Quick question

Started by Mossberg, February 22, 2014, 03:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg

Sometimes I need a picture edited, but the most I can really do is resize and crop them. I was looking through the Art, Media and Music board, but couldn't find an answer to my question. I was wondering, where in there could I post a thread requesting help with editing pictures? They are typically someone else's work, so I was thinking the subforum, but I'd rather be sure before I posted it.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Beguile's Mistress

I use photobucket.com.  They have free memberships and photo storage on site.

Other members will be along to offer more suggestions.

And to answer your question properly - The HELP! forum is a good place for questions like yours. ;D

Mossberg

I don't mean for hosting the images. I use photobucket for that as well. For example, my current avatar. I'd like to get rid of the lines on it, but have no ability to do it myself and don't want to keep bugging the one person that I know who can use photoshop and such things.

Well, if anyone here would like to volunteer for it I would be satisfied with that as well. Just figured that having a thread in a place like thay would be a little more organized and such.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Remy

I can't volenteer to help you as I don't have the skills for the more difficult jobs surrounding pictures, but I  can offer you a link to a free site that I use to edit, frame, put text on pictures I use and find has most things I need.  And that's Luna pics. No need to join unless you want to, as the free stuff is pretty reasonable,. but that's not saying it has what you need.

http://www133.lunapic.com/editor/ 

I hope it helps, or at least offers you some enjoyment. :-)

Nadir

The watermark? Wouldn't it be simpler (and more respectful) to contact the artist and ask for an unmaked copy for avatar purposes?

Remy

Let me just say I didn't realize it was a water mark on the pic you use, admitting that I didn't identify that the swirl was in fact a water mark.  I'll ditto Din Hon however on asking permission first to use the pic from its creator, but still see that you meant any harm. :-)

Autumn Sativus

Agreed with Dim, the original artist is Ariel Burgess, and here it is on DeviantArt if you want to contact her.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Mossberg

Thanks Remy, but I already have a site I use for things like that.

And I'll try that route for this one Dim Hon. I searched the image and managed to find a deviantart profile. Though sometimes I fear it may not be that easy.
-Lews Therin Telamon

Nadir

If the artist refuses, then you can't ask for our members to remove it. We respect the wishes of the artists and do not wish to infringe on their rights. 

Mossberg

I wouldn't do that. If she does refuse then I will find a picture by someone else or something like that.
-Lews Therin Telamon