News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

Quote from: Cayenne on April 26, 2015, 08:19:51 AM
Started whittling down the animes as they progress!

Dropping.
Dropping Plastic Memories for the time being - not getting a huge pull to continue anymore.
Dropped Uto no Prince Sama - Too much magical, not enough substance!
Dropped Wish Upon the Pleiades - Nothing really stood out to me or captured me about it.

Wishywashy
Sound Euphonium - Giving it the benefit as things of the story haven't switched into gear, hopefully it'll reveal itself by the next episode.
Rin-Ne - It is fun, yet feels kinda vacant at times (Like I've encountered the characters before) Going to give it a little more time~
Gunslinger Stratos - There's nobody I really like here, not sure how much longer I'll continue to watch

Keeping
Baby Steps - Still great! Very detailed about the sport it involves without needing to lean on magic.
World Trigger - Aside from the fact there might only be 10 minutes of new content per episode - I still think it is interesting.
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma - This is a fun show honestly, orgasmic foods and actual cooking tips scattered in makes it overall pretty good.
Fate Stay Night (2014) - Not that I particularly like bleak anime, I generally tend to avoid it - but I'm invested this far, even though it seems overly insurmountable for the main characters at the moment.

Currently only looking at series that my crunchyroll subscription covers - not sure what is super good that I'm missing out of the new crop.

What region do you live in? Because I know Crunchyroll is a piece of worthless garbage here in Norway, since barely anything get licensed and hence can't be simulcast/hosted on CR in Norway, I know a lot of Europe has the same problem >_>
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Cayenne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 26, 2015, 08:22:35 AM
What region do you live in? Because I know Crunchyroll is a piece of worthless garbage here in Norway, since barely anything get licensed and hence can't be simulcast/hosted on CR in Norway, I know a lot of Europe has the same problem >_>

Canadian region, which means I get a bit, but not as much as if I lived in the United States. Which is a bummer since there have been a few times where I see something on the illegal places and when I search for it I find that it's on crunchyroll, but not for me.  Honestly there needs to be a website where they tell you where to get each anime in your region and which ones are in limbo so you can make the pirate or no choice yourself.

Probably the reason I don't have Netflix is that it is complete garbage in Canada, so I don't see why I should have to pay exactly the same as another person of whom, is getting way more value than I (Either buckle down and make these deals or lower the price.. honestly..)
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Lynnette

Quote from: Cayenne on April 26, 2015, 10:15:03 AM
Canadian region, which means I get a bit, but not as much as if I lived in the United States. Which is a bummer since there have been a few times where I see something on the illegal places and when I search for it I find that it's on crunchyroll, but not for me.  Honestly there needs to be a website where they tell you where to get each anime in your region and which ones are in limbo so you can make the pirate or no choice yourself.

Probably the reason I don't have Netflix is that it is complete garbage in Canada, so I don't see why I should have to pay exactly the same as another person of whom, is getting way more value than I (Either buckle down and make these deals or lower the price.. honestly..)

Yeah, it sucks that the prices don't scale with the selection in your county, since after all, you're paying the same (or more depending on USD-to-local-economy scaling) for less. And now Netflix is shitting on VPN-users as well, which makes it even less usable than it was before, in my region anyways.

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Drake Valentine

I wasn't aware of a such thing as region locked anime.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Cayenne

Licensing issues where someone in Europe might have the rights to Naruto or some such, and not particularly want to have Crunchyroll or other things streaming it.

Or Funamation might get the US rights, and Crunchyroll another countries.

It is just blah.
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

yugi006

I know a majoity of Funimation titles don't make it to Crunchyroll cause it's licensed obviously and they have their own streaming service but a couple due make it over like World Trigger and One Piece which is a Funimation title so I don't down what the deal is. Maybe it's Toei that has a deal with Crunchyroll.

ScarletPrincess

I started watching Owari no Seraph recently, and I'm liking that so far. And I've also been casually watching Sound Euphonium and the new Jojo season.

Raef

*Waves to Scarlet*

- I've recently just finished watching No Game No Life again...why you might ask? Well because its friggin fan-friggin-tastic, thats why!

