I need help on some thread stuff...

Started by SinsOfEden, June 12, 2009, 11:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinsOfEden

I don't know exactly how to ask this or word it, or whatever. But I'm going to try my best and hopefully you all can bear with me.

I want to do something like Professor Loki Caprion has done with his
Lab. I want to make several new threads for my all/multipurpose character Zyr - the one I use to roleplay around the site outside of stories - for PM/IM roleplays that I have going with my respective writing partners, and have a place where they are all listed.

But I don't know how to go about any of this, as far as where I would place these things so that they are in the appropriate areas and how to fix it up.

So if anyone has any suggestions for me, or can help, please do. ><
It would be very much appreciated.

~ Z.G.
  |≈|  Apologies/Absences  |≈|  On's/Off's & More  |≈| 

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 
{Between Zyrkirius and Lloyd... Zyr is currently present.}

~ Current avatar ~

|≈|  Zyr's Beast  |≈|  Lloyd's first intro.  |≈|

Vekseid

Some people are currently using their Apologies & Absences, others are using their ons and offs, others are using their request threads, the best way is probably to use your wiki page.

Not entirely sure exactly what you want though >_>

Autumn Sativus

If you wanted to create your own area in which you could have all of your role plays, you'd have to create string-threads in one of the 'Small Groups' sections.
Edit: Should note - the small groups section of the most intense you intend to RP. A lot of people pick EX just in case, but usually NC or Bondage Small Groups will do.

So basically you would have your main thread, a description/list or whatever you like, contact info, etc. And then stemming from that all of your others, if you wanted something like The Lab.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

SinsOfEden

Quote from: Vekseid on June 12, 2009, 11:54:14 PM
Some people are currently using their Apologies & Absences, others are using their ons and offs, others are using their request threads, the best way is probably to use your wiki page.

Not entirely sure exactly what you want though >_>

Well, Veks... I have all of my current, and dead, stories listed under my O/O thread.

But I'm talking about making a place specifically designed for roleplays between Zyr and one of my writing partners, for the story I've created over IM/PM with them. Like I said, my idea is like Loki's, how he created the Lab for those stories he has.

And I don't have a Wiki page... Honestly, I'm too lazy to make one as it is.

But thanks, Veks.

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

SinsOfEden

Quote from: Saffron on June 12, 2009, 11:56:04 PM
If you wanted to create your own area in which you could have all of your role plays, you'd have to create string-threads in one of the 'Small Groups' sections.
Edit: Should note - the small groups section of the most intense you intend to RP. A lot of people pick EX just in case, but usually NC or Bondage Small Groups will do.

So basically you would have your main thread, a description/list or whatever you like, contact info, etc. And then stemming from that all of your others, if you wanted something like The Lab.

So...pretty much...just create a thread in EX, Small Groups and list the various threads there?

Hm. Okies.

Thanks, Saff.

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Autumn Sativus

Yep, pretty much. I believe you have to have over 1000 posts in a thread before you can get your own sub-forum in Big Games. :-\
Us against the world

SinsOfEden

Hrm... In just one thread? Or in general?
'Cause it if was just in general...then I could have that in no time. X3

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Autumn Sativus

I believe it's either in one game, or in the combined games that would go into the sub-forum. Veks?
Us against the world

Trieste

1000 posts in the game, although we don't count OOC chatter.

SinsOfEden

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Xillen

Then again, if it consists of only a single thread in which to keep the info, shouldn't it go under Solos? And do you really need a big games board for a single thread?

Then again, I might be misunderstanding this.

Caeli

She's asking if she can have her own private board for a series of games that involve her character and others that are not-quite-roleplays.

Generally, the easiest way is simply to keep track in your Ons and Offs, or in your Apologies and Absences, or in your wiki. And just so you know, your wiki doesn't actually have to be pretty. It's for your own personal use, so as long as it's doing the function you need it to, that's fine. Unless you advertise it, you're probably going to be the only person using it anyway.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

SinsOfEden

Hm. Okies.

Thanks, Caeli.

But, again, my idea is to have something like Loki Caprion's Lab. I'm not looking for an entired board for myself. I was just curious as to how I would go about setting up a thread like what Loki has.

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

SinsOfEden

Okay... Now that I've decided to try and make a Wiki page... I'm stuck because I don't know what to do. =.=
Can someone help me?

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Lithos

Well, first when you open a wiki, you should see some links in upper right corner. You should see your name there, that takes you to your own wiki page. There on your user page you should see a link called edit. That brings up editing window where you have little set of tools to edit the page. The tags are a bit different than in forum, for example link to some forum thread you make like this (this is from my wiki page).

'''My Intro Thread to E:'''

[https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=17358.0 Introduction]

That shows "My intro thread to E" text and hyperlink to my intro thread that has text Introduction. Basically, you could make heading for your char and link all threads with games with her to that. Hopefully this snipped helps a bit.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

SinsOfEden

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Autumn Sativus

There's also the Template to help you get started. ^^ It's easy once you get the hang of it.
Us against the world

SinsOfEden

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~