Pathfinder Seeker thread, Pirate game

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, May 21, 2011, 11:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Healergirl

Thank you Goddess.  An RL always comes first.  Two traits, woot!

bigwad73

Muse was kind enough to help build a character for me with some of my guidelines.  I just have a few questions for him, and then I'll be posting him here.  Is the plothook website character thing mandatory?  Or can I just post my alchemist here in plain text?
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 25, 2011, 05:46:18 PM
Muse was kind enough to help build a character for me with some of my guidelines.  I just have a few questions for him, and then I'll be posting him here.  Is the plothook website character thing mandatory?  Or can I just post my alchemist here in plain text?

Thank you a bunch Muse   :-*

No it is  not require to post using plothook only.   Do it in plain text or use a mythweavers sheet  or another is fine by me.   Plothook link was just simple convenience link put up for you all.   

Mysterica

I fixed my character it was wrong, but chrono, you forgot the +2 to one of your stats for being a human.

Mysterica

No problem.  You might want to decide which stat to add that into and do so before we get underway.  =)

Healergirl

Athought:  Knowledge doungeoneering is a class skill for rogues, but dungeoneering does not seem to apply to this campaign.  Perhaps Knowledge:  Seafaring would be better?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Healergirl on May 27, 2011, 08:31:32 PM
Athought:  Knowledge doungeoneering is a class skill for rogues, but dungeoneering does not seem to apply to this campaign.  Perhaps Knowledge:  Seafaring would be better?

Yes, and as such it may be chose in lieu of dungeoneering as a class skill.

Muse

It seems to me the closest pre-existing knowledge would be Geography.  Though a knew knowledge could be written. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Name:      Elaine
Class:   Rogue (Sniper)
Alignment:   Chaotic Good (but for how long?) 
Race:      French
Level      1

Height   4’11”
Weight   96
Measures   32c 22 30

Hair      Red
Eyes      Sienna
Skin      Swarthy

Strength      9   -1
Dexterity      17   +3
Constitution   12   +1
Intelligence   12   +1
Wisdom      14   +2
Charisma      12   +1

Hit Points      9

Armor Class   17   (Masterwork Studded Leather +3   Masterwork Buckler +1   Dexterity +3)

Saving Throws: 
Fort:   0 +1   =d20+1
Refl:   2 +3   =d20+5
Will:   0 +2   =d20+2

Base Attack   +0
Melee      -1
Missile   +3

Musket   
TAB      +4
Damage   2d6
Critical   20X3
Range      50
Shots      2 (Reload: 1 Full round action.) 
Amo      20 Masterwork

Bayonet
TAB      d20-1
Damage   d6-1
Critical   20X2

Double Barreled Pistol
TAB      +4
Damage   2d4
Critical   20X3
Range      20
Shots      2 (1 full round action reload.) 
Amo      10 Masterwork

Rapier
TAB      -1
Damage   d6-1
Critical   18X2

Dagger
TAB      -1/+3
Damage   d4-1
Critical   19X2
Range      10’

Sap
TAB      -1
Damage   d4-1NL
Critical   20X2

Class Abilities: 
Accuracy (Attack penalties from range increments halved.) 
Sneak Attack +1d6

Feats: 
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot

Skills: 
Acrobatics      1 +3 +3      =d20+7
Craft: Gunsmith   1 +3 +1   +2   =d20+7
Disable Device   1 +3 +1   +2   =d20+7
Heal         1 +3 +2 +1    +2   =d20+9
K. Geography   1 +3 +1      =d20+5
P. Domestic      1 +3 +2      =d20+6
Linguistics      1 +3 +1      =d20+5
Perception      1 +3 +2      =d20+6
Perform: Dance   1 +3 +1      =d20+5
Stealth      1 +3 +3      =d20+7

Languages:
English 
French
Portuguese

Traits:   
Caregiver   
Rich Parents

GEAR: 
Adventurer’s Sash
Backpack, Masterwork
Bag, WaterproofX2
Bedroll
Hammock
Healer’s KitX2
Kit, Cooking
Artisan’s Tools: Gunsmith, Masterwork
Clothing: Explorer’s Outfit
Clothing: Entertainer’s Outfit
Thief’s Tools, Masterwork
Chalkboard and 5 Chalk
Flint and Steel

