To Stop a War (Mystery fantasy) Interest check.

Started by Untamed Skies, October 25, 2012, 03:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untamed Skies

The Story

Turmoil has come between the kingdoms of Arlonia and Vrax. The murder of Arlonia's high prince sprang a massive investigation and at it's conclusion the Vraxian Prince Nathanial Rurick has been found guilty of murder. The prince married the second child of Arlonia's royal family, and following the death of the High Prince he would have been next in line to be king. The belief is that from there it was his intention to sell Arlonia to Vrax and create a takeover without ever having any resistance. In light of his treachery Nathanial has been sentenced to death and was supposed be executed within the week. However Vrax his home country has taken the accusations poorly.

King Charles VI father of Nathanial has taken arms against the sentencing of his son. Claiming that no such plot exists and establishing such a motive is lies and treachery. Murder his innocent son will be a act of war, and as soon as his son's blood touches the ground so will Arlonia's people join it. This has created a brief standstill and a pause, as the Royal family and council ponder their actions.

At the heart of everything Arlonian Order called The Creed of Dawn, dedicated to only truth and justice have discovered what may be a conspiracy against the Royal Family. However there is no solid evidence or even a face to place upon the conspiracy as of yet. Now it's up to the order  and those who wish to help them, to find who is truly responsible for the murder and their motives before the execution of Nathanial  and prevent war, or watch as their beloved land turns red with bloodshed.

The idea

Me and Pentagious_666 will be running this however the direction, tone, and pace of the story will be dictated by everyone. We're basically here just to give it structure and help push story arcs and such. Any questions should be Pm'ed to either me or him, we're on regularly so we shouldn't take to long getting back to you.

The main plot is the conspiracy and trying to prevent otherwise certain war. Along with that I hope to have all the general scandals of a royal family in turmoil. Sex, Lies, betrayal, mistakes, maybe some murder, everything that makes a good scandal delicious and interesting. I believe in seperate and side character arcs going on all at once as well whatever anyone contribute to the world and story we will try to encorporate to try have it make sense.

We need a few Creed of Dawn characters as they are really the only ones trying to uncover the conspiracy at first. Along with that, throw in a few nobles, a few members of the royal family, servants, etc to give it flavor and meat.  The only NPC's will be Nathanial and Charles as they just won't be around for the majority of it.

This a fantasy setting so all races are allowed, however keep in mind any race that feeds off humans or humanoids are generally not well received. People don't like being killed in general so it'll be harder to explain a position of power with such but PM me or Pentagious and we'll see if we can work with you. The Royal family of Arlonia are human, though there can be extended family that married into other races if you like. If you are interested in being apart of the conspiracy go ahead and PM me or Pentagious but otherwise we're keeping the details with them to a minimum.

The Royal Family of Arlonia's last name can go to whoever takes the first spot and names them first.

Untamed Skies

The Rules
1.) No backseat moderating or God Modding
2.) I need everyone who wants to join to be active
3.) Don't kill another PC without the permission of the PC's user
4.) All races are welcome, as well as people from other countries in the world
5.) No one can possess a true rune without Mine or Pentagious's permission
6.) You don't need to be ultra literate, but try and get at least a paragraph out when you post.
7.) Multiple Characters may be allowed so long as you can handle it and we have the space.

Character Sheet

Puppetmaster:  (Username)
Character: (Character name)
Position: (royal family, seeker, servant, noble, etc.)
Personality: (What is your character like)
Sexuality: (Hetero, Homo, Bi)
Background: (life story)
Skills: (Traits that help define your character, fighting, music, politics, etc.)
Magic: (does your character know any magic?)
Height: (character height)
Weight: (character weight)
Build: (is your character athletic? Overweight?)
Hair: (Hair color and style)
Appearance: (A picture or description of your character)
Additional Notes: (Anything special you'd like to add)

