So, anyone here a fan of this?

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, October 27, 2010, 07:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian Isolabella

Okay, now, I have had the hardest time finding fans of this anime.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

And if there was EVER an anime that I would consider doing an RP based off of, it is that one, but I can never find anyone who likes that anime. >.>

Is there anyone here that is a fan of it as well?

FreedomJazzDance

I loved the first two or three seasons, but once they got into the future arc, I lost interest. I felt like it lost a lot of its charm after that point. I still watched a bit of the future arc, but it didn't hold the same magic for me that say, the Varia Unit arc did. Still, it was incredibly well done for an anime based almost strictly off the manga. And when I mean strictly, I mean STRICTLY. The joke about KHR is that it was originally only supposed to be a gag manga and the artist decided to turn it into a battle manga, though I don't really know why!

Obsidian Isolabella

Well, actually, I have never read a single page of the manga. I don't really like to read manga's just because I am not one of those girls that enjoys any kind of comic book style stories. And my husband was the one to reccomend this anime for me to watch because he said it was pretty amazing both manga and otherwise. And actually, the future arc was pretty blah at FIRST, that I agree with you on, but amazingly? They ended the anime like so well! So far it has the best ending I have seen for a cartoon show basically. But the Varia Arc has always been my favorite arc as well, to be honest.

FreedomJazzDance

I''m not really all that keen on manga in general either, but sometimes that's the only way to get the full story. Where the anime ends with the Future Arc, the manga keeps going ;>.>. But yes, I can see your point. I watched a bit  more of it yesterday and it does pick up a bit towards the middle when they finally get control of  those freaking boxes. XD!

Obsidian Isolabella

Oh I know what happens in the manga and what is happening with the current arcs, but yeah the future arc in the beginning is kind of like...blah. For the LONGEST time I stopped watching it until one day I got bored and I watched all through the episodes I missed and it was actually good again. Because I only watch Bleach as my other Anime, and that has horrible Arcs sometimes. >< Like that stupid Bount arc was crap. >< So, I think that is just an anime/show thing. And trust me, if you keep watching it..It gets AMAZING towards the end. You see new powers of the Vongola Family and you get to see Primo, like in an anime obviously and not the manga. Plus, they did a bit of a different arc right in the middle of the Future Arc that the manga doesn't have. ^^ It is pretty cool. It has more to do with the Acrobaleno.

Aiden

I just finished the anime recently on cruncyroll, I loved the series.

My favorite characters were Takahashi, Xanxus, Lambo and Gamma.

FreedomJazzDance

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on October 28, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
Oh I know what happens in the manga and what is happening with the current arcs, but yeah the future arc in the beginning is kind of like...blah. For the LONGEST time I stopped watching it until one day I got bored and I watched all through the episodes I missed and it was actually good again. Because I only watch Bleach as my other Anime, and that has horrible Arcs sometimes. >< Like that stupid Bount arc was crap. >< So, I think that is just an anime/show thing. And trust me, if you keep watching it..It gets AMAZING towards the end. You see new powers of the Vongola Family and you get to see Primo, like in an anime obviously and not the manga. Plus, they did a bit of a different arc right in the middle of the Future Arc that the manga doesn't have. ^^ It is pretty cool. It has more to do with the Acrobaleno.

Yeah ;>.> The Bleach filler arcs tend to be atrocious. Bount wasn't in the manga and neither was the New Captain arc... or one of the other ones which I can't remember. Surprisingly, Bleach is actually one where I find the manga MORE enjoyable than the anime. Things are CRAZY there right now.

Obsidian Isolabella

I think things are crazy in the friggin anime too. >< I watched the last episode and I was literally stunned! +Shakes head+ But yeah, I mean, I have heard that manga's are better than the anime's most of the time, but I just can't get into them, ya know? Some odd reason, I dunno.

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Aiden on October 28, 2010, 07:27:55 PM
I just finished the anime recently on cruncyroll, I loved the series.

My favorite characters were Takahashi, Xanxus, Lambo and Gamma.

Xanxus is pretty cool in such a badass kind of way and I love Squalo and Mukuro! Those are like my three favorites aside from Gokudera and Yamamoto. Well, more like Mukuro being my number one favorite. I just love him and his attitude. Like he is still the bad guy in it, but he has a good side, that I personally like to think that Nagi has to do with, and just hides it.

Aiden

How did I forget about Squalo! That guy was seriously awesome.

FreedomJazzDance

Man... If I had to pick a favorite character it would probably either be Yamamoto or Hibari. ;>.> They were honestly the only two I felt in the entire series who had a clue what they were doing (amongst the Vongola family members anyways), despite how clueless Yamamoto could be at times. XD

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Aiden on October 28, 2010, 07:55:32 PM
How did I forget about Squalo! That guy was seriously awesome.

