News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Started by Ephemera, June 16, 2010, 05:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephemera

This week, marks my two year anniversary on Elliquiy.  I’ve been here since June 14, 2008. So, I wanted to mark the occasion by sharing exactly what the E community, and all you amazing people mean to me.  I was recently asked a question on a previous blog.  It came from an old friend ‘in real life’, who wanted to know how I separate the fantasy relationships here from my ‘real life’ reality.  I know that isn’t exactly how the question was phrased, but I think I get the gist of it, and I’ve been thinking about it a great deal over the past couple of months.

Since this a role-play community, a place where personas abound, and anyone can be anything they choose, I understand the desire to separate reality from fantasy.  Most sane individuals have no trouble doing so.  But, just because I play pretend with you people, doesn’t mean you’re imaginary.  I know the general populace might believe that everyone on the internet is a middle-aged-white-guy, living in his mother’s basement.  Hell, there are songs and music videos that illustrate the concept. (And if you really are, I think you’re awesome too.)

To be honest, I appreciate whatever part of yourselves you choose to share here.  I realize that in real life, Dready is not a lizard.  (Don’t tell Dready.)  I know that Phoebe isn’t 200 ft. tall, and that Seina isn’t a kitty cat.  I understand that Vrag isn’t really a dragon… or clockwork for that matter, and that I can’t have endless pockets full of every imaginable bauble and trinket, or transform into a firefly-fairy whenever I want to.  Truth is that doesn’t matter.  If all I get from you guys is who you choose to pretend to be in irc, or in forum posts, then that’s enough.  For in each of your creative personas, I get a glimpse of the heart, the person behind the persona.  I count those glimpses as gifts.

Elliquiy has been, for two years, a wonderful playground for me.  I still remember the day I was invited by the ever-gentlemanly Gerald to join.  Xillen was first to respond to my introduction post, and has been, on more than one occasion, very patient with my lack of geek finesse, and very willing to help.  When I stepped onto the welcome mat, I was offered a glass of wine by Captain Corto Maltese, who showered me with compliments and asked for a sample of my poetry. He made me feel right at home.  Even sir Vekseid got in on the welcome quite early.   

I soon found my way to IRC, like most who await approval, and ran into a couple of interesting fellows.  Kazae very quickly gifted me with a pen, and beguiled me into writing with him upon approval.  To date, that thread is my longest running on E.  It smolders and burns, and I love it with a passion.  I also love Kazae, who has become a dear friend, and a trip inside his mind is always a strange and amazing treat.  It’s a good thing I don’t scare easily.  My favorite pen, however, was MagicalPen.  He was a consistient friend and companion in those first months.  I miss his penness, and writing with him, though I did get to know him a bit outside of E, and he’s a great guy, a cutie with a good heart.  Others who were quick to welcome me or who have been kind enough to encourage my posts include Bliss, Kurzyk, Nightbird, Snow White, Kertaro, Sherona, Mithlowmen, Teno, the Sun Maid and Myrleena,

I met all sorts of wonderful Elliquiy folk in IRC, and can only remember a couple who didn’t treat me with amazing friendliness and respect.  In fact, I may have forgotten the names of the two who did not.  In those early days, I frolicked, cavorted and cuddled with the likes of Sabbat, Ryumaru, Daylily, BlueRose, Combicon, Delilah, CharlieSariel, Desan and Saffron.

Over time, new people would enter the E playground, and make their way to irc, where I’d invariably open the bar, and celebrate approvals with bursts of confetti.  In fact, I recall that that confetti became a favored snack for someone--though I confess, I can’t recall whether it was Aravol, or Sel Nar.  Either way, they have both been very sweet to me, as has Psi, Rowan’, Paradox, DeaconNoir, Wabisuke, Asmariamoon, ChaNeko, Fragile Dreams, Caliban, Huw and the Glomp Ninja.

