News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Forum Categorization

Started by Elvi, May 14, 2008, 05:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

QuoteRight. It's largely to 'balance out' the forums because Elliquiy has so many non-con games.

This has always been a problem where people 'err on the heavy side', just incase.
Are there really that many noncon in the relavent sections?
It may be worth asking for people to have their games moved again, especially as they have been recently reclassified.
*scratches head*
I'm sure there are games of mine that are in there that have no noncon at all, they were, however, 'heavy' in the previous classifications.

I would also like to ask, what is going to be classified as 'extreme'?

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Moondazed

I guess I just assumed that anything that was previously frowned upon or openly disallowed (vore, gore, bestiality, watersports, scat, necrophilia <I'm sure there are more that I'm missing>) were to go in the extreme forum.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Elvi

You see this is where we get all confused...

Bestiality and watersports weren't banned at all there are several Bestiality games around, (though I haven't seen any 'golden showers).

The five that were banned on the site were:
Scat, Necrophilia, Gore, Vore and Lollicon.
(With my understanding that the last three were only banned if they were done during and or for sexual gratification and of course, lolli is still banned.)

Edit:
Because spell check doesn't work if you've used the wrong word...*grins*

Moondazed

That may be what the rules said, but at several times the term 'gross' was discussed and watersports, etc., was grouped in there.  I realize that hasn't been in the rules in a while, but that's where I got that idea.

If that's the case, doesn't it make sense to put the things that weren't allowed, but are now, in the extreme forum?

I also think that the descriptions should probably include examples to make this point clear.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Moondazed

And it occurs to me that I should say that that is MY opinion.  I in no way speak for anyone else or with any delusion of grandeur :P

Elvi

Well, you lumped Beastiality in there too Moon and those games are already played in the forums.
I only remember one new member querying 'watersports' and that she was told that it wasn't agianst 'the rules'.

If we are to place everything 'down there' that is classed as extreme, then who is going to make that decision and are games that have been placed in other forums to be moved their because they are now termed  'gross'?  

(And this is me thinking out loud, not criticising anyone)

Moondazed

Are you referring to this thread?  To be honest, I read this part:
Quote from: Elvi
Quote from: Zeal
That aside, I'm up for most anything, barring scat and watersports.

If you're gonna try something outlandish just PM me first, okay?

There are other things that are not allowed on site, could I draw your attention to the rules, just to make sure that you have read and understood them.

To read that those two things were against the rules, along with other things.  I wonder if others could have drawn the same conclusion?

The search doesn't bring it up, but I remember a new person saying they were interested in Klismaphilia (it stuck because I had to go look it up - it's a fetish for the use of enemas) and being told in no uncertain terms that that wasn't acceptable.  Granted, that may have been before the 'gross' factor was removed from the rules, but that's why I thought it was unacceptable.  I had a long absence during which that rule was changed, so I may well have missed something.

Regardless of any of that, I think that examples need to be included in the titles so that it's more clear what goes where... tastefully, of course, so as not to offend anyone.  Why would the question of what goes where if there's a question be any different than it has always been, a decision for Vek and the Sirens to make?

It seems like a lot of unnecessary work to move threads that are already in existence, imo.  Hence my suggestion that the new category contain only what wasn't previously allowed.

Elvi

Don't understand the relevance of the quote Moon, Zeal said he was up for anything BARRING Scat and Watersports, so obviously my reply didn't include those....

Enemas come under scat, it is an anal irrigation and has nothing to do with 'watersports'.

I actually believe that the 'extreme' thread is irrelevant.
If it's within the rules of the site then it should be included along with other threads.
After all, there are many things that can or could be termed as 'gross', but we don't have to add 'Torture in game', 'Rape in game' or 'Bestiality in game'. 
Hell someone (and I am sorry I can't remember who), has said that they are repulsed by foot fetishism and what about poor old Sherona who is horrified by whales and dolphins?

I don't know, we just seem to be putting a huge emphasis upon what was banned and now is not, as though it is something 'special'....*shrugs*

As for unnecessary work moving threads, well a quick glance at all the furry/creature games now in Human Single threads, (for instance), shows how much work needs to be done when things are reclassified.
Otherwise none of the changes make any sense at all...

Moondazed

Well then, I must have comprehension issues.

For the record, enemas come under scat TO YOU... some would disagree.  I believe this is the path you and I went down previously in the thread that I mentioned from long ago, and I have no desire to hash out the intricacies of such things.

The reason I said the newly allowed things should go in the new forum is precisely because of the work that moving things would be.  Also, changing the term from 'normal' to 'human' made logical sense to me, although I didn't see a problem with humanoid either.  If it's made clear that things like werewolves and shapeshifters (which spend some time in human form) are fine in that thread, what's the big deal?

