News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Cayenne on July 21, 2015, 09:10:36 AM
I'm not prejudice against harems! Some of my favourite animes include harem in their tags! Honest!

Anime as a whole has a lot of issues, and the lower viewership, and shrinking budgets aren't exactly helping matters. That said, in this increasingly fanservice generation I have a TOTALLY FREE COMPANY SAVING IDEA for a studio.

You see, the story follows a girl of whom, fell in love with a guy who loved someone else, so in, she dies a tragic death and is reborn as the talking vagina of her rival.  Boom.

.....I will bet you hard cash money that somewhere that idea is actually floating about.

Also is it okay to talk about Mangas in this group even though its titled "Animes"?

AEvum

If say yes; it's more suited to here than having its own thread imo

Lustful Bride

Well if anyone here loves tales involving giant bugs and lots of shooting and scenes that make your skin crawl, ive been reading a Korean comic called "HIVE" which will satisfy your cravings.

Its About the sudden appearance of Giant Wasps all over the world. Due to a global event which causes the oxygen around the world to increase to levels similar to before humans evolved on Earth.

The story takes place mostly in Seoul South Korea with an office worker joining up with an old Retired firefighter to try and find his wife and daughter who managed to get to a military safe zone.

I don't wana spoil anything but it gets awesomely gruesome at times, but the thing that I love is how smart the characters are, they actually make smart decisions, plan their movements out, use what they have at hand. ^3^ I love this comic so much, its a webtoon but you can find it with fan translations on Kiss Manga. Though some of the grammar can be very odd.

The only thing that is odd is the formatting of the panels, which leads me to believe that it was originally one of those comics you're supposed to read on a cellphone.

Tuxedocat

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on July 21, 2015, 08:50:24 AM
There's some harsh comments towards the harem genre here. While I generally don't favor it all that much either, it's unfair to lash at it so much. Just because one does it doesn't mean everyone does. While a large portion of the harem anime to come out are based around sexual undertones with little else going for it, there are several very good exceptions to this. To name a few, you have stuff like Clannad and Haganai. Neither can be considered very sexualized shows, which for some reason removes their Harem-tag as well, despite both the shows quite obviously being harems.

I actually enjoy Clannad and Haganai both, but Clannad to me is more like a romance between a boy and a girl where other girls float around on the periphery. If your definition of a harem is just a bunch of characters of a gender attractive to the MC's preference hanging around them, I guess it fits that definition. But I didn't get the feeling when watching it that anyone but the destined girl was going to have a relationship with MC.

Haganai is more of a harem either way but it feels to me like it's self-aware about that and kind of milks it for comedic effect rather than just making a romcom with a bunch of people involved. Also, the MC is not the typical dense type either, so there's that. I feel like there's a story involved there.

QuoteAnother thing to note is that a lot of harem-adaptations come from Visual Novels. VNs are tricky to adapt since they have several character routes, and to avoid disappointing people, a general approach is most common, trying to give at least the more popular routes a fair bit of screen-time and cutting out bits and pieces from the routes to make it, what should I say, pleasing. This also kind of justifies the bland main characters, seeing that it's very much so the norm for VNs since it's meant to be a self-insert type ordeal.

Yeah, you got me there. I should have taken this into account because I'm aware of the fact that harem is typically the answer to adapting these kinds of deals, to the point where "harem ending" = nobody gets together.

QuoteOf course, not every harem anime produced can be protected by such, you have stuff like HotD which was a manga, and Highschool DxD which as far as I'm aware was a light novel, again just to name a few.

Overall though, all I can say is that it's just a genre for those who are interested in what it has to offer. Whipping at it is just stupid. It's a genre just like everything else, to put those who like it in a shamed position is really unnecessary. It's a genre just like all other genres. I don't like shoujo anime, but I don't go around shaming it for that reason. You kind of just have to accept that some people like what it has to offer and move on.

I don't know if you were addressing what I wrote, but I think shaming and whipping are a bit beyond what I intended to get across. I think the harem genre could be improved if more stories within it focused on the story and not so much on fanservice. I have seen some really interesting ones, and they tend to stand out because they do things differently than the norm. I basically would like to see more of them do that and change the norm for the genre.

