What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slave2Fantasy

I will never play QWOP again. O_O

But seriously, almost every video game based off of a TV show or movie.

Also, and here is the controversial one, Metal Gear Solid. I generally love games that have a stealth element. It's one of my favorite things about video games. But this game... Sweet jesus, they must have hired methheads to design the control interface. It's awful. It doesn't make sense. Why must I hold x and release to shoot? Are you too good for the trigger button?

Burn in hell, MGS engineers. >:[
I am not currently looking for co-writers.

Sabby

GermanCake

Me and my childhood friend rented Superman 64 from blockbuster (that's how old I am kids.) Even as a kid, I knew it was stupid. And I didn't know anything about ANYTHING as a kid.

Rejoice

Quote from: Sabby on June 04, 2014, 01:18:08 PM
Yeah, MGS is awful.

Play MGS Rising: Revengance.

It is the most hilariously stupid fantastic Hack'n Slash every created. The final boss is a Cyborg version of Stephen Colbert! No lie.
Ill never play the 3DS Castlevania again. As someone who holds metroidvanias to be the highest form of gaming, that shit was offensive, man.

Sabby

I was about to yell at you, then I saw you meant 3DS, not DS.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on May 18, 2012, 10:55:23 PM
Yes and no. Technically yes... in that it owns both companies, but no in that it is under Activision in the company structure as a publisher developer relationship.
Clarification:  Blizzard AND Activision are both owned by Vivendi.  Activision has no control over what Blizzard does, never have.  Vivendi on the other hand...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Rejoice

Quote from: Sabby on June 04, 2014, 05:32:19 PM
I was about to yell at you, then I saw you meant 3DS, not DS.

I love every single one of the DS Vanias.^^

Inkidu

I want to know why Vania even gets to be part of the portmanteau for the genre. Metroid did it first, Castlevania started doing it that way because a director at some point in the Castlevania series liked the Metroid series's layout. So what's up with that? >:I
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on June 04, 2014, 06:41:11 PM
I want to know why Vania even gets to be part of the portmanteau for the genre. Metroid did it first, Castlevania started doing it that way because a director at some point in the Castlevania series liked the Metroid series's layout. So what's up with that? >:I

At a guess, due to -vania games outnumbering Metroid games by a landslide?

Metroid games from '86 to '01: 3
Castlevania games from '86 to '01: 20

Sure, not all of those games were in Metroidvania-style, but when you see one series carrying the style that another series came up with and promptly dropped off the face of the planet, well...

Just a guess.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on June 04, 2014, 07:19:20 PM
At a guess, due to -vania games outnumbering Metroid games by a landslide?

Metroid games from '86 to '01: 3
Castlevania games from '86 to '01: 20

Sure, not all of those games were in Metroidvania-style, but when you see one series carrying the style that another series came up with and promptly dropped off the face of the planet, well...

Just a guess.
Castlevania tends to be more popular in Japan (it's chief production company, natch), and Metroid tends to be less popular in Japan, but a lot more popular in America and other part of the world. So I guess you're right.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Drake Valentine

Bound by Flame.

I don't even know where to begin. >.>

I. Bad voice acting. So, I started with female, horrible character voice and restarted as male, still horrible character voice. I had to restart and turn to subtitles, hoping maybe, just maybe character voices will be entertaining. Nope, found them all annoying and just skip through while reading the convos.

II. Pointless banter. There is nothing witty about them cussing one another out, just a bunch of children potty mouth that has hardly any entertainment value to it whatsoever.

III. Poor combat mechanics. I was hoping the combat would save the game, that it would be entertaining and graphically fast pace. It is somewhat face past, but not to my level of finding it either fun or satisfying.

IV. Glitchiness. Glitchiness everywhere. At one point in the game my dude look like he was standing and bending on his knees, humping the air while talking to someone and this was during early game.

V. Not very enticing villain names. The Chiller? Like really? >.< 'Lets name them all after something to do with cold.' That is probably why they could only come up with seven main bosses.

The last one I suppose I could deal with, but the main remaining four makes the game unplayable.