Elvi

This conversation, which was exactly that, at least in my mind, is becoming confrontational, which was not MY intention.

I am bowing out.....

Vekseid

Topic split...

Anyway, it's largely a place for previously banned material, yes, though I can think of a number of old non-con 'exotic' ideas that would probably fall under there too, simply because they go that far.

Threads can be moved on an as-needed basis, if people want the bestiality games moved over there, I wouldn't object. It may be work but it does clear out the section somewhat.

Moondazed

My intention certainly isn't to be confrontational either (I'll refrain from capitalizing the word 'my').  I'm sorry you feel the need to bow out.

Did this end up in the wrong thread?

Caeli

Maybe it would be worth it to have a forum equivalent to a "spring cleaning"?

The most relevant would likely be to request people to suggest threads (their own, of course) that can be moved into lighter sections, to clear out the non-con boards. After all, many people probably start the threads in heavier boards because they are erring on the safe side, but as two people roleplay they generally start to get a 'feel' for what should be played, and sometimes heavier elements just don't occur.

People could simply put up the link to their roleplay, and give a target board (most likely bondage, if it's coming from the non-con boards), and then Vek and the sirens can move as threads are posted.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Bestiality is probably something that should go into extreme, properly tagged.

Any other ideas for what might go into there? Did Caeli just volunteer to head the cleaning effort? >_>

NightBird

So, monsters would be 'Exotic' but animals would be 'Extreme'? I don't know about that. If animals are 'Extreme', I think monsters would have to be, too, but doing that would shift a lot of content into Extreme, wouldn't it?

I think we need to look at a longer list and start thinking of groupings and what would happen to the size of any given section based on what we decide should go there.

Moondazed

I think we could argue semantics for a very long time :)  Why is it a problem to just put the newly accepted things in a new thread?  Asking people to put up a message like Caeli said to clean up the boards probably isn't a bad idea, and putting it in the rotation for the links that pop up at the top could help to keep things neat.  Right now things can be moved by contacting a Siren, by putting up a thread instead the Sirens could more easily distribute the workload.

Elvi

Quote from: NightBird on May 15, 2008, 06:11:59 PM
So, monsters would be 'Exotic' but animals would be 'Extreme'? I don't know about that. If animals are 'Extreme', I think monsters would have to be, too, but doing that would shift a lot of content into Extreme, wouldn't it?

I think we need to look at a longer list and start thinking of groupings and what would happen to the size of any given section based on what we decide should go there.

So, do you not see the difference between, an orc, or tentacle creature, who is sentient and a man having anal sex with a donkey?

Quote from: moondazed

link=topic=15144.msg606127#msg606127 date=1210897641

I think we could argue semantics for a very long time :)  Why is it a problem to just put the newly accepted things in a new thread?  Asking people to put up a message like Caeli said to clean up the boards probably isn't a bad idea, and putting it in the rotation for the links that pop up at the top could help to keep things neat.  Right now things can be moved by contacting a Siren, by putting up a thread instead the Sirens could more easily distribute the workload.

Because the site is in chaos, because we seem to be glorifying one small part of the type of things written about by giving it a 'special' place, because the whole idea of the forum clean up was to simplify and not over complicate.

Moondazed

Quote from: Elvi on May 15, 2008, 07:40:12 PMBecause the site is in chaos, because we seem to be glorifying one small part of the type of things written about by giving it a 'special' place, because the whole idea of the forum clean up was to simplify and not over complicate.

Glorifying?  Does it make Exotic threads more glorified to be separate from Normal?

NightBird

To be honest, Elvi, no I don't, because the donkey can kill the guy as easily as the orc (as a stallion in Washington state recently did), and I, personally, having spent the amount of time with animals in my life, do not believe the donkey is any less sentient.

The glorification, if there is any, is solely in the eye of the beholder. They could as easily be considered "separate but equal," which any student of even a slender amount of history in the twentieth century would realize means "inferior."

If there's chaos, it's primarily because there are people causing chaos instead of working to establish workable solutions.

Elvi

Yeah....well....I have been trying to do so, however it seems to be that those who 'are doing' aren't open to suggestion and in fact are unable to clarify even the simplest terms when asked.

It appears that it's a case of 'this is how we are going to do it', so I guess I'll just step out and not actually attempt to get involved, as everyone else seems to have done.

Moondazed

Whether or not you (or anyone else) share your views shouldn't be dependent on how they're received, imo.  Ideally everyone would be adult enough to bring up their thoughts, concerns, ideas, etc., clarify the points they feel are relevant, and realize that there is immense value in doing so regardless of how many people do/don't agree.