Maybe I should just accept that it's unlikely it will, though, for some of the reasons I outlined in a previous post.
Check out my preferences as of 23 Jul. 2015.

Yukina

I have nothing to add, but i love Haganai! :)

Lustful Bride

Well this blew my mind when I saw it....the DBZ staff have some explaining to do.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Juggtacular

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 23, 2015, 12:39:03 PM
Well this blew my mind when I saw it....the DBZ staff have some explaining to do.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Except Lord Beerus, the purple cat "GOD OF DESTRUCTION" casually blows up planets for the slightest thing. Like having food too spicy for his liking caused him to destroy only half a planet.

Sain

Little witch academia 2 sneaked out under my radar some time ago. Holy damn that thing is good :D The characters, the world, the expressions and art its all just amazing.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

LtSurge

I can recommend Outlaw Star for an anime and am currently reading My Hero Academia. I own Rurouni Kenshin series of manga as well.

Kyuss

I recently got into Hijame no Ippo, which is absolutely fantastic so far. I enjoy how Ippo's opponents are fleshed out in comparison to other rival characters in fighting anime- their backstories, motivations...stuff that makes them human.

Drake Valentine

I think Rokka just ended. ;\

At least the first season, hoping for a second one to that.

Also I think the first season to Overlord is about over, so hoping to another one to that.

I believe Baby Steps ended again as well, unless they shorten it on site I watch it on cause didn't see an preview for next episode.

And the current season of soon to be new animes does not look appealing in the slightest. *Sigh.*

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Sain

One Punch man unappealing? What heresy is this  ??? Even if you don't like the concept (super hero comedy) then you might want to watch just for the animations.

There's also Owarimonogatari coming, though if you don't like the monogatari series then it does look like you're out of luck.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sain on September 22, 2015, 03:59:34 PM
One Punch man unappealing? What heresy is this  ??? Even if you don't like the concept (super hero comedy) then you might want to watch just for the animations.

There's also Owarimonogatari coming, though if you don't like the monogatari series then it does look like you're out of luck.

Psh no to both. All they freaking did was talk and talk and talk in the monogatari thing. I was expecting it to be more action base but got bored of all their conversations.

Here's hoping to next year stream of anime. ^^

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

CaptainNexus616

Gearing up to binge watch Gurren Lagann again. Tried re-watching Sword Art...got three episodes in before I dropped it....question Fairy Tail...anyone recommend it?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

NicciKotor

Fairy Tail doesn't have that much of a power creep compared to other shonen jump animes. Instead they get interesting abilities and situations and not just increase in power in vague nonsense terms.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Yukina

Has anyone else here watched the premier of "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans" yet?

Drake Valentine

Well.

This season of anime is crap. I was hoping Lance would be interesting but I can barely stomach five minutes of it.

Going to give Asterik(sp) War a try. Then Young Black Jack.

At least Haikyu!! came out with another season, that is the only plus so far.

yugi006

Lance N' Masques was not what I expected and not liking it but I'll give it another 1 or 2 episodes to see how it goes.

K Second Season and Gundam Iron-Blodded Orphans was great.

Need to check out Young Black Jack and some others that have yet to come out.

Also waiting on Haikyu season 2 and Owari no Seraph season 2.

Revelation

One Punch Man is out. and it is AMAZING just like I hoped it would be.

One punch man started out as a webcomic about a new superhero who is so strong he... beats anything in one punch. And he hates it. Because he wants a challenge, and beating everything in one punch is not a challenge for him. It's a fantastically funny comic, but the original art is bad... So, the artist of Eyeshield 21 is now doing a manga version of it

And now, we have the anime (With comparison to manga!) And it's GREAT.

So I would definitely recommend keeping up with it.

Sain

Yeah it was pretty great. Animations not really as good as the art in the manga, but I guess it would require a hilarious budget to animate in that quality.

Wajin

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 04, 2015, 08:55:42 AM
Has anyone else here watched the premier of "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans" yet?

GIVE ME MORE! :D

Though the initial plot seems kinda similar to Aldnoah
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Yukina

Quote from: Wajin on October 05, 2015, 10:48:35 AM
GIVE ME MORE! :D

Though the initial plot seems kinda similar to Aldnoah

*high-fives* Any favorite characters so far?

Wajin

"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Yukina

Wajin