News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Control panel gone?

Started by Ravensahnk, February 21, 2012, 02:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravensahnk

Okay so I figured I'd try to clear out some unwanted programs that I don't use on my computer that I distinctly remember pressing "accept" to download.  I uninstalled 7 zip and when It finished my screen went blank and then all of my icons returned after a second or two.  I thought nothing of it and clicked into my control panel again.

The icons are there, but I wanted to uninstall more programs so when I hit programs nothing showed up except an icon for Java.  Uncertain of what I did, I went to do a system restore and now it's telling me that it cannot do that either.  I'm afraid to shut my computer down because what if it doesn't turn back on?  I'm thinking something got swiped clear or something but I have no idea how to fix it...HELLLLP PLEASE.

Autumn Sativus

Restart your computer and for the entire time it is loading, mash the F7 button. This should bring up a menu that will include System Restore as an option. If F7 does not work, some computers use F8.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ravensahnk

Thank you. I will see if it works.  I am debating on redoing the whole computer entirely but am unsure of how to do it.  I have the disks for it. .I just don't know how to do it to ensure no viruses are there.