Stranded, Extreme Pathfinder

Started by Jaded, September 08, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Kayrelee (Elf, Hunter (If Hunter is acceptable))

Kayrelee's tribe were trackers and hunters, allies of tree and panther, separated from the elves of the high forests by millenia of tradition birthed from an ancient disagreement between two elf lords. Over time, they deliberately spurned the ways of their distant brethren, and while they still respected beauty, they found it more in the forests and jungles that surrounded them rather than in craftsmanship and art. But the tribes were small; their hunter-gatherer way of life required them to be constantly on the move, and they required more land to support fewer elves.

They had skirmished throughout living memory (and an elf's living memory is a thing to be reckoned with) against the orcs near the edge of the badlands, but they had rarely pushed what advantages they gained. They were content to be left alone, when they could drive interlopers away.

Then, less than a decade ago as humans reckon time, the orcs had gained a new leader; a half-breed of tall, strong stature who drove them to battle with cunning and perseverance. The newcomer came from other lands, spoke another tongue, used other tactics. Kayrelee's tribe lost ground, at first...And then they lost their warchief. Soon, they were hunted, on the run. But the orcs were paying a terrible price as well. The pressure that was driving them into the jungle was the advance of human troops and settlements behind them. Soon there were few orcs left, and few elves. The humans came and made the tall trees their own, to be cut or burned and replaced with planted fields.

They harbored no ill-will towards Kayrelee, and over time, she learned to speak with some of them. Some few druids of her people tried to stem the tide of the newcomers, but Kayrelee could plainly see that it was far too late for that.

But it wasn't too late to find the half-orc. He was a mercenary, she learned; a strange idea for someone still trying to grasp the use of coinage. One who killed for pay? Betrayed his own people (if the orcs were his people) for pay? The half-orc had driven the orcs to war deliberately, to weaken them and the elves so that some faraway king could have lumber for his ships.

Kayrelee tracked the lumber down the rivers, tracked word of the half-orc. She grew more understanding of the ways of the civilized, although she never truly fit in, and frequently she was made to understand that she was an outsider, one who did not truly know how to negotiate their trade.

The human's king, their great leader, she finally came to understand was far beyond her power. And he had shed none of her people's blood. His hand in their deaths was confused. She followed the half-orc, and the wood, down to the sea, and finally bargained most of the last of her coins for passage aboard a ship, one which she was told would take her to the place he had been bound for.

Now the storm has come, and left Kayrelee and her panther on a strange shore. Somehow, she must find her way out of this place and pick up the faint rumors of the half-orc's trail once more.

Smut
Non-consensual (Exotic) - Sounds delicious, and the more exotic the merrier!

Body Transformation - Totally open to the idea. Several folks have commented that if the proportions become so extreme that the character can't really move or participate, well...That's effectively the end of playing the character, isn't it? Unless it's temporary...

Pain/Light Torture - Yes, please, may I have some more?

Bondage - Absolutely. All sorts.

Animals - Definitely. ("Say, why does your animal companion have points spent in the 'Ride' skill?")

Impregnation - Interesting! I actually can't say I've RPed it before, but it's, well, something I've thought about (fantasy impregnation being far more attractive than reality.).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Vorian

Very interested if you take a second wave
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Jaded on September 13, 2015, 01:53:50 AMI'd prefer not if there is a different mystery you'd be willing to take, but if it is key to the character I guess is fine.

Uuh, well, it is necessarily for that character, but im making a character right? So i can just change them around to something else and rebuild the personality/story.

My second option is less sexy though, such terrible woe *drama-swoon!*  ;D

Muse

Meena Grail

Name:      Meena Grail
Alignment:      Lawful Good
Class:      Paladin 1
EXP:         0
Next Level:   1,000
Faith:         Iomedae
Race:         Human

Birthday:      11th day, 7th month. 
height:      6’3”
Weight:      200lbs
Measures:       36”D, 24” 30”   
Skin:         Tanned 
Hair:         Hip length blond. 
Eyes:      Sapphire eyes. 
Style:      Chainmail Bikini
History:      A well to do city girl from Andoran, Meena is the third child of Marco Grail--an organist--and Leena Salamin-Grail--a wizard.  Meena lacked the aptitude for mother’s trade, but was charming, physically fit, and very strong.  Despite being a little bit klutzy, she excelled in the dance classes she took as a girl.  Her father hoped she might enroll in a bardic college--as he had done. 
   The Faith of Iomedae drew her like a siren’s call, especially the tales of the warrior goddess’s life as a mortal shieldmaiden.  Meena asked several times for lessons in swordsmanship, but was too well known as a klutz for her parents to trust her with implements of destruction.  She applied at the church of Iomedae to become a priestess, but lacked that aptitude as well.  The high priestess put faith in her that her parents did not, and in her fourteenth year Meena was apprenticed to the temple guard.  One her sixteenth birthday, a vision from Iomedae marked her calling to become a paladin.  It was the happiest day of her life. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

Name:  Summer Van Cour
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue

Short Description:  Summer is a stunning blonde bombshell and she knows it.  She has curly golden hair with sharp acidic green eyes.  She has a sultry manner of moving, and her skin is slightly sun-kissed.