I know, right! I love him so much! He is just so violent that it is pretty awesome. XD Plus, it is HILARIOUS to watch him just scream like that as a greeting or when he is excited or something. I love it when they all first go to the future and Tsuna, Yamamoto and Gokudera and everyone is in the room for planning or whatever and then all of a sudden the older version of Squalo comes on the screen screaming like that! Oh gosh! I almost split my ribs laughing so hard at that scene! XD

Quote from: FreedomJazzDance on October 28, 2010, 07:59:51 PM
Man... If I had to pick a favorite character it would probably either be Yamamoto or Hibari. ;>.> They were honestly the only two I felt in the entire series who had a clue what they were doing (amongst the Vongola family members anyways), despite how clueless Yamamoto could be at times. XD

Well, I mean, I think it is more those two and Mukuro because technically Mukuro IS part of the Vongola family by Nagi. ^^ Or maybe that is just my fangirl stupidity. >.>;;;; I never thought I would EVER say that. XD

FreedomJazzDance

No no... Mukuro is pretty wicked, but you can tell his attachment to the group is reaaaallly tenuous, like Daemon Spade's was amongst the Primo generation. I think that's probably the only reason he's not on my list. He's not really in the anime so much and Dokuro is, who I'm not particularly fond of. XD

Obsidian Isolabella

Well, how to say this nicely, I am not a fan of how Nagi is so.....weak. I am a big fan of strong beautiful females who take charge and are independent, but what I honestly love about her is how she can seem to see good in someone like Mukuro. I am just a sucker for that kind of thing. XD Kind of like how I love Beauty and The Beast, it is almost the same kind of thing, ya know? I love it when I see an innocent and beautiful girl finding good things in someone that everyone else can really only see evil in.

But I must disagree with you on that. I honestly do not think that Mukuro is like Spadae. At all. I think that while his intentions are NOWHERE near pure, he isn't like Spadae. >.< But that is my personal opinion.

FreedomJazzDance

Personality wise, no you're absolutely right. Daemon Spades and Mukuro have nothing in common. For starters, Mukuro is less of a tool than Spades is <.<;. I just meant that both served as antagonists for their respective Vongola boss XD.
That was honestly my issue with all the lead female characters in Reborn! I felt like the author just didn't cast women in a very good light to be honest ;>.>

Obsidian Isolabella

I feel I must agree on both of those, Jazz. I didn't like the way that Haru, Kyoko or Tsuna's mother were. The only females who were more kick ass were Bianchi, and OF COURSE, Lal. XD I love her! She is just so manly that it is hilarious. XD

FreedomJazzDance

XD Yeah, she is pretty manly at times. Though really, she's just super emo over... guh whathisname. I forgot. XD

Obsidian Isolabella

Okay, well, yeah, that IS true. But hey, she loved him! And +Coughs and grins+ His name is Colonello. XD

FreedomJazzDance

XD That's right! I kept wanting to call him Shisho, but that's just what Kyohei calls him (master in japanese) XD. Y'know... I've never done an rp based off an anime before. Might be fun at that!

Obsidian Isolabella

+Chuckles+ That is right, Ryohei does call him that all the damn time. XD I am too used to the word "Sensei" instead of Shiso. XD

Me neither, to be honest. I always just do things that are based off of Fantasy elements with original characters, ya know? It just seems to fit better that way for me because I am a natural born writer. I can probably bang out a character profile within literally ten minutes, maybe twenty at the most, so I am just used to making up my own characters. But if there was EVER one I would do with an Anime, it would be based off of this one.

Well, and maybe just one more based off of the Zanpakto Arc from Bleach. That literally was the only one from Bleach that I absolutely LOVED! That was it. Every other one was like T.T Are you serious? XDD

FreedomJazzDance

I'd totally do one off of bleach ;>.> As it is, I'm obsessed with the Hollow masks as it is <.<;. I've ripped that idea in some form or another for other rps several times. Though if I did a Bleach one I would want to make original characters for it and see what happens. XD

Obsidian Isolabella

Well, I can totally see the fascination with some of them. Some of those Hollow masks are pretty damn cool, but some of the other ones? Utterly and completely ridiculous in the most hilarious kind of way. Like those REALLY hilarious Hollows that are terrified of the Arrancar? Ummmm, the ones who are ALWAYS with Nel? Nel is pretty cute and funny herself, but those two idiots are just like, holy crap, hilarious. XD

Wolfy

It's too bad the Anime ended with the Future Arc...because the Manga goes on. Maybe KHR: Xtreme later on down the line? :P

Obsidian Isolabella

Well, Wolfy, I honestly think that they ended it were they should have for the Anime. At first, I was so pissed off that it ended like that, but then I really thought about it and there was literally NOTHING that I think they have could done with it from there. I mean, when Primo Vongola gave Tsuna and the Guardians the original Vongola rings to defeat whatever his face is((Cannot spell his name to save my LIFE!)), I don't think there was more that they could expand on. I mean, doesn't that only happen in the manga in the recent events? Or am I mistaken?

((Wow..Lots of typos in there. Edited. XD))

FreedomJazzDance

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on October 28, 2010, 09:33:13 PM
Well, I can totally see the fascination with some of them. Some of those Hollow masks are pretty damn cool, but some of the other ones? Utterly and completely ridiculous in the most hilarious kind of way. Like those REALLY hilarious Hollows that are terrified of the Arrancar? Ummmm, the ones who are ALWAYS with Nel? Nel is pretty cute and funny herself, but those two idiots are just like, holy crap, hilarious. XD

I was actually thinking more about the Vizored's and their half hollow transformations. XD The Arrancar for the most part were just annoying with the exception of like Grimmjow and Ulqiorra. That's always been my favorite thing about bleach. It isn't afraid to take risks with its  stories and it's always tried to explain certain anime tropes that others don't. XD