Battlelust Interest Check/Recruitment - Fantasy Strategy RP

Started by Tolvo, April 18, 2018, 08:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolvo

Welcome to the world of Battlelust. In this world we will be taking part in a grand war, with elements of strategy, political intrigue, battle, and romance(If you desire). We join this world during the breakout of a small world war between the Star Alliance, Coldblood Tribes, United Clans, Elven Diarchy, and Unholy Aristocracy. This means we'll be seeing various fantasy races and armies going head to head in their various wars as you the players decide the fate of the world with your actions.

Now I have done a strategy RP like this before, it went rather well though ended due to personal life problems. I'm looking to start things up again. So to get some things out of the way as for a section this will go into I'm looking to avoid extreme and Non-Con. I know it is a war story but for now at least let's see where the story will take us.

What exactly will we be doing in this roleplay? Each player will be creating their own character which they will then control and play as, you can decide for yourself what elements you want to engage with more. The politics, war, etc. There are a lot of paths things can go down and ways for characters to meet up and interaction. As of now there are a limited number of playable races to make things not too overly complicated. Star Alliance(Humans, Dwarves). Coldblood Tribes(Saurians, Kobolds). Unholy Aristocracy(Vampires). United Clans(Orcs, and Goblins). Elven Diarchy(Sylvan Elves, and Deep Elves). These are the main factions that will be at war, on top of being a part of them players have the option to choose to be mercenaries instead.

Each faction will have its own strengths and weaknesses, their own flair and lore, and their own units.

This world is heavily inspired by worlds such as Warhammer Fantasy, Warcraft, and Lord of the Rings. If you choose the role of a commander you will have your own army to command with resources allotted based upon your performance as a leader, which you can then use to choose units for your army. It will be a rather basic system, the main focus will still be roleplaying. As for how to decide the outcome of battles I will act as GM and judge how battles should end and what outcomes will happen based on player performance. If the need arises I may seek out other judges to help.

This is a fantasy world which we will be working on together, as the GM I will have the final say in some matters but always feel free to pitch ideas, ask questions, or talk with others about building the world. As of now it is still in the works for basic world setup that I am doing. There will be elements of realism to this, I personally like to study Medieval Military History and I'll try to bring some realistic elements in but it is also a fantasy world. So sometimes the gun will be better sometimes the spell will be, it depends on the context. I don't ask anyone to have well versed knowledge in said history and at any time feel free to ask questions or talk about anything mentioned.

Rules
1: As of now there will be no beastiality, necrophilia(Vampires don't count), or Non-Con in the story.

Character Sheet
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player Name: (Your Username)
Name: (Your character’s Name)
Alias(es): (The titles/Aliases they go by)
Species: (Please choose from the available species)
Race: (Races are a subset of a species. You can create your own, just talk it over with me first. Vampires and Daemonites are available for every species)
Faction: (What faction your character is affiliated with. You can be a mercenary in which case put down mercenary)

Appearance: (Your character’s appearance. You can use a picture but I want a description)

Personality: (Your character’s personality)

Backstory: (The history of your character, feel free to talk these over openly with me and other players if you want to have more involved backstories)

Abilities: (What your character can do. Are they able to cast a certain type of magic, are they good at jumping, can they cause those around them to feel afraid? Think of your abilities and put them here. Just be reasonable is all I ask)

Attire: (What your character wears, you can have as many outfits as you like, this would also include any armor sets)

Equipment: (What your character carries. Weapons, gadgets, gear, etc)

Accepted Characters
None Yet

Species/Races

Humans - Humans are a common surface walking species. They have a wide array of skin colors, eye colors, and hair colors. It is a common trait of humans for them to have a diverse genetic pool outside of their nobility. Humans can be found around the entire world and have spread to many cultures and founded many civilizations. While not the strongest or most magically attuned, humans do excel with their intelligence. Many inventions of the world were first created by humans. Humans mainly worship one of the various pantheons of gods.

Dwarves - Dwarves are stout, it has to be said. They are shorter than most species and tend to live underground. A Dwarf is strong despite their height and most importantly have a low center of gravity making them hard to knock over. Noted for their love of armor, it is rare for anyone other than a mate to see a Dwarf without their armor. Smithing is second nature to them and for some quite literally runs in their blood. Dwarves mostly worship their ancestors.

Daemonites - Daemonites are not their own species but are instead a race. As a race they are formed when other mortals make pacts with demons, deal with demons, or breed with demons, whatever the source they have demon blood in their veins. This often makes them highly visible and ostracized among their own kind. Humans are the most accepting of Daemonites and have the highest population of them. A Daemonite is naturally attuned to magic though they are also more vulnerable to demonic entities. The term Daemonite is an old one, from when the word Demons was pronounced Daemon.

Sylvan Elves - Sylvan Elves are lithe and are what are most commonly thought of when one does think of Elves. They tend to have darker skin than Deep Elves and are mostly hairless. With a natural affinity for magic, they make for great Weavers. A Weaver is the Elven term for a mage, as they believe that one weaves the threads of magic. They live mostly in forests and worship light itself as a personified entity.

Deep Elves - Deep Elves live mainly underground in the Deep, their collective term for the great caverns they live in. Mostly they survive on various fungus, insects, and flora that they cultivate underground. Their vision is poor in the light but they can see in perfect darkness. With pale or gray skin they often look sick to other species. Deep Elves worship darkness as a personified entity.

Orcs - One of the larger of the mortal species to be found, Orcs are bulky with a natural affinity for muscular frames. Thick, with tusks, they make for great warriors in battle. Because of this their culture has often involved warfare to some degree. Mainly they live as nomads in clans and migrate from place to place, much to the chagrin of other species. Sometimes they are referred to as a horde by others but this is not quite correct. Orcs like to worship emotions as manifestations of gods and spirits.

Goblins - Lithe and agile, Goblins make for excellent athletes. Their society is most often found underground where they live a xenophobic lifestyle. They prefer to keep to themselves but also are rapid breeders meaning they have a high demand for territory and resources. Goblins mainly worship their own feelings as a personification of their deity.

Saurians - Saurians are considered to be a very ancient species. They were among the first to walk upright and have stories that span what are believed to be millions of years into the past. A Saurian is large, with thick armor-like scales, claws, razor sharp teeth, and long powerful tails. They make for natural hunters and are considered to be less advanced despite their age. This is not entirely true, as they do have their own society and culture they just merely find themselves closer to their primal roots. Saurians typically worship dragons and see them as the originators of all cold blooded life.

Kobolds - Kobolds are short cold blooded creatures that mostly live underground. Despite their size they are highly aggressive and often only get along with Saurians. To the Kobolds other species are lesser for their use of animals as mere labor or tools of war. Kobolds revere animals and see them as wiser than supposedly sapient creatures.

Vampires - Vampires are a relatively new creature, formed through blood magic that went awry. These creatures are not quite undead, but utilize them for everything. Vampires are intelligent and have their own will though they require blood to survive. Cold to the touch, many Vampires are Elves as Elves were the first Vampires. There is a natural corruption brought about by Vampires who seems to have a slight ability to influence others. They are not their own species but are instead a race. Vampires are sensitive to sunlight, silver, and are weak to fire.

Undead - The Undead are mostly lacking in any form of soul or intelligence. They are controlled by Necromancers of one variety or another. Liches are those in high command over the Undead, a Lich is a creature incapable of true death that resurrects itself after being defeated. Those Undead with a will are their commanders and puppeteers. Much of the Badlands is ruled by wandering Undead hordes while other Undead have in secret made pacts with the Vampires to serve alongside them.

Factions(WIP)

Elven Diarchy - Also known as the Twilight Empire, the Elven Diarchy has existed for centuries. Deep Elves and Sylvan Elves have long held this union as a sacred aspect of the balance between light and dark. Both are ruled by an Emperor who are joined through marriage. Each rules over their respective Empire of the Sylvan Woods and the Deep. Neither can encroach upon the other and they are bound by their union to peace. Originally both empires were happy to stay out of the war but after trespasses into their territories they have decided they’ve long enough defended their borders. It is time for them to take land, it is time for them to retake their ancestral empire. It is said once that all that was dark belonged to the Deep Elves and all that was light belonged to the Sylvan Elves. By dredging up these ancient rights they have called for an expansion to retake their ancestral homeland.

Coldblood Tribes - Ruled by no single entity, the Coldblood Tribes are a not quite as organized as other factions. Their leaders disagree quite often but they are still united by blood. For the longest of times they’ve been content to stay to their lands but the Kobold Chieftains have concocted a plan. By siding with the Saurian Chieftains and working in unison they plan to take over other lands and gain new hunting and breeding grounds. As is both groups struggle to hold enough resources to keep their swelling numbers. To them this war is not about who is right and wrong, it is simply about survival.

United Clans -Once at war with one another, a recent shift has occurred. Those of Orc and Goblin blood have become united by their desire for conquest. Yet some confuse this for hatred when the reality is to the Orcs and Goblins war and strife is simply life. The sorrow, anger, and joy it brings are all aspects of life. Though Orcs and Goblins do have stakes in the land, for the Starlands were once theirs to roam before the arrival of humans.  While before the lands were free to be roamed with the Star Alliance now in effect they no longer able to roam, as a threat to their freedom the Clans found this to be enough to join under one banner and bring war upon the Star Alliance.

Unholy Aristocracy - A recent invention of the former Emperor of the Deep, Vampires have only just arrived on the scene. Without a home to call their own, they instead live in secret pulling the strings behind the scenes. Their numbers are hidden and their true threat is not understood, even the fact that the former Deep Emperor still lives on is a close kept secret. A Vampire naturally corrupts those around them, influencing them in ways still not yet understood. They can come from any species, though Daemonites are known to be immune to Vampire corruption.

Star Alliance - The Star Alliance was formed only recently after the Dwarves and Humans finally put aside their differences. By uniting the kingdoms of both under the Alliance they have strengthened their territories and formed a fully function military the likes of which has never been seen before. Highly advanced scientifically, they bring with them war machines never seen before, as well as support from human nations across the world. Humans are a new creature to the north, a few hundred years ago they arrived on the scene after following the Northern Star. They crossed the Sapphire Sea and conquered all they could making the now named Starlands their own. Early on Dwarves and them became allies only to drift apart as time went on. Now again they are united hoping to conquer and control what lands they feel belong to them.

The Lodge of Mages - The Lodge of Mages has been a lasting part of the north for quite some time. Founded centuries ago by the great Archmage Dalubar the Arcane, this lodge is a collection of all the neutral mages in the north. They focus mainly on themselves and their prospective members, teaching and attempting to expand the wealth of knowledge about magic as a whole. They were established within the Starlands but as of yet have not joined the Star Alliance, choosing instead to stay mostly neutral. On occasion they will step in should a danger be catastrophic enough, otherwise they're fine with playing politics in the midst of courts.

Demons of Hell - In another realm resides Hell, a place of infinite misery and death. Those who draw upon this magic are known as Warlocks. Demons of every variety exist and their masters are what can be considered true evil. At times they will meddle in the lives of mortals for their own desires or mere amusement. The realm of Hell is a place of constant battle for supremacy with a true form of chaos always persisting. None of the Demon Lords are pleasant with one another.

