Fableshore [A Urban Dark Fairy Tale Game] .:Interest Check! LGBTQA+

Started by Dhampyress, January 24, 2018, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

Is a dark urban themed (or very close to) fantasy world, that focuses on the lives of fairy tale folk existing in line with more urban world themes (purely freeform). We have a lot of mature themes here, mixed in with a more close modern fantastical fairy-tale aesthetic. On the topic of aesthetic, Fableshore is a bit of a dim world, where nothing is quite perfect, and shady figures often move in the dark to effect the smaller folk. It is a place where many fairy tale figures are chasing new happy endings, in a strange and cynical unlike that of their home realms. There is magic here, but it comes in a sort of altered form, generally speaking. There is adventure. There is drama. There is crime. There is love, and there is most certainly compassion of everything that falls in between. That said, the game is very open to fantasy themes, and is heavily including of such elements within a more modern structure. I'd like to set few boundaries to allow players to contribute, include and create wonderful works of their own depictions of fairy tale characters, that players may be interested in playing in this sort of environment. This is in no way a fandom role-play of any existing fairy tale, and does not follow any one set verse of a singular fairy tale. The idea here is to allow you creative freedom in your iteration of existing fairy tale folk. What if the story we think we know regarding a certain character is less true? Perhaps at the end there was more? It's up to you to fill in the blanks and really add your own touch to whomever it is you may have an interest in playing. The possibilities are quite endless! The game's general concept would work from a post-cataclysmic event that has set our characters in a new land, the realms in whence they came being unreachable.

Furthermore, the game is inspired heavily by 'Fabletown' & 'Once Upon A Time', finding a semblance of more mature content somewhere in between these mediums. That said, it is neither of these things, but an entirely unique product of it's own. The concept of this game is to allow freedom and original creativity to contribute to the base of what is per-established within this world and how it all works, which is a vast and sandbox dynamic experience for anyone interested in these sorts of themes to enjoy. You can be almost any fabled folk. All fairy tale characters from near and far are quite possible. I will also consider the option of playable mythical types as well. This also means you may create your own purely original take on any available fairy tale character in whatever way you prefer (keeping the feel of the game in mind). I stress leniency in contribution of creativity to the game. Not just by character, but by world as well. I'd like to bring this environment to life with the help of players characters and their additions to the world. An example of this could be a business, being small or medium, that you as the player can run through your character.

I'm looking for writers who prefer story orientated themes to write alongside. I'm looking for players who enjoy sandbox environments with a soft narrative existing in the background to help the world feel dynamic and flowing as we experience the modern tales of our characters lives. I'm looking for writers whom are not afraid to collaborate with their fellow players (or as you will learn them to be Mysts; in this realm). Most importantly I am looking for others who are creative and work well within groups. The only hard limits here are ones defined by the rules and that of a players own limitations. When creating a character, the only thing to keep in mind is the existing lore of the character. Obviously we're aiming for already established fairy tale folk. The idea is to use their lore as a sort of foundation within moving forward in adding on to whom they may have become in this modern environment. Who they are in the present is entirely up to you as well as explaining the steps of how they may have got there.

Absolutely. Although it's in a more contemporary form. Raw, and pure magic, is rare to come by, and quite powerful, but there is certainly traces of it lingering around the vast and rather mysterious city. Many forms of magic these days come in the form of beverage, or even food. With a particularly nasty organization who slips under the veil of Fableshore's more controversial authority system, who's trade is the concoction of 'new magic', in the form of a pharmaceuticals. Beyond that Mysts, even in their more present human forms (this effects everyone) will always carry special magical qualities about them, that they might use to their less extreme benefit, and further help distinct them from their fellow citizens. Every Myst may possess three special qualities about them. Then of course there are always just somethings we can't explain. There is an undoubted magical essence to Fableshore's design, that works in more mysteries ways that many Mysts can simply not explain. The purpose behind this for players to discover in game and bring an extra something to the world.

Finally, as far as more raw forms of magic, and magic users are concerned, all player concepts that classify as witch/sorcerer or other likewise roles are also allowed, but should be discussed with Blissy. While raw magic, and those who can manipulate it, are far and few in Fableshore, that certainly doesn't go without saying it isn't possible. However, all characters whom practice this type of magic must be licensed in the act or such practices, otherwise it would be considered illicit and of mischievous nature. This is a law that was instated by the city to prevent magic disasters from occurring in this new plain and is something that is monitored closely by interests of law enforcement within the city. For anyone who is interested in this sort concept and what kind of scenes it might be able to bring to story, please discuss possibilities out with Blissy. I am not opposed to a sense of magic freedom, but that certainly doesn't mean it is practical for the world.

The game is live, but we are not too far in, and we are currently looking for more players. The game has a leisurely pace, with plenty of characters looking for further connections. Some earlier players have since dropped out and their character concepts have been freed. The list of taken characters here (as in on this thread & <a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282875.msg13914829#msg13914829> the chart </a> for the Accepted Myst Chart) is updated to reflect this. Links to everything important to the game can be found here. Such as <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282851.msg13913457#msg13913457">game information</a>, <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282875.msg13914829#msg13914829">character archive</a>, and an <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282974.0">OOC thread</a>. Please review all of these threads (after interest is shown) as they are essential to understanding the game on a more expansive level.

Choosing a character

There's no real limit to who one might be able to chose. We only ask that you keep your creativity in fair respects of the game, and the means of mood we are aiming to create. Characters from non-western fairy tales are fair pitch, alongside many of the more common picks. Nursery rhyme characters are also viable. Descendant conceptions are also acceptable, and much more. Urban legends and and most mythology have also been deemed acceptable. If you are unsure about a character, or have any questions at all regarding a possible choice of one, please feel free to message us and ask!

Please check the unavailable character list as well! Our only rule for potential character choosing is that the character should be from a story book.

Characters that are not available!
(This list is currently up to date. It shows accepted character concepts, with the exception of tentative concepts. Tentative concepts are pitches people have personally made to me, but have yet to put together a profile for. Once they are accepted, I will remove the tentative status beside the concept of said character, and fill in their username accordingly. At the moment we lack Loyalist types, but I am still very much open to accepting more Deviant & Ambivalent concepts.)

Player usage
Cinderella - Cinderella - Played by: Blissy
Dorothy Gale - The Wizard Of Oz - Played by: Blissy
The Girl With No Hands - Brothers Grim Fairy Tales - Played by: Bekah Boo
The Pied Piper - The Pied Piper - Played by: Bekah Boo
Red Riding Hood - Red Riding Hood - Played by: Kokaine
Eris - Greek Mythology - Played by: Kokaine
Beast - Beauty & The Beast - Played by: Eikichi
Three Little Bears (one of three - the others are not available) - Goldilocks The Three Little Bears - Played by: NovemberBleeds
MythologyJack Frost - Played by: NovemberBleeds
Genie - Arabian Nights - Played by: Mayna

NPC usage

The Red Queen
The Tooth Fairy
Wicked Witch Of The East
Glinda The Good Witch

Please PM all profiles to Blissy. Following this, and once I have managed to review them, you may post them openly on the interest check thread, if you so desire!

[float=left][img height=375 padding=8](Face claim reference only)[/img]
[img height=155 padding=10](Reference one)[/img][img height=155 padding=10](Reference two)[/img][/float]

[b]Played By:[/b] [font=courier](Your username)[/font]
[b]Name:[/b] [font=courier](Character name)[/font]
[b]Face Claim/Play-By:[/b] [font=courier](If you feel the need to list one)[/font]
[b]Alias/Nick name's:[/b] [font=courier](Character's nick or pet names) [/font]
[b]Age Appearance:[/b] [font=courier](How old does your character appear) [/font]
[b]Gender:[/b] [font=courier](Gender. Gender bending is acceptable) [/font]
[b]Height:[/b] [font=courier](Self explanatory)[/font]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b] [font=courier](Accent/ethnicity/Etc.) [/font]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [font=courier](You don't have to share this) [/font]
[b]Reputation:[/b] [font=courier](You may pick one of three. [color=green]'Loyalist'[/color] = Generally a good person. Morally stable | [color=blue]'Ambivalent'[/color] = Uncertain. Falls somewhere in between | [color=red]'Deviant'[/color] = Morally crooked. Known to be troublesome, or involved in mischief, to some notary degree)
[b]Occupation:[/b] [font=courier](What do they do in Fableshore for a living?) [/font]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] [font=courier]( Leave blank if unaffiliated. [color=red]Unaffiliated[/color] status is a very common and viable decision)[/font]
[b]Bio:[/b]

[i][font=courier](Whats your characters story? Your character may be an [i]anomic[/i] if you so choose. An [i]anomic[/i] is a term for someone who is very new to the world of Fableshore and has made a recent arrival in comparison to already having some story fleshed out by the point of their entry into the game.)[/font][/i]

[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b] [i](List as many or little as you may like)[/i]

[b]Special Qualities:[/b]

[font=courier][i][color=green]-List first ability [/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=green]-List second ability [/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=green]-List third [/color][/i][/font]

[i]Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game?[/i] [b][Y/N][/b] [i]Please choose yes or no. If no, simply fill this section out as [Y/N] and continue. [u]This is a purely optional section.[/u][/i]

[b]List name of business and affiliation, if any[/b]: [font=courier][I] “Business name here. [/i] (Explain business concept)

([i][b]Note:[/b][/i] A business is ranging from anything small to medium. Examples could be a shop, a tavern and etc.)

[spoiler=References for business go here]

[font=courier][i](These are optional images for [b]Businesses[/b]. You do not need to include them. Include as many or less as you might want. I've left some code here that's for optional use. Replace the first part with a link and add a word to describe it.)[/i][/font]

1#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>

2#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>

3#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>[/spoiler]

[font=courier]([i][b]Note:[/b][/i] A Affiliation is ranging from anything small to medium. Examples could be a a group, gang, club and etc.)[/font]

Please refer to the example profile below!

Two examples of an acceptable profile | Blissy's Fableshore Cinderella & Dorothy Gale Concept

Played By: Blissy
Name: Cindy Tremaine
Face Claim/Play-By: Sara Fabel
Alias/Nick name's: Sinderella | Ella (only by close friends) | Lady Tremaine (Only by associates) | Diamonds
Age Appearance: 28
Height: 5'6
Ethnicity: French, with next to no accent.
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
Occupation: Proprietor of various nightery establishments throughout Fableshores entertainment districts | Mob Boss
Affiliation: Owner of 'The Fairest' | High Council for The Fableshore Grand Ministry
Bio:
Not quite the Cinderella story we know..

Personality traits pending!

As the story goes.. Cinderella met her prince and they lived happily after. However, with the former remaining quite true, a shift to the favorable present hasn't been so likewise. You see, following the Cataclysm that brought everyone in Fableshore to their current realm, Cinderella had more than a brief and difficult time trying to endure on happy resolves and romantic ideals, where instead she truly had neither. It all started a few days before the Cataclysm, and with that curse she knows next to nothing about. The same curse that she is under and entirely unaware of. That same curse that's been withering down the once sweet, and gentle hearted, hopeless romantic, whom was saved from a rather abusive guardianship, and moreover sisterhood. The curse that prevents Cindy from ever being "truly happy". Presently she's become somewhat of the incarnate of all things she formerly loathed and wished to escape. Unfortunately for her, she has no real idea of whom she used to be. The affects of the cataclysm, and first establishing period of Fableshore, were the first steps to what become a bitter staircase for poor Cinderella, as she tiresomely climbed her way to the top, to just realize she wasn't quite happy being there without that one other special person. To make matters worse much of her memories of that person have been corrupted as her former surreal idealism of living happily ever after has been undoubtedly spoiled by something more dreadful, and destructive. What she remember's is something else, something twice more terrible than what she can judiciously recall.