In the past two years, I’ve explored story lines with several who are imaginative and amazing, including SecreT, Olllie Garkey Cosmo AC, Algibard_Glirings, and Strong Angel. I have also enjoyed writing in depth with several more of these wonderfully gifted people, and chatting with them as well, opened my eyes to see what was underneath.  In truth, I’ve fallen in love with several of them, and my life is forever changed by their willingness to share themselves with me.  Just some of those whom I cannot imagine not knowing include, the incomparable Livonii, my first Master Lithos, my real life one-time best friend and second Master OwenNo6, a dear, dear real-life girlfriend, who has dried my tears on several occasions Arhys, the tender-hearted Jguy, the ever encouraging, Cecilia, the furry and wonderful BrokenKnight, the cuddly Epitech, the object of many a fantasy Highlander, Fists of Darkness, Longshot 72, Silver, Neophyte, and The Baron.

In addition, there are those I’d like to get to know better, but love for what they’ve already shared with me, including the Chris Brady, whom I am compelled to kiss whenever either of us enters IRC.  (I think he put a spell on me.) Kazyth, who once took me on a tour of the Elliquiy mansion, and ended up getting me lost in the basement on a pile of trench coats.  I think I still have his rubber band ball, and he owes me some marshmallow peeps. Also, Epicurus, who always seems to be eating cereal and nibbling people before he runs off to work, about the time I arrive, imaginativexguy, who is amazingly creative, Lord Alexys Zephy, who is a poet after my heart, and who may well win it if he keeps trying, the affectionate and attentive Xenoti, and of course, the author of some of the most achingly beautiful poetry I’ve read in a while, Chevalier Shambler de Poissons.

Some of the people I’ve listed are no longer a part of Elliquiy, and I miss them.  Others, not listed here have yet to join.  And I feel I ‘know’ many of you, to varying degrees.  My journey thus far on E has been life changing.  I’ve grown, my worldview has expanded, I’ve learned what true friendship is, and you, my friends and lovers, have celebrated with me, cried with me, fallen in love along with me, supported me, shared your hearts and lives with me, and I am grateful for it.  You are so much more than an RP community. With you, I’ve experienced pain and joy, and all that go with those emotions.  You each-more than anything else-is an anniversary gift to me.  I hope I can continue to offer myself to you, as a gift, a writing partner, a listening ear, a fantasy lover, a friend.  Thank you for making two years incredible.

With ink and friendship and LOVE,

Ephemera
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Marguerite

Congratulations on your two years Ephemera.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

GlompNinja

Woo I see my name!

Gratz on having known about this awesome place for two years Ephy ^_^

dready

Quote from: Ephemera on June 16, 2010, 05:40:07 PMI realize that in real life, Dready is not a lizard.  (Don’t tell Dready.)

I know I'm not a lizard. I'm a shapechanger! \o3o/

happy birthday!

........`'`'`''`
.........\o3o/

Xenoti

Congratulations on your two years here at E!! :D I'm honored you mentioned me in your post! I'm flattered! and here's to another two years! *sprays champaign everywhere*

Kurzyk

Cecilia

You, my dear, are one of the most gifted wordsmiths I know.  It has been an honor to get to know you over the last couple of years and share all we have.   *hugs* Two years!  La'chaim!

Mithlomwen

Congratulations on your two year E-nniversary!  :-) 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Arhys

Can it have been so many days since I read the Blogs section?  I guess so since I came to blogs to finish listening to Saffron's tape.

Love you dearie, and you've dried my tears just as one of the many wonderful things you've given me.

Lithos

Happy anniversary hun, and are you really really sure that pheebs is not 200ft tall?

I have not found concrete proof yet!
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Paradox

Although we've only talked a few times in passing, I've always respected your writing around here. Congratulations on two years!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Kazae

I do believe a BANZAI! and a HUZZAH! are in order!

And some more goodies for the pocketses, while I'm thinking about it...

*heads over to post after having shared the latest fic bit*
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...