Classic Werewolf: Return of The Wolf OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, April 03, 2015, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

It's been far too long since we've had a good old fashioned mafia-type game around E! I'd like to put one together, so I figured the best place to start would be an interest check.

I'm looking to run a good old fashioned game of Werewolves of Miller's Hollow with a few bonus roles thrown in for a bit of a twist. I've got a few ideas for variants,  which I'll put on a poll to see what people like best.

I'm hoping for a game of somewhere between 15-19 players. I'll gladly take a few extra, and would be willing to run a game with as few as 11 (any fewer and I may just run a new game of One Night instead).

If there's enough basic interest I'll type up a rules, roles, and OOC thread over the next couple of days.

So anyway, who would be interested in some classic Mafia gaming?

Current player count: 21
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blythe

James Moriarty

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Remiel

Oh crap.  Can I change my vote?  That first variant (two opposed teams of bad guys) is something I've always wanted to do; however, it requires a large number of players.

Galactic Druid

I've managed with 14- 2 wolves, 1 vampire. I don't know how to change votes on polls, let me see what I can do.

Galactic Druid

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Galactic Druid

Anyway, to expand on that style a little, here's how I usually run what I call 'Twilight Mafia', because the reactions I get are priceless.

The werewolf team has the power of misdirection, at least one member of the team shows up to the seer as a regular villager, and the village has at least one lycan (villager that reveals as a werewolf) in play. They also have the advantage of knowing who they attacked. If that player doesn't die, there's a chance they were either a special villager worth saving or a vampire.

The vampires cannot be killed during the night phase. Not by werewolf attacks, not by poisoning. Any attack on a vampire will be treated the same as one that was blocked by a bodyguard. The only way to get rid of a vamp is during the day.

Either team can only win when the other is completely gone, and they match/beat the village in numbers. Every night, each team gets a chance to kill. To make up for it, the village tends to have a variety of powers, a few extra potions for the witch, a bodyguard, and so on.

One spin I also really like, if the players are particularly skilled, is to use a variant on the seer. Rather than picking one player to learn the role of, the seer picks two, and learns whether they are on the same team or not.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

That's 6, more than halfway to my minimum to run a decent sized game!

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

yugi006

Galactic Druid

Zelric Miras

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Verasaille

I have no idea what a Mafia game is, can anyone tell me how its played?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

LunaLilith22

I'll give this a go and see if I'm any good at it.

Galactic Druid

Thanks Yugi, saved me the trouble!

Well, that makes 11! I'll work on rules and roles tonight!

Galactic Druid

So we've hit the 11 minimum, if we get 4 more, we can run Twilight! Please feel free to invite any friends you may want to join in as well, everyone!

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid