Something weird happening with font tags [Nope. Just an unlisted font.]

Started by TwoHundredTabs, June 03, 2014, 12:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoHundredTabs

I can't seem to diagnose the issue, but there's some sort of problem with the font tag.

Applying a font via manually typing it in or using the button seems to produce the same result.

If I write a new line of text and add a font to a portion of it, everything works as expected. However, if I apply a font to an existing line of text, nothing changes.

See "Quick Match" versus "Thoughtfulness" headings in my O/O thread. They have the same BBCode applied, and seem to have the same nesting*, but they display differently - even when using a cache-refresh reload.

* i.e.
<span class="bbc_size" style="font-size: 16pt;">
<span class="bbc_font" style="font-family: veranda;">

Any idea what the cause might be?
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
Hover over a link to see a description
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Beguile's Mistress

I believe you might want to check the spelling of the font you've indicated for one of those coded lines.  Verdana is in one and veranda is in the other.

TwoHundredTabs

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 03, 2014, 12:34:26 PM
I believe you might want to check the spelling of the font you've indicated for one of those coded lines.  Verdana is in one and veranda is in the other.

facepalm.jpg

Edit: Yep. Checked related fonts, too. I had a misspelled tag and copied it. :\ Thanks.
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Beguile's Mistress

*hugs you*  Happens to all of us now and then. :-)

You're welcome.

TwoHundredTabs

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 03, 2014, 12:58:43 PM
*hugs you*  Happens to all of us now and then. :-)

You're welcome.

Actually, I was right that there's a problem.

The font from the drop-down list is [font=verdana]Verdana[/font]

The working font is

[font=veranda]Veranda[/font]

Edit: Triple-checked to be sure.

Thanks for the kindness, though. :)

For a visual:

Plain
Courier
Arial
Arial black
Impact
Verdana - same as plain, shouldn't be (Verdana is the correct font name, but the tag is operating via "veranda")
Georgia
Andale mono
Trebuchet MS
Comic sans MS
[tr]   [td]

Beguile's Mistress

I'm a bit confused.  Veranda isn't a font code.

Also, the display of some fonts can be affected by what your computer supports.

Are you having issues with a particular font and if so which one?

TwoHundredTabs

See my edit from a second ago. re: "Verdana - same as plain, shouldn't be (Verdana is the correct font name, but the tag is operating via "veranda")"
[tr]   [td]

Beguile's Mistress

The Verdana displays as plain on our system. 

This could be because our default font is Verdana. 

Google image:

TwoHundredTabs

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 03, 2014, 01:18:12 PM
The Verdana displays as plain on our system. 

This could be because our default font is Verdana. 

Google image:

Ah. So then I discovered a hidden font? That explains it.

Thanks for the help/clarification. :)
[tr]   [td]