News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

I don't think she needs work. She's an assassin and she's fairly good at that job. Trouble is, assassins tend to have limited team value other than that ability to gib somebody quick, and if they don't manage that much they just kinda sit around looking sad.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Except you said before that her whole job was to jump in and ult all over the other team's face.  That's not an assassin's job, so either she's a decent assassin or a shoddy team nuker.  I'm willing to bet it's just the hardcore Katarina players that try to turn her into an uber carry which doesn't always work.  As you said, Fiddles does a better job.  I think it all comes down to a preference of play styles.

I disagree about the limited value of assassins though.  A good assassin played well can keep the opposing team's carry starved for cash and experience.  Trouble is, not everyone plays an assassin that way.  They play them for the easy kills.  Evelynn is a perfect example of this.  Unless she can get the jump on an enemy champion at full health with appropriate items on hand, she doesn't stand a chance against them.  She's only really good at mopping up the mess after someone else has begun the job.  That may be because of her current state (which is less viable than other assassins).

SinfulAngel

I have LoL installed on my desktop but sadly my toaster does not support enough bread to allow the game the proper requirements. So I thus tried to install it onto my husbands laptop. And thus this is where I find the universe hates me, because of the dozen times i have tried to install it. The highest percent it was able to complete was 83%. Either the laptop would crash accordingly for no apparent reason, or my internet would do the same. Infact the 83% was done through the LAN cable itself at which point the program itself said "F You I shall not work" and closed out on me.. So I have facepalmed and given up.

If you've got any idea I shall join you. If not, atleast its a semi pretty icon on my desktop. XD

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17
      Active stories ~ 5  Post time frame 1-5 days

ofDelusions

Well, loading issues might caused by wednesday being patchday for US.

Brandon

Well I wanted to wait till the champions changed, on the chance that I would be able to try her before I bought her but when we didnt get Akali this week I went ahead and spent the IP for her. Just as I thought shes a lot of fun. Im still considering getting trundle next for my jungler

Although this weeks free champions is a big let down for me. The only three in the list I hadnt played yet were Twisted fate (whos pretty cool), Nunu (who I dont really care for), and Irelia (who Im unsure how to play right now). Last weeks selection seemed pretty bad but this weeks selection just seems to have a load of champs I dont care for or just plain dont like :'(
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Rhaegar14

Holy fuckballs Shyvana is awesome. That is all.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Chris Brady

Just found out that Jax has gone through rounds of nerfing.  Pity cuz he was my fave.  In fact, he's what got me banned from that one game server.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

On the one hand, I'm still not really a competitive person - partly because of the attitudes involved, partly because I sorta feel bad for the losers when I win and, well, nobody really likes losing, so it's a no-win proposition for me.

On the other hand, stomping a 5v5 by going 11/0/6 with Graves and forcing an early surrender does feel rather satisfying, I must admit. I felt bad about the game as we were stomping, but when I looked at the score afterward (I tend to not keep close track while playing), that was kinda neat.
◕/◕'s

Aiden

Ryven what was your name on LoL? I added so many people I don't know who is who, so I need to purge and organize who is who.

Ryven

SinXAzgard21

I play LoL on and off... I dislike the assholes that think it is a life or death situation.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 07, 2011, 11:48:41 AM
I play LoL on and off... I dislike the assholes that think it is a life or death situation.

I agree which is why I ignore them every chance I get.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on November 07, 2011, 11:55:16 AM

I am still low level and debating about spending money on it considering I just started playing DCUO and like it a ton more.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 07, 2011, 11:57:47 AM
I am still low level and debating about spending money on it considering I just started playing DCUO and like it a ton more.

I've never spent money on it, and I have a good number of champions and runes.  The only thing money buys you that IP cannot are skins.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on November 07, 2011, 11:58:40 AM
I've never spent money on it, and I have a good number of champions and runes.  The only thing money buys you that IP cannot are skins.

Yeah but for a person that only likes a few characters I can't just hope for the ones I play to be there every week.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 07, 2011, 12:01:19 PM
Yeah but for a person that only likes a few characters I can't just hope for the ones I play to be there every week.

Save up and buy them.  That's what I did.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on November 07, 2011, 12:02:46 PM
Save up and buy them.  That's what I did.

Yeah, I don't play that much so it is why I'm debating.

Aiden

I bought the Collector's Editon for 20 bucks off of Amazon and it is well worth it, since it opens up the base heroes and even gives you enough points to buy a skin or two or another hero. Not a bad price I think for a game that is a shit ton of fun.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Collector%27s_Edition

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aiden on November 07, 2011, 12:11:05 PM
I bought the Collector's Editon for 20 bucks off of Amazon and it is well worth it, since it opens up the base heroes and even gives you enough points to buy a skin or two or another hero. Not a bad price I think for a game that is a shit ton of fun.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Collector%27s_Edition

I've seen it in some stores for 20 as well... The saving grace is that it isn't a monthly fee.  So I may just spend the 20 and be done with it.... I mostly just want Fiddle Sticks.

Not a Devil

I was going to buy the collector's edition and maybe a few skins with it, but then I started playing ranked and now riot's gonna have to wait to see if they get my money or not.  :P

Seriously, who plays ranked and asks "what does negatron cloak do?" when prompted to buy one???

SinXAzgard21

Some one who has never used it.

Jude

Quote from: Not a Devil on November 07, 2011, 12:33:25 PM
I was going to buy the collector's edition and maybe a few skins with it, but then I started playing ranked and now riot's gonna have to wait to see if they get my money or not.  :P

Seriously, who plays ranked and asks "what does negatron cloak do?" when prompted to buy one???
Ranked is a clusterfuck at low ELOs.  There is a constant influx of people at starting ELO who are destined to sink that ruin games for everyone.  If you can push past that though, things aren't too bad once you get over 1300.

As far as the collector's edition goes, if you decide to buy it in store and it's been sitting out, make sure you take the tape off and check to see that the piece of paper with the code is still inside.  They're extremely easy to steal, and I'd hate to see someone spend money on it only to get nada cause the code wasn't present.

EDIT:  Weighing in on the Katarina thing?  I think she is one of the worst champions in the game for laning, but once you get past that she's okay (though still majorly outclassed by other assassins).

Shjade

She actually lanes fairly well against short-range champions. Bouncing Blade clears waves and is great harass at the same time. Forces your opponent to keep distance from the creeps or get hit, and Shunpo is a great way to either jump in on someone who's stayed in lane longer than they should have or get away from a gank attempt. Has issues against anyone who can outrange her though.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on November 07, 2011, 04:39:26 PM
She actually lanes fairly well against short-range champions. Bouncing Blade clears waves and is great harass at the same time. Forces your opponent to keep distance from the creeps or get hit, and Shunpo is a great way to either jump in on someone who's stayed in lane longer than they should have or get away from a gank attempt. Has issues against anyone who can outrange her though.

I pretty much agree with this.  I laned great with her when I played, and even someone who stayed behind creeps could get hit because my bouncing blade would peg them as they ran away.  Put her against any long range or hard CC and she's done though.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ryven on November 07, 2011, 11:55:16 AM
That's like most of the players, how do you get matches and games???
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming