Interest Check: Very Unusual Families - Need some Men-folk!

Started by Red Offerings, April 20, 2013, 10:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

Hi. So, I'm curious to see if there's anyone who would be interested in an RP that evolved around the interactions and goings-on between three very unusual families. I have the family description already typed up, but I wanted to first get an idea if anyone would be interested. This RP would probably end up in the Light Humans Small or Large Groups forum depending on the level of interest. Here's a small introduction:

A trio of unique families are the setting of this untold tale. It is 1900, Salem, Massachusetts, a town with a vivid history that is filled with blood, lies, and greed. Once the location of the famous Witch Trials, where many men and women, accused of witchcraft were hanged, it only seems a fitting location for these families to have rooted themselves. All have lived in Salem for many years, and it is quite ironic that none of them are friendly with the other, considering general society and 'normal' families shirk them as well. Let us introduce ourselves...

Please click HERE to go to the OOC thread where more information AND a character sheet awaits!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Koekje

This has a lot of opportunity, and it would seem like something fun to do. Count me in!

But if all the families are not agreeing with each other, will we be seeing a lot of non-con or Romeo-Juliet-esque love situations? Love triangles?
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Red Offerings

Well, that would all depend on the personality of the players. There's a lot of opportunity for all kinds of conflict though, that's for sure. Since I had a bite, I'm going to go ahead and post the descriptions of the families.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Red Offerings

The Del Munoz Family 1oo2 Essex Street
Having imigrated to the United States well over a century ago from Spain, the Del Munoz family carries an old wealth dating back to some of the earlier rulers of the country. They have lived in a large estate that was originally owned by one of the accused of the Salem Witch Trials. What makes the Del Munoz family so unique, is that nearly each member of their family is rumored to have been dead at one time or another. Either by a dramatic suicide, a greedy murder, or a mysterious illness, there is hardly a one of them who, the normal families that live on the same quiet street as they do are certain hasn't been carried out of the house at some point with a sheet draped over their bodies. How then, they return is even more of a mystery, and it makes this family one of the most frightening ones on the street. Their house is of the darkest wood, and is rarely well lit, making it more than just eerie in the night. As the introduction states, they have never gotten along with the two other strange families on the block, and never intend to.

In truth, you might compare the Del Munoz family to the Adams Family. They're a strange sort of undead type - who aren't all green, brain dead, slobbering flesh eaters. In truth, aside from an unusual palor, they are essentially normal. The general physical traits of the Del Munoz is dark brown to black hair, with green, grey, or brown eyes. Their height is usually 5'9'' at the most for males, and 5'7'' and below for their women.

The McGrath Family 1oo5 Essex Street
This family has just immigrated from Scotland in the past century. Their roots lay in the celtic soil of their motherland, and they were suspected of witchcraft during the witch burning era in Europe. In truth, they lost quite a few family members for the claims of heresy and practising the dark arts. This explains why they might migrate from Scotland, for fear of further persecution. They are a slightly smaller family, and their prejudices of the other two run deep. It may be true, this rumor of witchery, as there seems to be an abundance of felines who tend to lounge about particularly content in the front yard of one of the first large homes ever built in Salem. Later, this house would be used in a book named 'The House of Seven Gables'. But sometimes there are gatherings in the large drawing room, and before the curtains have been pulled, the average passersby have been quoted as seeing a peculiar candle formation on the floor of the large room with various figures of the family gathered around and wearing dark robes.

In truth, the McGrath family has been practicing witchcraft for ages. They have an unusually extensive knowledge of fae folk, and are most comparable to Wiccan's, if you must compare them to anything. They also claim to know just how and why the famous Stone Henge was built! Because of their purely Scottish descent, the members of the McGrath family tend to be fair skinned, though certainly not as fair as the Del Munoz family. Their hair is usually varying shades of red, blonde, or even light brown, and their eyes tend to be of almost any pigment, though brown is the least popular. The men of McGrath are usually around 5'10'' and below, while the women are typically no taller than 5'6''.

The Todd Family 1o1o Essex Street
There isn't any real history of the Todd Family. Reportedly, they originate in London, England, but if one were to go by historical knowledge, the vast majority of the Todd Family has seemed to have been wiped out within the past fifty years! One of them was reportedly murdered by the never captured Jack the Ripper! It seems this family was plagued by a series of fatal mishaps, from dying during bombing in World War I, to being discovered, mysteriously murdered, or evening succumbing to plague earlier on. A house and family full of ghosts? That's what many neighbors think! Their home is immensely quiet, the quietest on the street, though from time to time there are eerie noises that can often be heard. As a matter of fact, has there ever even been a lit candle in the house? The Todd's estate is old, and minimally cared for, it--by description alone-- fits the stereotype of a haunted house!

In truth, that's right - the Todd's are ghosts! However they are almost all old ghosts, and have long since mastered the abilities of physical manifestation. They can easily appear as solid as either you or I, speak, and can even eat, even though they certainly don't need to. This does take a lot of power, and they do rest primarily at night, which is why their house is so quiet. However they can also make themselves as unsolidified as possible too, thus making it possible for them to pass through walls, and other some such which makes them very creepy. They often have a knack for manifesting just out of nowhere, appearing suddenly behind someone when he or she was certain they were walking down the street alone. The Todd's tend to strongly distrust the Del Munoz family because of their apparent skill at avoiding death totally. And they truly disdain the McGrath's simply for their abilities to manipulate that which shouldn't ever be manipulated. This family seems to have no real characteristic. When completely corporeal, they can be fair skinned, or have a slightly darker tone, though never tan - London is a foggy, cloudy place - and have mostly brown to blonde hair. Their eyes seem to have no limit in color, ranging from brown, to blue, or green. The Todd's tend to be very slim in build, and tall, ranging from 6' foot and below for males, and 5'8'' and lower for females.

Koekje

Count me in for a member of the Del Munoz family :)
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Red Offerings

Quote from: Koekje on April 21, 2013, 06:09:53 AM
Count me in for a member of the Del Munoz family :)

Sweet! I haven't quite decided what I'll pick. More than likely it'll be either a Todd or McGrath. If I can get one more person to be willing to participate, I'll go ahead and make an actual thread.

phoenyx

OMG! I have a char pic PERFECT for the McGrath Family... maybe...  please please please heheh. Sorry am running around like crazy at the moment since it's my Friday Night... Stumbled on this... and since the last Story Idea was so cool, figured I'd scope out another. *grins* i'll PM you the pic, and you can decide...
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 21, 2013, 11:07:12 PM
OMG! I have a char pic PERFECT for the McGrath Family... maybe...  please please please heheh. Sorry am running around like crazy at the moment since it's my Friday Night... Stumbled on this... and since the last Story Idea was so cool, figured I'd scope out another. *grins* i'll PM you the pic, and you can decide...

Sure!

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

I'm about to head out for the night. I have updated every thread.

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Thank ya! I'll post tomorrow, it'll probably be in the forest thread though.

phoenyx

well of course... and a question for when you arrive.. can i use the Char Skel from the other thread? slightly modified for here of course.

O/O

JamesSureWould

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 22, 2013, 09:39:04 PM
well of course... and a question for when you arrive.. can i use the Char Skel from the other thread? slightly modified for here of course.

The purple fortune teller? Sure if you want.

Quote from: JamesSureWould on April 22, 2013, 09:45:04 PM
This is pretty cool. Care for one more person?

Definitely! I suppose I'll go ahead and create a thread for this puppy then since we have some interest.

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

I'm wondering which thread I should put this baby in. You think the Light-Humans thread would work?

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

wellllll.... i've always been told we can ask a Mod to move it should it take such a turn.... me personally I usually put things in freeform just cuz the creativity doesn't have to worry about being stifled :P but that's just me...

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

ok working on char sheet. stuck at background atm... but almost done...

O/O

Red Offerings

I would still like at least one more person in this puppy before I create the thread.

lovelygirl

Would love to be part of the Todd family. I'll be out most of the day Thursday but can work up a character for you if you'll have me.
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!