The Kingdom Of Alaywin - fantasy in an icy setting

Started by RedEve, December 25, 2013, 03:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeachyPuff

Here is the image I will be using for my character, in case anyone is interested.

- Rainbow

Chrystal

Dayum, I have fast cable broadband and that image timed out on me twice

I shudder to think how many days that would take to DL over dial-up!

Miss rainbow, I think it would be kind if you could post a reduced size version of it somewhere, please?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Chrystal on December 26, 2013, 06:01:57 PM
Miss rainbow, I think it would be kind if you could post a reduced size version of it somewhere, please?

I've done that and edited my post. Sorry about it's size! It was fine on my PC.

- Rainbow

Chrystal

Thanks, that took half a second to load, much beter....

Honestly, I haven't seen an image load as slowly as the original since I got cable!

Nice pic though. Definitely worth the wait! *grins*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Chrystal on December 26, 2013, 06:16:40 PM
Thanks, that took half a second to load, much beter....

Honestly, I haven't seen an image load as slowly as the original since I got cable!

Nice pic though. Definitely worth the wait! *grins*

No problem! Glad it helped and thank you very much (:

- Rainbow

RedEve

Two quick things:

I now have enough interest to start working on a character sheet template. Expect it to be added to the opening post soonish.

Secondly, there will be one small change to how the game begins. With the Vikings being weary and distrusting of the Assys in general, they will refuse to have their little sit-down in Blueport itself.
The compromise will be to have the meeting at a former settlement that lays somewhere halfway between their cities. This settlement would have been abandoned many decades ago and would be in a state of ruin.
The added benefit to this approach is that it will give the Viking characters something to do other than wait for the Assys to arrive.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

SGTDan

Interest has been quite overwhelming Eve

Color me interested

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

RedEve

Update: the opening post has now been edited to include the CS template.
I will now start accepting your CS submissions.
Take your time to write a good concept, this game will not be first come, first served.
The character sheets will be judged on merit, not on how quickly you get the to me.

Sara Nilsson

oo interesting  concept.. sooo tempting :) I might have to cook my brain and see if it can come up with some ideas

edit with a question, do you want the group to be mostly vikings or?

Ember Star

Oh, sooooo interested! If I didn't have so many games already! *twitches with ideas*
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

catherinehellfire

Could I be an Assy from one of the magical families?
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

RedEve

I assume you mean Assys?
And yes, you can certainly create such a character. 
One minor remark about the three Arcane families. The fact that some Assys are now even questioning whether Amargith still has true magical powers should tell you something about the degree in which their magic have faded. That means that many of the current family members would have no powers to speak of, and those that still do would be very limited in what they can do. So it is perfectly acceptable to play a member of one of the three families who has no real powers.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: RedEve on December 27, 2013, 12:25:38 PM
I assume you mean Assys?
And yes, you can certainly create such a character. 
One minor remark about the three Arcane families. The fact that some Assys are now even questioning whether Amargith still has true magical powers should tell you something about the degree in which their magic have faded. That means that many of the current family members would have no powers to speak of, and those that still do would be very limited in what they can do. So it is perfectly acceptable to play a member of one of the three families who has no real powers.

oo.. *rubs hands* so many ideas now

Chrystal

xPeachyPuff

Will try and get my character to you over the weekend, RedEve (:

- Rainbow

Oberon

I would like to go for an Assys ice ship commander if that's acceptable?
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.
A. Einstein

Chrystal

I'm assuming that the more traditional methods of moving on ice are still available, such as dog sleds?

Crimson Caine

Depends on which side.  The Vikings would have had horses, carts, wagons, sledges, skis, skates, or pack-horses.  And snow shoes.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Chrystal on December 27, 2013, 01:58:53 PM
I'm assuming that the more traditional methods of moving on ice are still available, such as dog sleds?

why not subbie sleds? lots of cuties harnessed up :) sorry.. ill go take a cold shower now

Crimson Caine

*pictures men and women in leather harnesses and furry boots and nothing else freezing bits off*

Hmmm... not sure how good of a method this is except for short travel. ;D
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread

Sara Nilsson

Crimson Caine

Hey, hey, I want to burst no one's bubbles.  It's a good dream. ;)

perhaps indoor transportation?  Those grand halls can be pretty long and... grand. 8-)
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread

Chrystal

Quote from: Crimson Caine on December 27, 2013, 02:02:40 PM
Depends on which side.  The Vikings would have had horses, carts, wagons, sledges, skis, skates, or pack-horses.  And snow shoes.

Depends on the climate.

Scandinavia (the real life home of the Vikings) is only under snow and ice for a few months each year. To my way of thinking this frozen continent is closer to Antarctica.

I am reminded of the epic race between Amundsen (ironically a Norwegian) and Scott. Amundsen took only dog sleds. Scot had ponies and carts. Amundsen got to nthe South Pole first and made it back alive. Scott died!

Dog sleds are a much more efficient means of transport in the frozen wastes that horses and wagons!

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on December 27, 2013, 02:02:56 PM
why not subbie sleds? lots of cuties harnessed up :) sorry.. ill go take a cold shower now

*giggles* You should have joined my Ice Planet RP, Sara.

Faustus

*raises hand* Question? How close to the historical representation of the Nordic/Rus people are we looking at? Culturally speaking, I suppose, is where I'm specifically questioning as you have already given us the particular era of development. . .  :-)

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

RedEve

Quote from: Faustus on December 27, 2013, 03:56:34 PM
*raises hand* Question? How close to the historical representation of the Nordic/Rus people are we looking at? Culturally speaking, I suppose, is where I'm specifically questioning as you have already given us the particular era of development. . .  :-)
My answer was specifically aimed at their technological development.
Culturally, they are not supposed to be a 1:1 equivalent of real-life Nordic people.