Council of Warlocks - Warlocks are those who tap into the realm of Hell to draw from it for their magical spells. A Warlock must be a Daemonite in some form, having become influenced by Demons in some way. The Council of Warlocks however are considered a force for possible good by those who truly know them. These shadowy figures keep hidden for their own safety, and their true ranks are unknown. The Council seeks to control Demonkind and keep them in check. To this end they summon and bind Demons and wage a personal war against the realm of Hell.

Important NPC's(WIP)

Nehekra the Blood Emperor - A hundred years ago Nehekra was born as a possible future heir to the throne of the Deep Emperor. He was not first in line nor was he last, instead being forced to wait roughly seventy years before his coronation. At that age he was considered wise, his pale skin and white hair was easily visible to those around him. It was a mark of his royalty. When he was in his youth he had been known for his power as a Shadow Weaver, and in his old age he became known for his generosity. Late into his rule though he became obsessed with an artifact of Hell that had been brought before him by a Warlock. It was a simple goblet that he discovered only too late was cursed. It bound him to it, though the Warlock had not anticipated the Emperor's resolve as he slew her. With a curse attached to him to every day drink blood or he'd whither away he came to study it intently. By using his magic and linking it with the goblet he was able to turn it into his own item, now dubbed the Goblet of the Blood Emperor, in secret he used it to turn himself and those close to him into Vampires. One day he was deposed by his younger brother who saw him as having lost his mind, Nehekra went with the charade and pretended to be dead only to rise in secret. Now he has formed his own aristocracy of unholy allies across multiple nations. He uses them to his own ends and seeks to once again rule, as the Blood Emperor.

Valyndriel

Hi! I'm potentially interested and my character concept would be an elven sorceress recently turned Vampire. I'd be really excited to have backstory relationships with people from before and after she was turned, and to have some conflicted loyalties. I'm primarily interested in the interpersonal and political side of things rather than the mechanics of battle.

As always I'm most excited to write romance with other ladies and non binary folx as authors; gender of character doesn't matter.

silentwalrus227

I’m definitely interested though I’ll need to see what each race’s lore and history is before I decide on a character. I have so many concepts already, lol.

Tolvo

Sounds like a neat character concept A. Definitely would fit in within the world. ^_^

Just waking up now so I'll work further on writing down the lore for each faction and race. There is also going to be a sort of sub-race, similar to Vampires. Daemonites, which are similar to Tieflings. Each faction will have them and Daemonites are seen as their own sub-race for each group. They'll be created through various means such as warlocks in a family bloodline, rituals during birth, etc.

Humans are going to be a bit more tech oriented with guns and advanced weaponry but will lack in other regards. Dwarves will join them but be less tech and more enduring and armor focused.

Saurians and Kobolds are going to be more primal with a focus on use of beasts and primal tech and monsters.

Orcs are going to be a bit more about emotions in battle as well Goblins will be about agility and hit and run.

Sylvan and Deep Elves are going to be more focused on magic.

And Vampires will be focused more on corruption of others and turning them.

silentwalrus227

This just gets better and better. I’m currently torn between an orc berserker walking that fine line between order and chaos as he fights, and a Sylvan Elf sorceress/druid type as curious about the outside world as she is fearful of losing her woodland home to a destructive war.

Tolvo

Ooof yeah those are hard to choose between. Both are pretty interesting concepts. And both are even types of units that will be for either faction so they'll fit in pretty well.

silentwalrus227

Awesome. I’ll wait and see how the group fills out.

MiaKage

I'm interested! I like the idea of tech savy humans, like mad master engineers from warhammer, more interested in field testing their latest invention than the politics n.n
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Tolvo

silentwalrus227

Well of course! The setup reminds me of old-school Warcraft, which definitely ain’t a bad thing. :)

Tolvo

Yep definitely some of that in there.

Alright I just finished lunch so I'll get back to work on this and units and such. LMK if anyone has any questions.

silentwalrus227

How will the factions be handled? I assume not all of our interracial RP will be us fighting each other, after all.

Tolvo

There will be a lot of NPC's and I was thinking each player will get one main character and multiple side characters they can play as. With a focus on spreading them out among multiple factions.

Tolvo

Silent I have the WIP Orc/Goblin Units ready.

Special Units

Unit Name: Battle Assassins
Unit Type: Special Unit
Description: Goblins are quite literally backstabbers. It is said the first assassin ever was a Goblin. These figures often disguise as other units in battle so that they may ambush high value targets. It is common for them to use poisons, secret weapons, and use deception to get whatever they need done.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Empaths
Description: Among the Orcs and Goblins are special magic users they call Empaths. An Empath is able to harness the emotions of friend and foe alike or manipulate them. They can inspire fear, rage, sorrow, or glee in others. Because of this they can be very handy for forcing enemies to route or their own allies to keep fighting on. Typically an Empath is a fearsome person who can feel the emotions around them, making being around them a tricky gambit.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Gladiators
Description:  Orcs and Goblins love bloodsport. They see battle as a rite of passage and often hire Gladiators, professional fighters. A Gladiator is not a slave like in many other cultures, instead they fight in arenas of their own choosing. These warriors are very battle hardened and trained in the use of a variety of weapons. They excel at fighting one on one or against beasts.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Ogres
Description: These extra large Orcs are considered to be the pinnacle of Orcs. While this is up for debate what is known is they are large and very powerful. Each one wields a two handed steel club into battle that can absolutely break armor and kill opponents through their armor. Ogres are able to fight bare handed as well and on average stand at eight feet tall. Ogres are not bred and appear to be random mutations that happen.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: War Leaders
Description: During times of war a Clan Leader may become a War Leader. A War Leader is able to lead troops into battle, improve morale, and coordinate them. An effective one is also able to stand toe to toe with their enemies. These are some of the best of their kind and wear a mix of plate and mail armor into battle. Both Orcs and Goblins live among clans which they consider their larger families. A clanmate is someone you would defend to the death and fight back to back with in battle.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Light Infantry

Unit Name: Goblin Diggers
Unit Type: Light Infantry
Description: Goblins are more fond of living under than above ground. It is no surprise that many Goblins are Diggers, those who create their underground tunnels and lairs. A Digger relies upon simple tools for their job but can use them as weapons if the need arises. In battle they are rather weak and should only be used in combat as a last resort.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Goblin Wilders
Description: Sometimes Goblins can take too much glee in battle. Those who utterly lose themselves are known as Wilders. Wilders paint their bodies to look skeletal. Typically they take mushrooms that enhance their views of the world before entering battle sending them into uncontrolled frenzies. At times they can do a lot of friendly fire but when directed at the enemy can deal a lot of damage. Each wields two steel spiked clubs.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Mourners
Description: Many have lost loved ones whether due to war or other factors. Those who can only carry sorrow into battle became known as Mourners. They wear black clothing and carry spears.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Nomad Warriors
Description: Those average people of the Orcish and Goblin clans are typically nomadic. They wander from place to place and frequently migrate. This can cause a lot of trouble for neighbouring groups who often dislike them. When the need arises a simple nomad can become a Nomad Warrior. They wield one handed axes and shields into battle and have cloth armor.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Heavy Infantry

Unit Name: Berserkers
Unit Type: Heavy Infantry
Description: Rage, sometimes one only has their anger to claim. A berserker is a wild warrior of fury that unleashes all of their rage in battle. They wield large two handed axes that can damage armor and wear very little or sometimes nothing at all. Usually berserkers are proud younger warriors still learning to control themselves in battle.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Bloodlusters
Description: A Bloodluster really loves battle. They love it so much they mate to the thought of it. Each Bloodluster holds in their desires until after victory in battle for their ultimate pleasure. Some find it strange even among Orcs but to them there is no greater honor. In battle they wield large two handed swords with a mixture of plate and mail armor providing them with good protection.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Unit Name: Screechers
Unit Type: Missile Infantry
Description: Orcish archers like to inspire fear in their enemies. As such they have designed special arrowheads that create a screeching sound as they whistle towards their targets. As they are physically mighty they can handle greater draw strengths, so their bows are able to hit targets so hard they can pierce armor. Though they’re very inaccurate.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Whisperers
Description: Goblin archers can be a bit on the nasty side. They are not especially strong but make up for this with poisons. Each arrow is coated in a poison that fatigues those hit by it making them weaker over time. Because of this they’ve been called Whisperers, for they’re silent killers.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Unit Name: Howlers
Unit Type: Light Cavalry
Description: Goblins that ride into battle like they’re coming straight out of hell. They howl in battle along with their Warg mounts, as their name implies. A Howler can rile up nearby allies giving them a morale boost. In battle they wear no armor and carry spears that they use for lancing foes.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Unit Name: Bellowers
Unit Type: Heavy Cavalry
Description: These Orcs ride creatures known as Chimera. A Chimera tends to be a creature with the head and body of a lion, head of a goat, and tail of a scorpion. They are slightly larger than the average horse and are terrifying creatures in combat. Bellowers roar into battle along with their Chimera. These riders wield axes and rider through crushing heads, their mounts are also capable of attacking their enemies in a variety of ways. Bellowers wear a mix of mail and plate armor with open faced helms.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Missile Cavalry

Unit Name: Yellers
Unit Type: Missile Cavalry
Description: Often older, these warriors ride Wargs into battle and carry with them shortbows. They lack in armor piercing capability but are highly accurate even when moving. When fighting the Yellers like to call out targets and shout in glee when they hit the target accurately.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Manticore
Unit Type: Monster
Description: A relative of the Chimera, Manticores are large monsters roughly the size of an elephant. Each Manticore is a deadly creature with the head and body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion. They are able to fire spines from their torso and have poisonous, well, everything. Even their blood is dangerous to come into contact with. Manticores are hard to tame and as such may go on a rampage in battle attacking all around them.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Trolls
Description: With stony skin and bodies taller than your average tree, Trolls are mighty monsters to bring into a battle. They slowly regenerate as time goes on though fire will halt this process. A Troll is not very bright, they are simple creatures that are easy to manipulate and trick. Their bodies while strong are weak to magic. Typically they enter battle without any weapons and rely entirely on their physical might to defeat foes. The average Troll likes to eat its foes.
Cost:
Rarity: Epic
Stats:

silentwalrus227

Voidknight

Colour me curious- given the name of the setting I'd be wondering what the default sort of story/sex mix would likely be, always feel it's important to me that my settings feel somewhat grounded. Would humanity support genuine good guy straight up paladins?

Tolvo

The Elven units so far.

