What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wyrd

Quote from: Inkidu on August 22, 2011, 04:05:23 PM
Has the spirit bomb ever defeated anyone? Maybe that giant tree...

It's been so long since i saw "Tree of might." I know the spirit bomb did fuck all against Freiza. I think Goku may have killed Turles with it.
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

Quote from: Wyrd on August 22, 2011, 09:42:27 PM
It's been so long since i saw "Tree of might." I know the spirit bomb did fuck all against Freiza. I think Goku may have killed Turles with it.

Yeah..but The Tree of Might and Turles aren't Canon. @_@

I mean, he used it against Majin Buu, and it kind of made a dent in him..sorta.

Anyway, we all know that Dragonball Z was supposed to end after the Freeza Saga, and they just kept demanding more.

I mean come on, it's the perfect setup for an ending, Goku defeats Freeza, the most powerful, evil being in the universe, dies saving his son and family from Freeza's threat, and Gohan goes on to live a normal life.

Then the Cell Saga comes along. Goku defeats Cell, leaving Gohan easily capable of defending the earth on his own from any more threats, aswell as securing him a mostly peaceful life, aside from the Tournaments.

Then Majin Buu comes along. @_@ Goku is like "Ok, why the hell do you people keep coming back?" kill Kid Buu, Gohan is left the strongest in the universe (Literally, THE strongest) Goku passes on, leaving Gohan to defend the earth as the strongest being alive.

Then GT comes along and Toriyama was like "No, Fuck you!" And did some concept sketches before walking out. @_@

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

Quote from: Wolfy on August 22, 2011, 09:46:42 PM
Yeah..but The Tree of Might and Turles aren't Canon. @_@

I mean, he used it against Majin Buu, and it kind of made a dent in him..sorta.

Anyway, we all know that Dragonball Z was supposed to end after the Freeza Saga, and they just kept demanding more.

I mean come on, it's the perfect setup for an ending, Goku defeats Freeza, the most powerful, evil being in the universe, dies saving his son and family from Freeza's threat, and Gohan goes on to live a normal life.

Then the Cell Saga comes along. Goku defeats Cell, leaving Gohan easily capable of defending the earth on his own from any more threats, aswell as securing him a mostly peaceful life, aside from the Tournaments.

Then Majin Buu comes along. @_@ Goku is like "Ok, why the hell do you people keep coming back?" kill Kid Buu, Gohan is left the strongest in the universe (Literally, THE strongest) Goku passes on, leaving Gohan to defend the earth as the strongest being alive.

Then GT comes along and Toriyama was like "No, Fuck you!" And did some concept sketches before walking out. @_@

For me anyways, I loved Z right for start to finish. For me the franchise wrapped up with the destruction of Buu and the wish for the dragon balls to restore the earth back before Buu. GT is just a "What if" for me. 

Did anyone watch the trailer for the new DBZ game a posted, by the way?
Ragtime Dandies!

Inkidu

I saw actual gameplay footage of Deus Ex: H.R. (Just got an idea to make a web comic called Deus Fax: Human Resources) anyway. Yeah, you can pull people through freaking walls. Freaking walls!

*flails*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

I have HR, Insect Armageddon and Fear 3 on the way. Haven't seen so much as a screenshot for any of them. Very excited.

Hemingway

FEAR 3 is a good shooter. It's quite difficult at first, but once you become an unstoppable killing machine, it gets pretty awesome.

Don't expect much story-wise, though. It's basically a race from A to B.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on August 23, 2011, 06:44:51 AM
FEAR 3 is a good shooter. It's quite difficult at first, but once you become an unstoppable killing machine, it gets pretty awesome.

Don't expect much story-wise, though. It's basically a race from A to B.
It's generally accepted by just about every reviewer that it's not scary. Not even as scary as the second one. Which is a shame, because I think they got Clive Barker to help on the story. Though, the guy's been writing horror forever. I think he might be reaching the end of his creative wick.

Sabby

I never held any allusions to Fear being scary. Any of them. Good story, though, even if it has gotten a little muddled. I absolutely loved the shots of Alma on her swing, with the reactor so close... won't get into the specifics of what that imagery did for me, since imagery is always highly debatable, but that scene is incredibly powerful, so much so it doesn't really feel like it should have been in Fear, it feels like it was for a much better story.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on August 23, 2011, 07:19:41 AM
I never held any allusions to Fear being scary. Any of them. Good story, though, even if it has gotten a little muddled. I absolutely loved the shots of Alma on her swing, with the reactor so close... won't get into the specifics of what that imagery did for me, since imagery is always highly debatable, but that scene is incredibly powerful, so much so it doesn't really feel like it should have been in Fear, it feels like it was for a much better story.
FEAR and FEAR 2 scared the bejesus out of me. I've not play 3 but that's because it's co-ope-centric.

