A movie you associate with your child hood?

Started by theonewhoknocks, September 24, 2014, 02:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CassieBear

Quote from: weatheredshade on September 20, 2017, 02:03:04 AM
Space Jam. I am 25 and I watched this film more times than days I have lived. I have lived more than 9000 days.  I have seen this film at least 10,000 times

I literally watched this a couple days ago with the love. Still love it. And the song is still stuck in my head.

OT: Hocus Pocus
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

Captain Maltese

Watership Down, the movie - not the serial. It was one of the scariest movies I had seen by then. What was I, 12? A depiction of lives in fear and hope and dreams. The scenes were downright terrifying. The brave Hazel, little Fiver the seer, Bigwig the warrior, Blackberry the clever one... Kehaar the crazy featherball. The General, ruthless and powerful and a fighter to the last. And the heroes of the dreamworld; Frith the wise, El-Ahrairah the trickster, and finally the Black Rabbit who awaits us all. I have rarely seen a movie this rich on impressions. It is hard to believe that it's just a story about a handful of rabbits.

Damnit all. Now I need to hunt down the book and read it again. No, I won't see the movie again because the artwork has been left behind by technology's progress. But the tales are timeless.

- “Rabbits (says Mr. Lockley) are like human beings in many ways. One of these is certainly their staunch ability to withstand disaster and to let the stream of their life carry them along, past reaches of terror and loss. They have a certain quality which it would not be accurate to describe as callousness or indifference. It is, rather, a blessedly circumscribed imagination and an intuitive feeling that Life is Now. A foraging wild creature, intent above all upon survival, is as strong as the grass.”

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

JustAlexander

I’ve got a three way tie and they’re all Disney movies.  Mulan, Tarzan, and Hercules.  I still love the stories and the music from all of them.

SeraphAzriel

Castle In the Sky.  Definitely hafta be that one.  I first saw it at my best friend's house.  Probably the first Studio Ghibli film that I ever saw. 

CassieBear

Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

HannibalBarca

Being 48, there were few films I saw multiple times.  Wizard of Oz was a must see the one time a year they showed in on television.  For theater films, though, the one movie that planted a flag for imagination and dreams was Star Wars.  My family went to see it in the drive-in theater, and it was a triple feature-not three different films, but three showings of Star Wars.  Nothing has kept me breathless through the entire film like that film, let alone three straight viewings.

After that, Empire Strikes Back.  If Star Wars was the flagship of my childhood, Empire was the entrance to my adolescence.  God, did I ever have a crush on Carrie Fisher.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Caelia

Any Land Before Time movie. Seriously, I had all of them on VHS and I watched them back to back. I had nearly all the songs memorized and if I was in another room, I could instantly recognize the voices of the characters and come running. And even as an adult I still cherish the movies, even if there is like fourteen or fifteen of them now  ;D

midnightblack

I had the first Land Before Time on VHS, together with Jurassic Park. Our country was fresh out of communism, and all this stuff was flooding the market as there was no copyright legislation whatsoever. It was a sort of Lawless East over here. A kind of pirate bay sprawled around markets and big shops, at first with VHS and audio tapes, and later on with compact disks. Fun times.   ::)

The Land Before Time must have been a fresher arrival, but I think Jurassic Park was a copy smuggled in before the revolution, as the tape was really poor quality and there was this voice-over done by someone who is now the most famous film critic in my country or something. She would paste her voice over the whole dialogue in a movie as a clandestine operation, as there were no subtitles and people didn't speak foreign languages. It was actually forbidden to watch foreign movies during the regime, as the communists believed that they were the means through which western imperialists planted the seeds of capitalist indoctrination. I'd go on about how passionately I hate those bastards to this very day, but that's a different topic.  ::) 

Though not technically "movies", I also had the first three episodes of Filmation's He-Man & The Masters of the Universe, done with the same voice-over. I cannot stress what an impact that animated series has had on my childhood. The pervert that I am today owes everything to that show.  ::)
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

TheDarkness1123

Quote from: JustAlexander on October 15, 2017, 07:49:18 PM
I’ve got a three way tie and they’re all Disney movies.  Mulan, Tarzan, and Hercules.  I still love the stories and the music from all of them.

Me too. But I also associate "A Bug's Life" with my childhood because it was the first movie I watched in a cinema and I find the movie amazing to this day.

TheHighwayHitman

Wow.

Let's see.

Ghostbusters
Ninja Turtles
A Tale of Two Critters
G.I.Joe the Movie (animated)
Beetlejuice
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Dick Tracy
Arachniphobia
And the first movie I have memories of...
The Warriors

Flower

This is a hard question. I was a bit of a Disney Nut as well growing up. It was either the Lion King or Beauty and the Beast that we watched so much that the tape messed up.

RedRose

Apart from the 80s and 90s stuff, I have an older father who's a fan of movies so I grew up with tons of things like Laurel & Hardy, Charlie Chaplin...
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Shekinah

The Way of the Dragon, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and also Star Wars

Why don’t we drink to me and my reflection in your lovely eyes?

My O/O's
Have you taken care of yourself today?

RedRose

O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Daena

Currently Not Seeking New Rp Partners.

Countdown0

Space Jam... and now I'm gonna listen to the song. You ALL know the song.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Kurogane

Nico

Jurassic Park.

I remember that I really liked Dinosaurs when I was a kid.

RedRose

I still like them… Never grew up lol. There's this Jurassic Park app...

Lyron

Two movies that really stick out from my childhood are Fox and the Hound and Indian in the Cupboard.

And while it's certainly not a childhood movie for me, it's hard not to feel nostalgic after watching Toy Story 3. :P

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Trilby

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on September 24, 2014, 02:31:48 PM
I'm a total Disney Princess fangirl and got to see a special showing of "Sleeping Beauty" when I was six.  I dreamed of and fantasized about that movie for years.  Still do as a matter of fact.

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on October 13, 2014, 10:24:33 PM
A few, actually. Disney movies in general (<3 Sleeping Beauty, if you guys couldn't guess).  Pagemaster. Fantasia. Labyrinth. Princess Bride. Fern Gully.

For all you Sleeping Beauty fans out there, I have to indulge in a little brag.  I've met Mary Costa, the voice of Princess Aurora. 

Ms. Costa was born near where I live, and when her career was winding down, she returned to her hometown.  I first met her when I worked backstage for the local opera company when she sang "La Traviata", and I've run into her several times by chance because we share the same vet. 

As for childhood movies: The original "Mary Poppins", "Camelot" (because my mother played the Broadway cast album non-stop), and on Saturday mornings, reruns of the Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland "The Adventures of Robin Hood".  I still watch that movie every time it crops up on cable.

-- Trilby

Madam Striga

The Land Before Time is a big one for me. But I also had a stage where I was obsessed with Mars Attacks for a time.

GamerNRose22

Air Force One, Independence Day, and Twister my little brother and I wore those VHS tapes out.

Giantmutantcrab

Labyrinth.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Blade Runner.
2001 Space Odyssey.
Rocky 1-2 (let's face it, it's one long movie cut in half).
Rambo 1.
Conan the Barbarian.
Willow.
The Neverending Story.
Back to the Future.
Terminator.
He-Man.

Probably a few dozen others I'm not remembering at this moment.