The only thing I liked about the game was the demon voice over, but even that didn't hold my interest in playing it or keeping it in a 'saving grace.' At most, I feel like I wasted my time with the few hours I spent in the game and honestly I stopped playing it after the point you reach the village and go into demon talking mode.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Asher

Watch Dogs. Don't like it. Cant get into it and it annoys me.
I am 100% okay with random PM's.

Cheka Man

Any Sim City games except Sim City 2.

Mr L

There's few games I'd put on my list, for various reasons and degrees:

1. LoZ Skyward Sword - One of the few games I've thoroughly given up on and will never pick up. I was absolutely in love with the game until I got the first dungeon item in the first dungeon and I couldn't control it for crap, not to mention the puzzles early on felt to be more difficult/less obvious than past Zeldas. Motion sensitive controls - I'm okay with and can tolerate fairly well. Skyward Sword's motion controls for virtually everything but running? NTY >.> I got along pretty well with the Wii version of Twilight Princess (minus trying to fly up the waterfall with motion controls). Not a bad game from what I actually got to play, nor a bad story, but the motion controls makes me never wanna touch it again.

2. Mario Kart 7 - I've been a fan of pretty much all things Mario since my SNES days (don't have a lot of the newer Mario games, being broke sucks for that :P). Mario Kart was a pretty big staple in my game collections, owning all of them to date (except SMK and MK8), but 7 is the one I've given up on out of rage. I know with the 150cc/mirror modes, the difficulty is supposed to be higher, but they take it to a new level in 7, making the AI get OP'd items from every box, when I'm getting nothing but fake item boxes (banana peels are a godsend in comparison) from 1st to 8th. And in the off-chance I do get a really nice item, the dbag in last decides THAT is a gorgeous time for lightning. That's overall a general gripe about any Mario Kart, but 7 gets worse in its habit to hit you with everything, the kitchen sink, and the bloody moon with like 20-30 seconds before the end of the race. And then the 2nd place person, who was a mile and a half behind you, flies by laughing all the way to the bank. On top of that, they OP'd the CPU's recovery time when hit by anything. It's like they have a hidden mushroom that stays with them all the time or some shit...

3. Turok Evolution. While I love the shit out the Turoks that came before, Turok Evolution (played it for the GC) was so sloppily put together in comparison, I had a hard time playing it. Normally for the first few playthroughs (mostly to learn terrain and even more so, just for fun) I like to use cheats, Turoks 1-3 had a nice easy time with cheat options since they're on the pause menu. T:E? Nope. Wanna turn off a cheat, go back to the main menu. That's the first of many gripes about cheats, the main one about the cheats themselves was inconsistency. "All weapons" gave you all the weapons available for that area only, so if you wanted to use a favorite weapon, you'd have to hope that area gets it. "Infinite ammo" for the most part did work, except with the Nuke attachment to the rocket launcher (Which makes sense since it's an instakill to like everything). "Invisibility" was fine as the actual cheat itself, but combined with the lack of an easy time finding the cheats menu, it made things boring and tedious (getting it turned off). "Invincibilty" also didn't cover all aspects of the name. Fall damage and collision damage when flying still hurt/killed you. There was a cliff we had to follow the trail up to get to where we need to go, I managed to fall off and die multiple times a playthrough, even with invincibility. Same with the flying missions on a dinosaur's back, which is my main gripe in honest gameplay, flying missions >.<. Enemies had to kamikaze you to actually hurt you, or in one mission, force you to go through a tight tunnel to shot shit. Flying through the tunnel was bad enough, god forbid you missed something in it. Played the game in total maybe 3 times. Don't remember the final boss battle at all, but seeing "Tal'Set has died" when I'm supposed to be invincible pissed me off too much to want to do anymore with it.

4. Most/any 1 on 1 fighting games. Not to say anything bad about the games themselves, I just get so incredibly bored with them after going through the story mode (if any) or learning the tricks and movesets of a handfull of characters.

Sorry for being so ranty :P I know there's more, but I can't think of any.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake