TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Rayne on January 17, 2024, 04:21:33 PMOk yea it is giving an error when I go to sort:

/forums/index.php?action=sortqls&cat=Active%20RPs:1

GET https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?action=sortqls&cat=Active%20RPs 404 (Not Found)

Quote from: MightyMaiden on January 17, 2024, 09:57:19 AMSo I've never been able to custom sort, but I just kind of moved on and didn't worry.
Brave on windows

Hmmm.... this is odd as it works for me when I set those up, and doesn't put the & in the url.... I'll have an experiment with some browser options and see if I can replicate the issue.

@Rayne - what web browser are you using?
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Rayne

Quote from: Ssieth on January 17, 2024, 05:38:50 PMHmmm.... this is odd as it works for me when I set those up, and doesn't put the & in the url.... I'll have an experiment with some browser options and see if I can replicate the issue.

@Rayne - what web browser are you using?
Chrome. 

Ssieth

Quote from: Rayne on January 17, 2024, 05:49:56 PMChrome.

Thanks - when I'm more awake, I'll fire up Chrome and see if I can replicate the issue :)

I'll also look at making the whole thing a bit more robust  :)

Andronica

Quote from: Ssieth on January 17, 2024, 05:36:00 PMHi,

Can I check, are you using the edit box in source view mode? (button on the far right of the button bar)

Both in and out of the edit box on the far right has the same effect of no Snippet templates being clickable/imported into the text box.

However... while testing this out, I toggled edit mode and now my word count actually updates from 0. So that's a win. :)

Ssieth

New version - v2.7.3 should hopefully fix some of the issues with quick links.  Let me know how it goes :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Andronica on January 17, 2024, 06:38:17 PMBoth in and out of the edit box on the far right has the same effect of no Snippet templates being clickable/imported into the text box.

However... while testing this out, I toggled edit mode and now my word count actually updates from 0. So that's a win. :)

Hi,

Hmmm... that's the easy one gone.... can you check your dev console (F12 usually) for any error messages?

Ssieth

v2.8.0, fast on the heels of 2.7.3 adds an option to show your bookmarks as a special quick menu.

The option is off by default and can be enabled in script settings, under bookmarks.

Andronica

Quote from: Ssieth on January 18, 2024, 04:15:57 AMHi,

Hmmm... that's the easy one gone.... can you check your dev console (F12 usually) for any error messages?

Did a quick test: Snippets and Wordcount both work in the reply box only when source view is toggled on. There are no error messages when I hit F12.

When I enabled debug info, it shows I have 0 snippets and my saved snippet template is coming up under bookmarks. Could that be part of the cause?

Ssieth

Quote from: Andronica on January 18, 2024, 09:05:23 AMDid a quick test: Snippets and Wordcount both work in the reply box only when source view is toggled on. There are no error messages when I hit F12.

When I enabled debug info, it shows I have 0 snippets and my saved snippet template is coming up under bookmarks. Could that be part of the cause?

Hmm... that sounds like it's my bug with the debug info rather than a problem with the data.

Source view is the only way that snippets work at the moment.  The great site crash and subsequent update to the latest forum version broke it for non source view and I've not worked out how to fix it, yet.  I'm sure there is a way and I'll work it out eventually...

Andronica

Quote from: Ssieth on January 18, 2024, 09:22:33 AMHmm... that sounds like it's my bug with the debug info rather than a problem with the data.

Source view is the only way that snippets work at the moment.  The great site crash and subsequent update to the latest forum version broke it for non source view and I've not worked out how to fix it, yet.  I'm sure there is a way and I'll work it out eventually...
Ok! Both functions work in Reply > Source mode toggled so if that's how it was set up to use, then we're all good now. 

Ssieth

Just released v2.8.1 with a performance improvement.

I noted that typing was really sluggish when posts were getting beyond about 1300 words.  It was a result of the wordcount function being called on every keypress and that stacking up if you've built up a head of steam typing. 

As a result, I've added a 'debounce' to the wordcount feature.  This means that the wordcount won't update until you stop typing for at least a second.  At which point - it will catch up.  Hopefully this is a minor inconvenience for the improved performance.

Ket

I just set up a new computer, reinstalled the script, it's running, but it's not showing me an option for Quick Links. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Amaris

Quote from: Ket on January 22, 2024, 07:37:59 PMI just set up a new computer, reinstalled the script, it's running, but it's not showing me an option for Quick Links.

Hey Ket! I had to go into the settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom and there is a quick links setting that you have to tick a box to enable.

Ket

Quote from: Amaris on January 22, 2024, 08:30:55 PMHey Ket! I had to go into the settings, scroll all the way down to the bottom and there is a quick links setting that you have to tick a box to enable.
Thank you! 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.