Short Background:  Summer is always getting into trouble.  When she married her husband, the couple had to flee Talavor because her pimp wasn't happy that he had lost his best prostitute.  When her husband caught her in bed with two butlers, he had Summer thrown into jail for adultery.  And just when Summer had charmed her way into the warden's bed, the goddamn boat sank and now she's here.

Summer has a somewhat dubious background, but at least she's not a strung-out tweaker like those other half-elves from Talavor's slums.  Her parents were displaced refugees and died of scarlet fever shortly after they arrived, thus forcing Summer to live on the streets.  She somehow survived by begging, busking, and stealing.  When she came of age, she dabbled in several unsavory occupations like assassinations, extortions, strong-arm robberies, smuggling, drug trafficking, and prostitution.  Actually, she just really liked to hang out with unsavory characters who would fuck her after they committed crimes.

Smut

Non-consensual (exotic)
Yes, please.

Body Transformation
Yes, please.

Pain/Light Torture
Yes, please.

Bondage
Yes, please.

Animals
Anthropomorphic animals, yes.  Regular animals?  No.  Monsters?  Yes.

Impregnation
Yes, please.

Requests and Charsheet Draft
No Requests.

Tyra
Human rogue 1
CG Medium humanoid (half-elf)
Init +2; Senses Perception +4
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (30 ft. in armor)
Melee Rapier +4 (1d6 18-20) or
. . Shortbow +4 (1d6 /19-20)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Weapon Finesse, Skill Focus (Acrobatics)
Traits   Poverty Stricken, Caretaker
Skills   Acrobatics +9, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Disable Device +6, Escape Artist +6,  Perception +8, Perform (Sex) +8, Stealth +6, Survival +6
Languages Common, Elven
SQ Trapfinding, Sneak Attack +1d6
Other Gear studded leather armor, rapier, shortbow with arrows, thieves tools;
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

[/quote]
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

VonDoom

Nice to see a Rogue!

Though, your sheet still has my character's name on it.  XD

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Jaded

Thank you for putting in the effort to create characters and apply everyone!  I really appreciate it and feel horrible I can't accept everyone right now. :-(  But I don't think I am up for launching a game with that many.  If I didn't pick your character please don't take it personally, I spent way too long focusing on which characters to take and still had to go random for some.  If you would like to be considered for 'wave 2' as I am dubbing it, a second group of characters that I hope to introduce after things are settled a bit (and if there is any attrition), please let me know!  I do think the concept will benefit from more people, I just don't think I am up to starting with that many. 

Below is who I ended up with:

CarnivalOfTheGoat: Elf Hunter
Sain: Catfolk Sorcerer
ExisD: Human Alchemist
Muse: Human Paladin
Nazora: Human Cleric
Blinkin: Human Ranger

Sorry again if I didn't take your character for now.  :-(

The OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236542.0
The Character Sheet Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236543.0

Quote from: Blinkin on September 13, 2015, 05:10:38 AM
Question about favored enemy for the ranger.

Would you give me some idea of what might be commonly encountered early on? I hate to have a major class feature totally useless at 1st level because I chose a common race (goblins for example) and never encounter a goblin. Know what I mean?

The standard monsters are likely to show up at some point (goblinoids, orcs, humans, undead), but I do have a few different things in mind depending on the character's choices early on so I can't swear one or another will show up at first level for your character.

eBadger

Grats to those accepted! 

I would definitely be interested in a second wave/replacement spot. 

VonDoom

O&O

Jaded

Due to a few players dropping, I am looking for 4 or so new characters/players to form a second group that will (hopefully) eventually link up with the existing one.  Please see the first post if interested.

VonDoom

Potentially interested. I'd put forth my original character application, Tyra. (Certainly wouldn't mind redoing the dice rolls since it's effectively a new group, but with my luck they'd probably end up even more terrible.)

