Re: Shadowrun Interest check. (No longer accepting chars.)

Started by Gary Stargazer, March 19, 2012, 04:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
Activesofts are 10,000XRating. If you downgraded your doc wagon contract from gold to bronze, you could get one at 2 ranks. 

Or just save up.  :)

Well then... guess I'll save up and hope that we get some good jobs that don't get hosed. lol

I can just imagine the eyes popping as the pile grows... Elan... Predator... Engram... Katana... Knives...brass knuckles... (Can you get brass knuckles?)... grenades... (Need to check on stun grenades)... white lab rat... mini nuke... lol

I suppose that he could always say, "Corrected astigmatism..." for the eyes. Or... Just blow the guard away and run for it... or get our ever present Hacker (Nicknamed God( to fiddle with the thing.

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ignis

I was thinking something like what Neo does. Gun down the guards, toss the guns over the top of the scanners, then proceed to shoot everything in sight.

Marie Reynolds

Well I think if no one minds of putting together a technomancer diva who is a matrix celebrity

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 22, 2012, 05:30:20 PM
Well I think if no one minds of putting together a technomancer diva who is a matrix celebrity

I like technomancers.. but all the really FUN toys are the ones that you get for their version of initiation (their version of skillwires, taser touch, ect)

ShadowFox89

You still recruiting for this Gary?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blinkin

Well... as I can't think of anything else that Billy "needs" I guess he'll aquire a certified cred stick for about 4K neyen. lol

Hey, that might even pay for a room in a nice hotel for the night with a sexy runner who might like massages. lol

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ShadowFox89

Work in progress...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Metatype: Elf; Gender: Female

Body: 4
Agility: 6
Reaction: 4
Strength: 4

Charisma: 4
Intuition: 3
Willpower: 3
Logic: 3

Edge: 2

Magic: 3 (Improved Reflexes II)

Skill Groups:
Athletics: 2
Firearms: 2
Mechanic: 1
Stealth: 2

Skills:
Blades: 5
Dodge: 5
Unarmed Combat: 2

Knowledge Skills:

Language Skills:

Qualities: Mild Addiction (alcohol), Astral Beacon, Ambidextrous

Points Spent:
Stats- 200
Race- 30
Edge- 10
Magic: 20
Skills- 132
Resources: 8
Total- 400/400
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

How many people do we have now?  Would a sedan be able to fit everyone?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blinkin

Quote from: AndyZ on March 22, 2012, 10:04:23 PM
How many people do we have now?  Would a sedan be able to fit everyone?

I think we have at least 5, maybe as many as 7 depending on the question about if there is still an opening that I saw a couple of post back.

I think that we have:
1 Street sam (2?)
1 Adept (Socialite)
1 Decker
1 Rigger
1 Adept (Magic?)
1 Mercenary (?)

It's not looking good for the Street Sam if he has to carry the combat load... need BFGs! lol

I think a better question would be if a sedan can haul all of our gear. You may want to look at a van or something a little larger if you have drones to haul about. You could really go in style and get something that flies. lol

If only a Banshee wouldn't look so out of place on the streets of Seattle... Could we make it look llike something else maybe... like an office building on wheels or something? lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Andy Z: Rigger
Blinkin, Ignis, and Shadowfox:  Combat Specs
Callie:  Social Adept
Marie:  Technomancer
Myself:  Magician
Ruby Slippers:  Decker

And someone had spoken about a cat burglar type.  (Very useful, by the way.) 

So yeah, we're going to need a van. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Would a bus be stupid?  There's a lot I could do with a bus
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RubySlippers

I'm not sure I'm thinking of dropping the Decker, I keep hitting road blocks in my character I'm just not getting how to do the tech stuff. And there is no way to get by on a normal [insert race] that really is mundane no tech implants or mods and no magic as in a normal human. Its just so much to take in. And you need someone that can make the Decker thing work and I'm not likely it.

I love the system and all it just its seems to me your either a freaky teched or magic upped sort and tossing most of that out I can do a character. But then I either have to forget combat pretty much which is fine by me less to worry about but then it makes me kind of limited in options even the gunfighter in a little black dress needs ample implants or something more to work with.

Sorry to be a pain but I'm just not sure what kind of character to do the Decker thing is too rule intensive usually I'd be the connected person who knows lots of people but doesn't get her hands dirty OR have the one big gun and armor thug type (but that means enhancements and some tech is fine they have commercial cyberpackages but I'm tired of thinking about all this) but that second one is not an option. I just wish I could find some builds that are minimalist to get ideas from.

AndyZ

Ruby, would you like to play the driver?  That should be sufficiently mundane.  Just check in Arsenal for vehicle mods

Muse

Actualy, the pre-gens in the 20th aniversery edition are supposed to be fairly good. 

May I suggest the gun fu adept right out of there? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ignis

I thought I was a cat burgular type. Just a very militant one...

I have a motorcycle, you guys can ride in whatever. :P

Muse

Ah.  Let me look again.  :) 

Ignis

Just look around the gun section. Thats where I went a bit wild and got a few things I didnt exactly need...

Blinkin

We could paint a bus yellow and put "Seattle Public School System" on the side... perfect camoflauge! I was going to say we were going to need a winibagow with wings to get this bunch about... and you too good to ride with us instead of your crotch rocket? lol

Ruby, a Decker can always be contracted out... that is how we did it when I played so long ago because no one could figure out the decker. Have you thought about a thief/forger? It's always useful, doesn't require too much cybernetics (if any) and as far as combat, I played a shaman first time around and had no cybernetics and did fine with a pistol. The cybernetics are nice, but I don't see any reason why you can't outthink a badguy instead of trying to outmuscle him.

It might be nice to have someone who can get us in and out of places physically, create some good fake documents or even identies... Just some thoughts.

Blinkin
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

Not to mention Akiko can work on building the skills for hacking. :D

Ignis

Quote from: Blinkin on March 23, 2012, 01:21:09 PM
It might be nice to have someone who can get us in and out of places physically, create some good fake documents or even identies... Just some thoughts.

Blinkin

*waves*
That is sort of what I built my char for. Sure he could use a couple of skill points moved around but I think he can get in and out of places with his armor that blends into the surroundings.

4   Perception
2   Escape Artist
3   Forgery (+2 False ID)
2   Gymnastics
3   Infiltration
2   Locksmith
1   Climbing

Someone is just jealous I dont have to sit in the fart box. :P

Muse

Yep.  Hardware wouldn't hurt, i think... 

Ignis

Hardware... ok... time to shuffle skill points more.

ShadowFox89

Athletics 2, Stealth 2, Mechanics 1 gives me...

Climbing, Running, Gymnastics, and Swimming 2
Aeronautics, Industrial, Automotive, and Nautical mechanics 1
Disguise, Infiltration, Shadowing, and Palming 2
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RubySlippers

Okay I can work with the Matrix but am not going to be a Decker more a Fixer (connected to a crime group well and have some other contacts) that is cagey on the Matrix but not a hacker proper. Any big jobs you might be better off hiring one from her list of contacts. But she is not going to be imcapable of modest work if needed like forging SINS would be probable and she will know in principle the skills to hack.

This way I can be useful and tone down the tech to a level that is fair, on par with an average computer savey geek but not a hacker.

I will need to make changes though.