Impaired of her pure memory she's come to Fableshore only remembering the majority of terrible things that she endured at the hands of a family she can no longer seem to find, and that of a prince she cannot justly recognize. To make matters worse and further repress what might be dubious thoughts, or a flaw in her memory, she has not seen the prince since she has come to Fableshore. Cinderella has lived mostly alone, distracting the affect of her troubles through that of her work among the city. Due to this, and the furthering disharmony of her memory, 'Sinderella' has forced the thought upon itself that her one true love is somewhere in Fableshore, hiding, or being held away, and she's made no light of wrecking the city up to find them since them, through cunning and manipulation.

Cindy's first actions in adapting to Fableshore was building her sense of reputation. Being married into a royal family taught her a lesson of stature and how she could use it to her advantage. Over time, and with an ample supply of that of the former royal families wealth, that she was once happily married into, Cindy has built a name for herself among Mysts. However, the spoils of her former royalty, and that of her reputation, have always seem to find some timeless and impending conflict, by reasons made her of her own oversight. For where Cindy may have luxury and influence she has no real perception, and in turn has made plenty of trouble for others. Still even in baring a prolonged and rather anointed ill reputation, Sinderella has begun to weave profit from unrest. One might describe this moderate iteration of Sinderella as a necessary evil. Although her surface character seems to contrast that notion. On the surface she's still what's she's always been, a royal widow with a political influence on others. A powerful, even charitable, and beneficial source, to Fableshore's on going society. However, for those who might dig deeper or look to the disrepute of others, they will find that Sinderella has a certain involvement in Fableshore's less licit underworld. The trouble is she's quite good at covering her tracks and this has caused many remain skeptical of her at the worst.

Fun Fact: Cindy has been absent for just over a week from her regular place of leadership with running the Fairest. However, she's kept her closest people running the organization. From which the point our story starts this has been her first appearance in an unusual absence of time.

Distinguishing Features: Known for having quite a few tattoo's. Most of them seem to be more of an aesthetic, or simply an outlet of expression. However, there is one particular tattoo that Cindy has on her back. The tattoo is fairly large and designed in a pink heart, that has now become faded of it's former color. On one side of the heart there appears to be a woman of golden hair framed by a set of flowers, vines, and several pumpkins. On the opposite side of the tattoo is what appears to be a decaying skeleton with a crown atop it's head. The lips of both characters made of the ink are pressing lips in the middle, with the words "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.." residing on top of the symbol, in ink. Additionally the words seem to be almost entirely faded away.

Special Qualities:

-Zoolingualism. Zoolingualism, being the ability to talk to animals. For Cindy this is limited to medium to small animals such as mice or cats. Despite this being a rather unique gift it's not something Cindy is particularly fond of. She prefers to use this ability in private as speaking to animals in public serves as an embarrassment to her, and seems to make her flustered.

-Wealth/Influence. While not being a magical thing, Cindy is certainly wealthy. It's because of her wealth that's she's been able to get into the role of running some of Fableshore's limelight attractions, and run the businesses that exist behind their fronts. Ironically, money can't seem to buy her the happiness she seems to be after, despite her making a habit of trying persistently, making a habit of spending her money more than she should.

- Seduction/Charisma. Seduction, being seen in a more persuasive way. There's no denying Cindy's appeal or her competence for that of her regular activities. Many Mysts enjoy getting to know her. Although, the same can't always be said for engaging in prolonged relationships with her.

Would you like to bring a small business and or a 'affiliation' into the game? [Yes]

Info about business and or affiliation pitch.

The Fairest (The luxurious night club)

List name of business & affiliation, if any: The Fairest (The business) The Fairest is the name of two things, both of which tie back to Sinderella. The first meaning of the word refers to the club that Sinderella owns, that resides by the pier, a place where all of Fableshores most limelight attractions reside. The club was originally founded by a joint agreement with a certain former queen, from another fairy tale realm. This queen was known as Ravenna. It's unknown whether Sinderella and Ravenna are still both managing the establishment. Nonetheless, Sinderella's former business partner has not been seen running the club for some time and that hasn't stopped Sinderella from building on her special gem among other likewise properties. The club acts as both a private lounge (during the day) and a booming night club by night. It holds four floors and a large luxury patio bar with a pool, that sits on the water of the Atlantica Pier. The first floor belongs to guests of all nature whom have access to the club. The second is a privatized duplicate of the first floor, with an altered set up. The second floor is a bit more diverse in it's offered entertainments. The third floor remains as Sinderella's private space for only her those she welcomes. She has a suite there and more than enough conveniences to make herself, and anyone whom might visit her , exceptionally comfortable. The final level is actually submerged underwater, being several feet deep into the Atlantica Pier that has it outlook the further submerged wonders of the Atlantian Rim, thus being a true marvel that many have come to see. Achieving this was only allowed through Sinderella's contracting with the Atlantians, an arrangement that was not easy for her to fill. However, the fourth floor is quite strict in who is allowed to visit it and are only allowed to do so by Cindy's direct invitation. She likes to throw parties there for more powerful figures in town, who she wants to keep in her good favor. All floors are monitored closely by Sinderella's finest bouncers.

The club is one of Fableshore's most profitable nightery businesses and a hotspot for Mysts of all kinds. However, being allowed access to the club by day is limited to purely invitation status as Cindy uses it as a common business spacem and she's quite picky with the matters of such exchange. Furthermore, there are rules one must adhere to while being present at the club as the establishment has a strict no mischief policy. By all standards the club is quite magnificent and is easily on the top of Cinderella's modern financial accomplishments in Fableshore. The latter of her commercial successes are more private establishments that mostly exist in Camelot Court, and are places that she much less prefer to spend most of her personal time. In regards to the Fairest, it's rumored that the club also offers other private services to select Mysts, who of course remain on Sinderella's good side. These services are contracted, and are given by a strict regulated practice. Other than that, any other activities that are going on within the Fairest Walls remain quite reserved, but also quite supervised, as any mention or discussion of them is held by a strict associates only policy.

Floor 1 (Public Floor)

Floor 2 (Private Floor)

Floor 3 (Suite) | Floor 3 (Cont.)

Sub-level

Patio

The Fairest criminal organization

The Fairest (The affiliation) - The other thing that shares the same term as the club is Sinderella's private assembly. Or so she calls it. Little is known about the group other than it's inclusion is rather operative, other than they typically work in and out of the latter club establishment. Some of the members in the group have been brought in on previous criminal charges, while others have never had a criminal record in their life. It's believed that the Fairest operates under Sinderella's protection, but also demands things from those involved within it. She holds the reigns to the group for the benefit of their own good and that of hers, while the group itself acts as a careful front to more notorious activity. However, getting involved with Sinderella's more secretive business has often proven somewhat unforgiving to many who overstep their welcome. However, there is certainly potential in the group for Mysts who prefer a more deviant means of employment.

Name: Dorothy Gale
Face Claim/Play-By: Stacey Farnet
Alias/Nick name's: Wily Gale | Dot | Dottie
Age Appearance: 26
Height: 5'7
Ethnicity: Southern American, with a moderate accent.
Sexuality: It's a secret.
Occupation: Freelance P.I | F.M.O.U Agent | Former Librarian | Former Detective from R.P | Former Waitress
Affiliation: Owner of 'Over The Rainbow Investigations', otherwise known as O.T.R.I. |
Bio:
Click here for personality & biography

Personality:

Social: Generally easy to talk to or with, Dorothy tends to be quite forward with her opinions or notions. Chatty, when there is reason to talk, she isn't shy of discussion. Further more, on the subject of theorizing, or speculating, Dorothy can be a bit too talkative and introspective within sharing her thoughts.

Corky: Undoubtedly so. There's something odd about her, but odd in a sort of way that brings a natural charm. Be it her mannerisms or wily nature, the little quirks about her often make her stand out in a crowd. She's a bit mysterious as well, but that's solely because she can be rather reserved about certain things, often picking and choosing what to share and what to keep to herself.

Morally grounded: Dorothy is one of few Mysts in Fableshore who know right from wrong and don't try to debauch moral for her own personal gain. She has a good heart and isn't susceptible to easy corruption. As admirable as these qualities are, sticking to one side of the moral spectrum in Fableshore has earned her a somewhat limited favor. She's not the most popular person around, but the friends she keeps are the good ones. What Mysts know of her and her rather investigative habits tend to have either pronounced opinions of her, be those good, or bad.

Private: In contrast to how she can be socially, Dorothy prefers to be present when she is needed and not for any longer than she might need to be. Funny enough, when it comes to suspects she might try to interrogate, she;s known to over stay her welcome. However, outside work she doesn't bother anyone that doesn't deserve it. She tends to isolate herself from others with only small exceptions or business discussions pulling her from her privacy. However, she's not shy of engaging in the former, even if she more or less lives in her work.

Skeptic: While Dorothy is fully aware of the case of mythical and fable beings existing, being one herself, and even being gifted with magic, she tends to substitute logic in case of magic where she can. Perhaps it's due to her rather odd prejudice for those whom meddle in magic? Either way, she seems evasive or typically averse to the idea of letting the extraordinary and phenomenon dictate more principle than it should. Furthermore, she seems strict when it comes to whom she is content with practicing magic, often badgering witches and wizards for licenses given to them by Fableshores authorization.

We really aren't in Kansas anymore, or even Oz for that matter. All the same Dorothy has certainly wind up somewhere else, she didn't quite expect to be. Coming to Fableshore was a bumpy ride for her, but less of an immediate case of witches, munchins and yellow brick roads welcoming her to another strange land. Some of those are still around, or so she might assume? The worse of the latter certainly were. Like she could so easily ignore that. To be completely honest Dorothy hasn't had much of an interest in pursuing the adventures of old yesterdays as much as the horizon of new tomorrows. Looking forward instead of back has always certainly been difficult for the brunette, and so she likes to distract herself with whatever she rightfully can. The modern incarnation of that distraction has come in the form of educating herself of all the modern elements, and predicament, of this stranger, and much newer world, than that of the one she remembers from so many years ago.

During Dorothy's early years in Fableshore she surrounded herself with books, while most other Mysts started building names and bases for themselves. While everyone else was out there trying to make something new, trying to build something, or get somewhere, she instead spent most of her time trying to keep the contents of yesterday together. Which was ironic, since she were much more content in the present. She didn't want anymore crazy adventures, and she certainly didn't want any more witches. She had been through that whole ordeal one too many times already, and she was growing up faster than she knew.

For the first few years she tried to ignore it. It wasn't easy. Things around her changed, moved forward, and she remained dormant, sat on a rock in a field of Fableshores youth. It wasn't long before the seeds were planted and the soil became fertile. People found their rightful niche, while others tried to cheat it. Fableshore was once a shrub that had become a forest, and the tall buildings were beginning to remind her of trees as they grew larger and more vast, casting a shadow down on their inhabitants that scurried about below. Dorothy knew too well of what it felt like to be lost in the woods. There were dreadful things there, lurking under the underbrush.

She figured it was all just a bit of a ruse, a gimmick. She didn't believe Fableshore would last, that eventually she would go home again. It took her a few too many dangerous encounters with truly bad mythic folk, and a plethora of tragedies surrounding her close neighbors to get her heads out of the clouds, or more literally, her eyes off a page. To make matters worse figuring out which way was the right way in Fableshore didn't quite seem to have a silver lining with most people. It really started to bother her while injustice naturally sunk in. Ignoring her feelings become troubling because Dorothy was beginning to understand that, when she lost touch with herself, quite strange phenomenons seemed to occur. She promised herself no more tornadoes, no more freak accidents. Well that, and the fact that somebody took her little dog too. Toto was overstepping boundaries.