Purse
Platinum   3
Gold      1
Silver   2
Copper   5

Elaine is the only daughter of the widower Sylvan, advisor and gunsmith to the count of Gascony. 
Sylvan gave his daughter a broad education ranging from how to shoot and the basics of fencing to reading, languages, geography, and the classics.  When not learning form her father she worked in the kitchens and apprenticed under the midwife. 
On her fifteenth birthday Elain was sent to stay with distant relations in the country.  The lord they had served was usurped by his brother, but Sylvan had disappeared in the night with the lords son, Savanien deGascone.  By her sixteenth year, she managed to track the two to Port Royal where she got word that they had joined a pirate vessel.  Seeing no way to ever hope to find one but to do the same, Elain swallows her fear and prepares to herself for a pirates life… 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Healergirl

Ooooooo!  Another sniper!  We will sweep the enemy quarterdecks of all command and pilot staff!

And re Knowledge Geography, that's a good point.  But ssafaring is more than knowledge of physical fetures.  It covers navigation, how to run a ship, discipline, maintaining supply inventories that sort of thing.  Profession sailor covers practical ship handling, knowledge of various ship types that sort of thing.  This will take some thought.

Mysterica

Exactly, which is why you can also use profession sailor if it fits into your history to help with the actual running of the ship.

Muse

I believe Arcana might include natural philosiphy. 

Healergirl

An observation:  Mary is 5' 2'.  Elaine is 4' 11".  Both snipers are roughly as tall as the most common muskets of the period.

Healergirl

<grins at Chronoclasm>

Yes, but will you try to load us?

Mysterica

Nah.  He was probably the altar boy so he'd probably prefer it if you loaded him.

bigwad73

(with thanks to Muse for his invaluable work!)

Name:      Richard Fairnsborough
Nationality:   English
Height:    6’0”
Weight:   181
Skin:      Tanned
Hair:      Greyish-black
Eyes:      Green

Class:   Alchemist
Level:   1

Languages:  English, Polish, Portugese, Spanish, French, Latin

Strength        10     +0
Dexterity       14     +2
Constitution   12     +1
Intelligence    18     +4
Wisdom         12     +1
Charisma       11     +0

Hit Points   9

Armor Class   : 15   (Leather Armor +2   Dexterity +2   Dodge +1)
--Flat Footed: 12   
--Touch: 13

Saving Throws
--Fort:  2 +1 = +3
--Refl:  2 +2 = +4
--Will:  0 +1 = +1

Base Attack   +0
--Melee         +0
--Ranged       +2
--Combat Manuver:            +0
--Combat Manuver Defense 12

Bombs
--TAB: +3
--Damage d6+4
----5 Damage in 5 foot radius around primary target.  (Reflex Save DC 14 for half.)
--Critical 20X2
--Range 20’
--Ammo: 5/Day

Dagger
--TAB +0 (Thrown +2)
--Damage d4
--Critical 19X2
--Range 10’

SKILLS: 
Appraise         1 +3 +4 +1                    = d20+9
Craft: Alchemy      1 +3 +4                   = d20+8
Heal            1 +3 +1                            = d20+5
Knowledge: Arcana      1 +3 +4 +1       =d20+9
Knowledge: Engineering   1 +3 +4 +1   =d20+9
Knowledge: Geography   1 +3 +4 +1     =d20+9
Knowledge: Nature      1 +3 +4 +1        =d20+9
Linguistics         1 +0 +4                       =d20+5
Perception         1 +3 +1                       =d20+5
“Spellcraft”         1 +3 +4                      =d20+8

Class Abilities: 
Throw Anything:   
You are used to throwing things you have on hand.
Benefit: You do not suffer any penalties for using an improvised ranged weapon. You receive a +1 circumstance bonus on attack rolls made with thrown splash weapons.
-adds his Intelligence modifier to damage done with Throw Splash Weapon, including the splash damage if any. This bonus damage is already included in the bomb class feature. 

Brew Potion (Ex)
At 1st level, alchemists receive Brew Potion as a bonus feat. An alchemist can brew potions of any formulae he knows (up to 3rd level), using his alchemist level as his caster level. The spell must be one that can be made into a potion. The alchemist does not need to meet the prerequisites for this feat.

Mutagen (Su)

At 1st level, an alchemist discovers how to create a mutagen that he can imbibe in order to heighten his physical prowess at the cost of his personality. It takes 1 hour to brew a dose of mutagen, and once brewed, it remains potent until used. An alchemist can only maintain one dose of mutagen at a time—if he brews a second dose, any existing mutagen becomes inert. As with an extract or bomb, a mutagen that is not in an alchemist’s possession becomes inert until an alchemist picks it up again.

When an alchemist brews a mutagen, he selects one physical ability score—either Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. It’s a standard action to drink a mutagen. Upon being imbibed, the mutagen causes the alchemist to grow bulkier and more bestial, granting him a +2 natural armor bonus and a +4 alchemical bonus to the selected ability score for 10 minutes per alchemist level. In addition, while the mutagen is in effect, the alchemist takes a –2 penalty to one of his mental ability scores. If the mutagen enhances his Strength, it applies a penalty to his Intelligence. If it enhances his Dexterity, it applies a penalty to his Wisdom. If it enhances his Constitution, it applies a penalty to his Charisma.

EXTRACTS: 
--Every morning, he may use his knowledge of trancandental alchemy to mix two Extracts of particular power.  Only he may administer them do to their synergy with his advanced study of trancandental alchemy.  If another tries to administer the extract it fails. 
Prepared extracts: 
1.  Cure Light Wounds
2.  Keen Senses

FORMULAS (In formula book.): 
Crafter’s Fortune
Cure Light Wounds
Endure Elements
Expeditious Retreat
Jump
Keen Senses
Touch of the Sea

FEATS: 
--Dodge
--Point Blank Shot

GEAR: 
Adventurer's Sash
This bandoleer holds six pouches along its length and a satchel at the hip. Each pouch has a stiff leather flap that can be secured against jostling with a clasp (requiring a move action to open or close) or left unfastened for easier access. The pouches and satchel each contain a number of loops and ties for further securing equipment. The sash buckles at the shoulder, and can be freed with a sharp tug in an emergency as a move action. 
Alchemist's Lab: Portable
Alchemist's KindnessX3 (Hangover cure)
Clothing: Artisan's Outfit X2
Bag, Waterproof X2
Dagger
Explorer’s Outfit
Flint and Steel
Formula Book
Hammock (3lbs)
Inkpen X2
Ink, 1 Vial
Kit, Healers (50gp, 1lbs)
Leather Armor
Soap
Sunrod X3
Waterskin

PURSE: 
Gold   6
Silver   6
Copper   9

Growing up in England during the Wars of the Three Kingdoms, Richard was the son of a clerk named Frederick and a midwife named Molly.  Fredrick’s father fought for King Charles against the rebellious House of Lords who made up parliament at the time. 
   The lords were triumphant and installed Oliver Cromwell as dictator.  Being a common born officer, Fredrick was drawn and quartered. 
   Incenced, Richard entertained plots to kill Cromwell. He romanticized the rebel Guy Fawkes who very nearly packed enough powder under Parliament to blow the whole building to Hell in 1605.  He’d been caught, but what if he could discover a more efficient explosive?  One that might destroy Parliament with a single bucket instead of a wheelbarrow full, for example? 
   He scraped together the coin to travel to Poland and sucessfuly found students of the legendary Rabi Lowe, a trancandental alchemist who brought to life a man of clay to defend the Jews of Prague.  With some work he won an apprenticeship and learned the basics of how to make just the explosives he desired and so much more.  Medicines of miraculous healing.  Formulas that would make him a feral warrior.  His teacher told him, though, that he must learn now through experience, so he traveled to Jamaica, thinking to privateer against Cromwell while testing his alchemy on the high seas. 

Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

Elven Sex Goddess

Looks good.

Going to start ooc/roster thread and ic threads today in an hour or so.   

Mysterica

Elven Sex Goddess

Aether

Elven, I would love to make a sexy addition to this game if there is yet room  ^.^

Elven Sex Goddess

Isengrad

aw man,looks like your all full. A shame, I would have loved to try my hand once again at pathfinder. Hope you all have a Nice game and please let me know if a slot opens up for another pc.

original artwork by karabiner

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Isengrad on June 07, 2011, 08:59:02 AM
aw man,looks like your all full. A shame, I would have loved to try my hand once again at pathfinder. Hope you all have a Nice game and please let me know if a slot opens up for another pc.

Actually slots are still open. So welcome to the game.  Look forward to seeing your character.   

ESG

Isengrad

awesome ^^,Ill have one by tomorrow at the latest

edit: realized I looked like an idiot there for a day

original artwork by karabiner

NicciKotor

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 07, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Actually slots are still open. So welcome to the game.  Look forward to seeing your character.   

ESG

Any more slots besides one for isengard?
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy