News:

Main Menu

Drawing Porkins

Started by Spookie Monster, August 02, 2008, 05:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

O.K., this is the situation: A while ago I discovered a page on StarWars.com dedicated to drawing Jek Porkins.  You remember ol' Porkins: In Star Wars, he was the noble, rotund X-wing pilot who got shot down during the Battle of Yavin.  For some strange reason this page was in the kids' section of StarWars.com.  Anyhow, I felt that the good members of Elliquiy would get a kick out of it, and so I decided to link to it here on the forums.  "Wow, that Spel is a swell fellow," everyone would say.  "I wish that I was as cool as Spel," everyone would say.  "I wonder if there's anything that I can do for Spel," the ladies would say.

When I recently tried to visit the page in question, however, I received bad news:

Requested page not found

"WHAT?  HOW?"  I was furious.  FURIOUS.

I searched the site.

The page was NOWHERE.

"WHY?"

After much fretting, however, I suddenly remembered the Wayback Machine.  A few clicks later:

Drawing Porkins

Thank you, Wayback Machine!  You've come through for me on more than one occasion.

So, good members of Elliquiy, what say you?  Are you bold enough to draw one of the heroes of Star Wars?  Know this: Anybody who draws Porkins and provides a link to the results will get a delicious digital cookie!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Le RandomBloke

Failed Connection.

;_;

Also, your name means Game in dutch. So there, a useless fact!

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Spookie Monster

Quote from: RandomBloke on August 02, 2008, 05:47:17 AMFailed Connection.

;_;

Also, your name means Game in dutch. So there, a useless fact!

Poodoo.  Are you still unable to visit the site, RandomBloke?  I myself have never had any trouble.  That said, I know that occasionally the Wayback Machine can be a pain.  Thanks for trying, and please do try again!

And, naturally, I encourage everybody else to check out the site, too.  Ladies and gentlemen, maidens and monsters, let us memorialize this great hero!

Perhaps this is the Emperor's doing, actually...

By the way, RandomBloke, thanks for noting that my name means game in Dutch.  When it comes to trivia, shall we say that I'm... game?  (Sorry.)  May you never suffer from randomitis or be forced to undergo a blokectomy!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~