Heavy Infantry

Shadowkeepers
Description: Shadowkeepers live in the deepest recesses of the Deep. Underground nearly their entire lives, they have bodies so infused with shadow they bring darkness wherever they walk. It is hard to see a Shadowkeeper without a powerful light source, and they may blind those who cannot see in the dark who stand too close to them. Shadowkeepers live mostly in isolation and do not get along very well even with other Deep Elves. Their order was once a secret kept from their greater society until a need came to use them in battle. Shadowkeepers wear light plate and mail armor and wield spears and shields.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Lightwalkers
Description: Lightwalkers are an ancient order of warriors of the Sylvan Elves. Recently they have taken to wearing a mix of light plate armor and mail. In battles they wield longswords that are blessed with the light. It is their belief that the light is a living thing and that all light in the world is a gift from their patron deity. However, they also see that a duality exists with shadow serving an important role as well. With their magically infused blades they can disorient foes with bright lights and burn those they cut.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Shadowbolt Arbalests
Description: Shadowbolt Arbalests are often failed Shadow Weavers only capable of casting simple spells. Rather than let that talent go to waste they are trained in the art of firing Shadowbolts. These magical bolts are infused with shadow making them create coldness wherever they strike. Whever they fly they absorb light causing darkness.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Sylvan Archers
Description: Archery is an ancient art to the Sylvan Elves who mastered it long ago. Their archers as such are considered to be experts. Highly accurate, and able to fire on the move, as well as fire in between trees, they are a force to be reckoned with. A Sylvan Elf practically grows up with a bow meaning many of them become archers.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Lightarrow Archers
Description: Among the Sylvan Elves are those who are trained in the use of Lightarrows. These are usually people not magically strong enough to become Light Weavers, and instead can only cast minor spells. Lightarrows when fired have the same range as normal arrows but can be directed after firing and burn on contact. Enough of a concentration of them can even cause fires..
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Shadow Wing Riders
Description: In the Deep there are Great Bats, large creatures that are nearly blind and rely upon sound to see. These creatures have been tamed by Shadow Wing Riders, who are able to fly in complete darkness. It should be mentioned these mounts are highly sensitive to loud noises. Their riders wield long spears that allow them to impale their foes. Great Bats while large are unarmored, and survive mainly on fruits and vegetables.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Eagle Skyrunners
Description: By using the smaller cousins of Great Eagles, the Skyrunners have created an order of flying cavalry for that the Sylvan Elves desperately needed. A new organization, the Skyrunners tend to wear body paint and keep their hair long. They wield shortswords in combat and due to the weight limit for their mounts wear no armor. A Skyrunner while fragile can make deadly needed strikes when enemies least expect it. With the ability to hide in clouds, on clouds days they can go completely undetected. Yet the weather can highly impact their ability to fly.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Sylvan Plainriders
Description: Plainriders are Sylvan Elves who are often living on the fringes of their society. Rather than living in heavily wooded areas they travel across the plains, leaving themselves more open. Among them it is common to speak about anything personal as they have little to keep private. Their horses are incredibly fast though not as hardy as others. In battle they wield shortswords and are excellent skirmishers and scouts.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Sylvan Chargers
Description: Rather than ride on horses Sylvan Chargers ride atop Elk that are trained to run through enemies with their horns. Because of the grace of the Elk they are able to reposition easily and even leap out of danger. Each rider wields a long spear and a shield with only mail armor to cover them. It is hard to take down their mounts who are often able to sense coming danger and will protect their riders should they fall.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Missile Cavalry

Unit Name: Widowmakers
Description: in the Deep are great horrors that many would rather not think about. Large eight legged creatures capable of carrying Deep Elves are one such creature. These spider riders are able to traverse inclines and difficult terrain on their spiders and climb walls. Their spiders are useful mounts but are low to the ground and are miserable at charges. Each uses the venom of their spider to dip their arrows in, making their arrows capable of paralysing targets over time. The Widows are also adept at seeing in pitch blackness but struggle in cold environments.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Unit Name: Sylvan Raiders
Description: The Sylvan Forests are well known for their Raiders. These riders prefer to ride out and through the woods picking off targets between the trees. They are trained in firing under such conditions and are highly accurate. A Sylvan Raider is said to treasure their horses which they treat as if they were a member of the family.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Great Eagles
Description: Among the Sylvan Elves there are kept great birds of prey. These Great Eagles are massive creatures capable of lifting up a horse and rider in one fell swoop before crushing them in its claws. As predators they often eat those they kill and have a strong predatory sense knowing when to strike. With the ability to swiftly dive before rising again, they are an incredibly fast unit on the battlefield. Without any armor though they are very weak to missile fire and are at the mercy of the weather.
Cost:
Rarity:
Stats:

Humans do have a unit called a Paladin, but they aren't like fantasy Paladins who have to be morally good. Morality will not simply be black and white or only gray. We'll see people fighting for all sorts of different reasons with their own codes, creeds, desires, and contexts that force their hands. There will be good people sure but we'll see a lot of diversity in character types.

Voidknight

I am curious! Reckon a human paladin heart of gold type then. Would strive to be good.

Tolvo

I've set up the OOC, there are still parts that are WIP but in case anyone wants to get started on things there is the lore there(Much of it is told in unit descriptions). https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286160.0

The RP has also been bumped up to Extreme type due to the fact that it is a war RP, it just is impossible to do without some level of blood/gore.

And sure Voidknight such a character could work. ^_^

Tolvo

So I have gone and added some basic lore for the main factions if anyone wants to get started on a character.

Elven Diarchy - Also known as the Twilight Empire, the Elven Diarchy has existed for centuries. Deep Elves and Sylvan Elves have long held this union as a sacred aspect of the balance between light and dark. Both are ruled by an Emperor who are joined through marriage. Each rules over their respective Empire of the Sylvan Woods and the Deep. Neither can encroach upon the other and they are bound by their union to peace. Originally both empires were happy to stay out of the war but after tresspasses into their teritories they have decided they’ve long enough defended their borders. It is time for them to take land, it is time for them to retake their ancestral empire. It is said once that all that was dark belonged to the Deep Elves and all that was light belonged to the Sylvan Elves. By dredging up these ancient rights they have called for an expansion to retake their ancestral homeland.

Coldblood Tribes - Ruled by no single entity, the Coldblood Tribes are a not quite as organized as other factions. Their leaders disagree quite often but they are still united by blood. For the longest of times they’ve been content to stay to their lands but the Kobold Chieftains have concocted a plan. By siding with the Saurian Chieftains and working in unison they plan to take over other lands and gain new hunting and breeding grounds. As is both groups struggle to hold enough resources to keep their swelling numbers. To them this war is not about who is right and wrong, it is simply about survival.

United Clans -Once at war with one another, a recent shift has occurred. Those of Orc and Goblin blood have become united by their desire for conquest. Yet some confuse this for hatred when the reality is to the Orcs and Goblins war and strife is simply life. The sorrow, anger, and joy it brings are all aspects of life. Though Orcs and Goblins do have stakes in the land, for the Starlands were once theirs to roam before the arrival of humans.  While before the lands were free to be roamed with the Star Alliance now in effect they no longer able to roam, as a threat to their freedom the Clans found this to be enough to join under one banner and bring war upon the Star Alliance.

Unholy Aristocracy - A recent invention of the former Emperor of the Deep, Vampires have only just arrived on the scene. Without a home to call their own, they instead live in secret pulling the strings behind the scenes. Their numbers are hidden and their true threat is not understood, even the fact that the former Deep Emperor still lives on is a close kept secret. A Vampire naturally corrupts those around them, influencing them in ways still not yet understood. They can come from any species, though Daemonites are known to be immune to Vampire corruption.

Star Alliance - The Star Alliance was formed only recently after the Dwarves and Humans finally put aside their differences. By uniting the kingdoms of both under the Alliance they have strengthened their territories and formed a fully function military the likes of which has never been seen before. Highly advanced scientifically, they bring with them war machines never seen before, as well as support from human nations across the world. Humans are a new creature to the north, a few hundred years ago they arrived on the scene after following the Northern Star. They crossed the Sapphire Sea and conquered all they could making the now named Starlands their own. Early on Dwarves and them became allies only to drift apart as time went on. Now again they are united hoping to conquer and control what lands they feel belong to them.

I'm also going to be working on keeping both the OOC and Recruitment thread OP's updated with information making them easy to access. Also now we have a map of the region the RP will be focusing on.

Also PM me if you are interested in joining the Discord for this RP.

Tolvo

Alright most of the units now have descriptions and resources that come with them. The way I'm planning on having resources work will be fairly simple, a player depending on their performance will get resources allotted that can then be used to purchase units for their army. But we can honestly just not use the resources system if it seems nobody wants to use it. I'm going to work on the Unholy Aristocracy units as well though we may not see them in a battle for a bit so things are pretty much ready for us to start when we get enough players.

Star Alliance Units(WIP)
Special Units

Unit Name: Battlemage
Description: Mages are not an uncommon sight in the Starlands. In the north magic seemingly has a stronger connection to the land than in most places outside of the Sylvan Woods. A Battlemage is someone who is well versed in spellcraft that has dedicated themself to the battlefield for the Star Alliance. They have a variety of spells to cast though are weaker in magic because of it. Some would call them a jack of all trades and a master of none.
Cost: 85 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Master Engineer
Description: Engineers are in high demand in the Starlands. With all of the need for construction of both structures and siege engines, engineers can be seen all over. Those who are true masters of the craft are even more highly desired. A Master Engineer can prepare all gunpowder weapons and siege weaponry around them. This makes them fire at a faster rate and Master Engineers can take command of siege weaponry to vastly improve their efficiency.
Cost: 70 Resources
Rarity: Elite
Stats:

Unit Name: Monarch
Description: The ruling class of the Starlands are the nobility. Those born of or relating to royal blood are of a higher place in society than those not. Monarchs are able to lead their armies into the battle and take charge. Most fight as levies or as orders who follow the various crowns. A Monarch can afford the best weaponry and armor in the land, they are able to inspire and coordinate those around them while fighting on the front-lines.
Cost: 80 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Paladin
Unit Type: Special Units
Description: Paladins are a rare sight, these warriors are some of the greatest found in the Starlands. Often coming from varied backgrounds, those who have truly proven themselves may be chosen by crowned authorities to become Paladins. The Order of Paladins is a sacred one, while all members are not of the same creed they all serve the good of the Starlands. In battle they wear heavy plate armor and can stride into battle or ride upon mounts of their choosing.
Cost: 100 Resources
Rarity: Legendary
Stats:

Unit Name: Runesmith
Description: Runes are an arcane and old form of magic known mainly to the Dwarves of the Starlands. Those who are truly gifted in this form of magic can use them to influence the world around them. Runesmiths are able to use their runes to cast protective magic over their allies in battle. Runes are not a very offense oriented magic and are more prone to defensiveness.
Stats:

Light Infantry

Unit Name: Dwarven Miners
Description: Deep under the Starlands live much of the Dwarven population. They prefer the underground and also live beneath the mountains to the north. Dwarves are always creating tunnels and mining for ores and other resources. When the need comes they can call upon their miners to join them in battle. Not typically warriors, they have low morale but are able to use their pickaxes to pierce armor.
Cost: 10 Resources
Rarity: Common
Stats:

Unit Name: Highlanders
Description: Up in the Highlands and mountains live the Highlanders. These warriors are clad mostly in furs and mail and wield one handed axes and wooden round shields. Hardy and hard to scare, these warriors while at odds with much of human society serve the Star Alliance on the promise of more land and recognition.
Cost: 15 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Peasant Mob
Description: Perhaps the weakest of the weak, but greatest in number. Peasant Mobs can be raised up when even the militia are not about. A Peasant Mob is full of unarmored people who are generally angry and riled up, but have incredibly low morale and coordination as they’re mere civilians. Each wields a simple tool such as a bill, pitchfork, or other sharp instruments that can be used to kill.
Cost: 5 Resources
Rarity: Fodder
Stats:

