Interest Check: Pathfinder 2nd edition - Troubles in Otari > Abomination Vaults.

Started by Revelation, February 25, 2024, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Revelation

Ixy: Rogue or Ranger
Pdragon: Monk
AndyZ: Oracle

Those are what people seem to be looking at so far, class wise.

Sorvoe551

I'm considering either a Champion or a Gunslinger. Raku is considering a Spellcaster of some kind.

Pumpkin Seeds

Ershin

Quote from: Revelation on February 25, 2024, 02:55:41 PMThat is the original printing.

I'm unsure if the SRD's are updated with the current revisions or not, it seems they do not but on the other hand, I'll work with anyone who lacks the revised core book to make sure everyone is on the same page. Not every change is massive, and some are easy to work with explaining. Lacking the revised core book(s) is not a dealbreaker.

While it can sometimes be a bit unclear on Archives of Nethys what is and what isn't Remaster content (at least when going over things with my IRL group this weekend when building characters I think there was a case it showed old info but can't remember what it was specifically), I can advise that at the very least for character stuff Pathbuilder is fully up to date and has a little tag at the top of each object, class, feat etc. showing what is and isn't Remaster content.

Also, planting flag of interest - need to read through the opening post again and then fret over the sheer amounts of choices for what's available while making something story-appropriate.
Else I might post something like a Magus Goblin with a gun >_>

c0i9z

Chulanowa

I'm interested, but I've never really been able to "get" PF2E. Gormless newbishness allowed?

Also c0i9z I love her

Hexed

Pathfinder 2e?  Neat.

I tend to use nethys for my stuff so only as up to date as it is. :)

Is the poppet race an available option?

Revelation

Quote from: Ershin on February 26, 2024, 01:19:05 AMI can advise that at the very least for character stuff Pathbuilder is fully up to date and has a little tag at the top of each object, class, feat etc. showing what is and isn't Remaster content. S
Considering I will probably guide/direct people to use Pathbuilder, this is ideal then. As far as what's allowed, I'm trying to remain open - but some ancestries and such might be a bit too out there at initial glance. Nothing against unusual concepts, just that some might stretch belief a little.

Quote from: c0i9z on February 26, 2024, 01:23:01 AMHow about a ratfolk rogue?

Ratfolk/Ysoki would be allowed.

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 26, 2024, 03:01:47 AMI'm interested, but I've never really been able to "get" PF2E. Gormless newbishness allowed?

Also c0i9z I love her
I'm a newbie DM to PF2 should this happen. As such new players are welcome as long as they are willing to learn the rules and such.

Quote from: Hexed on February 26, 2024, 09:09:04 AMPathfinder 2e?  Neat.

I tend to use nethys for my stuff so only as up to date as it is. :)

Is the poppet race an available option?
The poppet ancestry is labeled as rare and I can see why. My main concern outside of the actual rarity of the ancestry is that Poppets might look a bit too childlike for Elliquiy and as such I could see that causing some trouble for a viable reference. Of course I'm willing to be flexible provided one can find a 'mature' looking image for a poppet, but this is an instance where I feel the unique nature of the ancestry could be a bit tricky to finagle into the game. Ultimately I will say it depends on the submission/idea.

Hexed

Perfectly understandable problems with poppet. Had a chucky style idea but if can't find a decent pic have no problem going for another ancestry.

Looking into kineticist or summoner at the moment.

Sorvoe551

So it turns out mobile doesn’t like allowing you to copy images into these threads. I’ll post my character images when I get home from work, see if they’re acceptable 

Hexed

Lets see if this works and which ones pass muster picture wise. :D

Got a couple concepts bouncing around my head. Just need to see which one shakes loose.

Revelation

Quote from: Hexed on February 26, 2024, 03:52:46 PMLets see if this works and which ones pass muster picture wise. :D

Got a couple concepts bouncing around my head. Just need to see which one shakes loose.
The first two I am afraid fail the AI-test. #3 should be fine for a character though.

Hexed

Well fiddle fuck. Out of curiosity what was it about the first pic?  Curious as I evidently missed it. :)

Having looked at work I do think I'll put together a dex based kineticist to offer. It seems interesting.

Revelation

I did a reverse image search and found it on an AI-image site. I don't like turning down imagery but I admit I have personal biases against AI art for the most part.

A kineticist will be interesting as I've not seen one in play before.

With the amount of interest so far, I hope to have a proper recruitment thread up sometime this week.

Ershin

Just out of curiosity, which reverse image search do you use? I've got an image which I'm not certain if it's AI or not that could be neat for an Orc Witch, but don't want to break the rules. I've used saucenao and tineye on it with no results but just want to be sure

Oh wait no, never mind. Google image search confirms AI. Darn.

Revelation

Quote from: Ershin on February 26, 2024, 05:08:24 PMJust out of curiosity, which reverse image search do you use? I've got an image which I'm not certain if it's AI or not that could be neat for an Orc Witch, but don't want to break the rules. I've used saucenao and tineye on it with no results but just want to be sure
Google reverse image search and Yandex help significantly in matters like this. Yandex is usually a smidge more useful.

Ershin

This one definitely is because look at that tooth but I'm not 100% on this one
They're very similar so they might use the same prompts, but the fingers on the second don't look eldritch. The lack of source has me thinking AI though. 

Sorvoe551

This is the possible Automaton Champion. Absolutely chunky lad named Akeron.

And this is my Halfling Gunslinger, Eagle-Eye (I have an alternate pic for her if this one is AI)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Hexed on February 26, 2024, 04:46:47 PMWell fiddle fuck. Out of curiosity what was it about the first pic?  Curious as I evidently missed it. :)
First giveaway is that it has a rather "picrew" style (basically a pre-AI paperdoll image maker) Like it looks like a "stock" image where the wings have been added on or different colors tried or the like. And it probably could have been drawn from something like that. What gives it away "as AI" is mostly the nonsensical har-strapping. The lower part of the halter is a giveaway too, and the fact that the irises of the eyes are unevenly shaped. Also the hands are conspicuously omitted :)

Quote from: Ershin on February 26, 2024, 05:20:34 PMbut I'm not 100% on this one

Yup, also AI. it still has that "stock image" look (AI farms are starting to get very uniform - the "chonky braid" is a big tell for instance) but the most obvious? Look at her leg. Green goblin got a random brown leg! 

I'm gonna peruse the Player's GUide a bit, and then rummage something up! Might be the boring guy and just make a human fighter dude named Dan. Dan Portnoy, sword-for-slingin;. IDK yet

Hexed

hadn't even noticed those messups. Q.Q

Got kinda upset too as I used the info here about reverse lookup and a bunch of art I'd tagged as possible character ideas was traced back to AI. Hells I've yet to find anything on pinterest that doesn't trace back to AI. o.o

Didn't realize it was so prevalent.

pdragon

Quote from: Sorvoe551 on February 26, 2024, 06:01:43 PM

And this is my Halfling Gunslinger, Eagle-Eye (I have an alternate pic for her if this one is AI)

The little crayon on the corner is the watermark for Craiyon, an ai program. They actually make it the easiest to tell in that regard.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Sorvoe551

Ah, fuck. Oh well.

Here’s the alternate. I have to link to a post because I’m on mobile right now. Hex will recognize it.

I’ll post it officially here once I get home later.

Athem

I'm interested - probably a human fighter with a gladiator background.