It seemed like all the signs were inevitability falling back into place. Dorothy would have to adapt to Fableshore like everyone else, even if she wasn't quite like anyone else. Soon enough she began to see the trees surrounding her in their urban forms. And Fableshore certainly had a handful of it's own Lions, Tigers, and Bears. However, these weren't the sort with quite some humble aspirations, and knowing that there certainly wasn't a Wizard to fix them meant she would have to get back on the old road, or pave a new one.

Fun fact: Since then Dorothy has had quite the wild ride. She spend a few years with the Red Precinct, trying to put her hope in the badge. That didn't last very long, due to Dorothy coming to suspect that the police of Fableshore were corrupt. She was discharged from her rank as Detective after pressing into it more than the captain was caring to oblige. After that, and a bit of mopping around trying to figure herself out, with a tonic in her hand and her ambition in the other, she got the idea to start a private investigations company, all by her dang self. It was shortly in her early years of taking on private cases that the city, and some of it's less expected elite, reached out to her, and had her enlisted with the Fableshore Magic Oversight Unit. Such things were a big responsibility, but all the same she took the opportunity. Primarily because she had a certain passion for hunting down negligent magic folk. She's still apart of the unit, it's given her access to some pretty interesting stuff, that she of course monitors closely, but she doesn't have a full time slot digging into units interests. That spots been reserved for her more subtle love of helping Mysts, without having someone to reign over her and tell her what's right, and how to go about doing it.

Distinguishing Features: Nothing too particular aside from an emerald shard necklace she's never seen without. She also has a habit of tying her hair into two low pigtails when she's hard at work. She also seems to have a small bandage on her nose most of the time. It's unclear why.

Special Qualities:

-Perceptive. Dorothy is quite perceptive. She has a keen eye for detail. She's not quite the same girl who wind up lost in Oz some time ago, lost, and trying to find her way home, but she's certainly not forgotten herself through what moderate adventures have taught to her. Often attentive and crafty, even called strangely unorthodox by some, she uses her natural (or perhaps special talent) for the cause of helping other people. Even if that means putting others needs before her own.

Magic Sensitivity/Insensitivity. While not outright being capable of channeling magic through a controlled or even deliberate means, Dorothy has a strange connection to it. She's in tune with it, and can feel when it's around and knows its presence very well. That said, she hardly understands it from a cultured point of view. Maybe it's from all that time she spent around witches in the past, but Dorothy can't quite shake the connection she has with it. That said, her compatibility with magic is often much more disastrous. Spells or tonics that should effect her one way seem to be rather precarious and unpredictable. There have been cases where certain magic has not effected her whatsoever, or concluded with unexpected results. This is tied in partial to her emerald necklace she got as a child, which is a mysterious artifact from the original Emerald City. The collateral of the hocus-pocus is rarely worth the fuss. Due to this Dorothy has become very meticulous when it comes to the subject of magic and it's overall handling around, or against her.

Half-Witch. However, despite knowing of this she represses it. It's because of this that Dorothy's other abilities have remained undeveloped, aside from the odd accident every now and again, to which she leaves her feeling very embarrassed and distressed. Being a half witch certainly has it's perks, even to an individual whom remains remote to their magical gifts, but Dorothy isn't particularly fond of this trait. As a matter of fact, she's unsure where it even came from, be that from former excursions through the strange world of Oz, or something tied to her birthright. A witch might be able to tell her, if she cared to hear it, but it's too bad she spends most of her around such people, badgering them for their legitimacy or certification.

Would you like to bring a small business and or an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y]

Emerald City Atheneum & O.T.R.I

Emerald City Atheneum

Emerald City Atheneum is the largest library in Fableshore. It's named after the Emerald City from OZ, but is not directly connected to it in anyway, other than that of it's caretaker, Dorothy Gale and it's magical interior semblance. However, the establishment is somewhat more than a just a traditional library. Within the library's contents are Fableshores most old and compelling secrets, that few have access to. It also holds the original stories of all Mysts whom have come to share them in town. Many of this information is heavily restricted from visitors, purely for the cause of the greater good. Additionally the library acts much like a conventional one having literature of all types for various bibliophile's pleasure, that tend to regularly come in and out of the library. The library has several floors with a plethora of archived information and leisurely reads made accessible to Mysts.

Dorothy actually lives in a small adjacent building that connections to the library. O.T.R.I can be found there in a shoddy space made from an old storage space. The small independent room that acts as her agency is cluttered, to say the least. She lives in the only apartment just on top of the corresponding apartment building.

Exterior reference pending!

Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3

(O.T.R.I) Over The Rainbow Investigations Is a very small and very exclusive agency that Dorothy started a few years ago. Officially, it's not even really a real agency, but has been dubbed so by a few charitable, and rather honest supporters in more wealthy and impeccable circles. It is located on the edge of downtown near the waterfront. Officially, the building is just a private hub that's acts an extension to the oldest library in Fableshore, a place where Dorothy spent much of her early residency in city. The place rarely sees visitors whom are outside the more decent or pretty side of town as many customers whom have some sort of extra baggage, tend to be skeptical of bringing their cases through it's doors, concerned that said baggage might be used against them by it's nosy owner. Regardless of it's less favored popularity, the agency holds some of the oldest case details, and historical information, recorded by any other agency in town. Some of this information has come graciously from the library and local police, with another bulk of it's contents being connected to older, more establishing sources, of the cities important documents and heritage. Meanwhile more recent archiving made to it's collection has been made by Dorothy's own input. She's been left appropriately to the task of keeping it's contents safe from more troublesome eyes.

O.T.R.I

Dorothy's apartment

Intimate Ink

Kokaine

Im interested. Most likely I would aim to play Red Riding Hood.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

sounds interesting. Can there be characters that can switch between human and animal forms and in-between forms. Like for example the big bad wolf
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

So glad to see some interest already! I'll also note down your request Kokaine.

Quotesounds interesting. Can there be characters that can switch between human and animal forms and in-between forms. Like for example the big bad wolf

Great question. The short answer would be yes. Having a shiftable form would certainly fit within the guidelines of a special quality. However, there might be some repercussions from adapting into a full form. Some other characters might not take to it so well. An example could be that it may be imposing to another Myst.

sullivanthedreadlord

My thoughts on the shapeshifting is it would not just shift from animal to human but perhaps also change gender. If that's okay I was thinking that in wolf form it would be male but in human form female.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 24, 2018, 07:57:01 PM
My thoughts on the shapeshifting is it would not just shift from animal to human but perhaps also change gender. If that's okay I was thinking that in wolf form it would be male but in human form female.

Absolutely, if this is something you're mulling about for a character concept of your own.

sullivanthedreadlord

In wolf form he would be very aggressive and more prone to violence. Then while in human form less so. I was thinking of going some thing of a dual nature with this character. One form would be more aggressive and assertive while the other form is more laid back sort of thing. My character came to this place to escape their past and accepted went to a witch for help. She said that she could give her access to a human form so he could fit in and escape his past and thus was given a female human form.

My O/O Page

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2018, 07:39:06 AM
Hmm I have a take on Alice that I might want to try.

I'd love to have it as part of the game!

After another show of interest or two and I'll be marking down character requests.

Crash

Quote from: Blissy on January 25, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
I'd love to have it as part of the game!

After another show of interest or two and I'll be marking down character requests.

I was actually writing up a similar game in the Workd Building thread so this is great timing!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

sullivanthedreadlord

I was thinking like this. I really did like the combining of red and the big bad wolf from Once Upon a Time but instead of following that exactly I would just have my wolf go to a witch to get his human form. He doesn't ask for a human that will help him hide in this new place. So he gets this other form. He may not be entirely happy but at least he can more easily hide from those who would want revenge on his for his past deeds. There is one thing you never do and that is piss off a witch. Especially if you are not one of the heroes of the land. So with nothing to do but do his best to accept his new form he go into hiding in this new place.

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2018, 09:15:07 AM
I was actually writing up a similar game in the Workd Building thread so this is great timing!

I guess my timing was rather impeccable? ^^

QuoteI was thinking like this. I really did like the combining of red and the big bad wolf from Once Upon a Time but instead of following that exactly I would just have my wolf go to a witch to get his human form. He doesn't ask for a human that will help him hide in this new place. So he gets this other form. He may not be entirely happy but at least he can more easily hide from those who would want revenge on his for his past deeds. There is one thing you never do and that is piss off a witch. Especially if you are not one of the heroes of the land. So with nothing to do but do his best to accept his new form he go into hiding in this new place.

I like it and I think it's certainly an acceptable idea.

On the subject of character reservations (as I forgot to mention this earlier on) I'll be reserving Cinderella and Dorothy Gale for myself. I'll eventually be bringing in NPCs where they are needed as well, but that's something I'll look into more once the character sheets start coming in.

sullivanthedreadlord

Will you post up what the character sheets need to look like? I wouldn't mind if the woodsman was either a PC or an NPC who came looking for my character as it is.

My O/O Page

Crash

Better yet maybe Cheshire Cat and Alice for me. ;)

Kokaine

I was thinking of doing Red as the big bad but I guess I will see what other character appeals at this point, if any.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Crash

Huh I figured Red was the big bad wolf like in Once Upon A Time.  Or maybe it is because I know Koka loves werewolves. ;)

Kokaine

Heh, its all good. Maybe I'll do Gretel and see if there'd be anyone interested in playing Hansel. Could have them as hunters or something.

My O/Os

Dhampyress

Quote from: Kokaine on January 25, 2018, 10:30:20 AM
I was thinking of doing Red as the big bad but I guess I will see what other character appeals at this point, if any.

This is important as well, since you requested the character first.

@sullivanthedreadlord: I assume you were discussing the concept as an example, not as a chosen character. So I still think its fair that if Kokaine wants to do something with Red that they would have first dibs. However, if they are considering other concepts than that is entirely up to them. I did want to highlight this point.

sullivanthedreadlord

I didn't want to do any thing with Red but with the wolf instead. If not the one that's tied to red I can simply go for the wolf from the three little pigs or even from the boy who cried wolf, the wolf that ate all of the sheep.

My O/O Page

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Dhampyress

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 25, 2018, 06:35:48 PM
Is there room for another cat? Puss in Boots?

Of course!

And with that said, I'll be working on adding the character sheet section!

Kokaine

Quote from: Blissy on January 25, 2018, 05:52:39 PM
This is important as well, since you requested the character first.

@sullivanthedreadlord: I assume you were discussing the concept as an example, not as a chosen character. So I still think its fair that if Kokaine wants to do something with Red that they would have first dibs. However, if they are considering other concepts than that is entirely up to them. I did want to highlight this point.

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 25, 2018, 06:04:18 PM
I didn't want to do any thing with Red but with the wolf instead. If not the one that's tied to red I can simply go for the wolf from the three little pigs or even from the boy who cried wolf, the wolf that ate all of the sheep.

Appreciate the clarification, and no worries. In this instance I'd say its more my own fault for not being more clear when I initially spoke up and I'm not looking to chase anyone off from a concept they want to play. That said, I don't want to do an idea that is too much like another's so I may twist Red to be a huntsman (though, very much a woman) instead. I'm chewing it over. I could do Gretel but as mentioned, I'd want someone to fill the role of Hansel if I do. There's also the possibility of Goldilocks as one helluva thief...

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

Quote from: Kokaine on January 25, 2018, 07:17:10 PM
Appreciate the clarification, and no worries. In this instance I'd say its more my own fault for not being more clear when I initially spoke up and I'm not looking to chase anyone off from a concept they want to play. That said, I don't want to do an idea that is too much like another's so I may twist Red to be a huntsman (though, very much a woman) instead. I'm chewing it over. I could do Gretel but as mentioned, I'd want someone to fill the role of Hansel if I do. There's also the possibility of Goldilocks as one helluva thief...

I'd be open to with character of Hansel or doing a huntsman/wolf. I am open to other suggestions if you want. I was initially just wanting to do a character running from a dark past.

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Character sheets are up! I've added them to the bottom of the first post as well as included one of my own character profiles as an example of a finished sheet. I've also tweaked the "So where to from here" section of the first post. With that said, and character sheets more than likely coming in soon, I wanted to discuss magic with you folks, who have shown initial interest. I figure some of you might get curious about the more elaborate forms of magic that exist in the game as I know I only mentioned on them briefly in the first write up of the post. I know one great topic we discussed was shape-shifting. Furthermore, the topic might come up with some of the lovely character concepts you guys have been concocting, especially with the sheet now accessible through the bottom of the first post .

Originally, in earlier runs of the game, most of the prevailing magic that was easiest to find in Fableshore came in a sort of pharmaceutical form. Think a drug, or a potion, for something less deleterious. The term I used in the original game was "Tonics" to refer to these serums.

Tonics in themselves ranged from simple things (easily obtainable) to more pesky things (a bit more difficult to acquire). These tonics were available to everyone to add a bit more magic, beyond Mysts special qualities to the game, and an element that worked into the plot and daily practices of what Mysts in Fableshore might want. Obviously the demand was all over the place as it's purpose was to generate in character scenes and give player characters a simple reason to build bridges, or break them. I preferred these serums to be obtained through various scenes, but wasn't against average Mysts having sensible access to the more regulated types. Anything a step away from that would certainly be something players would have to write out with others.

I'd like to hear some feedback about this from you guys. Does it sound like something interesting? I'd also be open to answer any questions about the concept that you may have as I still have the original details about this subject reversed and accessible.

strangeflower

I'd just want to say that I'd be very interested in joining this.

I'm not sure what character concept I'll use but I've been looking at Grimm's and HC Andersen, but not sure about the direction yet.

However I'm quite sure my character will be a trans person.

Chaosfox

Been kind of lurking and watching this.  Would love to join in.  Character wise not  100% what I would do so many options t o be considered and  a few ideas rolling around my head.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Dhampyress

Quote from: strangeflower on January 26, 2018, 07:05:34 AM
I'd just want to say that I'd be very interested in joining this.

I'm not sure what character concept I'll use but I've been looking at Grimm's and HC Andersen, but not sure about the direction yet.

However I'm quite sure my character will be a trans person.

Quote from: Chaosfox on January 26, 2018, 07:13:44 AM
Been kind of lurking and watching this.  Would love to join in.  Character wise not  100% what I would do so many options t o be considered and  a few ideas rolling around my head.

We'd love to have you both! ^^ Looking forward to whatever character concepts you both come up with.

Crash

Going to use Vic’s Kerekes and Ola Pushkina for face claims.

Blissy- Fableshore is a full City not a small town correct?  Would it be too much to ask to change that green color on the character sheet?  I am having trouble reading it.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 26, 2018, 08:10:39 AM
Going to use Vic’s Kerekes and Ola Pushkina for face claims.

Blissy- Fableshore is a full City not a small town correct?  Would it be too much to ask to change that green color on the character sheet?  I am having trouble reading it.

It is a city, yes. And not at all. It is kind of bright and uneasy on the eyes. I'll adjust the hue.

Crash

Quote from: Blissy on January 26, 2018, 08:43:31 AM
It is a city, yes. And not at all. It is kind of bright and uneasy on the eyes. I'll adjust the hue.

My eyes thank you. ;)

Crash

So does all magic have to be tonics?  I was going to do something with Alice where the more mesmerizing or sensory something is the more reality around her gets warped.  If she is just wandering around or drinking no big deal.  If she is at a Rave some seriously wacky shit starts happening.  Basically causing confusion and hallucinations and such in her general vicinity.  She doesn’t have much control over this.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 26, 2018, 08:57:10 AM
So does all magic have to be tonics?  I was going to do something with Alice where the more mesmerizing or sensory something is the more reality around her gets warped.  If she is just wandering around or drinking no big deal.  If she is at a Rave some seriously wacky shit starts happening.  Basically causing confusion and hallucinations and such in her general vicinity.  She doesn’t have much control over this.

No. Tonics would just be a common form of magic that's a frequent practice among Mysts. Magic is not entirely limited to this. And in regards to this ability you want to give Alice, I think it's fitting and very interesting.

Crash

Quote from: Blissy on January 26, 2018, 09:03:02 AM
No. Tonics would just be a common form of magic that's a frequent practice among Mysts. Magic is not entirely limited to this. And in regards to this ability you want to give Alice, I think it's fitting and very interesting.

Cool.  People would obviously be able to choose how much it effects them if at all.  Maybe their drink starts floating or hair changes color or whatever they want

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 26, 2018, 09:04:34 AM
Cool.  People would obviously be able to choose how much it effects them if at all.  Maybe their drink starts floating or hair changes color or whatever they want

Exactly what I was thinking! ^^

strangeflower

QuoteThe game's general concept would work from a post-cataclysmic event that has set our characters in a new land, the realms in whence they came being unreachable.

This and after reading the sample character I have a question: Do the characters know of their past in the reals of fairy tales or are they sort of like the inhabitants in the beginning of Once Upon a Time?

I have a few ideas for characters but they will be narrowed down considerably with the answer to the above question :D

Crash

strangeflower

I actually think I'll retire my interest in this. While I do love the concept very much, I'm just having too hard a time making up my mind about what kind of character I want to play. That usually means that whatever character I end up making I won't be that interested in playing it.

I will however lurk around and if I have an epiphany I'll get back to you all.

Good luck with the game.

Crash

Quote from: strangeflower on January 26, 2018, 01:59:00 PM
I actually think I'll retire my interest in this. While I do love the concept very much, I'm just having too hard a time making up my mind about what kind of character I want to play. That usually means that whatever character I end up making I won't be that interested in playing it.

I will however lurk around and if I have an epiphany I'll get back to you all.

Good luck with the game.
m

That’s to bad Strange.  I was hoping to see you in game.  I plan on making both Alice and Cheshire Cat if you think of a character that might want to run into them or have a background tie in let me know.

Dhampyress

@strangeflower: Unfortunate to hear, but certainly understand. Best of luck with your other games.

Although, I did want to take a moment to reflect on a good question your asked prior to stepping off interest. I'm hoping it might be able to answer the question to others as well.

Quote from: strangeflower on January 26, 2018, 12:50:59 PM
This and after reading the sample character I have a question: Do the characters know of their past in the reals of fairy tales or are they sort of like the inhabitants in the beginning of Once Upon a Time

That's entirely up to the player to decide. It's not mandatory for a character to suffer amnesia, but certainly a viable element to include in a characters back story, if one may so choose.

And on a different subject, Crash has sent me his profile and it has been accepted!

Crash

Played By: Crash
Name: Alice (Just Alice or Aly)
Face Claim/Play-By: Ola Pushkina
Alias/Nick name's: Aly
Age Apperance: Late teens early 20's
Height: 5' 4"
Ethnicity: Mutt
Sexuality: Pansexual
Affiliation: None
Bio:

Personality:

Talkative: Alice will talk to anyone about anything though he favorite subjects are metaphysical in nature and can be confusing to others. She has no sense of etiquette or decorum in speaking with others and assumes everyone is as willing to converse as she is.

Friendly:  Alice almost always has a smile on her face.  She is open and honest and easy going.  She is always willing to help others and will give her last penny to a person in need.  She is a likable person even when talking about things that only make vague sense.

Naive:  Alice doesn’t come from The City.  She is a country girl in the big city, which is apparent to anyone that sees her.  She walks around in wide-eyed wonder at all of the sights and is always comparing things in the city to things “back home.”

Hedonistic:  Alice always has some for on mind altering substance on her.  No one knows where she gets it or how she can afford it, but she is never without and is happy to share with others. The pills always have strange names and effects, but they are always enjoyable until the inevitable crash.

Confusing:  Alice has strange theories about everything.  She isn’t exactly a conspiracy theorist and does not sound paranoid.  She just believes in some strange shit.  Ghosts?  Yep.  Bigfoot? Saw one.  Chupacabra?  Why not?  Aliens?  Dude. Don’t be ridiculous. Not all us hicks believe that shit.

Background:

Alice is new in town. Few know her; no-one knows where she’s from. She seems to be a drifter of the backpacking sort, wandering downtown in a windbreaker and wool hat, rubbernecking the glowing neon and jumbo screen, riddled with amazement. Buy Alice a cheap burger and she is happy to talk without taking a breath. She will share her delirious metaphysical theories with you, adamant that there is something essentially wrong with this Babylon you live in. She’ll tell you that everything here looks absolutely mad to her, that where she comes from, things are a lot more ‘normal’ and ‘down to earth.’ Reticent to say exactly where that is, she won’t say much beyond ‘outside the City’ or ‘in the country’.

Some of the things she says make sense, because downtown is pretty crazy. But don’t follow her nor take any recreational substances she offers you. If she’s in the zone and wanders into a live music event at the plaza or a nightclub, or any other audio-visual display that will mesmerize her, you will find out the exact meaning of “When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.”

Alice simply wandered into the Rabbit Hole one night after chatting up a nice fellow on the bus.  She prefers cabaret and swing nights at  to the nightly performances or jazz, blues and torchsong, but there is no end of interesting individuals for her to chat up and they can do the most amazing things so she keeps coming back apparently just wandering off the street when she finds herself nearby or taking a night off from other more “transcendent” experiences.

Distinguishing Features:

Special Qualities:

- Warp reality: Alice has no real control over her ability and in all honesty she doesn’t really understand that the strange things that happen in around and to her are her own doing.  She has come up with dozens of bizarre theories as to what is happening and if you talk to her for too long that may even start to makes sense.  This ability can enlarge or shrink things, confuse people, make up seem like down and down seem like up.  It can disorient or stimulate and it can cause hallucinations.  To Alice it just seems like a really good (or bad) trip but it is really happening around her and to the people in her vicinity.  The more mind altering or spiritual an experience is to her the greater affect her power has. A side effect of this power is that she always has little pills in her pockets that can give her a wicked great high.  The pills work on others too, but they get one hellacious crash and a wicked hang-over the next day.
-Navigation: Alice hardly ever gets lost.  She has traveled quite a bit since leaving home and learned how to somewhat navigate her own warped reality.  It makes it really hard to turn her around or follow her when she does want to be followed.  As long as she has one reference point she can figure out where she is if she has a map or as been to her destination before.
-Streetwise: Alice isn’t street smart, but she knows how to find an underground club or party or rave.  Maybe it is her naïvety, open face or the fact that back home she was the one coordinating them.  It doesn’t matter.  She knows where to go for a good time.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? Yes

List name of business and affiliation, if any: The Rabbit Hole Speakeasy

The Rabbit Hole is a small speakeasy style night club with a distinct noir feel to it, though the eras seem to very from the 1920's to 1950's in fashion and music choices.It is run by its proprietrix Chelsey Kocka (Cheshire Cat).  The Rabbit Hole appears comfy it a bit cramped no matter how many people are in it.  It had a loyal clientel and is gaining in popularity which is both good and bad in Chelsey's mind.  She isn't looking to gain Sinderella's attention and jeopardize her ownership or her clubs existence because Sinder feels she is competition.

The Rabbit Hole is located in the basement of an old building downtown.  You can either enter through a set of stairs along the front of the building or from the alley on the side.  Either door has a bouncer. There is a long bar covering one side of the main room and a stage that has nightly jazz, blues and torchsong acts.  Once a week the Rabbit Hole has a swing or cabaret night.

The back room is an illegal gambling den.  You have to be invited by either Chelsey herself or be vouched for by someone she trusts in order to gain access to the room.  The card games are not affiliated with the Rabbit Hole. Chelsey just takes a cut of the winnings for providing a place to play as well as making money off of all of the drinks the players consume. 

