News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Is this the final design?

Started by Izu, July 10, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Because for me personally, it's really dark. And I've been seeing it for 5 minutes maybe and my eyes are already hurting from the too dark top&bottom and light middle...

edit: just tested with #003 instead of #000 for background color and it feels much more natural and easier on the eyes...

edit2: or remove the background color and leave it to the default one...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Aislinn

I agree with Izu. While I'm glad that members are excited about it's return, my eyes are not happy and it's triggering a headache. It would be preferable to have an option to completely turn it off or something.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Stygia

Quote from: Aislinn on July 10, 2014, 02:15:35 PM
I agree with Izu. While I'm glad that members are excited about it's return, my eyes are not happy and it's triggering a headache. It would be preferable to have an option to completely turn it off or something.

This exactly, please. I have one friend who may leave because the contrast is physically painful for her to look at.

Izu

*mumbles on about the #EFF in the main content* ....

Ariel

As far as I know, Vekseid is still working on it.

I think the problem will be, for most people, is the contrast of the light blue and white we're used to and the dark blue and black header and footer. If the site was altogether one color scheme, then it would help and be better for the eyes.

It will take some getting used to, but I like it. I know some people have already said that they would rather it be less dark. I think that, if you suggest some schemes and other users agree with you, Vekseid might take it into consideration.

Also, Vek, if you're reading this: the reply box will stretch for as long as you type.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Just a minor site bug. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Chrystal

Agreed. It is almost impossible to read anything above the menu buttons.

Dark text on a black background is bad. I don't have good eyesight anyway, and this is almost enough to make me abandon E and go RP somewhere else!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

King Serperior

Agreed.  My eyes are watering up some with the contrast.  I'm hoping there'll be some kind of "Toggle" feature to make it so it looks like it was pre-shoutbox for those who have sensitive eyes.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

BeckyAnnn

My EYES! !!

Okay, so we have a new layout. Fine. Whatever.

But can we do something about the color scheme?

That is painful to look at.

Beguile's Mistress

I have cataracts and it's like staring at lightning during a thunderstorm for me.  It's a killer.  Migraine city and nausea here I come even with the SB closed cause the black is sucking up all the light above the forum.

GothicFires

I don't like the fact that i can't close the shoutbox. I'm not interested in it, will never have a need for it. The flow of the design is jarring.

Edited:

I tried scrolling down to hide most of this horror and click on a link to show new replies and the new page scrolls back up so it takes up half my screen again. That's just for a list of replies. I tested it on threads and I it takes up half the screen there too. I think saying that I hate it would be an understatement. The design shouldn't make the users have to do more work.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Izu

Just very quick example of other colors...

Nimmy

GothicFires, there's a button marked "Close Shoutbox" immediately beneath the typing field.

As for the contrast, I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, but the color scheme contrast is causing a little bit of an ache. I understand that this is probably just stage one of the redesign, but I, too, would like some color adjustments.

Izu

Another slightly different color sets...

Aislinn

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 10, 2014, 02:26:46 PM
I have cataracts and it's like staring at lightning during a thunderstorm for me.  It's a killer.  Migraine city and nausea here I come even with the SB closed cause the black is sucking up all the light above the forum.

Yes. Exactly. I just have super sensitive eyes and it's causing issues.

Quote from: GothicFires on July 10, 2014, 02:28:46 PM
I don't like the fact that i can't close the shoutbox. I'm not interested in it, will never have a need for it. The flow of the design is jarring.

Agreed.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Quote from: Nimmy on July 10, 2014, 02:32:46 PM
GothicFires, there's a button marked "Close Shoutbox" immediately beneath the typing field.

As for the contrast, I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, but the color scheme contrast is causing a little bit of an ache. I understand that this is probably just stage one of the redesign, but I, too, would like some color adjustments.

Yes but even if you 'close shoutbox'...the design and issues are still there. I think that is what was being referred to.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm with what everyone has said. I'd really like to at least see the colors changed. It's painful to look at and makes my OCD/ADD go all twitchy cause it's distracting even with the SB closed.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Flower

I hate to say something about it because I know a lot of work likely went into its design. However, staring at the colors for a bit, I do feel a bit sea sick. I am very appreciative about the Shoutbox's return since it allows new members to connect with old. Just hoping the colors change.

Oreo

Both of those color schemes are pleasing to me Izu. ♥

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Beguile's Mistress

Having the black thing at the top just makes the lighter rest of the page a great big blur.  Takes a few minutes to for the eye to adjust and then BAM!  You post and you are back to hitting the wall again.

And this run on sentence thing in the box at the bottom is gonna make for horrible typing.

GothicFires

Quote from: Nimmy on July 10, 2014, 02:32:46 PM

Thanks Nimmy. I still think the design is not very user friendly with the design and spacing. It would be much better to have the shoutbox turn on/off in the settings and give it a separate box. The show unread post since last visit and show new replies to your posts are too far away from the main forum. Though i'm not fond of the buttons (or at least the look of them) It would be easier to use if those links were made into buttons and put on the same level.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Oreo on July 10, 2014, 02:40:02 PM
Both of those color schemes are pleasing to me Izu. ♥
Being able to adjust the colors for ourselves would be a big help. 

Izu

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 10, 2014, 02:44:25 PM
Being able to adjust the colors for ourselves would be a big help.
It was part of the 'Wishlist' for the new system that Veks is developing, but unless its release is coming as well, I'd rather go back to how it used to be...

Xenphir

I really appreciate the hard work put into the new shout box, but I will put my agreement here on a different color scheme. White and/or light blue like the rest of the forum would be best I think for now until/if we are able to choose ourselves.

Beguile's Mistress

I just left my office to get a cup of coffee and ran into a door frame because my depth perception is totally out of whack.  I even have E on remote from my home computer on a narrower window and it's messing me up.  Heaven know what have a full screen view will be like.

Dotley

Echoing mostly what everyone else has said. I'm appreciative of the time and effort that must have went into getting the Shoutbox up and running again, but the black/blue bar compared to the rest of the site really bothers my eyes and even makes me feel a bit sick while browsing around the site  :-(
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."