O&O

Chulanowa

Still interested, though likely with a different character than my initial submission. Gimme a little thinkin' cap time  :-)

Vorian

Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas

Vorian

I would like to play a Sorcerer, leaning towards Dreamspun bloodline with Starsoul and Fey as alternate possibilities. I'll put together a full profile tomorrow depending on which of those is available.
Ideas

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Jaded on October 29, 2015, 01:18:57 AM
Due to a few players dropping, I am looking for 4 or so new characters/players to form a second group that will (hopefully) eventually link up with the existing one.  Please see the first post if interested.
Whats the current group makeup, out of curiosity?

Sain

I'm playing a catgirl sorceress, Muse plays a chainmailbikinipaladin, Nazora plays a pretty princess cleric and we have eBadger on a rather assertive Strix Skald

But I don't think it was important to have a balanced party mechanics wise.

e. And blinkin has a ranger.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

schnookums

Ooh, I'd be interested too, although there seems to be plenty of interest prior to mine.

Zenkai

If you're not averse to master summoners, I'd play a half-elven one.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: schnookums on October 29, 2015, 06:23:36 PM
Ooh, I'd be interested too, although there seems to be plenty of interest prior to mine.
Dont let that stop you, Jaded will pick the players they preferr, not whoever happened to post first :P

Jaded

Quote from: VonDoom on October 29, 2015, 01:32:49 AM
Potentially interested. I'd put forth my original character application, Tyra. (Certainly wouldn't mind redoing the dice rolls since it's effectively a new group, but with my luck they'd probably end up even more terrible.)

You can reroll if you'd like.

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 29, 2015, 01:33:05 AM
Still interested, though likely with a different character than my initial submission. Gimme a little thinkin' cap time  :-)

Sounds good. :-)

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 29, 2015, 04:49:34 PM
Whats the current group makeup, out of curiosity?

What Sain posted, though I won't be looking for group balance so go with what you are interested in playing.

Quote from: schnookums on October 29, 2015, 06:23:36 PM

I'll give it a couple of days (not sure precisely when, probably early next week) then decide which characters to add (I always feel bad rejecting, but don't like doing first come first served).

Quote from: Zenkai on October 29, 2015, 06:32:45 PM
If you're not averse to master summoners, I'd play a half-elven one.

A master summoner is fine.

Chulanowa

My original dice rolls:

And just to see what I get, some fresh ones!
Result: 2, 5, 5, 3, 6, 3, = 16
Result: 6, 1, 5, 6, 5, = 17
Result: 5, 1, 6, 6, = 17
Result: 2, 4, 6, = 12
Result: 1, 1, 3, = 5
Result: 3, 1, = 4

Well, I was getting excited until those last two  :-\ Could turn those into a 7 and a 6, I guess, but ouch. even on dump stats, ouch! Guess I could make a Paladin who can throw boulders and charm dragons, but has to take off her shoes to recite the alphabet... Or just stick with the originals. yeesh.

VonDoom

Welp, definitely sticking with the old one, so won't even bother linking the rolls, but ...

(12, disregard, accidentally rolled 4d6 twice)

Probably more mechanically optimized, what with 18 12 10 10 10 8 after +4 and with another +2 from racials to put in, but I'll keep my mediocre allrounder set from before.

O&O

ChaoticSky

Also worth asking, its been a few months and the information is all up proper on the SRD now, so do you still feel lukewarm to occult classes, Jaded?

Vorian

First draft, I'll flesh it out more tomorrow if Dreamspun is approved (no idea what's considered core or not in Pathfinder), if not I have a different idea for a Fey bloodline.

Aislin, Human Sorcerer (Dreamspun)

Description

Height: 5'6"
Languages: Common, Aquan, Auran
Background: Aislin is the daughter of a port-town tavern maid and a seagoing Sorcerer who traces his bloodline back to an Oracle of a sea god, raised by her mother. Her father's bloodline gifted her with the ability to see into dreams and a natural talent for the magics of sea and wind. She was always drawn both to the sea itself, and the possibility of adventure and exploration it held. She grew up taking odd jobs on the dock for a bit of coin to help make ends meet, and an opportunity to hear stories from abroad. As soon as she came of age she boarded the first ship available as the apprentice of the crew's aging weather mage, who died in the wreck. She is enthusiastic and endlessly curious, but a bit absent minded.

