1887 - Wild West, Outlaws and Scoundrels - Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, August 13, 2023, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfling72

I have a question BEFORE I get too far into my sheet.

How do we feel about a soiled dove from New Orleans with a hint of voodoo in her soul? She'd be a group follower with a light touch for things not nailed down and a source of information for the main members of the Gang.

Would that work?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 14, 2023, 01:16:05 PM
I have a question BEFORE I get too far into my sheet.

How do we feel about a soiled dove from New Orleans with a hint of voodoo in her soul? She'd be a group follower with a light touch for things not nailed down and a source of information for the main members of the Gang.

Would that work?

I like the idea a lot.  I say go for it!

And I just polished up my dude and posted him!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=353149.msg16543190#msg16543190
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Wolfling72

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2023, 01:30:47 PM
I like the idea a lot.  I say go for it!

And I just polished up my dude and posted him!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=353149.msg16543190#msg16543190

SWEET!! As I mentioned before, please hold Denise Vasi for me. She just has that soiled dove in her eyes.

LOOK!!

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

GnothiSeauton

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kadigan

Revamping my idea a bit. An explosives lady. Splodey.

Rayne

Between the cast and the concept I can't resist at least throwing my interest hat in the ring.

Sorely tempted to make a Kissin Kate Barlow sort of character.

xPeachyPuff

The new character ideas look great!! :D Can't wait to see them!

GnothiSeauton

Power is out at my place due to storms and flooding. If it comes back on tonight I will definitely try to look over steers and get the ball rolling in some places. Otherwise it won’t be until later tomorrow after work.

Seeking New Stories

Wolfling72

Stay safe, and you have a "whore" in yer box. Eventually, I'll add an NPC or two just to round out how she keeps abreast of the gossip. I hope you like her.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 14, 2023, 06:50:19 PM
Power is out at my place due to storms and flooding. If it comes back on tonight I will definitely try to look over steers and get the ball rolling in some places. Otherwise it won’t be until later tomorrow after work.

I hope you're doing okay. Stay safe and take you're time! I dont think we're in any rush 😊

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

GnothiSeauton

Oh every thing is fine on my end. There was some flooding in the areas around me but nothing serious. Power didn’t go out until after the storm came and went but wasn’t restored until like eleven at night.

I truly appreciate all of the well wishes and thoughts <3

I’m going to go get dinner and then get to things on here shortly!

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

I -think- I'm caught up on sheets?

If not, send me another PM and bop me over the head.

I have a bit more time tomorrow night, and I am going to get a history thread going and start hitting people up for connections and stuff to tie things in. 

Seeking New Stories

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wolfling72

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on August 16, 2023, 06:19:28 AM
She's stunning :D And super interesting too! Nice job Wolfie!

Thank you oh peachiest of puffs!! We have a really good crew so far.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

WhatLiesAbove

Dammit...this is interesting as hell. The players involved thusfar are also making it really hard to say no!

Is there room for one more? I've got an idea for a Hopi Medicine woman

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on August 16, 2023, 02:13:29 PM
Dammit...this is interesting as hell. The players involved thusfar are also making it really hard to say no!

Is there room for one more? I've got an idea for a Hopi Medicine woman

Hey there WLA *waves*

Okay!

So right now we have (and this includes the pending sheets in my inbox)...

2 Gun
2 Tracker/Sharpshooter
3 Recon/Intel - Including Counter Intelligence
1 Sharpshooter
1 Scout
1 Medic

Roughly what we have so far off the top of my head.  That's basically the primary jobs/specialties and roles in the gang.  Some might help out during heists (i.e. our counter-intel gal).  I'd ideally like to get a few more who are primarily guns and stuff, the foot soldiers of the group, but I'm not picky.  We also have a lot of female characters in the group, and I won't say no to more of those, but if anyone is on the fence as to which way to go, I'd say we could use a couple more guys.  All depends on the personalities and characters though.

I'm also way behind on putting together the reserved face claims AND the character directory in the info thread.  So bear with me while I try to get things sorted out and get some stuff put together.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 16, 2023, 07:10:18 PM
Hey there WLA *waves*

Okay!

So right now we have (and this includes the pending sheets in my inbox)...

2 Gun
2 Tracker/Sharpshooter
3 Recon/Intel - Including Counter Intelligence
1 Sharpshooter
1 Scout
1 Medic

Roughly what we have so far off the top of my head.  That's basically the primary jobs/specialties and roles in the gang.  Some might help out during heists (i.e. our counter-intel gal).  I'd ideally like to get a few more who are primarily guns and stuff, the foot soldiers of the group, but I'm not picky.  We also have a lot of female characters in the group, and I won't say no to more of those, but if anyone is on the fence as to which way to go, I'd say we could use a couple more guys.  All depends on the personalities and characters though.

I'm also way behind on putting together the reserved face claims AND the character directory in the info thread.  So bear with me while I try to get things sorted out and get some stuff put together.

And in an amendment to the above...

I am going to ask that from now on, if you haven't submitted a sheet already, new characters avoid having tracking and sharpshooting in their Strengths section.  We seem to be getting a lot of people that are good trackers and sharpshooters, and would like to break that up a little bit for new characters.

Seeking New Stories

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 16, 2023, 07:19:32 PM
And in an amendment to the above...

I am going to ask that from now on, if you haven't submitted a sheet already, new characters avoid having tracking and sharpshooting in their Strengths section.  We seem to be getting a lot of people that are good trackers and sharpshooters, and would like to break that up a little bit for new characters.

So noted, and this doesn't really mess with my character concept. I appreciate the feedback!

Rayne

Wooo right under the radar XD

And on that note, I've just joined with my character Elizabeth Cole. Open to all sorts of connections if folks want to plot anything.

GnothiSeauton

And!

I added Rayne’s Character’s father, a long time gang member, to the info thread for former members as a means for deeper connections and stuff.

Seeking New Stories

DrMcQuark

I'd like to plant a flag here with a tentative FC of Charlize Theron.

Rough idea - She was a member of the gang prior to Dorinda Springs, often clashing with Earl as she was not quite as easily molded and manipulated by his "charms" but she was good at her job so he kept her around. At Dorinda Springs, however, when things went south there was a chance for one of them to get away (one horse left or something like that). MC was captured by the Pinkertons and was sentenced to 5 years in prison (they only had hard evidence for relatively minor crimes). Shortly after her release, the letter came and she decided to be a part of the heist and, possibly, get a chance for revenge on the man that left her to rot. (Perhaps Earl even had romantic/lustful intentions towards MC, but they were not reciprocated.)

Raven Rawne

Someone grab a banjo and some country songs for their character, for those camping by the fire in the middle of nowhere moments!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: DrMcQuark on August 16, 2023, 08:43:49 PM
I'd like to plant a flag here with a tentative FC of Charlize Theron.

Rough idea - She was a member of the gang prior to Dorinda Springs, often clashing with Earl as she was not quite as easily molded and manipulated by his "charms" but she was good at her job so he kept her around. At Dorinda Springs, however, when things went south there was a chance for one of them to get away (one horse left or something like that). MC was captured by the Pinkertons and was sentenced to 5 years in prison (they only had hard evidence for relatively minor crimes). Shortly after her release, the letter came and she decided to be a part of the heist and, possibly, get a chance for revenge on the man that left her to rot. (Perhaps Earl even had romantic/lustful intentions towards MC, but they were not reciprocated.)

Gonna send ya a PM!

Seeking New Stories