Disgaea : Persephone Prison (Request Thread) [Anime|Monster|Demon]

Started by MelodyCake, May 01, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

i'll have my character idea posted.....within the next few days
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Leki

Quote from: Angie on May 03, 2018, 03:21:05 PMWow I missed some things. Still accepting?
I don't see anything that would suggest applications are closed.
So I'm pretty sure we're still open for interest, and definitely for character sheets. xD
I mean there's only three characters submitted so far?

Quote from: pendarious on May 03, 2018, 10:42:25 PM
i'll have my character idea posted.....within the next few days
Good luck! The character sheet isn't too long from the looks of it... but I'm struggling to settle on a concept xD Hopefully you'll have an easier time than me xD

pendarious

Quote from: Leki on May 03, 2018, 11:32:22 PM
I don't see anything that would suggest applications are closed.
So I'm pretty sure we're still open for interest, and definitely for character sheets. xD
I mean there's only three characters submitted so far?
Good luck! The character sheet isn't too long from the looks of it... but I'm struggling to settle on a concept xD Hopefully you'll have an easier time than me xD

lol my biggest challenges will be finding a suitable face claim pic and getting the coding right
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

MelodyCake

@SS
Hello there! Glad to see you are interested, look forward to seeing what concepts you come up with

@Angie
I know the feeling of missing things on forums, since a lot of the time a lot happens when I'm away xD But I'm still accepting characters :) Are you thinking of a male or a female character? =)

@Oyabun
I've sent you a message in regards to your character sheet.

Avalon29

I've settled in on the dark knight idea. Going to take me a little while to finish up a sheet though.

Leki

Quote from: pendarious on May 03, 2018, 11:36:42 PMlol my biggest challenges will be finding a suitable face claim pic and getting the coding right
Haha yeah....
I'm actually a bit glad I don't have to go image hunting this time around xD
If you need any help finding an image though, I'm sure there's a few people in here that'd be able to help.

Quote from: Avalon29 on May 04, 2018, 12:40:24 AMI've settled in on the dark knight idea. Going to take me a little while to finish up a sheet though.
Looking forward to it xD
As short lived as he was, Blair was pretty entertaining to read... so a new character remade in a Disgaea (fantasy) world....
Kind of getting excited just thinking about it xD
Plus, I can always trust you to find pretty nice images~

Still debating whether I should go with a male or female character, though I've kind of narrowed it down to two now.
Female Nekomata Treasure Hunter, and a Male Flirtatious yet Masochistic Bear

OyabunKobold

And Voila there is my attempted updated character concept. I hope it is to your liking Melody!

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Leki

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 04, 2018, 07:34:52 AMAnd Voila there is my attempted updated character concept. I hope it is to your liking Melody!
I'm guessing Disgaea 5 is the only game you've played before? xD

I'm going to be honest, and say that your character sheet is pretty confuses me on a few levels :/
First thing that seems weird to me is her death. Can humans become demons through dying?
I was under the impression that deceased humans became Prinny's.

Secondly I've asked MelodyCake a few questions in regards to the mysterious President of the Netherworld
And a few of the things I've uncovered contradict with the "Distant relative" part.
I'm surprised that the concept got through :/

There's a few other eyebrow raising aspects, but those are the two main ones.

OyabunKobold

Well I can do  a 3rd revision if need be and actually I've only played the Disgaeas with Laharl and Adell as the main characters

I think demons are made from souls with a debt to them and I'm unsure if the souls must be prinny or if that's just a punishment for the very sinful and indebted ones. so yeah if i need to make a 3rd revision I shall the first draft was 1st person so yeah I needed to fix it up but didn't want to change the info i originally had in case it was satisfactory.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

MelodyCake

@Oyabun
Alright... I will admit, I am not really sure where to start with your new character sheet....

Humans who are criminals in their life become Prinny's, not demons.
But in any case, as an overall character I can't accept the concept since it doesn't fit in with the theme of the roleplay I am going with, wich is a light hearted, comedy themed roleplay. Whilst the character you have written up is way too dark and angsty for what I am looking for in the cast of characters for Persephone Prison.

OyabunKobold

Okay Thant's fine :D

Edit: Ive decided to pull out my interest for reasons of im in a kinda dark rp mood atm so my rewrite probably wouldnt change much thanks for the chance though! have fun yall.

Laughing Hyena

Leki

So as things stand now we're at...

Gardsorm - Male Sludge
Laughing Hyena - Male (Demon)
Avalon29 - Male Dark Knight
MelodyCake - Male Werewolf

Pendarious - Female Nekomata
JoanieSappho - Female Succubus

Guess there's Angie, Kokaine, and SweetSerenade, (and Leki) who have expressed interest....
But I'm thinking I might have to go with the female option to keep things a bit more balanced. :/
Would be pretty happy to see more people/characters of either gender though.

JoanieSappho

You have my interest, Mel. When I can, I'll sit down and think up a shameless holder of hands. (Female, since me)

MelodyCake

Pendarious has sent me a link to the image he is planning on using for his character, and it's a pretty nice one :)

@Joanie
Hey there Joanie!
Glad to see you are interested :D
I look forward to seeing the character you come up with =3

@Leki
Thank you for writing that up!
I was just thinking I was going to need to do just that to get a feel for what we have as a cast :)
Thinking of going with your female feline then?

But so far, in terms of accepted characters, we have Ari and Alioth, but hopefully we can add more to the list soon =3

JoanieSappho

Okay. Two ideas, because I can never settle on stuff.

Succubus, who has held hands and gets all blushy and embarrassed about having to admit such dirtiness. (And, naturally, has no clue about anything further, because she's the weird innocent one in the family)
Not sure aboout image because I suck at judging stuff.

Or, vampire who keeps making Freudian slips when talking about sucking dic- blood.

Basically him when he's hungry

"... Blood. I mean dblood!"

MelodyCake

@Joanie
I have to say, I think I like the succubus idea more XD I hink it's actually a pretty cute concept :P I also really like the image you found for your succubus <3

Leki

Quote from: MelodyCake on May 05, 2018, 07:44:27 AM
Pendarious has sent me a link to the image he is planning on using for his character, and it's a pretty nice one :)

@Leki
Thank you for writing that up!
I was just thinking I was going to need to do just that to get a feel for what we have as a cast :)
Thinking of going with your female feline then?
No worries, I'm sure we're not the only ones keeping an eye on that stuff at the moment xD
Still undecided on the character, but it's looking more and more likely to fall that way, yeah...~

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 05, 2018, 09:03:13 AM
Okay. Two ideas, because I can never settle on stuff.

Succubus, who has held hands and gets all blushy and embarrassed about having to admit such dirtiness. (And, naturally, has no clue about anything further, because she's the weird innocent one in the family)
Not sure aboout image because I suck at judging stuff.

Or, vampire who keeps making Freudian slips when talking about sucking dic- blood.
Out of those two options, I personally like the Succubus idea more.
Though I'm curious to hear what others think too.

To be honest though? I'm surprised to hear you going with a Succubus, when this would be the perfect opportunity to make the whole bird-lady thing  (I've seen you talking about for forever) a reality xD
I mean bird-ladies aren't a thing the Disgaea games so far... but I don't think MelodyCake would object to you making a Harpy/Siren class, or making a variation of the Chimera/Roc classes. (First one even looks like it could be from a Disgaea game xD)
Also adding a random 4th image since... I've had it on my computer for forever. And I'll never use it.

Gardsorm

I like the thought of the Succubus character too, being arrested for handholding like the degenerate she is would be funny to hear ingame. xD

But if you can get away with bird lady, then I say go for that too! Using the Chimera or Roc lines would be funny for that. =p

SweetSerenade

Still working out ideas on my character but I'm definitely doing a female (Het), just figuring out class.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

JoanieSappho

I want the birbs, but I should try new things sometimes.

Name: Duscia
Player: JoanieSappho
Demon Type: Succubus
Height: 5'
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Red
Strength: INT
Weakness: DEF

Life Before Imprisonment:
Rather than the usual life of a succubus, Duscia spent as long as she can remember in a massive library. There was a city around it, some capital or another but to her the outside was always a bit unimportant.
It was there, of course, and food came from somewhere out there, but it rarely bothered her and she did much the same in response.
Instead, she stayed in and read. A lot.
On just about every subject.

And beat a few Prinnies to death with a book when their mistakes nearly damaged the prized tomes, but that was the extent of the excitment in her life.

Notable Achievements:
Subduing an unruly Prinny by standing on its face, while continuing to read! It made her feel all weird and funny, though ...
Also the Prinny almost seemed to like her stamping on it.

Imprisoned For:
There was a nice young mage lady who used to read in the library too, and Duscia really liked talking with her. And, well, she's ashamed she gave in to the temptations of her carnal desires like she did but ... while they were reading one day she let her hand touch the mages. And then she - she held it! Right by a window where anyone could see!
And, it turns out, someone did see her shameless, filthy display of lewdness. Overcome by shame at her absolute depravity, she confessed to her crime.

MelodyCake

Duscia looks like she's going to be very interesting to see interacting with other prisoners :D
You can count her as accepted =)

I will admit, the last bit got me to imagine that she, herself walked to the nearest Netherworld police officer and confessed xD

pendarious

Name:  Mii-Yuuki (Mii-chan for short)
Player: Pendarious
Demon Type: Nekomata (Felynn)
Height: 5"9
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Green
Strength: // ATK
Weakness: // RES

Life Before Imprisonment:

Mii-Yuuki was born and raised in a city by her parents. Her mother taught her all the basics of being a Nekomata and her father taught her all the basics of combat. she always found it interesting that her father was a Reaper who served as a security officer to a high ranking Corrupternment official.  Mii-Yuuki considered her life in the city boring and would often go out to parties and even to underground matches.

She discovered that she loved the thrill of the illegal underground matches and she also discovered it was a good way to make some pocket HL that her parents didn't know about. She became a favorite in the rings under the name "Claw of Silver". She was often taken to meet with high rollers and would play special games with them for even more money. Mii-Yuuki loved the night life but it caused her relationship with her parents to strain over the decades because she would be listless and lazy during the day even more so than the average Nekomata. Of course her night time fighting and partying weren't all she attended to.

During the day after her parents cut off her allowance (not aware she had HL to spare) she got a job to keep them from becoming too suspicious. She took a simple job as a pizza delivery girl. She did often lose out on tips because she would eat the Anchovie or sardines off the pizza's as she was delivering them.

Notable Achievements:

The only real achievements that Mii-Yuuki would brag about while drunk are three very simple things. The first is that while in the ring at night she never lost a match, Second that she was able to outlast mid-high ranking officials of the corrupternment in bed, Finally is the fact that she was once able to get 1,000 prinnys to explode using a toothpick (how true this last one is is questionable)

Imprisoned For:

Mii-Yuuki's eventual downfall could be considered a culmination of two of her greatest pleasures. The first being her illegal fighting and the second being the sex that came with high bidders afterwards. One night during a match her opponent who happened to be a Gargoyle revealed himself to be a member of the Corrupternment's SDL enforcement. He arrested her then and there for participating in the fights and for the after party activities as well

JoanieSappho

Quote from: MelodyCake on May 05, 2018, 06:59:01 PM
Duscia looks like she's going to be very interesting to see interacting with other prisoners :D
You can count her as accepted =)

I will admit, the last bit got me to imagine that she, herself walked to the nearest Netherworld police officer and confessed xD

.. I like that, and she easily could have.

So yes, that's exactly what happened.
She walked in, started confessing and burst into shamed tears halfway through.

Laughing Hyena

Name: Unioruk
Player: Laughing Hyena
Demon Type: Overlord
Height: 6'4" (193.04 cm)
Hair Color: Red hair with traces of white in his bangs.
Eye Color: Red
Strength: // Atk
Weakness: // Int

Life Before Imprisonment: The Overlord of Netherrealm Dimension Thirty Four. It doesn't roll off the tongue so well so the realm was dubbed simply as Overindulgence. Unioruk was known as the scandalous Overlord by his subjects. Unlike those whom preferred the typical trappings of Hell, playing baseball with Prinnies (literally using prinnies as the baseballs) and other sorts of over the top violence and shenanigans, he also preferred fornicating in demented and open ways. Not because he was a believer in love and acceptance but because it feels good. It was raw indulgence at its finest and reflected the mindset of its Overlord. Festive murder parties were common place, exhibitionism was commonplace and debauchery of the flesh happened behind closed doors. The palace of Unioruk was a temple to such desires be they of violence or of lust. 

However the ambitious will always seek power and maintaining such power requires dedication and a certain type of unmitigated underhanded malice. In this regard was Unioruk's own lusts matched. For he secured his own power by means of not playing by the rules. In the depths of hell, that says a lot because usually a lot is fair game to a demon. He did this by creating a bill within his own Dark Assembly that basically allowed him to change his stats using bribery and assassination of the council members to force the matter. Thus he was able to defeat his opposition by outright overpowering them.

The whirlwind of indulgence was rampant and unending. Much like the ancient cities of the Earth. Unfortunately he just happened to be enjoying a lavish vacation from his governing of his own dimension within the Netherworld Dimension known as Persephone. Considering he knew little about the ongoings outside of his own world and especially so with the tyrannical ways of the Corruptment, and what happened next was a surprise to absolutely no one. This could only mean anarchy to his own world and much rejoicing as well... potentially, maybe, more than likely.

Notable Achievements: Conquered the Overindulgence dimension Netherworld (#34) and crowned himself Overlord. Pushed a bill within the Dark Assembly to allow him to break the rules pertaining to personal power. Canceled the Defenders of Earth cartoon miniseries, and bested several self proclaimed "Defenders of Earth". One of the proud owners of a Horse Wiener.

Imprisoned For: Caught in another netherworld on vacation that has harsh rules upon sexual conduct didn't go unnoticed and when they came to arrest him he initially tried to resist arrest with his fellow partiers but unfortunately the bill he passed didnt extend past the borders of his own domain and he was essentially his true level. One. Needless to say his resistance to being arrested was put down quickly. None of his dimension currently question or are concerned where their Overlord is.