There is a glamour on the Rabbit Hole that makes all patrons appear to be dressed in some form of noir fashion be it 1920's through the 1950's or even Neon Noir of the 1980's and futuristic noir styles.

Bekah Boo

Lingo

Hi friends :)

I have some free time and muse to write so please count me as interested and watching this thread!!

Crash

I still need to write up Cheshire Cat too but I was waiting to see if we got more interest.  Sandbox games usually need  a number of really dedicated players to work in order to survive the inevitable attrition of group games.

Dhampyress

@ Lingo & Bekah: Hey you two! I'd love to have you both in the game again.

So far I've received two profiles and a lot of wonderful inquiries within the subject of character building! Can't wait to see the rest.

Bekah Boo

Yay!!
I guess I can’t resist a Blissy run game any day ;3
Would you prefer the character profile sent to you or posted here?

Crash

Quote from: Bekah Boo on January 28, 2018, 09:51:03 PM
Yay!!
I guess I can’t resist a Blissy run game any day ;3
Would you prefer the character profile sent to you or posted here?

Blissy wanted them sent to her then posted here on approval if you wanted to share.

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Crash on January 28, 2018, 09:54:07 PM
Blissy wanted them sent to her then posted here on approval if you wanted to share.

Gotcha,
Thanks Crash ;3

Crash

BentonKjarn

Hi all,
I submitted and Blissy accepted the below character sheet for my former corrupt cop version of the Huntsman.  If any the nascent crime lords of Fableshores are in the mood for it, I would love to play out his betrayal of the "Evil Queen" as part of our game.  It does not have to be directly from the books, but I see something like this:  a Fableshores kingpin type marries herself into legit money, into the upscale side of the 'Shores.  All is well until she finds out her dying husband is still intending to leave his legit fortune to the daughter that he treasures, from his previous marriage.  This evil step mother sends Cal to kill the girl, but he is unable to, because he has never pulled the trigger on a civilian who is not in the game.  He fakes the girl's death instead.  The good man dies, and just before the evil step mother can collect, the daughter steps forward to claim her fortune, leaving the kingpin nothing for her effort except a burning desire for revenge on a man who is very hard to kill.  (Depending on how sadistic the kingpin herself is, torture of a man who heals like he can could be very interesting.)  If nobody is interested in this bit of plot, than I will simply move it into his backstory, and the game can play out as normal.  Please PM me if this kind of thing could interest you. 

Played By: BentonKjarn
Name: Callum Chase
Face Claim/Play-By: Jon Hamm
Alias/Nick name's: Cal or Chaser
Age Apperance: Mid-forties
Height: 6'2"
Ethnicity: White, no accent
Sexuality: Pansexual, Voracious
Affiliation: Unafiliated
Bio:

Cal Chase's first few years in the Fableshores police department were marked by little except how average they were.  He was not a high achiever, he hated the uniform, and most of all he hated making nothing while the people he had grown up with on the streets of Fableshores had turned into kingpins of the local drug trade.  A chance question had brought Cal to the notice of a lieutenant of the Gang Enforcement taskforce for the city. Cal had an encyclopedic knowledge of the drug trade and the players, he had grown up in the Shores projects himself, and he still played "touch" football on Sundays with a crew that had grown up with him in the Shores' Northwest Projects.  The Lieutenant had transferred the officer to the Gang unit, and a street monster had been born. His old mates fed him a steady stream of arrests, arrests that made him out to look like Captain America to his superiors, and soon he had his own unit on the task force.  Cal and his men lived by two rules.  1) The boys in blue were the biggest and baddest gang on the streets.  2) The Northwest Shores crew was untouchable.  Complaints of excessive force, disappearances, intimidation, abuse of power, they all fell through the cracks, because Cal and his men seized tons of drugs and warehouses full of cash.

In no time the Northwest crew was the only game left in town, and the big arrests started to dry up.  Political pressure started to come down from the Mayor's office and the City Council to come down on the Northwest Crew.  Cal had casually answered the political pressure with glimpses inside of another world he had come to know intimately.  The city's rampant corruption.  He had evidence on everybody. If anyone tried to move on him or his men, he would release it.  The standoff lasted until a group of reporters from the newspaper finally broke the story of the corrupt cop and his connections to the city's biggest drug connection.  His men had been sent to jail, but Cal himself had leveraged his files into getting a walk, something about the local judge's affection for cheerleaders.  High school cheerleaders.  Stripped of his pension, he is back in a rathole apartment in the Northwest.  Without Cal as their Fairy Godmother, his old Northwest crew had gone to jail as well, leaving Cal with more enemies than he could count, very few friends, but more contacts than anyone else.  If it is worth knowing about on the streets of Fableshores, Cal knows it.  Knowledge is the only thing keeping him alive.  Cal put word out on the street that if anything ever happened to him, he has it set so that the same reporters that took him down would get every scrap of info he possessed.

These days he operates as an occasional enforcer, but mostly as a bounty hunter or private detective.  He has an elaborate network of informants, but no friends.  The only thing he has retained beyond that from his former life is his attachment to fine, custom cut suits and heavy firepower.  Back in his police days he had always insisted he was the first one through any door, and as result, he has been shot, stabbed or injured more than any cop in the history of the department, but always, no matter how severe the injury, he seems to bounce back.

Distinguishing Features: His body is heavily laden with scars.  He always has a five o clock shadow, to cover the time a junkie with a razor blade slit his throat while he was on stake out.  He has three through and through bullet hole scars in his upper chest and torso, as well his back is a mess from a shotgun blast of that took him in the back.  The cuts and stab wounds that adorn the rest of his flesh all seem kind of minor compared to the bullet wounds.

Special Qualities:

-Heightened resiliency as a result of an accelerated healing factor.  Not to the point of immortality, it can be overcome with enough damage, and his body will not knit itself together in front of someone's eyes, but wounds that would kill another man, he spends a few days in bed and he bounces right back from them.  After taking the shotgun blast in the back, his team had wanted to start calling him "Unkillable Cal", but he had squashed that noise immediately.

-Relentless focus and bulldog intensity,  Once he gets a problem stuck in his craw, he does not stop, he will not sleep, he will attack the problem, worry it, until he figures out how to fix it.

-Expertise with firearms.  One other outlet for his ill gotten gains from the police day is his armament.  He has a small fortune in Glocks, H and K submachine guns, shotguns, and several AR-15 fully automatic assault rifles.  The jewel of the collection is .50 caliber Barrett Model 82.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y]

List name of business and affiliation, if any: Chaser Investigations Chaser Investigations Your basic private eye office from any film noir.  The office is just a place for Callum to go when he is not at home or on the street working a case.  First time client meetings always happen here.

1#<a href=https://img2.goodfon.ru/original/1600x900/1/d4/office-ofis-detektiv.jpg> Interior

Crash

I should have a second character submitted soon.  Maybe tonight.

Bekah Boo

Played By: Bekah Boo
Name: Madeline Huasur
Face Claim/Play-By: Alison Harvard
Alias/Nick name's: Maddie, Steel Fist Maddy, The girl with silver/no hands
Age Apperance: 26
Height: 5'1
Ethnicity: German
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Affiliation:
Bio: Madeline's beginnings are as bizarre and strange as any fellow Myst in the world of her origin, her only crime being too pure for her father as he found her innocence to be his downfall into insanity. Plagued with fits of delirium and strange voices the father found the devil whispering in his ear to give his daughter up for sacrifice for the fallen angel himself, that such innocent as she would only bring upon great grief and hard times upon the lowly peasants of the small German town tucked within the roaming mountains. Feeling like one of God's chosen Madeline's father followed the strange instructions well as he chained his sobbing child to the center of the field and left her to become 'unclean' without bathing nor substance to feed her so that she could be touched and taken into hell for the offering to spare the village.Yet after a few days the father would find his daughter clean from the great amount of her tears she shed, resulting in her flesh becoming too pure to be sacrificed as this only furthered the father's insanity to great lengths.At last the voice had one more instruction in which to give as it would be the most horrific of the crimes her father would commit,the voice having only one last recourse for his failure; to cut his own child's hands off so that they could be offered instead.

Using a dull axe the father mad with his mind all but melting away would hack off Madeline's once fragile and dainty hands at the wrists, the blood curdling screams of his daughter like the choir of angels to his bubbling mind as the man thought he had at last spared the village from great hardships that would befall them. No matter the screams of agony or pleads of forgiveness he would not be deterred as at long last he had finished the heinous act upon his young daughter and maimed her for life. Left crippled and in agony within the field a lowly witch would come to the traumatized maiden's begging call, having come across the scene of carnage and was revolted at the pitiful sight. Soothing the frantic maiden who would no doubt die from her grievous injuries the witch could see the purity in which her father had saw as damnation and sought to right the wrongs in any way she could, as her gift was a simple one. Giving Madeline finely carved hands of pure silver the witch instructed the in awe maiden that she should hold onto such brilliant purity as her prayers would be answered for her kindness in the form of usable hands in which to live with. That said however if she were to stray from such welcomed kindness and even thoughts the spell would revoke and leave her nothing but stumps once more, the gift giving as it was receiving as Madeline would be forced to live a life of restraint as a result, but it was all the witch was capable of.

Set free from her chains and unable to travel home to the village who had ignored her cries Madeline set off to rebuild a life of her own, traveling the countryside to settle herself all while keeping promise to the gift she had so been given. It had proved difficult for the young maiden as she had found the state of her hands tied deeply within her emotions, as any outward sadness or anger would result in them all but disappearing, while even tempered and kindness allowed the shimmering silver to once more take shape; truly an adjustment within Madeline's life as she struggled immensely during these times.

It was during such travels however on one fateful evening the young maiden would rest her weary head for just a moment, that upon her waking she found herself in a new world entirely, an environment that was surely built and an oddity for Madeline to witness and yet surely felt like a dream in itself.No longer were there fields of poppies, nor grand mountains doting the landscape, but rather strange buildings of brick and stone sculpted so perfectly, the oddity of flameless lights littering the skyline as Madeline found herself within Fableshore as it would soon be called. It would be months before the idea of this all nothing more than a dream would finally be revoked as Madeline did what she could to adjust to the best of her abilities, finding she was not alone in this strange world and that among them they were all similarly in the same sort of status. The hardships she faced however were nothing like those she had once faced within her tragic life as here Madeline was allowed the freedom in which she made her own name, erecting the Stahlfaust Tavern as a means of supporting herself after doing business with a strange fellow who was mesmerized by her shimmering hands of silver. Setting up shop Madeline began to adjust to her new life that seemingly did not have a real beginning or tale, but rather as if the fellow Mysts as they were soon called, had been merely dropped within the environment of oddity all together.

So many questions begged for answers and yet after nearly ten years there was still little known of Fableshore or it's beginnings, as soon enough it was accepted as mere reality and many citizens simply went on with their lives. Madeline became successful in her tavern with old german charm, and life was simply just that, just life.

Distinguishing Features: Madeline lost her hands to her father due to his insanity gripping him so firmly in the belief the devil wanted her hands as a prize, chopping them off in a fit in his delirium.This was witnessed by a witch who in turn gave Madeline hands made of silver, though they would only appear when she is even tempered and calm.
-On the flip side however when Madeline is under heavy stress, anger or depression the enchantment over her hands fail leaving her with nothing but stumps which can frighten some not prepared.She's scared off many an unwilling victim due to this.

Special Qualities: Sweet tempered Madeline enjoys doing what she can for those around her, as it isn't uncommon to see her wandering around with baskets of german sweets and other homemade meals for those who either need it or simply ask.

-When emotionally sound Madeline's hands become silver due to a kind witch before her time in fableshore, her hands however are quite heavy and are able to smash and crack if she isn't careful. 
-Although it can be troubling Madeline does enjoy working with her hands, usually for her home cooking in which she has become quite skilled at enough to offer a full menu at her tavern.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y/N] Y

List name of business and affiliation, if any: “Stahlfaust Tavern" The sort of place where one can hang up their coat and drink away the day's worries, the sort of place to expect a cold brew waiting for you at the bar no questions asked. Madeline prides herself in accumulating her regulars and treating them well, as her slightly abrasive and assertive nature is well welcomed by the crowds she gathers at the little watering hole full of classic German charm one would expect. Not to mention she actively employs needy once patrons down on their luck as Madeline can use all the help she can get considering she's a little 'clumsy' with carrying out drinks every once in a while.

Stahlfaust Tavern

Name of businessStahlfaust Tavern
Owned by: Madeline Huasur
Stahlfaust Tavern

Interior

Exterior

“Stahlfaust Tavern”Nestled on the edge of Neverland Ward it's owner Madeline Huasur wanted to bring her German roots to life as the tavern became her essential love child from all her efforts. Serving a vast assortment of homemade brews her village had been known for, Madeline's establishment is warm and comforting, a slightly more upscale version of a tavern but still the sort of place to leave the coat at the door and have a belly full of good home cooking, good alcohol, and good times. The staff indulge in the homey atmosphere with traditional garb of old world charm, along with the notion that all are welcome so long as their money is good. Though Madeline does have some instances of embarrassing mishaps involving spilled drinks from time to time, The Stahlfaust Tavern is a very welcoming for both patrons as well as anyone who wishes to find employment.

Dhampyress

Bekah Boo has been accepted into the game!

I've also added Dorothy's profile beneath Cindy's in the example profile section of the first post.

Crash

Played By: Crash
Name: Chelsey Kocka (Cheshire Cat)
Face Claim/Play-By: Vica Kerekes
Alias/Nick name's: None
Age Apperance: 36
Height: 5’ 3”
Ethnicity: Czech
Affiliation: Rabbit Hole Speakeasy

Personality:
Neutral:  Chelsey does not take sides in the political or criminal environment of Fableshore.  She and be extension the Rabbit Hole are completely neutral unless the Rabbit Hole is in danger in which case she will react swiftly in its defense. 

Silly:  Loves a good practical joke and enjoys playing them on her friends and enemies.  Chelsey is a playful person in many aspects of her life.  In her mind life is not worth living if it is not fun.  Chelsey loves turning even serious situations in to a game no matter the stakes.

Mischievous:  Chelsey’s silliness can have a bit of a dark side.  She can go from silly to toying with people for her amusement if she is bored or feeling threatened in some way.  Those that have targeted the Rabbit Hole or become unruly in its walls are often plagued with what appears to be unfortunate luck that can turn downright deadly if they persist.

Cunning: Chelsey had not maintained her neutrality passively.  She knows what is happening in Fableshore through her reputation as a moderator and neutral party.  She has blackmail information on many of the players within the city and is not afraid to use it if necessary.  Chelsey Is smart about it though and the people that could be a threat to her understand that she will remain utterly and completely neutral as long as her own interests are not threatened.  Considering those interests seem to be her own self-preservation and that of the Rabbit Hole and little else she is viewed as a dangerous but not threatening to other business.  Which is exactly how she wants to be perceived.

Mysterious: Chelsey doesn’t talk about her background much.  She was a mystery as the Cheshire cat and she remains so.  How she digs up her blackmail information is unknown, but it is often surprisingly accurate.  She still retains much of her magic from her time in Wonderland, but when asked how she simply shrugs and simply states it is in her nature and gives that big toothy grin.  Maybe she doesn’t know her past or simply finds it uninteresting.  Maybe in Wonderland she was just too insane to care.

Bio: Whatever calamity befell Wonderland seemed to have knocked some sanity back into its residents.  Not all.  Wonderlanders are a peculiar bunch to be sure. Cheshire Cat doesn’t speak much about those final days and the exile.  Perhaps she doesn’t know or just doesn’t care.  Fableshore has opened up many opportunities for the mischievous Cheshire and so many new creatures to play with.  Cheshire is a patient person..feline…Cheshire.  She has no want or need for control or power, but a deep seated need to be entertained and amused.  Even in the two legged form she has in this realm that hasn’t changed.  She is not a stupid Cheshire though.  Silly yes, but stupid never.  Cheshire needed a place to entertain and be entertained.  A little wonderland of her own, free from the Queen of Hearts and whatever other storybook spoilsport might want to ruin her enjoyment.  So she created the Rabbit Hole.  A little calling card to other Wonderlanders and a sultry siren of sexy stimulation to any human, story or Myst that might like a deviation or distraction from their dark grimy new city. 

The Rabbit Hole Speakeasy simply appeared one day.  Its licenses paid and staff assembled and Cheshire, now Chelsey, invited all of the major players in the city to its grand opening.  She schmoozed and sauntered her way from Myst to Myst and when the night was through her little club was neutral ground among the competing factions of the city.  An oasis of intrigue where deals could be made or broken, but never a drop of blood spilled within its walls. 

For years Chelsey has run the Rabbit Hole.  She is a friendly if silly proprietor prone to games and flirtations.  She is often at the club enjoying the entertainment or playing pool in a side room.  She rarely partakes in gambling preferring her own spontaneous games of chance to any card game, but she will stroll through from time to time to say hello and cause a little mischief if appropriate.  Recently Alice arrived in Fableshore and washed up at the Rabbit Hole.  Where Alice goes trouble follows, but it is such a wonderful chaos that Chelsey has taken to keeping a watchful eye on the beautiful wanderer and enjoys their strange metaphysical conversations to no end.

Distinguishing Features: Big, Toothy Smile
Special Qualities:
-Disappear:  Chelsey can fade away into nothing, her eyes and mouth the last thing to disappear.
-Malleable Form:  Chelsey can alter her appearance in disturbing and strange ways making herself appear terrifying, pulling her head from her body, growing and shrinking her form…etc…etc… It has the added benefit of making her really hard to kill. She can also transform into a fat tabby cat.
-Control and see through the eyes of cats.  Chelsey never tells anyone about this ability.  It is how she has come by many of her little secrets as even someone’s favorite house cat can be a spy for Chelsey.

Codexa

Crash

sullivanthedreadlord

I'm waiting on one person before I go ahead with my initial character idea.

My O/O Page

Kokaine

Not sure if its me you're waiting to hear from (apologies if it is, been all over the place) but I did end up doing Red and she does have some wolf characteristics (and partial transformation) but the way I went about it, it hopefully shouldn't be too similar to your idea.

I'll be doing a second character but I am still thinking on that.

My O/Os

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to tell you that I've added an official character list of the accepted concepts we have so far. I also includes a tentative consideration to some other ideas I've received, but have not obtained character sheets for. This list only includes those for which I have received and accepted profiles for and the former. I figured it would serve to help keep things more organized for everyone. It can be reviewed in the first post, before the exemplary character sheets.

Chaosfox

Just wanted to put out there I am still interested in this. Got roped into House sitting for my aunt which puts a bit of a hamper of doing things on here. But I will still be  working on getting a character together.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Kokaine

Played By: Kokaine
Name: Pyrrha Scarletti
Face Claim/Play-By: Jade Tailor
Alias/Nick name's: Scarlett | Scar | Red
Age Apperance: Mid to Late twenties
Height: 5'9"
Ethnicity: Mixed | Louisianan Accent | Speaks French
Occupation: Jack of all Trades @ The Fairest (fills in where needed) | One of Sinderella's Lieutenants
Affiliation: The Fairest
Bio:
Intelligent | Cunning | Resourceful & Adaptable | Curious | Alert & Observant | Tightly Wound | Flippant/Mouthy | Tempestuous | Highly Sensual | Compassionate

Once upon a time Red was an exceptionally sweet, caring, and well bred young woman who lived with her grandmother in a cozy little cottage in the woods... which about sums up all that Red can recall about her life previously. The rest of her memories feel like they were shoved into a blender and have become a sort of soupy mess. Every now and then she picks out an interesting chunk but really she's just about given up on trying and has instead focused her energies on surviving the now, especially since she's mostly alone.

With no Granny around to tell her what to do every second of the day, and no Peter to tempt her into harmless excursions away from boredom, Red has had to make her own way, relying on her own instincts. Unfortunately, the whole time its felt like two people, two beings in her head, pulling her this way and that with their conflicting desires. The result was a path more winding and meandering than direct, and a life that has certainly not been boring--though a part of her would be glad for a return to the days of before... if it weren't for that one big detail she still can't quite remember. 

That said, like any other place, survival depends on a few key things. Mostly food and shelter but there are other things as well. Things that require an otherwise sweet and tame girl to grow up into a gritty Fableshore urbanite capable of navigating even the grimiest of territories. Not that she lost that sweet veneer entirely. For those who would be inclined to ask how such an innocent girl turns into a sort of street broker, the obvious answer is that necessity can twist all sorts. One must adapt if they are to survive, after all. So Red began her Fableshore career as a broker of information, a set of eyes and ears with a knack for tracking down the juiciest tidbits to trade for money, food, shelter, and favors. And she had the advantage of instinctively knowing how to collect. Her face might not have been shown to all but her husky and slightly raspy tones became pretty well known in certain circles.

The chance of all chances landed her in Sinderella's lap some time back. Making a name for herself was sort of a mixed blessing, but as a one woman show her act was only gonna get so big. Red was about taking care of herself but never seemed to fully cross over into the sort of greed that can take hold, which in a lot of ways limited her. It very definitely helped keep her sane. In control. But it also kept her from growing into one of the major figures in Fableshore. Granted, even without greed the woman seemed to possess a craving for danger and thrills that made her reckless enough to get mixed up with said figures. While part of her might have craved a return to normalcy the other part couldn't bear the thought of anything so sedate and so she made a gamble. Took a risk. Her activities led her to seek a cover of regular employment to be nearer to certain types. Getting into The Fairest actually seemed almost too easy but she didn't back off. Hell, being a magnet for trouble sort of guaranteed that she was quickly pulled in deeper than she had anticipated. But leave it to Red to make a virtue of necessity.

The theme didn't change. Red knew the likelihood of this life chewing her up and spitting her out was high but the rush of uncertainty was like an addiction. Besides, while she hadn't been strictly aware of it before, she did seem to prefer having something or someone to show at least a modicum of loyalty to. Rising in the ranks was viewed as necessary to her own chances, but admittedly there are perks that come with the position that she quite enjoys.

Distinguishing Features: Has a few special tattoos, mainly symbols or text here and there. They appear to be clues to her past, her origins, but she hasn't had much luck in puzzling them out thus far. She also has a nose ring (left) and several piercings in each ear. She has a few lasting scars, though new ones do not seem to appear. And, of course, she's almost always seen wearing red (Its a problem if she's not.)

Special Qualities:
Mark of the Beast - Neither one thing nor the other, Red appears to be caught in limbo with regards to things she cannot fully remember. She dreams of the wolf, knows it intimately, yet she remains ever poised on the edge, neither tipping over into full beast form yet clearly not human. Her senses are sharper, her strength greater than that of a woman her size and stature, she is faster and more durable--able to take damage and heal provided she eats. Her nature is more primal and can bring about physical changes to her eyes, teeth, and nails, usually when her composure slips. These things do ebb and flow with the phases of the moon, the full moon bringing on the greatest intensity, but they are always there and require Red to truly be master of herself.

The Red Cloak - An enchanted item that can turn into any garment or accessory the owner can imagine, though it is always red. The cloak boosts or represses certain traits in the wearer, dependent upon their personality and motivations. For Red it is meant to soothe the beast and helps her keep control of herself. If lost, wearing other red items may temporarily help but not indefinitely, or even for long. The cloak can be taken or loaned but will only work as intended for the true owner. It may be gifted to another but only by free will.

Survivalist - Red has an uncanny ability to be, say, or do whatever will allow her to survive a given situation. It's not so much magical as it is keen observation and natural intuition. It won't keep her out of trouble, unfortunately, and seems to have made her a tad more reckless with herself at times, encouraging that part of her that seems to thrive on the edge. So far she's always managed to land on her feet though, eventually.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [N]

My O/Os

Codexa

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

*Pokes interest check*

Okay, so, I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with any newbie friendly programs or sites that I might use to attempt to make a map of Fableshore with? I have a few ideas for significant locations, but if I can implement some graphics, I think that might add to it a bit. I haven't attempted building a map for a group game in a while, so any advice would be appreciated.

Crash

Dhampyress

I'd like it to, yes. Maybe I should do a recount for a show of interest? If you're still interested please post here and let me know.

sullivanthedreadlord

Maybe I can play more of a Maleficent type character who comes to this town to perhaps change her story or find a place where she can just live her life with out all her past baggage. So she can use her magic to change her form so that hopefully no one knows who she is but she still can change into a dragon but at least she can control the size of the dragon.

My O/O Page

Crash

Dhampyress

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 07, 2018, 12:28:44 PM
Maybe I can play more of a Maleficent type character who comes to this town to perhaps change her story or find a place where she can just live her life with out all her past baggage. So she can use her magic to change her form so that hopefully no one knows who she is but she still can change into a dragon but at least she can control the size of the dragon.

I think that's certainly a fitting possibility. ^^ I'd love to read the concept in full.

sullivanthedreadlord

The only thing I'm not sure about but ill go ahead and read through the first post again is the use of magic. With some one like Maleficent who is an accomplished magic user as well some one who can transform into a black dragon. I figure that if I'm playing a character that is hiding in this town she wouldn't be using her magic every day or in front of any one. It would be something that she keeps on the downlow so that no one can even suspect who she really is.

My O/O Page

sullivanthedreadlord

Played By: Sullivanthedreadlord
Name: Maleficent
Alias/Nick name's: Mia Rosenberg
Age Apperance: True form- Late 40’s, disguised form Late 20s to mid 30s
Height: True form- 5’11”, Disguised form 5’7”
Ethnicity: European but with a Western American accent
Sexuality: Bi
Reputation: Mostly 'Ambivalent', but is trying to not draw too much attention to herself.
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Bio:
After her ultimate battle with the prince and her supposed death at his hands she fled the lands of her birth. She wanted nothing to do with the fairy tale lands or their so-called heroes. She wanted nothing more than to find a place to call her own and to be left the hell alone. She searched high and low and finally she found a place where she could hide and make something of her life. Being an expert at magic that allowed her to alter her form she crafted a new for herself to take. It was upon her arrival to Fable shore that Mia Rosenberg was born.

Even with her magic she was not able to remove the scar on her chest from where the prince had stabbed her in dragon form. Though it was easy to hide with clothes. She arrived in town with very little to her name. She took some odd jobs here and there till she saved up enough money to buy her own little shop. She was always had a green thumb, so she was able to start up her own floral shop. With in a few years she was able to get a nice steady stream of customers that allowed her to finally stop taking the occasional odd job.
That being said, her one true goal was to keep to herself in the fact that she didn’t want others from her realm to even know who she used to be. It was hard at times to keep her anger in check at certain individuals but for the most part she had done enough to make it so that no one knew who she used to be.

With her life pretty much set for the most part there is always that worry that it will all come crashing down one day around her head. After being a so-called villain in other peoples stories she is still not sure that a happy every after is in her future. With that uncertainty looming over her head she cautiously looks to the future hoping that this new identity doesn’t slip, and she is once more forced back into her old way out a need to survive.

Distinguishing Features: A fully coloured black dragon tatoo on her lower back. A decent sized vertical scar that on her stomach that came from a magic sword that can not be hidden by magic. A constant reminder of how close she came to dying at the hands of those who call themselves a hero.

Special Qualities: Magic and the ability to shapeshift

-Magic- Having studied magic for many years she is an expert at casting spells as well as curses onto others. For the more simple spells it is rather easy to conjure. Like for example lighting something on fire, throwing a fireball or even shooting lightning from her fingers. She is mostly known for her fire spells. When it comes to curses that takes more time to pull forth. Most curses require a material component drawn from the intended victim or they have to eat a poisoned apple for instance. All magic comes at a price and she will grow tired from overusing her magic and become more vunerable.
Transformation. She has the ability to either disguise herself as someone else or to take the form of a black dragon. While she is transformed into other people she does not have access to her magic. She also doesn’t have access to her other magic while in dragon form either. She can only maintain one form at a time. Because of how well versed in this magic she can maintain form even when sleeping. It is only under certain conditions that will force her into her original form. She has to take a serious injury that puts her into critical condition before her magic falters and she reverts back to true form. Other than that, a spell more powerful than she can block will also force her back into her true form.
Staff of the Black Dragon- One of the legendary witch staffs, it is tied to her and her draconic powers. Not much is know about the origins of this staff but it has been with her since she was a young woman. It was through this staff that she awakened her abilities to turn into a black dragon. Since magical objects of this nature are tied to an individual rather than just a magic staff any one can use. It can only be used by its destined user. This staff acts as a magical focus for when she really needs to use magic of higher caliber or something that needs a bit more power. Her illusion powers are great but with the staff she can become a huge fire breathing black dragon that only a hero with a magic sword can hope to defeat. It was only through the use of this staff and its own magic that she survived her defeat at the hands of the Prince. She keeps this staff hidden away or at least she is able to transform it into something more simple looking. Even if it looks like a walking staff currently only she can tap into it. To every one else who holds it, it is  nothing more than a simple walking stick. 

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y]

List name of business and affiliation, if any: The Queens Garden is a small town flower shop that sells all kind of rare and common flowers. It’s a two story building as she lives in the upstairs portion of the shop. That way she lives where she works and does not have to worry about paying for rent for two buildings. She wants her life to be as simple as possible.

(Note: She runs a small flower shop and is the sole owner and employee. Its hours of operation are Monday through Saturday. 10 AM to 5 PM and closed on Sundays. Its one of those buildings with first floor that is the business. The top floor is a living space. It has one master bedroom, one guest room. Two bathrooms, one is the master bathroom that is only connected to the master bedroom. The other bathroom is next to the guestbedroom. There is one room that is used for an office. One main room that is a split between a living room and a kitchen. A balcony that over looks the back yard that contains a garden for all of her flowers and other plants. In the back is a decent sized green house for planets that require more special care. Some plants are arranged out front. There is a large old fashion sign that says The Queens Garden out front.

My O/O Page

Kokaine

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

My first thought was Regina but she doesn't turn into a cool dragon. Of course there's the wicked witch but in the end I picked my favorite which was Maleficent.

My O/O Page

BentonKjarn

Dhampyress

Lovely.

By my count it seems that everyone is still on board. Just a quick update from me in light of this news. I've started to plan out how to share more of Fableshores geographical factors with you, and should have that posted up and ready for you all within the next few days.

sullivanthedreadlord

Sounds good. As for my characters place of business. Its one of those buildings with first floor that is the business. The top floor is a living space. More than likely one master bedroom, one guest room. Two bathrooms and one guest room. One main room that is a split between a living room and a kitchen. I was also thinking a balcony that over looks the back yard that contains a garden for all of her flowers and other plants. In the back i was also picturing some sort of green house for planets that require more special care. Some plants growing out front as well. I have a general idea of what it looks like.

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on February 09, 2018, 12:11:14 AM
Sounds good. As for my characters place of business. Its one of those buildings with first floor that is the business. The top floor is a living space. More than likely one master bedroom, one guest room. Two bathrooms and one guest room. One main room that is a split between a living room and a kitchen. I was also thinking a balcony that over looks the back yard that contains a garden for all of her flowers and other plants. In the back i was also picturing some sort of green house for planets that require more special care. Some plants growing out front as well. I have a general idea of what it looks like.

Sounds good. You should tweak your profile and add this information under the optional business section. It would be good for future reference. :-)

EDIT: Where do you guys think I should place the game and all it's relevant information, when it comes time? Any preferences? I was thinking Non-Consensual Human or Non-Consensual Exotic? Opinions?

Crash

Kokaine

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Non-con exotic it is!

EDIT: Game information thread will be up tonight with all important details accessible to everyone in the game.

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Dear Mysts,

I'm proud to inform you that all of the Game Information is now available in NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups for your viewing. Please review the new information posted there. Some of this new information includes: Fableshores geography, locations, places, as well as rules regarding how the element of time will factor into scenes, details on all current Affiliations, a summarized history of how Fableshore came to be, and elaboration on Tonics and their role in the game.

My next step is to get the in character posts going and scenes starting, as well as characters archived and easily accessible for your reference. On the subject of how we'll be starting the game out, I wanted to ask how you all felt about a public scene taking place at The Fairest, for a big group scene? It would be a sort of leisure night in that everyone would be welcome to come by. Furthermore, I'm sure some of you would prefer more singular scenes. That is certainly an option as well. I'll be working on a collection of NPC characters that will act as key players in various affiliations in Fableshore. These characters will be played out upon a players request of interaction. I plan to have their sheets up within the next few days in the form of condensed versions of our current character sheet. I encourage all of you to start collaborating with other players, so everyone can look forward to something and have an easy time transitioning into the early stages of the game, if you have not done so already.

I will also be working on getting the OOC thread up very shortly.

With this information in mind, if you wish to tweak your profiles based on some of the new game details, you may certainly do so. I have adjusted small details in my own. However, if you happen to make any major changes please let me know! I'm also always open to answer questions and happy to receive your input.

sullivanthedreadlord

I play pathfinder on the weekends so I'm a bit busy on the weekends.

My O/O Page

Eikichi

Pretty sure I can post this now; if not feel free to correct me Blissy.

Played By: Eikichi
Name: Jacob Beiste
Face Claim/Play-By: Santiago Cabrera
Alias/Nick name's: Jack
Age Apperance: Late 20's, early 30's
Height: 6'1"
Ethnicity: Scottish
Sexuality: Hetero
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Bio:

What if a Beast had no way to break their curse. That their fabled happily ever after was nothing more than a passing fantasy unable to be achieved. That his true love, was no more than a fairy tale. His beastly appearance so abhorrent that it drove others away in sheer terror. Under such circumstance if given the choice to remain cursed or find himself within a new land. Then the former beast had little holding him back. Within Fablemore he finally freed from the curse that had plagued him for almost a decade. Yet, even being free from his beastly form came with consequences which some would consider inconsequential. To him, however, it proved to take quite a drastic toll on his already abused psych. In Fable more he is no longer bound by the curse which deprived him of his human appearance. But the pride, the narcissism, which brought about that curse, has not faded in the slightest. Now instead of an inhuman appearance bringing disaster upon him Jacob has to reside as nothing more than a commoner. No big mansion to wallow away in, no servants to cater to his requests.

Instead of living in relative comfort as a beast he now spends his free days engaged in difficulty. Whether it is working a menial job, or residing in an abode which would hardly be considered a broom closet of his former home. The curse might be undone but semantics aside he is still cursed. Only now, with nothing barring his narcissism, the current circumstances of his existence are simply a minor inconvenience. Of course, the curse itself isn’t truly lifted. Simply dormant; his beastly appearance sealed away but it also means that any true love is nothing else other than a fable.

Unlike many who had arrived in Fablemore and began to establish themselves, Jacob had been incredibly indecisive. With his beastly body gone he had spent the first few years simply drifting, waiting to see if the bubble of good fortune had burst until eventually he’d trapped himself in his own indecision. Whether it was his narcissism, arrogance, or utter disdain for others Jacob was unable to find a more comfortable means of employment with the rest of the residents. Instead; with little skills or knowledge, he sunk himself into doing menial tasks where he could in exchange for enough that would allow him at least some semblance of livelihood. A few years later some of his previous arrogance had been withered away by repeatedly preforming menial tasks for his fellow residents. In a twist of irony the prince found himself skilled in the one thing in which he’d always had others do for him.

Distinguishing Features: A half-crescent mark on his mid-back; while unassuming this mark is the dormant curse he'd been plagued with for a decade. After coming to Fablemore the beastly form had been shed and in exchange this ominous mark has taken it's place. Strangely it has the odd habit of changing direction.

Special Qualities:

-Absolute Poverty Perhaps another manifestation of the curse he tried to rid himself of; Jacob is now unable to have any sort of finance above the bare minimum needed for his bills and sustenance. Even the occasional drink is hard enough to scrounge money for.
-Bestial Instinct The only benefit of the curse is an increase to his natural instincts. Most notably in his strength; proportionally triple that of an average human being but has the unpleasant side-effect of wearing at his emotional stability.
-Extreme Narcissism This has nothing to do with the curse, rather it is what the curse tried and failed to cure him of. His narcissism knows no ends, and when it flairs he becomes quite unpleasant.

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [N]

PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Dear Mysts,

Just another brief thing. The Fableshore Character Thread is now available in NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups for your viewing. I'd like everyone who's been accepted into the game to actually post / or reserve a post over at the thread, that they can use to post and archive their own characters. I felt uncertain posting all the profiles myself, simply because that can be annoying for players whom may want to alter or add small bits to their sheet. Thus I decided to instead allow everyone to just post their sheet for easy accessibility. However, if anyone makes changes to any of their listed characters I do need to be informed, unless it's something very minor e.g: spelling, grammar, typo.

EDIT: I've added a collection of affiliation based NPC's that I can bring into the game upon request. Please see my post on the character thread for more information on this.

EDIT: I've added 'Jargon' in the rules snippet of the game information. Jargon is simply a few common slang terms that have become popularized around the Fableshore community. It's a sort, simple, but relevant list. You can review them: here, at the very bottom of the rules post.

Thanks!

Crash

Characters added!  Open for connections for Chelsey!  Alice will be showing up in the city for the first time the night we open the games so only other Wonderland characters would possibly know her.

Dhampyress

I'm planning on having the OOC thread up by tomorrow and the IC threads up by Wednesday or Thrusday latest. I'll be starting an opening scene that's available for anyone to join over at the Fairest (Ella's club).

EDIT: I've added several NPC's I'll be playing sporadically for the convenience of players. They can be reviewed over at the Character thread.

Kokaine

Woot! Nice.

If anyone wants to talk prior run ins with Red, I'm open to whatever. Feel free to PM or holler here and I will shoot you one :)

My O/Os

Dhampyress

Dhampyress

Informative Post

The game is live and all OOC discussions have been moved to the respective OOC thread, linked in the above post. Interest check will remain open at this time and open to any late comers!

Codexa

xD

I keep coming back to this one! <3

Naturally, my two top favs are taken (Jack Frost and Hatter)

Ah well.

*Goes fairytale hunting*

Dhampyress

Quote from: Codexa on February 16, 2018, 08:40:40 AM
xD

I keep coming back to this one! <3

Naturally, my two top favs are taken (Jack Frost and Hatter)

Ah well.

*Goes fairytale hunting*

Well, I just spoke with the player whom was tentatively interested in Jack, and they've told me that their thinking of playing with a different concept instead. So Jack, as of right now, is actually available.

Codexa

oh!!

If it's alright, could I stick an interest stamp on him then? <3

Dhampyress

Quote from: Codexa on February 16, 2018, 12:54:57 PM
oh!!

If it's alright, could I stick an interest stamp on him then? <3

Absolutely! I'll mark it down for you. ^^

Myst

::Looks at name. Looks at information post. Looks back at name:: For reasons that I can not quite put my finger on I feel compelled to explore this if you are still looking for players and would be interested in having me.

I have never done this before, so bear with me if I miss something. It seems like you want who we are interested in to mark it down? I would like to express interest in playing a take on Jafar if that is permissible.
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

Dhampyress

Quote from: Myst on February 16, 2018, 03:08:10 PM
::Looks at name. Looks at information post. Looks back at name:: For reasons that I can not quite put my finger on I feel compelled to explore this if you are still looking for players and would be interested in having me.

I have never done this before, so bear with me if I miss something. It seems like you want who we are interested in to mark it down? I would like to express interest in playing a take on Jafar if that is permissible.

That is a strange coincidence. :P However, we'd certainly love to have you in the game all the same. Yes. That's the idea anyway. Jafar would be absolutely permissible, and I'd be very interested to see what you'd like to do with the concept of the character. I will mark it down for you. If you have any more questions about the game, don't be a stranger about them! ;D

Myst

Oh I am so glad you said that. I may have got a bit eager and spent the afternoon working on the sheet. I will send it off shortly!
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

Dhampyress

Quote from: Myst on February 16, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
Oh I am so glad you said that. I may have got a bit eager and spent the afternoon working on the sheet. I will send it off shortly!

Looking forward to reviewing it! ^^

Kokaine

If anyone might be interested in playing my character's son the role is open. He'd be a grown up (over 18 as per the rules of the game) and could easily tie into a fairy tale character given his particular circumstances (pending GM approval of course).

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

Not sure I would know any thing about your characters son or who he is.

My O/O Page

Kokaine

Aeryn is Eris, goddess of Chaos, Discord, and Strife. Eris had a number of children but using artistic license here she only had the one son whom she loved dearly. He was taken and hidden from her (likely in another realm altogether which means he could tie in with a fairy tale) just before the cataclysm and so has no idea where he is or who he might actually be in Fableshore. Beyond that, if the role is taken it would be largely up to the player who takes the role on who they might be.

My O/Os

sullivanthedreadlord

Looks like a few people are playing more than one character.

My O/O Page

Dhampyress

Quote from: Kokaine on February 19, 2018, 03:00:58 PM
Aeryn is Eris, goddess of Chaos, Discord, and Strife. Eris had a number of children but using artistic license here she only had the one son whom she loved dearly. He was taken and hidden from her (likely in another realm altogether which means he could tie in with a fairy tale) just before the cataclysm and so has no idea where he is or who he might actually be in Fableshore. Beyond that, if the role is taken it would be largely up to the player who takes the role on who they might be.

I think it's a great idea, especially with the possibility being so open!  ;D

Dhampyress

Both Cheshire and Hatter have been released for accessibility by their former player! The list on the front page has been updated to show this.

sullivanthedreadlord

I was looking forward to seeing both in the game. I was also looking forward to having my character frequent their club as well.....

My O/O Page

Crash

Sorry.  Alice is my main character and I thought since they were generally popular choices someone might want them in a more active capacity than what I was going to be able to do.

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

November Bleeds

*Slides in* My muse took a long vacation, so I've been on hiatus as of the last few months but... working on getting that muse back!

Definitely interested in playing one of the three bears <:

Dhampyress

Quote from: November Bleeds on February 24, 2018, 12:46:42 PM
*Slides in* My muse took a long vacation, so I've been on hiatus as of the last few months but... working on getting that muse back!

Definitely interested in playing one of the three bears <:

;D ;D ;D *Marks it down*

November Bleeds

November Bleeds

Since some posted their profiles here, I will as well. =]

Open to character connections!

Character Profile

Played By: November Bleeds
Name: Tristan Bear
Face Claim/Play-By: Jon Kortajarena
Alias/Nick name's: Tris
Age Appearance: 32
Height: 6'1
Ethnicity: English, no accent
Sexuality: Bisexual
Affiliation: Bears & The Bold

Bio: With his home quaint and quiet, Tristan was held under rather stern guidelines by his own father. Strict words he followed in order to remain obedient, never back talking even when the pressure became too much. Nothing his father demanded went undone, but his life felt caged despite the outside world practically limitless in structure. That was of course his entire life changed. Being whisked away into another world far different than his own, one with limited magic. During his teenage years, he struggled often, for his second home was far different from his first. As if he hadn't felt outcasted then, he certainly did now. With everything out of his control even still, Tristan had his moments of unforeseeable downfalls. A newfound hatred for himself that no one would know about, all kept secret, or what he could manage to be hushed down from he echoing voices within his own mind and the world around him. Moments where everything built up and he eventually released that energy on doing something unlawful. A secret only but a few even knew about.

When his sister Loxie was given the title of Lieutenant of Bears & The Bold, Tristan was a little surprised given the expectation as he assumed, was to fall on him. While he didn't hate his sister for it, there was frustration toward his own father for offering her a higher ranking than him. Often times, he knew his sister was above and beyond the stereotypical expectation of any leader, knowing full well she could handle her own, let alone a group. But Tristan knew his envy ran often ran deep, causing him to lash out a time or two. Leaving the group happened a couple of times, only for Loxie herself to reel him back in, time and time again. Perhaps she always had been daddy's little girl, obeying her father a lot more than he did despite his own follower instincts, but that alone may have caused him to stray, knowing he could never be what his father expected him to be - but she could.

Tristan spends most of his nights in bars with few people or near the Pier. Anywhere near the water is where he's found most days, trapped in his thoughts. Though he finds enjoyment in the quieter areas, he's not fond of locations that are obnoxiously loud. If a place gets too busy, Tristan is known to part ways due to the noise bothering his ears, unable to stand loud sounds as his hearing is rather sensitive. Tristan is more of a loner, keeping to himself and hardly ever reaching out to anyone. He gets into fights easily and has an aggressive personality to which he tries to keep to himself, but if all ends up being bottled up, he can't quite help himself. While Tristan is an easy trigger, his sister keeps him calm, knowing what to say and how to speak to him and can divert him from getting into too much trouble. But Tristan keeps a very personal part of him a secret, and the public eye has deemed him a mystery, leaving only speculation to who he is or what he's done.

Distinguishing Features: Tristan has a few scars on his torso and forearms from injuries, scratches and burns.

Special Qualities:

Brawn - When the overbearing negative emotions hit, Tristan's physical strength is doubled. While his teeth evolve somewhat monstrous and he shows bear-like qualities, he is far from physically transforming as a whole. Tristan's strength is controllable as long as he remains sober and fully conscious but that doesn't mean he won't lose himself to a moment of anger.

Auditory Range - There's a reason Tristan avoids public rowdy places with an excessive amount of people. With the ability to hear far too clearly, especially when concentrating, he finds it both a curse and a gift. 

Would you like to bring a small business and or/and an 'affiliation' into the game? [Y] - Working on Bears & The Bold with Blissy

dovaholic

*clears throat and nervously taps microphone* Ladies and gentlemen, it would appear that I am a bit late to the party, but, if you'll have me, I would love to join with my human interpretation of Shenzi from The Lion King.

Dhampyress

Quote from: dovaholic on March 09, 2018, 09:22:07 AM
*clears throat and nervously taps microphone* Ladies and gentlemen, it would appear that I am a bit late to the party, but, if you'll have me, I would love to join with my human interpretation of Shenzi from The Lion King.

We'd absolutely love to have you. Shenzi would be very interesting to see in this kind of world. I look forward to reviewing your character sheet.

Kokaine

Still looking to plot with my Aeryn/Eris if anyone is hovering and looking and trying to decide. Would love for someone to play her estranged son. Pyrrha/Red Riding Hood is open to plotting as well!

My O/Os

Mayna

Dhampyress

Kokaine

Would love to see some more characters to mix it up with. Both my characters are open to connections of all sorts and I'm still looking especially to get one of my characters into something so feel free to hit me up via PM or here if you'd be interested in plotting :)

My O/Os

Dhampyress

I've tweaked some important details regarding the first post of this thread. We're still looking for more players and I've adjusted some information reflecting the availability of some characters. Furthermore, there are plenty of players still looking to build connections. I've also changed the title of this thread as it is no longer an interest check, as the game has officially been running for a short time.