Warhammer 2nd Ed. FRP; Looking for existing or GM

Started by Lunar Raven, December 25, 2015, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar Raven

My mood for some gritty fantasy in the Warhammer universe is playing up, so I'm checking if there are any such games currently running here on Elliquiy for this.

If not, anybody interested in starting one up.  Whilst I could co-GM, I'd much rather be fully in the player's seat.  I'm equally open for a good group game or for a solo campaign.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Muse

now here's a game I haven't heard called for in a while. 

If you find a GM, I'd love a chance to play. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lunar Raven

Great to see another interested party Muse!  Though that now makes two of us in search of a game.

Just for the info of any prospective GM, I'm quite interested in playing something along the lines of a Brettonian knight errant or maybe a noble looking to be such a knight.

Something to that involves a significant plot involving Chaos would be great (maybe a collaborative plot between Slaanesh and Tzeentch).  Maybe revolving around a something that threatens to significantly affect the grip of CHaos on the world (like an ability to really cure mutation).

Idea & Request Thread

RubySlippers

I do have the 1st Edition rules but since your initial career is rolled, there is no assurances you'd get anything that might track to a knight. I'm a stickler for rolling dice for starting careers.

LisztesFerenc

I gotta admit, the idea of rolling randomly intrigues me, in as sort of "you aren't in control of your destiny" way. Although it does seem that I cannot really plan my background much beyond "I'm an elf".

RubySlippers

No you pick race, roll ability scores, pick a big class group like Warrior picking some skills then roll in your category what you get. Most don't suck that bad and lead to advanced careers in most cases and you can role-play looking for a mentor to enter a specific basic career if you otherwise qualify.

So some is a choice and some is not to start usually its what your parents did or arrange apprentice training for or you fell into.

Lunar Raven

I only have the 2nd Edition books and supplements from my side.

Usually I'm all for rolling random starting career, though in this instance my wants for a Warhammer game are a bit more specific, and the entry classes to the Knight Errant are very few (Knight, Noble, and Squire) so if I do randomly roll and don't end up with one of those... well, there would go my motivation for the game.

Idea & Request Thread

LisztesFerenc

I could handle random generation or selecting careers, but my knowledge of Warhammer lore is a bit patchy. Most of it comes from watching Old World War battle reports.

Jezabelle

You know I hate to be a grave digger but I pretty regularly run this game irl.

Very accessible and immediate online chargen, like 3-4 clicks and you're just making minor this-or-thats from there.  System is powerful but simple and lends itself to PCs getting wayyyy fucked up so I'd say nonCon Exotic at least.

Tamhansen

Supporting the necromancy here.

I'd love to play this game again, even run it really, but the question would be what type of game, cause it seems to me, it would either be relatively tame sexually, or end up with someone getting tentacleraped by a Slaanesh demon.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Jezabelle on March 15, 2016, 03:15:55 AM
You know I hate to be a grave digger but I pretty regularly run this game irl.

Very accessible and immediate online chargen, like 3-4 clicks and you're just making minor this-or-thats from there.  System is powerful but simple and lends itself to PCs getting wayyyy fucked up so I'd say nonCon Exotic at least.
Quote from: Tamhansen on March 15, 2016, 06:52:24 AM
Supporting the necromancy here.

I'd love to play this game again, even run it really, but the question would be what type of game, cause it seems to me, it would either be relatively tame sexually, or end up with someone getting tentacleraped by a Slaanesh demon.
Hardly a grave since I keep on taking a peek at it to see if there's any interest, but I can see why, lol.  But even so, my interest in it remains pretty high.  And I know all about how unforgiving the system is - come to think about it, it's one of the most brutal out there - but in that sense, I love it because its rewarding if you've gotten far enough.

I guess its pretty hard not to mention sexual encounters in the Warhammer universe without, at the very least, thinking of Slaanesh and its brood, though that said, there a lot of other things that can happen.  For myself, at least, not every sexual encounter has to be an exploration into some form of perversion (hell, in a world as dark as warhammer, 'glad-to-be-alive-sex' for adventurers would be pretty much the staple), though granted it would be a waste not to take advantage of the potential for darker things.  On the whole, I'm more in favour of sexual encounters being something that comes across my character's path and the decide they want to pursue it; otherwise I'm more interested in story and plot (and I don't mean 'plot' ;D)

Moving back to my original post, I'm still quite interested to play a disgraced Bretonnian noble who's seeking to redeem his name by becoming a grail knight and in the process puts himself on the path to strike a blow against Chaos.  Working to secure a principality in the Border Princes also appeals.

Idea & Request Thread

Jezabelle

Sexual content wise, I think we'll just have players establish rules of engagement with me and they can work out what shenanigans they wanna occur betwixt themselves.

So, if they are open to\wanna get tentacle raped I keep that in the back of my mind as I craft scenarios and encounters.

Plot wise, I'm highly partial to everyone rolling (semi)randomly, but no reason y'can't choose the Nobleman if y'ave a background all worked out.  I'll figure out a way to get y'all together.

freeko

Tamhansen

http://www.silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/

It actually lets you pick a career and still roll the rest. Might be a good idea for Lunar?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tamhansen on March 15, 2016, 03:39:36 PM
http://www.silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/

It actually lets you pick a career and still roll the rest. Might be a good idea for Lunar?

That's'what my group always uses to roll chars.

freeko

Would it really much matter that I would know damn near nothing of what I was even looking at for what the character generator thing popped out? Kinda feels like a 5E game to me where I am equally clueless about how to make a character.

tl;dr wont have a damn clue what i am doing for making a character but would want to play.

Jezabelle

Quote from: freeko on March 15, 2016, 04:17:54 PM
Would it really much matter that I would know damn near nothing of what I was even looking at for what the character generator thing popped out? Kinda feels like a 5E game to me where I am equally clueless about how to make a character.

tl;dr wont have a damn clue what i am doing for making a character but would want to play.

Just follow that silverghost link and click the things you want.  At chargen "Shayalla's Mercy" is swapping out a low roll for the racial average, can only do 1nce, and mouse over the skills\abilities at the bottom to decide which you wanna choose (with dropdowns at teh bottom of the page).

Be sure to export to .pdf wunce it's all done and you've clicked a thingy one for an Advance in whatever cause reloading tends to roll new characters.

You'd just be asked to me at-or-under d100 rolls, mostly.  It's just important to keep in mind the governing stat is halved for the purposes of attempting skills y'don't have.

ererruz

Are the Gods of Law available for worship in 2nd edition? I always wanted to try out a travelling priest/ess of Arianka who's on an eternal quest to try the keys to the goddess' crystal coffin...

freeko

Ok, I think I hit enough random things to have a pdf show up. What do I do with that pdf thing?

Jezabelle

Quote from: freeko on March 15, 2016, 04:32:49 PM
Ok, I think I hit enough random things to have a pdf show up. What do I do with that pdf thing?

Yeah so sorry homie but you had to hit a few deliberate things while you had the sheet before the .pdf

Namely, click the little button for Shayalla's Mercy (but only one of them) to bump a shit roll up to decent, scroll to the bottom and select your either\or's, and then click an extra free advance.  THEN you .pdf-ify it.

Don't worry tho, these characters are a dime a dozen.

Jezabelle

Quote from: ererruz on March 15, 2016, 04:28:17 PM
Are the Gods of Law available for worship in 2nd edition? I always wanted to try out a travelling priest/ess of Arianka who's on an eternal quest to try the keys to the goddess' crystal coffin...
I'd allow it but you'd probably just be a College of Light priest or similar, mechanically.

Arianka is somewhat considered to be a contra-Nurgle minor Chaos deity, so y'may run afoul of either side of the fence on your journeys.  Even if the sect is tolerated by high pubahs of faith in th'Empire, zealous WitcHunters may interpret things rather differently.

freeko

Quote from: Jezabelle on March 15, 2016, 04:54:46 PM
Yeah so sorry homie but you had to hit a few deliberate things while you had the sheet before the .pdf

Namely, click the little button for Shayalla's Mercy (but only one of them) to bump a shit roll up to decent, scroll to the bottom and select your either\or's, and then click an extra free advance.  THEN you .pdf-ify it.

Don't worry tho, these characters are a dime a dozen.

Meh, its not like I hit the export button on the sheet into a new window or anything. I hit the mercy button and then I see some numbers that are 10, 5, 0. Are those the free advance things you are talking about?

Jezabelle

Quote from: freeko on March 15, 2016, 05:04:51 PM
Meh, its not like I hit the export button on the sheet into a new window or anything. I hit the mercy button and then I see some numbers that are 10, 5, 0. Are those the free advance things you are talking about?

Primaries stats go up in incraments of 5.

If there's a 0 your career doesn't let the stat grow at all, if there's a 5 it can grow once, if there's a 10 or 15 it can grow twice\thrice.  Click one of them and go up +5\+1 (if advancing a 2ndary characteristique).  That'll be your Free Advance and from now on you buy those advances with units of 100eXP.

Scroll to the bottom and make any choices in those drop downs for things it says "this or that" or "choose 1\2" of.

freeko

ok, that seemed like it was painless enough to do.

Now what do I do with the pdf thing this time?

Jezabelle

Quote from: freeko on March 15, 2016, 05:11:40 PM
ok, that seemed like it was painless enough to do.

Now what do I do with the pdf thing this time?

It's your character.  Congrats.

You could potentially buy things at the start of the game with your starting money.