Big Dreams - Next Pop Group Sensation (Seeking 2f)

Started by TreyWalker, March 14, 2012, 06:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kdyami

I'm interested, let me see if my muse agrees and I'll try and post a character sheet tonight sometime.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Kdyami

This is what I got

Name: Greg Andrew Paice
Played by:Kdyami
Age and Birthdate: He is 24, born September 29th 1988.
Height and Weight: 6’3” and 195lbs.
Sexual Orientation: He would call himself bi-curious.  He enjoys women but has never had any problems involving other men in multiple partner “pairings” and has fantasized about exploring more though hasn’t acted on his thoughts to date.
Major: Bachelors in Music Performance (Contemporary Styles), with a minor in Audio Production.

Background: Greg grew up in a musical family, his mother was a piano teacher and his father a choir director for the local church.  Greg took piano lessons from his mother from a very early age but wasn't fond of the rigidness of classical music.  His father taught him to sing strong and loud.  The only other member of the family was Greg's older brother, Kyle.  Kyle was already 12 when Greg was born and as such rebelled against their parents most of Greg's younger years.  As such he moved out to college across the state.

At the age of 12 Greg walked into his brother’s room and found a black electric guitar. He picked it up and made some noise and has been playing ever since that day. After jamming with some friends in his basement they started getting some stuff together with a couple in a trailer in the middle of nowhere. The trailer was cold in the winter and infested by bees in the summer. The mic’s use to shock their lips because of grounding issues but they we started working on their own songs. Working with a great producer, tough times and having a Psycho girlfriend started to make some killer tunes.   All in small Town USA.  Greg realized he had to move to the city to be closer to the music scene and just how much he still had to learn. So he packed his bags and headed for college.  It was a big change for a small towner but he learned and he played building his skills and writing songs is what he did. His hard work paid off when an HR manager was invited to Greg’s senior showcase by one of his instructors and really liked what he heard.  Signing Greg and shipping him to Los Angeles at the end of Summer for a crash course at Musician’s Institute to pick up some band mates and then heading out on tour.  For now Greg is excited to be spending time with his friends, writing songs, and simply looking forward to what is to come.

Other: Greg is out spoken, outgoing and generally a nice helpful guy.  He dreams of being a famous rock star but has always tried to avoid the “egotistical, greedy, only out for himself and the dollar sign” mentality that can go with fame.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

TreyWalker

Okay, I've decided to get rid of the description of the guys and girls so we can be free to create who we want. Kdyami, you are accepted. Welcome aboard.

Arydanilov, those characters on the first page were just samples. If you really want to play Romeo you can if you write up your own bio for him.

I will be getting up a bio for my character at some point over the weekend.

AribethAmkiir

Interested.  Here's my character submission:

Name: Rachel Ransom
Age and Birthdate: 20 January 12, 1991
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Talent: Singing (country, rock, hip hop); dancing (pop-and-lock, jazz)
Background: Rachel was born and raised in Dallas, Texas to two loving and doting parents.  A cowgirl from an early age, she was riding a horse before she could walk.  It was discovered early that she had a gift for music and learned to read music and sing in the church choir.  She began learning how to dance at the age of nine after joining a local dance school because her friends were doing so.  Like singing, she was a fast learner and seemed to be a natural.  Her parents capitalized on her interests and enrolled her into private lessons for the next seven years.

By the age of sixteen, Rachel was already a local star.  Regardless of early success, her parents demanded that she finish high school before pursuing any type of career and refused to consider any offers by record labels.  By the time Rachel turned eighteen and graduated, the hype around her had cooled down.  Despite this, Rachel decided to pursue a career in music and moved to California in hopes of catching a break.  After thirteen months of nothing, Rachel enrolled at a community college and began taking general classes.  It wasn’t until a few months ago that she finally was recognized and offered a position with the group.

Other: Rachel is talented and isn't afraid of hard work.  She takes people at face value and trusts people until they prove they are untrustworthy.  She's not completely naive, despite her age and inexperience.  She's a sincere person who doesn't care for "high school" drama, backstabbing, or in-fighting.  She may try to sugarcoat it, but she isn't afraid to speak her mind either.

TreyWalker

Thanks for the application Aribeth. Do you have a picture to go with that. Once you do you'll be accepted.

AribethAmkiir

yup, for some reason the picture didn't code right.  Fixed it.   ;D

TreyWalker

Okay, your accepted. Welcome to the RP. I'll be getting an OOC thread up tonight most likely.

TreyWalker

Name: Olly Johnson
Played by: Trey Walker
Age and Birthdate: He is 22, born December 4th 1990.
Height and Weight: 6’0” and 185lbs.
Major: Self Taught

Background: Olly has always wanted to be in the music business. Since he was young he could be found singing, trying to learn instruments, dancing and doing sports. When he got older, the sports became less important. He fully focuses on his music and for four years from 16 to 20, that was all he did.

But after four years of not being able to reach the heights of stardom that he wanted, and not finding any work as a singer, a music producer or a writer, Olly stopped trying to become famous and started to hit the clubs as a DJ and just generally to party. Just under two years of his life were spent flirting with women, and drinking his worries away.

That was until he got a break. At a club whilst he was DJing, a performer no showed and Olly filled in. Fortunately for him some music executive's heard him and signed him up to be in a group.

Other: Olly was a confident straight forward guy, but then the lack of success knocked his confidence. He became a shell of himself, only alive when he was DJing or clubbing. He's now on a path trying to find his old self now that he's signed to this new group.

TreyWalker

AribethAmkiir

Are we only looking for another female or are we looking for both genders?

TreyWalker

TreyWalker

Just a check on current RP members, kdyami and aribeth, are you still interested?

AribethAmkiir

Kdyami

TreyWalker

IC Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=160999.0

The thread has been started so you can get an idea of what we are doing for potential RPers.

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

TreyWalker

Yes it does, if you want to submit a character bio there are still positions left.

TheRaven

Name: Samuel "Sammy" Gray
Played by: TheRaven
Age and Birthdate: 25, born August 9th, 1991
Height and Weight: 5'10" and 150 lbs.
Talent: Keyboard and vocal music. He's a baritone, if you wanna get specific.

Background: Sammy has a pretty easy background to describe. Suburban, upper-middle class, riding the bottom of the social ladder. Yeah, he was that kid. You told him Britney Spears? He'd take Siouxsie Sioux any day. He had a natural knack for music, particularly keyboards and vocals, discovered when his parents had him taking lessons as a little kid. He didn't exactly think the music business was where he would end up, but apparently a talent agent caught a few bars of his rendition of Mozart's 14th played in an upscale nightclub, and decided he was worth the investment on keyboarding alone.

When the act he was working with fell apart after an incident involving one member and another's girlfriend, he decided to move on to a new scene, and figured he'd take the plunge feet-first into pop and see where it landed him. One of the first things he was advised to do was either change his stage name or drop it entirely, considering that "Dorian Gray" probably wouldn't do much for the pop world. He reluctantly let his moniker go, and went back to his old high school nickname of Sammy.

Other: He attended college for Film Studies, but dropped out when he was signed.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

TreyWalker

Okay Raven, you have been accepted. I'll copy your bio to the character thread. Feel free to RP in the RP thread if you want to introduce your character to the group.

TreyWalker

Okay, so we have three characters officially accepted and posted for in the RP thread. Kdyami has been accepted as the third male member of the group. So we're just looking for two more female members.

Come on people, if you've got a lady popstar sensation hidden somewhere in your imagination, let them out to play.  ;)

AribethAmkiir

I thought all the characters were going to have talent and actually be able to sing.  Not sure Rachel falls into any of those stereotypes, but we'd be happy to have you join us with whatever type of character you'd like to create.

AribethAmkiir

Ah!  Gotcha.

uhh... Rachel's your southern belle, whichever demographic that appeals to.

Trey probably has a better idea of where she falls.  Sorry I'm not more helpful.

TreyWalker

Hey Mia h, and thanks for your interest.

Originally it was going to be manufactured like a club or spice girls. But I found people were not interested when they didn't have the freedom to create their character the way they wanted. So you can create your character however you wish.

That's not to say that the management will not try and pigeon hole you though. That's what d'lo saxton is there for. Part if the story will be conflict based on the stereotypes and what the members want.

Hope that answers your questions.