Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Episode 3 [Villagers Win]

Started by Xillen, May 24, 2009, 03:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannik

You've said that already, and yes that may be true. Every time you roll a dice it has the exact same chance(1:6 for a six sided die) of comming up with any particular number...but at the same time, every time that particular number comes up the likelyhood of it being the same decreases. (1:6 chance for any number, but 1:12 chance that it will be the same twice in a row)

Statistical probability is a weird thing and difficult to explain.

Luckily I do not base my oppinon on that alone. She has also shown with her actions that she would rather stand by villagers rather than let them be lynched, which is something I doubt a wolf would do.

Xillen

Quote from: mannik on June 03, 2009, 06:56:00 AMbut at the same time, every time that particular number comes up the likelyhood of it being the same decreases. (1:6 chance for any number, but 1:12 chance that it will be the same twice in a row)

Yes, of course the chance of someone being a Werewolf twice in a row is smaller. And if the roles for last game weren't made public yet, the chance of someone being a Werewolf in both the games is smaller than someone only being a Werewolf in one of the games.

However, Greenthorn being a Werewolf last game is a given, so that no longer influences the probability on the remaining possible options.

Quote from: mannik on June 03, 2009, 06:56:00 AMStatistical probability is a weird thing and difficult to explain.

No, it's not. It's just a lot about removing the irrelevant information from the picture.

Greenthorn

Marguerite is giving out false information.  The seer is a male.  you all quickly forgot the Marguerite was heading the lynching party for Ryi..who was -not- a werewolf!

Nadir

... GT, I was the one who named Ryie first in yesterday's lynching. I was wrong, and I'm not proud of it, but it was me who said it was Ryie first. You're really grabbing at straws!

mannik

QuoteHowever, Greenthorn being a Werewolf last game is a given, so that no longer influences the probability on the remaining possible options.

that makes no sense...because it is known she was a werewolf last game means laws of statistical probability no longer apply?

I can see a dice roll a six and know it is a six. That doesn't change anything in terms of probability. There is still a higher chance that it will be something different on my next roll.

The only way I see that working is if you used an entirely different scheme to choose who was what. (For instance, rolling a dice for each player and the 6 highest are the WW for one game and the next game you roll again but use the 6 lowest...just an example, I have no idea what you actually did.)

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 03, 2009, 09:05:27 AM
Marguerite is giving out false information.  The seer is a male.  you all quickly forgot the Marguerite was heading the lynching party for Ryi..who was -not- a werewolf!

You shouldn't have said that...give NO clues to the identity of important individuals. If Marg was giving out fals information about such thing GOOD...it protects them from harm.

Greenthorn

*sighs*

I braided the next rope...

I shall laugh when you all get eaten by the red dragon!

Scott

GT can say anything she wants, it wasn't a direct quote.

Marguerite

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 03, 2009, 09:29:40 AM
*sighs*

I will laugh my ass off if you are a wolf GT. You just have to take the fact that you have been vocal and vocal and trying to find out who are the important players. Why do you want to know who are the important players?
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Yomamaween

Marg has started me on some very pursuasive information.  She has rarely been wring when talking to me...I see her predictions as very strong

I'm so sorry Greenthorn  The cards against you are stacked...

Marguerite

Quote from: mannik on June 03, 2009, 09:18:04 AM
You shouldn't have said that...give NO clues to the identity of important individuals. If Marg was giving out fals information about such thing GOOD...it protects them from harm.

Look at GT, she is grasping so hard to throw down lies because she is a wolf, though she may have been a wolf last time, we all have a possibility to be a wolf but she is one.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Marguerite on June 03, 2009, 10:05:41 AM
Look at GT, she is grasping so hard to throw down lies because she is a wolf, though she may have been a wolf last time, we all have a possibility to be a wolf but she is one.

Err I never said anything about being a wolf last game making me less likely to be a wolf this game.  That's all Mannik  ;)
Quote from: Marguerite on June 03, 2009, 09:53:48 AM
I will laugh my ass off if you are a wolf GT. You just have to take the fact that you have been vocal and vocal and trying to find out who are the important players. Why do you want to know who are the important players?

I didn't say I wanted to know -who- they were.  I only asked Saffron if her info came -from- a seer or if she was choosing randomly...silly woman..pay attention! 

In no PM have I ever asked anyone who anyone else was.  I only gave correct information...

Marguerite

-Smirks-

We shall see, if you are a human when you die, I will mourn and vote in Josi or Desan for your vengenance. If not, well, then you were a wolf to begin and end with, GT.

-Nods-

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 03, 2009, 09:29:40 AM
*sighs*

Werewolves are Welsh now? O.O

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Xillen

Quote from: daylily on June 03, 2009, 10:36:37 AM
Werewolves are Welsh now? O.O

I fail to see the relation...

*scratches head*

Marguerite

I think she said that to draw you out and put up the new votes, Xillen.

mannik

After a long conversation with Xillen about the nature and math behind randomality I have decided to change the reason why I am voting along with GT...

I'm doing it because the sky is purple and kittens are fuzzy...(how's that for random?)

Quote from: Xillen on June 03, 2009, 10:42:04 AM
I fail to see the relation...

*scratches head*

It has something to do with GT braiding the rope I think...

Xillen

Oh yeah, completely forgot that we hit a new page.

Remaining Players:
  • Greenthorn - 12 votes: Marguerite, Eden, Desan, Ryven, Josietta, Pianoman, Daylily, Ladysky, Elenisil, Galatine, Scott, Yomamaween
  • Desan - 2 votes: Dragoondawg, Elunari
  • Josietta - 2 votes: Greenthorn, Mannik
  • Yomamaween
  • Daylily
  • Emmaline
  • Ladysky
  • Pianoman
  • Marguerite
  • Galatine
  • Mannik
  • Scott
  • Eden
  • Dragoondawg
  • Elenisil
  • Elunari
  • Ryven

Not yet voted: Emmaline.

Remaining Roles:
  • 9 Peasants
  • 1 Hunter
  • 1 Alchemist
  • 1 Seer
  • 1 Guardian
  • 4 Werewolves

mannik

Xillen, I changed my vote to Josi too...remember than conversation we just finished like two seconds ago?...that's how it all started.

Xillen

Quote from: mannik on June 03, 2009, 10:47:24 AM
Xillen, I changed my vote to Josi too...remember than conversation we just finished like two seconds ago?...that's how it all started.

Man, I'm starting to fail here! :(

Greenthorn

mannik

Its ok...judging by the size of that hammer, you can fix just about anything.  :P

Greenthorn

Quote from: mannik on June 03, 2009, 10:50:33 AM
Its ok...judging by the size of that hammer, you can fix just about anything.  :P

I soooo took that as a non-pg-13 rated comment

*dies laughing*

Marguerite

Xillen

Quote from: mannik on June 03, 2009, 10:50:33 AM

I don't really get to wield a hammer like that. I'm prot as mainspec and holy as offspec ;)

Female Tauren Paladin pic is so worth it, though! (For those unknown to WoW, each race can only pick certain classes. The Tauren Paladin combination doesn't actually exist and would be completely against the lore!)

Ryven

Oh really?  May we see the size of your hammer?  *wiggles eyebrows*