- Still watching Naruto while wearing my Hidden Leaf forehead protector  8-) ...Fillers are a bit irritating but ah well, its still awesome as heck!

Because of Scarlet (Yes I'm blaming you :P +in a good way)  I have started watching Pokemon from episode *drum rolls* 1!

I remember why I had a super nerdy crush on Misty now...its all because of episode 2 when she was sunbathing in the forest with the Beedrills  :-[
ONs and OFFs
My Kinks
~~BUSY AS A BUZZING BEE IRL - POSTING WILL BE DELAYED - Sorry Peeps ~~

NicciKotor

No Game No Life is amazing and Jibril is just the best. Too bad none of us can show that anime to polite company due to the amount of loli's in it.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Raef

Too true.

But you know, the creators really thought it out and it wasnt just a rubbish serialization that was just loli ecchi driven...well it had a lot of that lol and incest undertones but the fact is, the story was friggin mind blowingly awesome. The mind games and intellectual play was orgasmic to say the least.
ONs and OFFs
My Kinks

NicciKotor

Same problem Kill la Kill has. Awesome anime, cannot show it to "normal" people.

Raef

Oh Kill la Kill makes me laugh. Such an awesome anime. *hi5 NicciKotor!*

Wait...who is normal here...

<.<
>.>
>.<

Normal is boring :P I think everyone should fall madly in love with anime! Otaku Unite!
ONs and OFFs
My Kinks

Cayenne

Yeah, I show Kill La Kill to someone all enthusiastically but I forget I've been desensitized by so many years of anime that I tend to let a lot roll off my shoulders! No Game No Life was amazing, right up there with season one Log Horizon and Kill La Kill~  (All for very different reasons..)

I can't really think of a new show this season that has struck me like that.  The last super great one I can think of was "Barakamon" Which was SO ADORABLE AND AWESOME..~

ONs & OFF

ScarletPrincess

Yeah, No Game No Life and Kill la Kill were both really good. I can't wait for a second season of No Game!

Raef

"Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" is pretty good.
ONs and OFFs
My Kinks

NicciKotor

That anime is giving me plenty of lewd ideas for lewd pathfinder games.

ScarletPrincess

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 27, 2015, 05:30:58 PM
That anime is giving me plenty of lewd ideas for lewd pathfinder games.

Ooh! Lewd Pathfinder sounds like fun ^-^ You do mean like the D&D system, right?

I still haven't gotten around to watching the Dungeon one, but it's kind of on my list.

msa24680

Just started watching Death Parade - really awesome so far!!

NicciKotor

Quote from: ScarletPrincess on April 27, 2015, 06:35:25 PM
Ooh! Lewd Pathfinder sounds like fun ^-^ You do mean like the D&D system, right?

I still haven't gotten around to watching the Dungeon one, but it's kind of on my list.

Yes in the D&D sense.

yugi006

Anime I'm watching from this season:

Ghost in the Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Knights of Sidonia Season 2
Plastic Memories
Food Wars
Denpa Kiyoshi
Kekkai Sensen
Owari no Seraph
Sound Euphonium
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon
Triage X

Wajin

Quote from: yugi006 on April 28, 2015, 12:29:49 AM
Anime I'm watching from this season:

Ghost in the Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Knights of Sidonia Season 2
Plastic Memories
Food Wars
Denpa Kiyoshi
Kekkai Sensen
Owari no Seraph
Sound Euphonium
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon
Triage X

Kekkai Sensen is so, so hilarious :D

Owari no Seraph is proving better than I anticipated

Shokugeki no Soma is just.... fantastic :D
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

yugi006

Kekkai Sensen is so weird but still enjoyable.

Cayenne

I think I am officially on board for Sound Euphonium~ Episode three really helped solidify it~

ONs & OFF

Sasquatch421

Ya know I tried to watch an episode of Kill la Kill, but ended up falling asleep...

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on April 29, 2015, 11:06:52 PM
Ya know I tried to watch an episode of Kill la Kill, but ended up falling asleep...

My IQ dropped when I watched it.

So I had to watch Baka to Test to bring it back up.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused}