News:

Main Menu

Question for the girls

Started by Kwiehtyp3, September 07, 2014, 06:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwiehtyp3

Though I stated It was for the girls, Lords are always welcome and encouraged to share with me their opinions.

So, I guess you could say I'm a romantic type. I like to do this thing In relationships. I write notes and pit them In places where I know my partner will eventually find them. These notes range contain random thoughts, some are letter-like and may be about appreciation for the person Intended to read It. It may be about things that Irritate me that may or may not be related to the woman I write these for. Some of them are just about my desire for the woman Im with. What are your thoughts on this? Has It ever been done for you?

Elysian Radiance

I had a girlfriend that used to do this. We shared a locker in school so she'd leave me little notes in our locker, in books and such that we swapped back and forth with each other, and in random places around my room or in my bag.

It was always an amazing, pleasant surprise to find these, especially if I was having a bad day.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Kwiehtyp3

Thanks for responding. I can't really respond to your post except to say I appreciate It and am glad there are women who like that.

KatKwik

I do this! Though these days it's random texts or emails. Sticky notes are my friend. I love random messages and take for granted friends and family do too. So I do it and they haven't complained yet. *grins*

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Caehlim

That sounds really nice and romantic.

I always enjoy receiving notes from my housemate just saying hi if he hasn't seen me for a while, usually left in notepad on my computer screen. We're not dating but even just from a friend it's nice to get that little bit of contact that tells you they care.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Nico

I am not a girl, but I as well like such little notes, left behind by the one I love. It makes me smile.

Marchoisas

I dont know... I think I'd find them rather annoying actualy. I'm not exactly a romantic type... If my partner has something nice to say to me, I'd like to hear it spoken, not read it on a note!  :-)
Danger only makes things more fun!

Reached my limit of active RPs, so... efective now, I'm no longer available for more RPs until further update. Sorry peeps!

Oniya

I'd be annoyed if that was the only time I got the 'romantic stuff', but with a note it's sort of like 'I'm not with you right now, but if I was, I'd be saying this.'  <3
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Marchoisas

I like it more spontaneus, too much romance doesnt do it for me. Especialy written kind. One act is vorth a 1000 words!  :-)
Danger only makes things more fun!

Reached my limit of active RPs, so... efective now, I'm no longer available for more RPs until further update. Sorry peeps!

Amazee

I would like to have someone do that for me. My boyfriend and I aren't very intimate and we are just together, but it would be really cool if he could do that for me sometimes.

rou

I'm a bit of a romantic, but sometimes too much fluffy gushy all the time can get on my nerves. That doesn't mean a gesture once in a while isn't appreciated.

Basically, you'll get a lot of different answers on this.

I used to be more into this kind of gushy romance. Nowadays, I'm kind of out of practice, and things that are overtly cutesy actually tend to be overwhelming for me. Just like I don't seem to be able to accept a compliment, I don't know how to accept such a blatant display of affection. However, I will do exactly this kind of thing for others. I actually like leaving things to be found from time to time, because it will always be unexpected.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Beguile's Mistress

My first fiance had a job that had a schedule that didn't mesh with mine and he took to leaving notes like that for me here and there, inside closets and cupboards, in my lunch and books I was reading, all sorts of places.  Some were sweet and some were personal and it was beginning to bug me especially when I found a hot pink one in a report for work. 

A male co-worker saw it and his comment put things straight for me.  "He must love you more than anything else in the world."  I realized my friend was right and to put a stop to the notes would have put a stop to my fiance's pleasure and even worse ruined the joy he was feeling in doing it for me.  The best think I could give my fiance I realized was his ability to give me something he thought was special.  Considering how things eventually went for him I was glad I did.

Xurtan

I like that the responses are all over the board on this. Kind of great how different people are.  ;D For myself, I like them. An ex and I used to leave notes for each other all the time. Random thoughts, questions, flirtation. Nothing overt or really gushy.

Thesunmaid

My husband works at a fairly stressful job..which thankfully he will most likely be getting away from soon. I will text him and send him funny pictures on Skype and such. He says he looks forward to them through the day because its usually pretty random and depending on my schedule and how busy I am during the day. But he will randomly also write me notes and send me things as well if I am having a bad day.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Melusine

I've never had any of my partners do this, nor have I done it to them. It's a wonderful idea though! I'd feel very happy to receive such a note, especially when it contains sweet words. Hmm...perhaps I should do this for my boyfriend. Maybe then he'll start doing it for me!  :D

However, I have to admit that notes with assorted complaints and irritations would be more perplexing than positive.  :P I prefer to discuss such issues instead of writing them down.

Valthazar

Everything in relationships is push and pull.  In other words, "pulling" enough to show her you care, and "pushing" enough to make her also feel challenged and leave her open to performing her own gestures of care to bring you closer to her.  Leaving notes is a great 'pull' and in moderation, it can work wonders in a relationship.  What roulette describes as "fluffy gushy all the time" tend to be men who feel they have achieved some sort of lifelong victory after landing a relationship with a girl.  They never want to lose her, so they agree to her every wish and desire, going way overboard with 'pulling' in the relationship.

On a subconscious level, I'm willing to bet that even the women who say they would like romantic notes, want it to be be balanced with pushes.  For example, for every time you bring her closer, tease her harmlessly, so she needs to come up with a clever retort.  It's a challenge, and nicely balances the romance.  Even with the notes, tease her with inside jokes, or stupid stuff you know will make her laugh at herself.  That will make it all the more significant when you simply write, "I love you, babe.  Hope you have a nice day."  It'll make her want to show all her friends, haha.

She'll never understand why she finds you irresistible, but you'll know why ;)

alextaylor

Depends on how it's done. Do it rarely, do it spontaneously. If you do it wrong, it might sound passive-aggressive.
O/O

Lissadell

I once wrote, "Hey, good lookin'!" on the mirror after a shower once, knowing he'd see it when he went in to shave. Does that count? :D

But no, I've never done that and I've never had a boyfriend who did that, either. It sounds cute in theory, but I'd say it would probably get on my nerves after a while. We do sometimes send each other emails throughout the day though, with funny pics or gifs we've encountered on our internet travels that we think would be appreciated. I'd imagine most people do that in some form!

rou

I am personally of the opinion that few things should ever become routine. What's surprising and flattering the first time quickly becomes mundane and predictable — and annoying. But that's the way my brain works. I set up an alarm on my computer so that every 30 minutes, I get a pop up telling me to take a break, get up and move. The first couple days were successful, and after that I became so accustomed to just closing out of the alert without even giving it a second thought; it became little more than a distraction and inconvenience, since it would take the window focus away from whatever else I was doing and I'd have to manually click back in. Etc.

I'm personally wary of traditions as well, despite still having some fondness for them. If I get roses every year for Valentine's Day, then those roses cease to mean anything. It can become an obligation of tradition. Something that's done because that's what needs to be done. And if one year the roses don't come? Their absence DOES have meaning, and that's emotional baggage that doesn't need to exist.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a friend. I was complaining about the utter dilution of the phrase "I love you." I tell it to my lovers, my family, my dear friends, my puppies, my stuffed animals. I have no real way to distinguish among those people the different ways that I love them. In writing, I wanted there to be a way that my characters could talk to each other that held a potent meaning, but because in English, there aren't many other words, I'd have to make up something new. And though to the characters, that might be something very meaningful, it lacks potency to the readers.

My friend told me that he was actually quite grateful for the ambiguity of the word "love", because he's pretty sure his ex-lover would have had a breakdown when the transition was made from saying "I love you as a lover" and "I love you as a friend."

I'm also the kind of person who has come to resent the gift-giving holidays in general. Especially when I see something I want to gift to someone, and I'm told: "You should wait and give it to them for Christmas." I want to give and receive gifts freely, with no obligation of timing or reciprocation.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Morrowclaw

I used to change my roomates screen saver on his PC to a little message of some kind. It was usually a funny quote or a playful jab but just a nice way to be like "Hey Bro, have a laugh"
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story