Unit Name: Spear Militia
Description: One of the most basic forms of militia, these spear wielding militia members can be called up to fight for their nobles in battle. Trained with the spear, they wear simple cloth armor and are very effective against cavalry.
Stats:

Heavy Infantry

Unit Name: Dwarven Steel Heads
Description: Hammers are one of the most used tools among Dwarves perhaps surpassed only by the pickaxe. Steel Heads are an old order of Dwarves who are battle smiths, capable of repairing gear and fighting on their own. With a warhammer and then tool hammers they’re great against armor but are slow moving due to the heavy plate armor they wear.
Cost: 60 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Lowlanders
Description: Within the Starlands are the Lowlands, a place known for its long history of infighting and warfare. Lowlanders are the cream of the crop, they know battle like the back of their hands. A true Lowlander wears a mixture of bright cloth and heavy steel plate armor, they wield two handed swords called zweihanders which are able to clear even horses in half. While not as great against armor they are perhaps unrivaled in their prowess against everything else that should come to face them.
Cost: 65 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Runeguard
Description: Runes are an ancient form of inscription created by the ancestors of the Dwarves. They carry with them magical enchantments that are boons to whoever uses said runes. With rune inscribed armor and weaponry they carry powerful enchantments of magic into battle. Each Runeguard wields a sword and shield, both carry impact magic with them making their blows greater. On top of that their armor while light provides even greater protection. The main problem suffered by Runeguard is they are also more susceptible to magical attacks.
Stats:

Unit Name: Smelter Guard
Description: Smelting is a cornerstone of Dwarven society. Ores are turned into metals which in turn are used to create much of everything the Dwarves use. As such the smelting process is a sacred one, and those who protect the Smelting Pits have become known as the Smelter Guard. In battle they wear mail armor and wield two handed axes that are superheated making them burn when they cut. This can easily cause fires to start wherever they go in battle.
Cost: 55 Resources
Rarity: Rare
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Unit Name: Arquebusiers
Description: While invented in the far east the gun is put to great use in the Starlands. This type of weapon has some of the greatest ability around to pierce through armor almost making it obsolete. Arquebusiers are trained soldiers or often mercenaries who serve the Star Alliance. While they take a long time to reload their guns are powerful and can even inspire fear as enemies here them thundering off in the distance.
Stats:

Unit Name: Crossbow Militia
Description: The Crossbow is one of the easiest ranged weapons to learn the use of. Without the power or range of the longbow they do feel a bit lacking, but they make up for this in regards to how they can be mass produced and easily used by even mere peasants.
Stats:

Unit Name: Grenadier
Description: In the Starlands they not only use their own inventions but those of other lands. In the far east have been developed ingenious bombs which can be thrown and explode after a short time. Grenades are now used by Grenadiers to inflict heavy damage to groups of units. Due to having to use their own strength to hurl the grenades, they are unable to throw them too far. Grenadiers are short of range but deal heavy armor piercing splash damage.
Stats:

Unit Name: Longbow Militia
Description: Something the humans brought with them during their migration to the Starlands was the Longbow. This heavy war bow was capable of piercing even plate armor at close range. With greater power than the average bow they make for great killing weapons. Though they take time to be trained in the use of and require great strength to fire.
Cost: 20 Resources
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Unit Name: Free Lancers
Description: Mercenaries are no new sight in the Starlands. There has been a thriving business at war for centuries now. The most common mercenaries are mounted soldiers. There are many companies that work for the Star Alliance most of which carry lances and wear mail armor. In battle they're swift and are able to charge and pull back. While heavier cavalry can be harder to deploy these mounted soldiers are able to follow orders more easily than nobles.
Cost: 35 Resources
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Unit Name: Griffin Knights
Description: Griffins are dangerous animals that are tamed only by the bravest. Each must bond with its rider, each beast being slightly larger than a horse makes them quite a terror to behold. Four legged eagle-like creatures with wings are the stuff of legends in other lands. Here they are a known former nuisance, now Griffin Knights take to using them as mounts rather than slaying them. In battle thanks to the size of the creatures they can wear full plate and mail armor making them hard to injure in the sky. Each carries with them a sword, focusing on diving into combat rather than relying purely on charges. Their mounts are unarmored as Griffins don't take kindly to them. A Griffin can rip a person apart in seconds.
Stats:

Unit Name: Lion Knights
Description: Lions are an exotic animal imported to the Starlands. These beasts are wild, yet some have found a way to tame them. As such they are ridden into battle in light plate and mail armor. Wielding axes and shields They can't handle too much weight and are lower to the ground than a horse but can easily rip a a person apart. Lions are incredibly fast in bursts but are not able to run for as long as horses. When dismounted their knights can fight alongside their lions to create an effective fighting duo.
Cost: 75 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Starry Knights
Description: Named for their great use in the Starlands, the Order of the Starry Knights are widely renowned across the world for their heraldry and combat prowess. In battle they wear some of the heaviest armor available, with horses covered in barding and steel. This makes it very hard to take down a Starry Knight. Each carries a heavy morning star which they use to crush armor from horseback. When dismounted their armor does slow them but it still protects them far more than it hinders them. A Starry Knight is so sought after that mostly high ranking nobles are capable of even leading them into battle, such as monarchs.
Stats:

Unit Name: Unicorn Knights
Description: It is said that Unicorns were once creatures rarely seen, this was until humans took to capturing, taming, and breeding them. Originally it was believed that Unicorns only allowed virgin riders. This is untrue though the myth lives on to this day, despite the anger it brings to Unicorn Knights. Some of the fastest horses around are Unicorns. While they do have a single horn on their head they're actually not that useful in combat. Instead Unicorns are adorned in mail for protection with their riders wearing full plate. This makes their charges incredibly deadly due to their great mass and speed. Unicorn Knights wield lances and are best kept on their Unicorns.
Cost: 90 Resources
Stats:

Missile Cavalry

Unit Name: Freeholder
Description: In the Starlands much of the population are people who work the land. It is from them that militia are raised. But even those with coin and their own land are expected to fight. Usually taken to battle as young adults they are trained for horseback riding and archery. This makes them a useful tool on the battlefield who often suffer low casualties. This is ideal as they're expected to live on and serve as land owners. With mail they are armored for some protection though they don't expect fights up close.
Cost: 45 Resources
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Giants
Description: Up in the mountains north of the Starlands reside many Giant tribes. These tribes while at odds with one another have struck many deals with the humans and Dwarves. This has allowed the Star Alliance to take in a number of them as warriors. Clad in Star Alliance mail armor, they are given trees to use as weapons and enter battle fighting alongside their allies. Standing at over ten feet in height, they are easy to hit with ranged weaponry but are true brutes up close. A Giant can lift a soldier and toss them like they're a sack of potatoes with ease. One doesn't normally face down Giants and live to tell the tale. Giants are strange to the common folk, they require a lot of food and rest and are easily winded, but in bursts of rage they can bring down even gates.
Cost: Epic
Rarity: 70 Resources
Stats:

Siege Engines

Unit Name: Star Bombard
Unit Type: Siege Engine
Description: Known as a cannon version of a battering ram, the Bombard is the heaviest form of cannon available in this age. Large in size and difficult to aim, they are best used against walls, towers, and gates. Though dangerous as they are capable of exploding, their ability to damage castles is the stuff of legends. A crew for a Bombard is often protected by timber walls and shields to allow them to more easily work without fear of being killed.
Stats:

Unit Name: Star Culverin
Description: A smaller form of cannon, the Culverin is designed to take out high value targets. Not as effective against groups of enemies, it can be helpful for taking out key foes or flying units.
Stats:

Unit Name: Star Organ Gun
Description: The Organ Gun is a deadly sight to behold. It is formed of seven cannons most commonly loaded with grape-shot that are linked and fire at the same time. Though only effective at short range, an Organ Gun can be used to effectively stop charges or deter enemies from attacking a position for fear of being blown apart.
Stats:

Unit Name: Star Trebuchet
Description: An older invention, the Trebuchet has seen a great deal of use over the centuries. With the ability to launch stone miles they are excellent for attacking structures that are out of effective cannon range. A Trebuchet is a true marvel of machinery and is one that has lasted the test of time.
Stats:

Elven Diarchy Units(WIP)
Special Units

Unit Name: Life Weaver
Description: While the light and shadow are heavily worshiped within the Deep and Sylvan Woods, one should not forget life itself. Those who would use the Weave to influence life around them are naturally known as Life Weavers. Sometimes referred to as druids, these mages are able to enhance nature, heal others, and communicate with animals.
Stats:

Unit Name: Light Weaver
Description: The light is highly revered in the Sylvan Woods, those who would bend it are known as Light Weavers. By using the Weave they are able to create and control light around them. This allows them to create illusions as well as use burning light when necessary. Light is seen as the force of giving life to the world by the Sylvan Elves.
Stats:

Unit Name: Shadow Weaver
Description: The shadow is highly revered in the Deep, those who would control it are known as Shadow Weavers. By using the Weave they are able to create and control darkness around them. This allows these mages to cast shadow magic or sap the heat and light from areas. Deep Elves view the shadow as being a protective and vengeful force capable of good and evil.
Stats:

Unit Name: Twilight Warrior
Description: A Twilight Warrior is a legendary figure to both the Sylvan and Deep Elves. Someone so engrossed in light and shadow that they have become one with them. A Twilight Warrior may step through the shadows or use blinding light to teleport. They wield two swords, one of light and dark which when they cross can create blasts of twilight energy. With both the light and dark protecting them they do not require armor, and instead leave their lives in the hands of the ever shifting twilight.
Cost: 120 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Twilight Weaver
Description: Those who are able to control both the light and shadow are known as Twilight Weavers. These highly sought after mages are a boon to the people of the Sylvan Woods and the Deep. They can come from either and are considered to be true exemplars of the balance of light and dark. A Twilight Weaver may cast both light and shadow magic, and typically carry with them a chaotic aura of twilight that shifts between light and shadow.
Cost: 95 Resources
Stats:

Light Infantry

Unit Name: Deeproad Keepers
Description: In the Deep the roads are protected by those known as Deeproad Keepers. These people are not truly soldiers but are a form of public servant. Each carries simple tools for making corrections that they can use in a fight if need be. Deeproad Keepers forever wander and paint maps across their bodies to aid in giving directions to souls lost within the Deep.
Stats:

Unit Name: Shadowblades
Description: Within the Deep are the Order of the Shadowblades. These warriors mostly keep to their own territories and do not wander greatly except when called upon for battle. They are seen as a form of police or militia that judge wrongdoings and hunt down the guilty. Each wields a cutlass that is dipped in the magic of the Deep, causing their blades to be pitch black and remove heat wherever they are. Shadowblades like to wear bones that hang from their loincloths making them a reminder of their duties as executioners as well.
Cost: 20 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Sylvan Rangers
Description: The Rangers are protectors of the woods deep within the Sylvan forests. These warriors are raised to be more reserved and concerned with self reflection. To others they appear less in tune with nature when the truth is they are more like an order of monks. The Rangers wield two shortswords in battle as well as mail armor that is very light.
Stats:

Unit Name: Sylvan Keepers
Description: The Keepers of the Sylvan forests are protectors of the wild. Rather than simply letting nature be encroached upon Keepers are tasked with protecting their woods from invaders. With spears in hand they protect their charges fiercely
Stats:

Heavy Infantry

Unit Name: Shadowkeepers
Description: Shadowkeepers live in the deepest recesses of the Deep. Underground nearly their entire lives, they have bodies so infused with shadow they bring darkness wherever they walk. It is hard to see a Shadowkeeper without a powerful light source, and they may blind those who cannot see in the dark who stand too close to them. Shadowkeepers live mostly in isolation and do not get along very well even with other Deep Elves. Their order was once a secret kept from their greater society until a need came to use them in battle. Shadowkeepers wear light plate and mail armor and wield spears and shields.
Stats:

Unit Name: Lightwalkers
Description: Lightwalkers are an ancient order of warriors of the Sylvan Elves. Recently they have taken to wearing a mix of light plate armor and mail. In battles they wield longswords that are blessed with the light. It is their belief that the light is a living thing and that all light in the world is a gift from their patron deity. However, they also see that a duality exists with shadow serving an important role as well. With their magically infused blades they can disorient foes with bright lights and burn those they cut.
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Unit Name: Shadowbolt Arbalests
Description: Shadowbolt Arbalests are often failed Shadow Weavers only capable of casting simple spells. Rather than let that talent go to waste they are trained in the art of firing Shadowbolts. These magical bolts are infused with shadow making them create coldness wherever they strike. Wherever they fly they absorb light causing darkness.
Stats:

Unit Name: Sylvan Archers
Description: Archery is an ancient art to the Sylvan Elves who mastered it long ago. Their archers as such are considered to be experts. Highly accurate, and able to fire on the move, as well as fire in between trees, they are a force to be reckoned with. A Sylvan Elf practically grows up with a bow meaning many of them become archers.
Cost: 15
Stats:

Unit Name: Lightarrow Archers
Description: Among the Sylvan Elves are those who are trained in the use of Lightarrows. These are usually people not magically strong enough to become Light Weavers, and instead can only cast minor spells. Lightarrows when fired have the same range as normal arrows but can be directed after firing and burn on contact. Enough of a concentration of them can even cause fires..
Cost: 50 Resources
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Unit Name: Shadow Wing Riders
Description: In the Deep there are Great Bats, large creatures that are nearly blind and rely upon sound to see. These creatures have been tamed by Shadow Wing Riders, who are able to fly in complete darkness. It should be mentioned these mounts are highly sensitive to loud noises. Their riders wield long spears that allow them to impale their foes. Great Bats while large are unarmored, and survive mainly on fruits and vegetables.
Stats:

Unit Name: Eagle Skyrunners
Description: By using the smaller cousins of Great Eagles, the Skyrunners have created an order of flying cavalry for that the Sylvan Elves desperately needed. A new organization, the Skyrunners tend to wear body paint and keep their hair long. They wield shortswords in combat and due to the weight limit for their mounts wear no armor. A Skyrunner while fragile can make deadly needed strikes when enemies least expect it. With the ability to hide in clouds, on clouds days they can go completely undetected. Yet the weather can highly impact their ability to fly.
Stats:

Unit Name: Sylvan Plainriders
Description: Plainriders are Sylvan Elves who are often living on the fringes of their society. Rather than living in heavily wooded areas they travel across the plains, leaving themselves more open. Among them it is common to speak about anything personal as they have little to keep private. Their horses are incredibly fast though not as hardy as others. In battle they wield shortswords and are excellent skirmishers and scouts.
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Unit Name: Sylvan Chargers
Description: Rather than ride on horses Sylvan Chargers ride atop Elk that are trained to run through enemies with their horns. Because of the grace of the Elk they are able to reposition easily and even leap out of danger. Each rider wields a long spear and a shield with only mail armor to cover them. It is hard to take down their mounts who are often able to sense coming danger and will protect their riders should they fall.
Stats:

Missile Cavalry

Unit Name: Widowmakers
Description: in the Deep are great horrors that many would rather not think about. Large eight legged creatures capable of carrying Deep Elves are one such creature. These spider riders are able to traverse inclines and difficult terrain on their spiders and climb walls. Their spiders are useful mounts but are low to the ground and are miserable at charges. Each uses the venom of their spider to dip their arrows in, making their arrows capable of paralysing targets over time. The Widows are also adept at seeing in pitch blackness but struggle in cold environments.
Stats:

Unit Name: Sylvan Raiders
Description: The Sylvan Forests are well known for their Raiders. These riders prefer to ride out and through the woods picking off targets between the trees. They are trained in firing under such conditions and are highly accurate. A Sylvan Raider is said to treasure their horses which they treat as if they were a member of the family.
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Ent
Description: Large ten foot tall creatures made entirely of wood, Ents are forest spirits that have chosen to fight alongside the Sylvan Elves in battle. Weak to fire, they are resistant to most types of magic and their thick bark makes them hard to damage. Missiles do little to them though chopping weapons have greater effect. The fury of the Ent makes them terrifying to behold as they often seek out those they consider the most guilty of harming nature itself.
Rarity:  Epic
Stats:

Unit Name: Great Ent
Description: These Ents are very ancient, having aged to the point where they can stand between twenty and thirty feet in height. They are weak to fire but resistant to most types of magic. Thanks to their thick bodies they are very hard to damage with physical means. A Great Ent may throw boulders allowing them to aid in the sieging of castles. As such large targets they are easy to hit.
Cost: 110 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Great Eagles
Description: Among the Sylvan Elves there are kept great birds of prey. These Great Eagles are massive creatures capable of lifting up a horse and rider in one fell swoop before crushing them in its claws. As predators they often eat those they kill and have a strong predatory sense knowing when to strike. With the ability to swiftly dive before rising again, they are an incredibly fast unit on the battlefield. Without any armor though they are very weak to missile fire and are at the mercy of the weather.
Stats:

Siege Engines

Unit Name: Weaveblaster
Description: A marvel of the Diarchy, these engines are created by mixing the physical with the immaterial. A Weaveblaster is able to take in the energy of the Weave and concentrate it into a single shot of either darkness or light. When fired they are able to strike even fast moving flying creatures. Made of sacred wood that is still alive despite being used to form a cradle for the magic, this siege engine is magically propelled and is the highest of magically infused technology available to the Elves.
Stats:

Coldblood Tribes Units(WIP)
Special Units

Unit Name: Apex Hunter
Description: Hunting is life to the Saurians. An Apex Hunter carries with them whatever weapons they need to use and wear armor made of rare and powerful animal bones. These reclusive creatures are dangerous even to their own kind, who they few as potential hunts. When brought into battle they are able to single out and target foes whom which often struggle to handle the hunt.
Stats:

Unit Name: Beastmaster
Description: Coldbloods are one with the beasts around them, no Coldbloods show this better than Beastmasters. While not as great of warriors as some of their kin, they are masters of handling animals and can speak to them. They make beasts around them fight with more ferocity and coordination.
Stats:

Unit Name: Coldblood Chieftain
Description: Each tribe is led by a Chieftain, this is a simple thing to understand. A Chieftain is often one of the strongest members of their tribe. Into battle they bring with them rare weapons and sometimes pilfered goods their forces have looted. Around them they have an aura of morale that improves the battle state of their kin.
Stats:

Unit Name: Coldblood Oracle
Description: Highly important to the Coldblood Tribes are their Oracles. These creatures often are cursed or haunted in some manner and are forced to sacrifice something of theirs in exchange for mystical powers. The most common sacrifice is that of the eyes, rendering many Oracles blind. Yet their powers often prove worth it, with the ability to divine some aspects of the future or cast divine magic, few question their methods. Oracles can cast spells such as heals, cures, or curses.
Stats:

Light Infantry

Unit Name: Tunnel Rats
Unit Type: Light infantry
Description: Among the Kobold armies of the Coldblood Tribes are the lowly Tunnel Rats. These simple people are often not warriors and instead focus mainly on mining and construction. When the need arises they can bring their tools to the battlefield. In a fight they aren’t much, without any armor to call their own they’re very weak to missiles. They do best against structures and are able to pierce armor with their pickaxes.
Cost: 10 Resource
Stats: Armor Piercing, Tunneler

Unit Name: Frog Warriors
Description: Kobolds share a deep love for amphibians and emulate especially those that live in their caverns. Frog Warriors are simple soldiers of the Kobold Tribes, they wear frogskin armor which is not very protective though it does offer great water resistance. In battle they wield spears and tend to have very colorful outfits. Easy to spot on the battlefield, they are adept swimmers.
Stats:

Unit Name: Salamander Warriors
Description: With their fondness for amphibians it should be no surprise that salamanders are high on the list of reverence for Kobolds. These warriors emulate their beloved salamanders and wear their skins into battle. Salamander skin is somewhat resistant and offers protection of similar caliber to steel mail. A bonus property it has is the ability to withstand great heats and fire. Their weapons are coated in special resins that allow them to stay aflame in battle. Despite their small size they can be a bit intimidating due to the weapons they wield, which are most commonly swords lit ablaze.
Cost: 30 Resources
Stats:

Heavy Infantry

Unit Name: Saurian Champions
Description: Those who have proven themselves time and time again to the Saurian Tribes can become known as Saurian Champions. Thanks to their thick scaled hides they are able to enter battle without much fear of death. Their scales are so strong they are able to deflect even mortal blows and resist missile fire. Champions wield halberds made from dinosaur bones which are as hard as steel. These halberds are able to batter and pierce armor though this leaves Champions without shields. In combat Champions are seldom rivaled by other Saurians.
Stats:

Unit Name: Saurian Killers
Description: The average Saurian is a large scaled beast with cold blood in its veins. These reptiles are primal in appearance though this betrays their true nature. For they are cunning hunters and cunning warriors. Saurian Killers are the average warriors of a Saurian Tribe, they wield bone clubs that are as hard as steel into battle. With their thick scales they can have even mortal blows deflected. The bone clubs they wield are able to batter armor and concuss their foes.
Stats:

Unit Name: Saurian Stalkers
Description: The stalking of prey is an ancient ritual to the Saurians born out of the need for food. A Stalker as such is a primal force of the Saurians. Protected by natural scales, claws, and teeth, these warriors are both stealthy and fearsome. Each carries with them a well and trusted spear often made with the bones and metals of their ancestors. Stalkers are commonly superstitious and believe that by wearing the bones of their ancestors they will become avatars for them and become more connected to their own roots.
Stats:

Unit Name: Drake Guardians
Description: Drakes are a beloved addition to the Coldblood Tribes. They value their Drakes and as such are highly protective of them. Thus they created the Drake Guardians, an order of warriors that wear the bones of Drakes as armor along with their scales. Each Drake Guardian wields a long spear tipped in the claws of a Drake. They huddle around the nests of Drakes and ensure that none may enter or leave save for the Drakes.
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Unit Name: Kobold Slingers
Description: Kobolds live underground, underground there are a lot of rocks. Thus the Slinger was born. An old weapon that has persisted to this day, Slings are used to lob rocks at enemies. They can batter armored foes but are otherwise rather weak and have short range.
Stats:

Unit Name: Salamander Archers
Description: Kobolds love Salamanders. There’s no denying it. One such reason is their ever burning flames. Salamander Archers take these flames and use them on bows which are infused with the magic of Salamanders. This allows them to fire flaming arrows easily, though in every other regard their archers are weak.
Stats:

Unit Name: Saurian Hunters
Description: Hunting is the way of life to the Saurians. While they do have their own domesticated animals the meat gained from hunting is the staple of Saurian diet. Their hunters are large creatures yet are able to sneak up on and kill prey. As such in melee and at a range they are deadly. Their bows are large and capable of damaging armor.
Cost: 40 Resources
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Unit Name: Frog Skirmishers
Description: Underground in the Kobold homes live many Great Frogs. These frogs are larger than even the Kobolds though they’re not large enough for Saurians to ride. One of the weaker form of mounted cavalry, Yet they are quite fast and are able to cross over obstacles. With their spears they can pounce on enemies.
Cost: 25 Resources
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Unit Name: Drake Impalers
Description: Drakes are a form of Wyvern, they are two legged scaled creatures with two wings that are able to match even Griffins in battle. With razor sharps claws and teeth, powerful tails, and scales protecting them from harm, Drakes are a deadly creature. Their riders are known as Impalers for they carry lances they use to impale foes.
Stats:

Unit Name: Raptor Impalers
Description: Raptors are two legged creatures with long tails and sharp claws and teeth. They’re able to pounce and move quite quickly, but are not able to run as fast as horses. Instead they’re better at traversing difficult terrain. Raptors tend to have feathers and are intelligent creatures that can work in packs. Their riders wield spears that they can use to impale their enemies.
Stats:

Missile Cavalry

Unit Name: Salamander Riders
Description: The Salamanders that Kobolds revere make for excellent mounts. While a warm ride these creatures can breath fire that the Kobolds use to light their arrows on fire. While not very useful in melee combat they can breath hot smoke over distances and use it to hide the movements of allies.
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Great Salamanders
Description: Among the Salamanders that Kobolds ride are their greater kin. These monsters are large and bulbous with eternal fire on their hides. Slow to move, they can be tamed and taught to wade into enemies and breath fire melting foes. They struggle with missile resistance and explode upon death.
Stats:

Unit Name: Hellkite Wyverns
Description: Second only to dragons, a Hellkite Wyvern is a massive red monster with two legs ending in claws and great wings capable of creating small storms. A Hellkite Wyvern can lift up an elephant with ease and rules the skies with very rarely anything to challenge it. With heavily armored scales and bones they can be incredibly hard to harm. Due to their temperament they can tend to turn on their masters and often require multiple Beastmasters to control them.
Cost: 130 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Tyrants
Description: One of the greatest land beasts around, Tyrants are bipedal dinosaurs that are massive with long tails and huge jaws capable of crushing bone and steel easily. Used by some of the greater warriors of the Coldbloods as mounts, Tyrants are brutal creatures that storm battlefields and crush all who stand in their way. Capable of tossing elephants, rarely anything outside of mythical creatures can challenge them.
Stats:

United Clans Units(WIP)
Special Units

Unit Name: Battle Assassins
Description: Goblins are quite literally backstabbers. It is said the first assassin ever was a Goblin. These figures often disguise as other units in battle so that they may ambush high value targets. It is common for them to use poisons, secret weapons, and use deception to get whatever they need done.
Stats:

Unit Name: Empaths
Description: Among the Orcs and Goblins are special magic users they call Empaths. An Empath is able to harness the emotions of friend and foe alike or manipulate them. They can inspire fear, rage, sorrow, or glee in others. Because of this they can be very handy for forcing enemies to route or their own allies to keep fighting on. Typically an Empath is a fearsome person who can feel the emotions around them, making being around them a tricky gambit.
Cost: 90 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Gladiators
Description:  Orcs and Goblins love bloodsport. They see battle as a rite of passage and often hire Gladiators, professional fighters. A Gladiator is not a slave like in many other cultures, instead they fight in arenas of their own choosing. These warriors are very battle hardened and trained in the use of a variety of weapons. They excel at fighting one on one or against beasts.
Stats:

Unit Name: Ogres
Description: These extra large Orcs are considered to be the pinnacle of Orcs. While this is up for debate what is known is they are large and very powerful. Each one wields a two handed steel club into battle that can absolutely break armor and kill opponents through their armor. Ogres are able to fight bare handed as well and on average stand at eight feet tall. Ogres are not bred and appear to be random mutations that happen.
Stats:

Unit Name: War Leaders
Description: During times of war a Clan Leader may become a War Leader. A War Leader is able to lead troops into battle, improve morale, and coordinate them. An effective one is also able to stand toe to toe with their enemies. These are some of the best of their kind and wear a mix of plate and mail armor into battle. Both Orcs and Goblins live among clans which they consider their larger families. A clanmate is someone you would defend to the death and fight back to back with in battle.
Stats:

Light Infantry

Unit Name: Goblin Diggers
Description: Goblins are more fond of living under than above ground. It is no surprise that many Goblins are Diggers, those who create their underground tunnels and lairs. A Digger relies upon simple tools for their job but can use them as weapons if the need arises. In battle they are rather weak and should only be used in combat as a last resort.
Stats:

Unit Name: Goblin Wilders
Description: Sometimes Goblins can take too much glee in battle. Those who utterly lose themselves are known as Wilders. Wilders paint their bodies to look skeletal. Typically they take mushrooms that enhance their views of the world before entering battle sending them into uncontrolled frenzies. At times they can do a lot of friendly fire but when directed at the enemy can deal a lot of damage. Each wields two steel spiked clubs.
Stats:

Unit Name: Mourners
Description: Many have lost loved ones whether due to war or other factors. Those who can only carry sorrow into battle became known as Mourners. They wear black clothing and carry spears.
Stats:

Unit Name: Nomad Warriors
Description: Those average people of the Orcish and Goblin clans are typically nomadic. They wander from place to place and frequently migrate. This can cause a lot of trouble for neighbouring groups who often dislike them. When the need arises a simple nomad can become a Nomad Warrior. They wield one handed axes and shields into battle and have cloth armor.
Stats:

Heavy Infantry

Unit Name: Berserkers
Description: Rage, sometimes one only has their anger to claim. A berserker is a wild warrior of fury that unleashes all of their rage in battle. They wield large two handed axes that can damage armor and wear very little or sometimes nothing at all. Usually berserkers are proud younger warriors still learning to control themselves in battle.
Stats:

Unit Name: Bloodlusters
Description: A Bloodluster really loves battle. They love it so much they mate to the thought of it. Each Bloodluster holds in their desires until after victory in battle for their ultimate pleasure. Some find it strange even among Orcs but to them there is no greater honor. In battle they wield large two handed swords with a mixture of plate and mail armor providing them with good protection.
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Unit Name: Screechers
Description: Orcish archers like to inspire fear in their enemies. As such they have designed special arrowheads that create a screeching sound as they whistle towards their targets. As they are physically mighty they can handle greater draw strengths, so their bows are able to hit targets so hard they can pierce armor. Though they’re very inaccurate.
Stats:

Unit Name: Whisperers
Description: Goblin archers can be a bit on the nasty side. They are not especially strong but make up for this with poisons. Each arrow is coated in a poison that fatigues those hit by it making them weaker over time. Because of this they’ve been called Whisperers, for they’re silent killers.
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Unit Name: Howlers
Description: Goblins that ride into battle like they’re coming straight out of hell. They howl in battle along with their Warg mounts, as their name implies. A Howler can rile up nearby allies giving them a morale boost. In battle they wear no armor and carry spears that they use for lancing foes.
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Unit Name: Bellowers
Description: These Orcs ride creatures known as Chimera. A Chimera tends to be a creature with the head and body of a lion, head of a goat, and tail of a scorpion. They are slightly larger than the average horse and are terrifying creatures in combat. Bellowers roar into battle along with their Chimera. These riders wield axes and ride through crushing heads, their mounts are also capable of attacking their enemies in a variety of ways. Bellowers wear a mix of mail and plate armor with open faced helms.
Stats:

Missile Cavalry

Unit Name: Yellers
Description: Often older, these warriors ride Wargs into battle and carry with them shortbows. They lack in armor piercing capability but are highly accurate even when moving. When fighting the Yellers like to call out targets and shout in glee when they hit the target accurately.
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Manticore
Description: A relative of the Chimera, Manticores are large monsters roughly the size of an elephant. Each Manticore is a deadly creature with the head and body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion. They are able to fire spines from their torso and have poisonous, well, everything. Even their blood is dangerous to come into contact with. Manticores are hard to tame and as such may go on a rampage in battle attacking all around them.
Stats:

Unit Name: Trolls
Description: With stony skin and bodies taller than your average tree, Trolls are mighty monsters to bring into a battle. They slowly regenerate as time goes on though fire will halt this process. A Troll is not very bright, they are simple creatures that are easy to manipulate and trick. Their bodies while strong are weak to magic. Typically they enter battle without any weapons and rely entirely on their physical might to defeat foes. The average Troll likes to eat its foes.
Stats:

Siege Engines

Unit Name: Screaming Catapult
Description: A classic, the Screaming Catapult often gets the job done. This Siege Engine has been tried and true for millenia, being used in sieges whenever called for. What makes the Screaming Catapult special is that it can easily be loaded with stones cut in such a way that they whistle through the air before they hit a spot. This helps to inspire fear and the name of the Screaming Catapult.
Stats:

MetaAugustus

Read the op and think this will be an awesome world to explore/influence.  Will be reading the lore once this gaming session is done and start planning a character more in full.

Tolvo

Cool, let me know if you've got any questions. I am also going to add some more to the lore section in a bit.

Tolvo

Alright the Unholy Aristocracy units are now completed or at least are in their final stages. I have also added more NPC's. I normally would make even more NPC's but I'm trying to work within the post text limit amounts. I may need to make additional reserved posts in the OOC/Information thread to show everything.

Unholy Aristocracy Units
Special Units

Unit Name: Arch Vampire
Description: A Vampire is still just a Vampire, that is unless they have become an Arch Vampire. Also known as a Head Vampire, these creatures are more powerful versions of their kin that are capable of raising and controlling the dead. Far more to them though is their physical prowess, with the capability to crush steel in their hands they are mighty warriors. In battle they tend to wear plate and mail armor and wield a weapon of their choosing. Arch Vampires like to serve as nobles in the Aristocracy and are considered vassals to the Blood Emperor. Their lesser Vampires pay them a blood tax and they themselves in turn pay the Blood Emperor.
Stats:

Unit Name: Unholy Hero
Description: Something the Vampires and Liches are fond of doing is raising ancient heroes to fight for them. An Unholy Hero is one such instance of this. They are bound by magic to serve their new masters though they retain some of their former memories. In battle they are powerful fighters that wear armor and wield weapons of legends and myths. When their controller is killed their spirit is either freed or they are left as an intelligent Undead forced to live again until they die finally.
Stats:

Unit Name: Lich
Description: Liches are extremely magically powerful Undead. Often they are old creatures who were magic users in life who were turned to a darker purpose. Many started as Necromancers and gained greater power thanks to the Exile or other Liches. The Liches have joined with the Vampires and now serve as commanders of their forces. A Lich cannot truly die and instead is resurrected when defeated, only by destroying their Phylactery can one be truly killed. In battle Liches use powerful magic of whatever their origin was, along with that they are exceptional at raising and controlling the dead.
Stats:

Unit Name: Necromancer
Description: A Necromancer is one who is capable of raising and controlling the dead. Rather than having typical offensive spells they focus on the Undead. With a Necromancer around Undead soldiers will regenerate and be arisen, though should the Necromancers in control be killed their Undead will go on a wild rampage or simply fall apart. Necromancers are not usually Undead themselves and manage to blend in with other societies keeping their positions as Necromancers a secret.
Stats:

Light Infantry

Unit Name: Cultists
Description: Cultists are those who belong to one of the many cults that are found across the continent. Usually they come from the common folk and are people who feel wrong or that they are all doomed by some prophecy. They have come to serve the Vampires and Undead as their masters in the hopes of gaining some form of immortality themselves. Each carries a simple tool and wears cloth into battle.
Stats:

Unit Name: Ghouls
Description: Ravenous Undead that come from the Badlands and feast upon flesh are known as Ghouls. They’re semi-intelligent and are capable of using simple tools. In battle they are equipped with knives and like to cut up and feast upon those they kill. A Ghoul is quite fast and of average strength, making them handy against other light infantry. Due to their eating of corpses they often inspire fear and hatred in their enemies.
Stats:

Unit Name: Skeleton Warriors
Description: Mindless and without any flesh to call their own are Skeletons. They serve greater Undead and Vampires. A Skeleton Warrior is equipped with a shield and spear, they are able to help repel cavalry attacks but are very weak in actual melee. It is hard to hit them with missile weapons though as they may pass right in between their bones.
Stats:

Unit Name: Zombies
Description: Possibly the weakest form of infantry that can be found. Zombies are mindless shambling Undead that require someone controlling them. Whatever they died in is what they wear, and typically they are not even capable of holding weapons. The best use of Zombies is soaking up missile weaponry and forming barriers of meat to block enemy movements.
Stats:

Heavy Infantry

Unit Name: Executioners
Description: Executioners are mindless Undead that are risen for the purpose of serving as warriors. Often in life they were once great soldiers who have now been forced to fight once again. They wield two handed axes that are able to batter and damage armor or chop through bones. Their armor is heavy plate which makes them a bit slower but provides for a good defense.
Stats:

Unit Name: Vampire Warriors
Description: To become a Vampire is considered a blessing among them. When one is transformed into a Vampire they become superhuman and are capable of besting most who would have been their equals. Vampire Warriors are the lowest caste of fully intelligent Vampires, they are weak to sunlight, fire, and silver. In battle they wear plate and mail armor and wield longswords that allow them a deal of versatility in combat.
Stats:

Missile Infantry

Unit Name: Skeleton Archers
Description: Mindless and under the control of others, Skeleton Archers are not very accurate. Instead they rely on their numbers and volleys en mass to deal any real damage. Their range is shorter than the average archer and they use simple bows and arrows. At the same time they are harder to hit with missiles as they lack flesh.
Stats:

Light Cavalry

Unit Name: Reapers
Description: Reapers are meant to invoke the imagery of Death personified. These undead are mindless and require the control of another to be used in battle. A Reaper is dressed in flowing robes and wields a scythe in battle meant for decapitating the unsuspecting. Often they collect the heads so they may be reanimated and sapped of knowledge and life by Vampires. They’re effective against infantry but not armor, though they are quite fast.
Stats:

Heavy Cavalry

Unit Name: Blood Templars
Description: Once an order of secretive human knights, the Blood Templars have been inducted into the ranks of Vampires. As lesser Vampires they've had their physical might boosted and thanks to their full covering suits of plate armor they are able to fight in sunlight without too much of an issue. The knights have forsaken the Star Alliance to serve their masters, though to outsides they still appear loyal. Some even fight for the Star Alliance still to keep up the illusion and hide the fact that now they are Vampires. With heavy thick red plate armor they are immune to most physical means of damage. In battle they carry heavy lancing for running through foes and can lance armor with them.
Stats:

Unit Name: Gargoyles
Description: A new creation of the Unholy Aristocracy, these large creatures are the size of horses. They have thick scaly skin and wide wings that allow them to fly. Each Gargoyle looks very different from the last making them easy to recognize. A Gargoyle is simple-minded, and focuses mainly on the taking of blood to drink. In battle it is hard to get them to follow orders but thankfully they are large and powerful enough to still be effective. Though they are slow moving on the ground.
Stats:

Monsters

Unit Name: Abomination
Description: Craftwork creatures made up of many bodies, an Abomination stands taller than the average person and resembles a being that has been stitched together. They typically do not have a mind of their own and are animated and controlled by others. Each can be armored and given simple weapons, while a bit slow they are very powerful with superhuman strength. Though a common problem is they are weak to fire.
Stats:

Unit Name: Strigoi
Description: A cruel monster that is a mixture of undead and demonic in origin. A Strigoi is not weak to sunlight like other Vampires though it is weak to silver and garlic. These creatures can become partially invisible, only giving away their movements with a perceptible shimmer. A Strigoi is the result of a Warlock and a Vampire working in tandem to birth a creature from an already living soul. With little remaining of their old features, the Strigoi are large monsters with crimson hair and golden eyes that can rip through metal and constantly scream. Hard to kill, these creatures are weak to magic making mages the best bet for inflicting harm upon them.
Cost: 95 Resources
Stats:

Unit Name: Gorgon
Description: Gorgons are secretive and protective monsters. With the upper half resembling a human and their lower half being that of a serpent, they are easy to spot. Scales cover their whole bodies and rather than hair they have snakes that grow from their scalps. With deep red eyes that can petrify others, and claws capable of cutting through stone, Gorgons are deadly indeed. The Gorgons have struck a deal with Vampire-kind, as they are blood drinkers as well. In battle they use their natural armor and weapons to rip apart those who would dare face them. Do not stare into a Gorgon’s eyes for doing so may render you paralysed for a short time.
Stats:

Important NPC's(WIP)

High Constable Katharine Heilbringer - Born a mere peasant, Katharine was without a last name and was the daughter of a smith. She learned the craft as well and served as apprentice to her father until she was brought into a militia to serve her king. As a soldier and smith she had a good mix of skills that aided her on campaign. During an ambush of their camp she took up a sword while at the forge and slew every soldier that approached her. Battle after battle she slaughtered her foes until her king finally rose her to the position of High Constable. In that position she became a war leader and became a pillar of the Star Alliance, helping to draft much of its military doctrine. She rides atop a gray Griffin named Ruinbringer, and wields her sword Black Fang into battle.

High Queen Genevieve de L'etoileterre - Originally but the sister to the true heir to the throne, Francis IV, after his death in battle without any heirs of his own the crown was passed to Genevieve. At first she didn't wish to rule but after seeing the state of her people she took to the throne and became Queen of L'etoileterre. This kingdom of the Starlands was in decline until she began to ensure diplomatic relations improved. By using other relatives of hers to form marriages and alliances she soon found herself as a cornerstone of the Starlands. While not as great a warrior as some rulers, she was known as a shrewd and capable politician and during the accords to form the Star Alliance she was the most voted for to take the position of High Queen. Rather than having a prideful leader they gained a pragmatic one who now wishes to see her people triumph.

Argarin the Iron King - An abnormal sight to behold, Argarin is a Dwarf with skin as hard as iron. He was born this way much to the displeasure of his mother who birthed him. She raised him to become her heir and saw to it that he would be a humble ruler. When she died in battle against the Orcs he sword to avenge her by killing whoever led the Orcs. Unfortunately they do not have one leader so he's not quite sure how to properly avenge her as of yet. With iron skin he is able to repel most blows dealt against him and on top of it he wears mithril armor that renders him near invincible. His favored weapon is a two handed hammer called Doom with a wide head.

Brunhilda the Giant Queen - Brunhilda was born of an unusual union between a Dwarf and a Giant. As such despite having Dwarven blood in her veins she is seven feet tall. This makes her look like a particularly stocky and large human. With her size has come a great deal of power both physical and political. At first people questioned her loyalties but she smashed their skulls in until people stopped asking. She rules over the Dwarves of the north and has a strong alliance with the Giants whom which see her as kin. Brunhilda has golden hair that drapes down her back in twin pigtails that she keeps braided. She always carries her great halberd with her known as Skysinger. Her and Argarin the Iron King have some disagreements but both see the wisdom of the Star Alliance in these trying times.

Krittikocol the Great Prophet of Dragons - Who she was the Saurians may truly never know. One day Krittikocol arrived in their lands claiming to be a prophet. She performed mere miracles that were lesser than other Oracles which brought her into question. Her words were confusing to the Saurians who ran her out, only for her to return ten years later with a new prophecy. Rather than the tricks she played before she created a mountain and grew life on it before their very eyes. It became known as Dragon Rest and is a holy site where Drakes lay their eggs. It is her prophecy that one day a Dragon unlike any other will come into the world to destroy it, and that only by becoming the greatest hunters they can will a single Saurian hero defeat it and save the world. She fanned the flames of war in the belief that only by testing themselves against other races will they be able to forge a true hero in the fires of battle.

Chieftain Burgbolgor the Enraged - Of all the Kobolds who live beneath Kkrikku none are quite as dangerous as Chieftain Burgbolgor. It is said his anger knows no limits nor does his hatred. Once he was but a simple servant until he took to the slaying of a Drake by himself. This earned him a great deal of praise but not the position of Chieftain which he sought. Rather than wait he killed his Chieftain and took her position as leader of the Godokin Tribe. His first act was to wage war with their kin until he had conquered much of the dens of Kobolds. Rather than wage war with the Saurians he joined in the brewing unification that was being brought up. Now with his eyes on the Deep and Dwarven territories, he seeks to aggressively expand once again and crush his enemies. He wields the famed axe Grindbonesmash.

Nehekra the Blood Emperor - A hundred years ago Nehekra was born as a possible future heir to the throne of the Deep Emperor. He was not first in line nor was he last, instead being forced to wait roughly seventy years before his coronation. At that age he was considered wise, his pale skin and white hair was easily visible to those around him. It was a mark of his royalty. When he was in his youth he had been known for his power as a Shadow Weaver, and in his old age he became known for his generosity. Late into his rule though he became obsessed with an artifact of Hell that had been brought before him by a Warlock. It was a simple goblet that he discovered only too late was cursed. It bound him to it, though the Warlock had not anticipated the Emperor's resolve as he slew her. With a curse attached to him to every day drink blood or he'd whither away he came to study it intently. By using his magic and linking it with the goblet he was able to turn it into his own item, now dubbed the Goblet of the Blood Emperor, in secret he used it to turn himself and those close to him into Vampires. One day he was deposed by his younger brother who saw him as having lost his mind, Nehekra went with the charade and pretended to be dead only to rise in secret. Now he has formed his own aristocracy of unholy allies across multiple nations. He uses them to his own ends and seeks to once again rule, as the Blood Emperor.

Kel'Ethil the Exile - Kel'Ethil was once a servant of his king. He was a mage who protected the line of King Hierogrin the Bold, Gierogrin's family were close with him. Known as a proud and heroic sorcerer of his time, he helped in the repelling of the old Orcish Hordes that once dominated the Badlands when Humanity kept a border with it. During a pivotal battle Humanity was losing against the Hordes, Kel'Ethil gathered other mages like him and joined in casting a great ritual spell that was so devastating the left over magic radiation still lasts in the Badlands. His spell destroyed the Orcish Hordes but in the process killed a portion of his King's army and his son. To punish him Kel'Ethil was stripped of everything and sent to wander the Badlands till death, alone. What happened there is still a mystery but now he rules it having raised the Orcs of old as his mindless servants and warriors in death. He grew to become the most powerful Lich known in the world and now deals with Vampires in secret, hoping to get his revenge on humanity.

jeflint

Morning, I was looking at this and it looked interesting.

Have room for a pansexual demon willing to do most anything for money? Flirt and a kill, what a thrill. Need that cargo protected no questions asked as long as pay is there I do not care.

Not a merc for Merc sake, just a character who is used to being the butt of a joke and hated and wears it like a badge of office while making a living.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Tolvo

Sure a character like that could work, especially fits with the idea of someone getting swept up into something perhaps more than they bargained for.

Eddren

Player Name: Eddren
Name: Victor Laeon
Alias(es): The Chanter of the Sundered Veil
Species: Human
Faction: Star Alliance

Appearance: Victor came from exceptional blood, but not too inbred, and as such cuts an imposing figure. At six foot one, he stands above many of his peers, and his physique is muscular enough to be imposing, were it not for the somber expression worn at most times. He has brown eyes and long, blonde hair kept in a ponytail. His features are delicate, with no scars upon them. His hands, once the soft hands of a noble-gone-cleric, are hardened by battle, and despite his general contemplative nature, he exudes an aura of command, calculation, and grief.

Personality: Victor is a man of many, many words. He often goes on long speeches and monologues, and sometimes speaks to no-one in particular. He is considered fairly inspiring to his men, and quite eloquent, but overall he is seen as a serious figure. One whom his friends come to for advice and for a reinforcing hand, but not necessarily for merrymaking. He is known for brutality on the battlefield where it can save his men in the long run, but compassion to those removed from it. Conversely, this compassion seems to ebb and flow, depending on a calculus of life he's all too willing to explain, but often is agreed upon.

Backstory: Victor was born a noble of small stature within the Star Alliance. He was the middle child and, being a gentle child, was sent to the clergy in order to be raised somewhere far away from battle. By a terrible twist of fate, it was battle he found within the clergy. The village he'd been assigned to as priest was the site of an Orc raiding party, and after having lead refugees in a daring escape, he almost lost his head when the Orcs had caught up. It was only by taking up the blade himself that he was able to kill but a single Goblin--And faint with its corpse upon him. He did not survive as a hero, but as a survivor. With horrific flashbacks, he trekked his way back to the nearest monastery only to find it, too, had been raided. In all, it took him a month to finally return to civilization, half-delirious and with his wounds poorly treated. It took another three months for him to recover enough to return to the Clergy. This time, he'd been assigned to a border fortress. It bode ill for his desire not to perpetuate war, but the men of the Fort needed the Gods as any other might, and so he dutifully continued serving.
But the Commander was neither a man of the Gods, nor competent enough to lead his men, and when the Saurians struck at their position, it was his incompetence that nearly cost the Fort, and those soldiers holding it, their lives. Victor had attempted to give him some advice on how to hold longer--His education as a noble gave him such basic knowledge of tactics--But the Commander would have none of it. Refusing to see the men around him die, and understanding that a second such raid might be the death of him, Victor took matters into his own hand and slew the Commander, taking command himself. The men, while hesitant to follow his orders, were more than willing to take orders that weren't increasingly futile.
Even with such commands, however, the men suffered heavy casualties, and Victor would have lost the day, were it not for a man he'd long considered suspicious that resided in the Fort. He was known by the men as a Warlock, though had never done anything untoward. When the Commander had been in charge, the man had paid the soldiers no mind, but apparently when Victor, a clergyman, had given up his vow to not spill innocent blood, the man had taken interest. He had offered his services, and Victor could not afford to turn them away. The blood and horrors Victor had witnessed that day were like no other, and were it not for that very stranger, Victor may have slain himself in horror. Including Victor and the stranger, twelve men in total walked away. The man in camp later introduced himself as Dezeroth, and through Dezeroth the other eleven learned a new philosophy, one that shaped their hearts and steeled them for the horrors ahead.
From this time on, Victor decreed himself dead to the Gods, for by his own eyes he witnessed that the Gods were not present on the battlefield. It was man that slew his fellow, and man that saved him, and if it were man that Victor had to rely on, then he would rely first and foremost upon himself--Even if that meant he personally would blacken the land with fire and blood. Whatever it took to bring the peace and, with it, return the Gods to power.

Abilities:
From the Throne Comes Wisdom: Victor is an exceptional scholar. Whilst in the Clergy and during his youth as a noble, he'd had the opportunity to read upon many varied subjects. As a result, many phenomena he observes are not entirely unfamiliar to him, and while he may not immediately recognize them by sight, upon seeing their effect, he may well be able to recognize their properties and origin.
From the Gods Comes Might: Victor's time in the Clergy has taught him the secrets of inspiring man. He has found what is required in good speeches, and the sort of actions that lead to goodwill among others. To his men, Victor is not just a Commander, but the bastion of their cause, for whom they are willing to ignore what their eyes see as madness and what their ears call suicide.
From the Blade comes the Trial: Victor's eyes were opened upon the battlefield, and so it is on the battlefield that Victor sees most clearly. When fighting against opponents of other factions, Victor is often able to concoct his own uses for their powers. If presented the opportunity to augment his strength with that of another Race or Species, Victor can do so in ways not standard to their people.

The Lance of the Gods' Unfaithful: To make up for his lack of commune with the gods, Victor has turned to another source of power: the Warlocks. Dezeroth gifted Victor a halberd, imbued with Daemonic power named 'Timarus'. Through it, Victor can channel dark magics, though in order to do so he has to have some idea as to how to structure it. By Dezeroth's own statement, it reacted only to those who fought to own it. His price in return remains unknown.

The Ten Witnesses: Victor has ten lieutenants that he can rely upon for any job: The survivors of the massacre at the Fort. These ten men are beyond even the term 'veteran,' and though not especially well-armed, is a force to be reckoned with.

Attire: When in battle, Victor goes fully armored in plate, complete with a visored helm. The steel is clean and well-polished, as Victor is a man of order, and he wears a brown-and-grey combat jacket. Out of combat, he wears robes, not too terribly unlike his time in the clergy, save these are imprinted with designs of flowers and snakes, of wheels broken and throughout all of it is intricate scrollwork. They are green, with a white underrobe, and knee-high boots. His hands are always gloved.

Equipment: Victor is a strong believer in firearms, and always carries a brace of pistols. In addition, he often keeps on his horse an Arquebus, and of course keeps his Halberd Timarus.

Tolvo

Character accepted Eddren, very nice. You can also post in the OOC thread if you like to discuss things further.

Hamadryad

Tolvo

Hamadryad

Player Name: Hamadryad.
Name: Joan de Valois-Bauffremont .
Alias(es): Grand Duchess of Chatonnay, no aliases as of yet.
Species: Human.
Race: Vampire.
Faction: Unholy Aristocracy.

Appearance: Joan's appearance is regal in nature, with neat and strong features which send out messages of strength and composure. She is a generally attractive woman, with a thin nose and plush lips, deep hazel eyes with a sullen look rest below a pair of thick light-brown eyebrows. Joan has an athletic form, thin and agile with slightly defined muscles. Her flesh is a porcelain white, some would say unnaturally so. She is tall for a woman, yet not imposingly so. She has a fair bust you could consider large with the consideration of her body type and wide hips with a round butt. She performs actions with elegant pride, head always held high.

Personality: Joan is a cold and calculated bureaucrat, a downright master of the noble court, diplomacy and etiquette. Many of her fellow nobles have described her as one of L'etoileterre's political arena's greatest combatants, second only to Queen Genevieve herself. She is very driven, not letting many things interfere with her goals and intentions. She has a very dominant personality, with requests often sounding more like orders. The Duchess typically doesn't engage in much personal relations, moreso garnering the respect of those around her as opposed to their friendship or love.

Backstory:

Joan was born under a starry nightsky 33 years before the great war. Her lineage belonged to that of the great noble house of de Valois-Bauffremont. Her father was Louis, a famed battlecommander and a veteran of war. Though he was of an advanced age when Joan was born, it was truly quite the miracle that his seed remained strong at such an age. He barely had the time to teach his daughter, his sole heiress, anything he had learned over his many years. Soon after Joan was born, he succumbed to old age and left the task of teaching the young Duchess to his wife, Alice. Joan's mother was a capable diplomat, and passed on much of her knowledge to her daughter, though her daughter soon far surpassed even her own mother.

Joan grew older and older, and her capabilities in social webweaving and diplomacy only increased. Through her duties as Grand Duchess, she was introduced to the military scene and tutored by various other nobles within L'etoileterre's ruling class as well as some tutors left in her own castle of Chatonnay who served with her father. While she never did become a masterful tactician, she did retain an amount of military knowledge with rendered her to be a capable commander.

She ruled her realm well, presiding over her little faction of L'etoiletterean militarists and keeping them in line under Francis' rule, whom she had a decent relationship with, despite her tendency to avoid personal relationships. Perhaps it was more of a mutual respect between the pair. Though, unbeknown to the world around her, things changed drastically when she was sent as the head of a diplomatic envoy to the court of Nehekra, the Deep Emperor. This elf seduced her with promises of unlimited power and influence and took her into his dark cabal of Vampires. Rumours did stick around of such a happening on account of Joan's change over that envoy's trip, becoming even colder and more calculated than usual. The whitening of her already pale skin didn't quite help either.

Though she returned to L'etoileterre as one of Nehekra's first ever agents in the Kingdom. At first the Duchess struggled with how to enact the will of Nehekra within the Kingdom, though with Francis' death and Genevieve's ascension to the throne, she found the perfect time to sew dissent. Truthfully, she even made an attempt on the throne with her faction of militarists, but the apt diplomat Genevieve quickly attained too much power for Joan's faction to contend with. The Queen never knew about such an attempt, but was aware of the rumours about it that circulated the noble courts for about a year after her ascension to the throne. Though Joan still acted in the dark, slowly building a deep loyalty amongst her faction through converting a few other nobles to Vampirism, a task she is intent on continuing.

Abilities:

Masterful Diplomat - Joan is one of the greatest wordsmiths and persuaders in L'etoileterre, and perhaps even in the world beyond it.

Political Webweaver- The Duchess is a very capable of intrigue, often crafting plots and conspiracies to achieve her goals.

Capable tactician - While not a master of the battlefield, she is still capable of making sound military decisions.

Vampiric Reflexes, Speed and Strength - Joan possesses advanced strength, speed and reflexes that surpasses normal humans on account of her vampirism.

Expert fighter - While she was a mere journeyman fighter prior to becoming a vampire, her new strength, reflexes and speed have allowed her to become a very deadly threat in combat.

Journeyman Bloodmagic - As a higher vampire, Joan possesses a journeyman ability in bloodmagic. With a minor ability to manipulate blood, such as moving, boiling and using it for healing purposes.

Attire:

General Dress 1

Elegant Dress 1

Battle Armour

Equipment: Typically, Joan wields nothing unless she is outfitted for battle.

When outfitted for battle, she wields a pistol and holds a cavalry sabre on standby in the case of melee combat.

Tolvo