Seriously, how did they not see that going wrong?

Sabby

I'm not sure it's co-op focused like you'd think that, say, Splinter Cell Conviction is. Just going on what I've heard second hand though, but your second character just possesses people, which provides a good excuse for his absence if ya go it solo, so if you do take that road, the game will play identically to other Fear games anyway, just with the difficulty tweaked for two players... which is a very stupid move.

Hemingway

The SP campaign is not co-op. That is, the other character is not there to fight beside you. It still isn't as scary as the first two games. Or ... well, FEAR 2 wasn't that scary. FEAR was intense, though.

Sabby

The campaign mode is co-op >.> unless I've misunderstood the complaints, that difficulty is not lowered when playing without a partner, then the campaign mode has a choice of partner or no partner, not the much smarter route of single campaign and co-op campaign.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on August 23, 2011, 07:08:30 AM
It's generally accepted by just about every reviewer that it's not scary. Not even as scary as the second one. Which is a shame, because I think they got Clive Barker to help on the story. Though, the guy's been writing horror forever. I think he might be reaching the end of his creative wick.

I'm not sure where they fall in the chronology, but I've read the Books of Blood, The Great and Secret Show, and Weaveworld.  Somewhere in that time-frame, it all started sounding like rehashed King.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Anyalyss

I started re-playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles on PC *giggles* so fun and tails is still so cuuuuute in a huggable way :-)
O&O's    A&A's

Sabby

You'll love him even more when ya find out why they call him the Two Tailed Fox.

Anyalyss

Because he is an eight years old fox with two tails, of course he's adorable :P
O&O's    A&A's

abandoneddolly

Quote from: Oniya on August 23, 2011, 08:45:34 AM
I'm not sure where they fall in the chronology, but I've read the Books of Blood, The Great and Secret Show, and Weaveworld.  Somewhere in that time-frame, it all started sounding like rehashed King.
I love the great and secret show, and ever ville which is the squeal to the book. Clive barkers one of my favorites. Some of his games are pretty good. I loved the undying, but if he did have something to do with fear 3 he messed up somehow. I do remember reading in an interview a long time ago though that he didn't want to be that scarey guy anymore. Maybe his fear muse is just gone.

Inkidu

I've played all of one hour of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I swear it already deserves Game of the Year. It's fun, it adapts almost perfectly to your play-style from the beginning. There are so many abilities and upgrades that I'm really trying to sort through it all. There are tons of the suckers. Eyes, hacking, legs, lungs. Hell they even max out a few of them for you from the start.

The game is challenging (not butt-hurt hard). You can only have so many stealth kills as you have energy. It thinks nothing of handing you your ass if you go off character. I've found so many different ways of doing stuff already.

Great game.

Hemingway

Quote from: Sabby on August 23, 2011, 07:43:38 AM
The campaign mode is co-op >.> unless I've misunderstood the complaints, that difficulty is not lowered when playing without a partner, then the campaign mode has a choice of partner or no partner, not the much smarter route of single campaign and co-op campaign.

I've played the game. The SP campaign is not co-op. Not in any meaningful sense. The other character is only present in cut-scenes.

Quote from: Inkidu on August 23, 2011, 03:14:54 PM
I've played all of one hour of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I swear it already deserves Game of the Year.

BE QUIET. The game isn't released here until ... well, in 49 hours ( on Steam ).

Sabby

Quote from: Hemingway on August 23, 2011, 04:23:42 PM
I've played the game. The SP campaign is not co-op. Not in any meaningful sense. The other character is only present in cut-scenes.

What are you talking about? x.x Unless there's a seperate co-op campaign, then your not making sense.

Hemingway

Quote from: Sabby on August 23, 2011, 04:30:10 PM
What are you talking about? x.x Unless there's a seperate co-op campaign, then your not making sense.

It's the same campaign. You can either play it in SP mode, that is to say offline ... in which case you're alone. Or with a friend. Presumably on-line.

Sabby

QuoteI've played the game. The SP campaign is not co-op. Not in any meaningful sense. The other character is only present in cut-scenes.

QuoteIt's the same campaign. You can either play it in SP mode, that is to say offline ... in which case you're alone. Or with a friend. Presumably on-line.

So... the campaign is the same the whole way through, with the option of a second player. Wow, that's exactly what I said before >.> and was told I was wrong. And then corrected with what I said.