Stats

Rolls:
At 2015-10-30 16:34:46, Aislin (uid: 43816) rolls: 6d6k3 Result: 15 +3 +2 Racial (Human)
At 2015-10-30 16:36:29, Aislin (uid: 43816) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 11
At 2015-10-30 16:37:33, Aislin (uid: 43816) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13 +1
At 2015-10-30 16:37:51, Aislin (uid: 43816) rolls: 3d6k3 Result: 11
At 2015-10-30 16:38:15, Aislin (uid: 43816) rolls: 3d6k3 Result: 7
At 2015-10-30 16:38:38, Aislin (uid: 43816) rolls: 2d6k2 Result: 9

Str = 7
Dex = 11
Con = 11
Int = 14
Wis = 9
Cha = 20
Alternate Racial Trait:
Heart of the Sea
Humans born near the sea are always drawn to it. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Profession (sailor) and Swim checks, and these are always class skills for them. They can hold their breath twice as long as normal, and spellcasters gain a +4 racial bonus on concentration checks when attempting to cast spells underwater. This racial trait replaces skilled.

Favored Class Bonus:
Sorcerer
Add one spell known from the sorcerer spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the sorcerer can cast.

Traits:
Dangerously Curious
You have always been intrigued by magic, possibly because you were the child of a magician or priest. You often snuck into your parent's laboratory or shrine to tinker with spell components and magic devices, and frequently caused quite a bit of damage and headaches for your parent as a result. You gain a +1 bonus on Use Magic Device checks, and Use Magic Device is always a class skill for you.
Friend in Every Town
You have no problem making friends and learning information from them wherever you go. You gain a +1 trait bonus on all Knowledge (local) checks and Diplomacy checks. One of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.

Skills: Diplomacy +6, Profession (sailor) +5, Swim +4, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +10
Feats:
Eschew Materials
You can cast many spells without needing to utilize minor material components.

Benefit: You can cast any spell with a material component costing 1 gp or less without needing that component. The casting of the spell still provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. If the spell requires a material component that costs more than 1 gp, you must have the material component on hand to cast the spell, as normal.
Expanded Arcana (x2)
Your research has revealed new spells.
Prerequisites: Caster level 1st, see Special.
Benefit: Add one spell from your class's spell list to your list of spells known. This is in addition to the number of spells normally gained at each new level in your class. You may instead add two spells from your class's spell list to your list of spells known, but both of these spells must be at least one level lower than the highest level spell you can cast in that class. Once made, these choices cannot be changed.
Special: You can only take this feat if you possess levels in a class whose spellcasting relies on a limited list of spells known, such as the bard, oracle, and sorcerer.
You can gain Expanded Arcana multiple times.

Spells:
Lv.0
Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mending, Prestidigitation
Lv.1 (5/day)
Alter Winds, Animate Rope, Hydraulic Push, Polypurpose Panacea

Smut
Non-Con - Big on, including most exotic creatures. Decaying undead are generally an off but Ghost are ok and well preserved undead can be.
Body Transformation - Generally ok with this and can be a big on. I do prefer there to be an ‘out’ of some sort in character if a particular transformation really isn’t working for me - like a new transformation overwriting the old. Specific ons include: Demonic, plant based, fox or cat based, draconic, fey, extra arms, futa.
Pain/Torture - On, no real limits as long as my character has the possibility of recovering physically
Bondage - Major on, bonus for webs, tentacles, and vines.
Animals - Ok in non-con scenarios, can be an on. Highly unlikely for this character to consent.
Impregnation - On, especially with weirder stuff.
Specific Ons - Tentacle play and similar, Spider and Snake based partners/attackers, multiple partners, enslavement
Offs - Bathroom play
Ideas

Jaded

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 30, 2015, 05:11:59 AM
Well, I was getting excited until those last two  :-\ Could turn those into a 7 and a 6, I guess, b ouch. even on dump stats, ouch! Guess I could make a Paladin who can throw boulders and charm dragons, but has to take off her shoes to recite the alphabet... Or just stick with the originals. yeesh.

Is a tough choice. ;)

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 30, 2015, 03:33:40 PM
Also worth asking, its been a few months and the information is all up proper on the SRD now, so do you still feel lukewarm to occult classes, Jaded?

Still not a big fan admittedly.  But if you want to toss in a concept using one it is fine.

Quote from: Vorian on October 30, 2015, 07:17:06 PM
First draft, I'll flesh it out more tomorrow if Dreamweaver is approved (no idea what's considered core or not in Pathfinder), if not I have a different idea for a Fey bloodline.

Looks good. :-) 

I tend to allow what is in: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/  (with possible exceptions)  Anything from the d20pfsrd is iffier though.

Do you mean Dreamspun from the Advanced Player's Guide?  If so it is fine.  The Dreamweaver stuff I can find is Witch/Changeling?