the wiki and just link them from here?
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Kolbrandr

EDIT:  By the way, does anyone know what happened to some of our folks that showed interest a while ago?

I've been talking with several of them over pm and the like in the last while as far as it goes, there are people still working on stuff and all.

RubySlippers

I've been done a bit I'm just waiting for the rest of you.  ;D

Meliai

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 23, 2013, 10:23:34 PM
I've been talking with several of them over pm and the like in the last while as far as it goes, there are people still working on stuff and all.

That's good to know! Do we still have a thieves' guild in the works? Aelia's got a number of underworld type connections and I'd like to chat about that before I get her background too solidified

By the way, since it seems relevant to a few PCs in particular and the plot at large, what was publicly known about Eutropia's politics? Her cannon write-up was pretty vague.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Kolbrandr

Eutropia I am going with was herself pretty good at keeping some full glimpse into the heart of her to herself, given the atmosphere she's grown up in. On the face of it though, she certainly seemed much interested in the reform of Taldor's political system, particular as regards inheritance laws and the place of women in said political system. Others tended to project onto her that this meant she was a more across the board reformer as well as far as Taldor's other issues like corruption and what have you (not to the point of some Andoran style democracy or anything, but, you know, the more usual efficiency and effectiveness in the senate, reducing corruption, funding for the army, chasing out bandits, repairing infrastructure, so forth). She certainly when it was useful and in likely company seemed to affect the stance of a reformer, couching in in terms like "restoring Taldor's legacy" and things like that. On the other hand, with that being one of the only spaces to claim a support and influence network in for herself, it's possible she believed nothing beyond such changes as were needed to put her on the throne when the day came and was using people by their own foolish naivete. There are debates either way. If very quiet ones, because the coup is an extremely taboo topic, which makes Eutropia herself one.

Phaia

after seeing how nice it is to have direct input  about my order/house without at times wading through the messages here in the thread I have to recommend others use this area to build thier houses/concepts
makes it real easy to keep things together and allow the GM and others to input ideas and changes directly into that thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177798.0

Phaia

Phaia

okay after some discussing with a very knowledge friend/Gm and some thinking ...i have come to realize the Royal Order of Companions as a order of royal whores is not a really good or workable idea

that being said a Royal order of that name can easiliy be done along these lines

So making the Royal order of companions the official ladies in waiting for the royal females makes decent sense. That would allow various houses and senators to insert a daughter into the order and have greater access to the court. Being a member of the order would mean the lady would get some compensation and can be married, non married, young or old [and could bring at times some defense to the royal females]

making the order this way removes many of the problems such as the appearance of influence over the grand prince.... or the label "royal whores"...keeping the order small with letting the ladies within the order have various titles makes sense. The term lady-in-waiting describes a woman who attends a female member of the Royal Family other than the queen regnant or queen consort. An attendant upon one of the latter is a lady of the bedchamber or woman of the bedchamber, and the senior lady-in-waiting is the mistress of the robes. The women of the bedchamber are in regular attendance, but the mistress of the robes and the ladies of the bedchamber are normally only required for ceremonial occasions.

Heck at least one political crisis arose when a queen refused to change the make up of her ladies [since they had all come form a certain group appearance gave that at least gave that group a better place within the royal patronage.

So allowing the order to be open to any of the noble houses and having lots of jockeying for placement within can be a very good and interesting roleplay... of course with the current situtation with no real royal female [nothing has been said if Stavain III still has a wife] they could also be more intimate companions for various nobles and senators and even at times the grand prince but it would no longer be openly implied as such.

How does this concept work it would be much easier to write up and have as a very good working model and I have no problem making changes with my character to fit... and have already begun thinking along the lines needed....

I think overall this concept for the order may be better for everyone.
Phaia

Kolbrandr

It feels like you would basically be reworking the whole thing from the ground up, which is fine, just checking that that's what you want to do.

Meliai

I made a thing, and stuck it in the relevant wiki page all fancy like!

Plan on doing this of all the noble houses & organizations whit applicable banners/sigils/etc, though I'll probably wait until the game's actually underway to do PC ones, since there's inevitably going to be at least a few people who vanish without a word
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Alliance

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 23, 2013, 03:18:35 PM
Alright, that's certainly fine to ground a concept around, would want some detail on if there was some particular thing that got your family raised up to the royal caste, I'd want some general notes on your family and its current state and members (there's a bunch of sample house write-ups throughout the thread and on the wiki). Do you actually have any ties with Andoran to the point of intriguing on their behalf as far as the efforts they make to effect societal change through Golarion?

Sweet.

And actually the son does associate with the Andoran. He has a few ties who know his identity, but usually practices in secret under a "pen name" of sorts.

Phaia

found out that tonight we will be loosing internet for a  week mayboe more...upgardes and broken cables need to be fixed or so they say

:o :'( :'( :'( will try and use my phone to keep in touch

Phaia

Phaia

Quote from: Kolbrandr on June 24, 2013, 04:18:07 PM
It feels like you would basically be reworking the whole thing from the ground up, which is fine, just checking that that's what you want to do.

probally will rework it i have an idea for a character i will drop ya pm on...will only have phone to use at home for a week or so --provider is upgrading area and repairing damaged fiber

Phaia

kckolbe

Nice work, Meliai.  I like it.  Sorry I've been quiet, had a laptop die on me, still need to get a new one.

Intro Thread

Kolbrandr

Don't sweat it, as you can see, you're not the only fellow with technical difficulties. Beyond that don't feel like you have to constantly post or anything until the game gets going, some people are still working on their stuff besides.

RubySlippers

I'm done save for her the noble house she is in so I can finalize her description there, when done.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Once the campaign starts how frequently is everyone going to be able to post?

I should usually be able to post at least every other day.