Fueding Bloods (Vampire Role Play) Now open to RP, but ongoing to enter~

Started by Sairin, February 01, 2012, 11:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sairin

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on February 09, 2012, 07:32:19 PM
I was wondering about the age structure. In terms of vampires, was there a first vampire at some point, and if so, when would that have been? I'm wondering in terms of my characters' age. Just in terms of what old means for a vampire.

The plot is set in modern day and there are vampire clans scattered throughout the world. Each clan has several vampires and rules a territory. Our story will remain in Baker but this concludes that vampires have been around for a very very long time. Although slightly unknown, some may have been recorded around the time of the "Romans".

Kaiten

Well, since the question pool is filling up, I'll take a dip myself.

What weaknesses do vampires have? Cause I think you did pretty much their strengths.

Narianna

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on February 09, 2012, 07:32:19 PM
I was wondering about the age structure. In terms of vampires, was there a first vampire at some point, and if so, when would that have been? I'm wondering in terms of my characters' age. Just in terms of what old means for a vampire.

If you're playing a Royal or Outsider caste, wouldn't your age be no older than the King was?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Narianna on February 09, 2012, 07:50:29 PM
If you're playing a Royal or Outsider caste, wouldn't your age be no older than the King was?

I'm playing the outsider leader. If all the Royals were descended from the King, then, yes. How old was the king?
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Narianna

Well he'd be around 500 in Undead years and 50 in life... But maybe you could play someone that posed as a Royal but was actually older than all of them? Just an idea if you wanted to be older :)

PeacethatPowerbrings

Presumably a vampire could have joined the royals in the meantime, if leaving and joining other clans works as it does between the outsiders and royals.

Sairin

Quote from: Narianna on February 08, 2012, 08:16:24 PM
I love everyone's profiles!

On a side note: I have absolutely no idea what the GM's ideas on reproduction in vampires are. In Laurel K Hamilton books, vampires sometimes have a seed laying in dormant for years and it's possible to reproduce but highly unlikely. Maybe that could be the case here? If reproduction doesn't happen at all, I'll just say that the King had gone slightly mad with his grief and just assumed the child was his...

Apologies, I missed this one.
I do not mind either which way~ whatever the story calls for is fine with me.

As for the vampire's weakness, most of the "myths" about vampires are just that; myths. They are however weak to sunlight and cannot spend more than a second's time in the light and even with this they become extremely weak really quickly. With this being said, most, if not all, vampires die in the sunlight as they only have seconds of time to get into the shadows while their power becomes diminished, weaker than a human's even. If a vampire is lucky enough to be saved from daylight, they are weakened for a long period of time as they lose their healing touch. In addition to this, any wounds added to a vampire that was exposed to sunlight will recover longer then normal. This can lead to death if obtaining serious injury especially if losing blood.
Losing all blood will lead to death of a vampire. A vampire's natural instinct is to enter the "Vampire Frenzy" to save themselves from this. The frenzy will lose the vampire's mind as its body takes control to feast. Once feasted they return to normal.
Lastly, it was stated that the old Royal king used a dagger to kill his own that went against the Royals or broke the rules. Vampire hunters (Note this is the vampires that hunt vampires, not humans as humans are still researching ways to kill vampires) will also use similar weapons made of a particular metal that stops the healing process of a vampire. When wielding a melee slashing weapon made of this metal, the slashes become unable to heal on a vampire's own. When wielding a gun with bullets made of this metal, the bullets will embed into the vampire and slowly disintegrate the body from the inside out. Any wounds with this type of metal is reversible with mending aid, however, only few vampires know the cure.

Sairin

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on February 09, 2012, 08:04:30 PM
Presumably a vampire could have joined the royals in the meantime, if leaving and joining other clans works as it does between the outsiders and royals.

Correct, this could have happened.

Also the King wasn't born the Royals leader. He brought up his own clan, possibly living under a clan for centuries before that.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Sairin on February 09, 2012, 08:07:22 PM

Also the King wasn't born the Royals leader. He brought up his own clan, possibly living under a clan for centuries before that.

That was my assumption, but as per Narianna's character sheet, the King never had another clan, or lived anywhere else.

Sairin

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on February 09, 2012, 08:11:53 PM
That was my assumption, but as per Narianna's character sheet, the King never had another clan, or lived anywhere else.

Either way, if you wish to live older than 500 years, you may have been from a different clan or just an outcast and recruited to be one of the first Royals.

Kaiten

Way I saw it, it's not like it's something that would be openly told to everyone. I mean keeping your past a secret from those under you is a control tactic. Makes you enigmatic.

Narianna

Quote from: Sairin on February 09, 2012, 08:07:22 PM

Ohhhh... I was unaware of that. But it makes sense. Would you like me to edit that into the background?

Sairin

Quote from: Narianna on February 09, 2012, 08:17:58 PM
Ohhhh... I was unaware of that. But it makes sense. Would you like me to edit that into the background?

Sorry, I never did state that~ My fault. Yes please, if you could~

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Soren Altgeist III
Age: Assumed to be at least 1000 years old. Appears to be in his late 20's
Personality: Extremely unstable. Although not insane, Soren is driven by beliefs which came to distinguish him from the King of the Royals. As a result he tends to do whatever he desires to do, making him somewhat unstable in his responses. He generally seizes upon whatever he feels and pursues it, in the furtherance of a philosophy only he knows in full. Extremely intelligent, Soren is generally hedonistic, though what he finds pleasurable may depend on the situation.
Faction: Outsider
Descent: Unknown.
Background: As an extremely old vampire, Soren was not privy to a clan in the early years of his membership among the undead. Travel and a second youth overtook him, as he explored the world. Generally interacting with humans, Soren would join noble families of humans, usually as an advisor, or scholar, eventually incorporating himself into their household. As he became more indispensable, he would take a title, or style himself a member of the family. When his agelessness became a subject of discussion, usually as children grew older, he would move on, taking with him his new name, and using its value to do the same elsewhere. His travels were usually only interrupted by his attending to something he viewed as significant in human or vampire affairs, usually observing or participating in a war, or other conflict, whether vampire or human.

Though Soren technically had a clan, he was unable to rejoin them, due to their annihilation at some point during his travels. Considered clanless, he was recruited to be one of the first Royals by the King. He remained with the Royals despite his changing views up until the night on which the King's daughter was to be executed. He left that night, creating his own clan, the Outsiders.

Appearance of your character Either through picture or a description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Sairin

Alright, I think it's about time we began this. I'll post the link when I have it available in my last post and edit into the end of my original post~ In order to begin I ask that you complete your profiles. I'll italicize those that have not posted one yet in my original post.

Since this is a city, I don't mind if more people will join as long as they leave their profile here.

If you have more questions I will be more than happy to answer them here~

Welcome to Baker City, Royals, Outsiders and humans!

Kaiten

Elf

Quote from: Sairin on February 09, 2012, 09:16:33 PM
Alright, I think it's about time we began this. I'll post the link when I have it available in my last post and edit into the end of my original post~ In order to begin I ask that you complete your profiles. I'll italicize those that have not posted one yet in my original post.

Since this is a city, I don't mind if more people will join as long as they leave their profile here.

If you have more questions I will be more than happy to answer them here~

Welcome to Baker City, Royals, Outsiders and humans!

I can hardly wait. I think this will a fun story to write.

Sairin

Narianna

Wonderful profile, Peace!

I've edited.

One last question: Do the Royals know who was the betrayer/Leader of the Outsiders/Killer of the King? Do they know it was Soren?

PeacethatPowerbrings

I would imagine that, at least in terms of Soren being the leader of the outsiders, they would know that. Since he was there from the early days of the clan, he would be well known to everyone, and his leadership of the outsiders wouldn't go unnoticed. It isn't clear, however, that they know exactly who killed the king.

Sairin

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on February 10, 2012, 12:42:33 AM
I would imagine that, at least in terms of Soren being the leader of the outsiders, they would know that. Since he was there from the early days of the clan, he would be well known to everyone, and his leadership of the outsiders wouldn't go unnoticed. It isn't clear, however, that they know exactly who killed the king.

This is correct haha

bubby

I'll work on putting up a profile before I got to work tomorrow night.

Sairin

Elf

Ricardo certainly knows Soren and of him being the leader of the Outsiders. In the confusion though he does not know who actually killed his father the king. He will blame Soren though whether he wielded the blade himself or not he would have at least given the order.

Narianna

Ok, sounds good :)

I'll try to get a post up today. Probably some time this afternoon.