Untamed Skies

The World

The Major Countries for the Story

VRAX
FOREIGN POLICY
•   Primary Export
o   Weapons
•   Primary Import
o   Food and clothing
•   Diplomatic policy
o   Use children beyond heir to marry other nobles to create alliances.
•   Diplomatic Affairs
o   Not known for having social calls
   Seldom balls, feasts or such gatherings
DOMESTIC POLICY
•   Marshal Law
o   Militaristic set of laws
   Curfew
o   Capital Punishment
   Hard labor
   Death penalty
   No prisons
   Don’t care about cruel and unusual punishment.
GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE

o   Complex hierarchy
   King/Queen
•   Final word in EVERYTHING, usually consults council but can easily override them.
   Councilors
•   Advisement and petitioners of the King/Queen
•   Multiracial, consists of Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, etc.
   Barons or Dukes
•   Higher level nobles, typically commanders and generals in the army
•   Usually houses lesser nobles and knights
   Nobles/Knights
•   Commanders and soldiers of rank in combat
•   Nobles are the policy enforcers
   Knight Errant
•   Foot soldiers
   Pages
•   Servant to knight/ knight errant
   Common folk
•   Laborers and fabricators
   Serfs
•   Hard labor/construction crews (typically criminal element)

MILITARY STRUCTURE
•   Entire government based on militaristic structure.
o   Rank and file is easy to figure out.
o   Progression is facilitated quickly and easily.
RELIGIOUS POLICY
•   Freedom of religion
o   No set religion to satiate multiracial council

ARLONIA
FOREIGN POLICY
•   Primary export
o   textiles
•   Primary Import
o   Materials (ore, wool, etc.)
•   Diplomatic Policy
o   Debate and political maneuvering
•   Diplomatic Affairs
o   Open state
   Surround selves with allies by hosting grand balls and social gatherings.
DOMESTIC POLICY
•   Legislative law
o   New laws are written and re written as needed.
•   Taxes are adjusted fairly as necessity demands depending on year.
o   Capitalistic mindset.
GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE
•   Democratic system
o   Royal family has the most say.
   They can technically override anything
   Need to appease the circle  and senate or face a coup
•   If a coup is staged, The Circle takes control until the Senate finds a candidate family and then decides whether or not they are worthy.
   Current  noble family is well liked.
o   Senate acts as legislation
   Can make life very difficult for the royal family
   People can petition the senate
•   They must have a spokesperson to do so
   They don’t always agree with The Circle
o   The Circle
   Checks over laws written by the Senate to make sure they are ‘ethical’ in terms of the seven divines of the Path of Light.
   Existentially the Circle is the executive branch.  They also form the main force of the Arlonian military.
MILITARY STRUCTURE
•   Mostly consistent of Templars blessed by the Circle.
o   This religious fervor makes them fearless in combat.
RELIGIOUS POLICY
•   Believers of the Path of Light
o   Faith is mandatory

SUHWA

FOREIGN POLICY
•   Primary export
o   food
•   Primary Import
o   Textiles
•   Diplomatic Policy
o   Everyone needs to eat
•   Diplomatic Affairs
o   Open state
   Sells food to everyone, small farmland country supplies 80 percent of food to entirety of continent.
DOMESTIC POLICY
•   Everyone works
•   Aim is to grow the largest crops possible.
•   Research is done to make crop yield higher.  (Basic Punnett square knowledge)
GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE
•   Clan system
o   7 clans of traditionalist families (extended family included)
   Interchange in clans for mixed genetics.
o   Clan father (Radthr) is head of clan
   Radthrs meet semiannually and discuss clan business
   Chieftain (Lead Radthr) is elected.
MILITARY STRUCTURE
•   Militia based force of able men.
o   Militaristic might is minor as they spend more time farming then training.
RELIGIOUS POLICY
•   Believers of the Path of Light
o   Faith is STRONGLY encouraged though not technically mandatory.
The major religion

PATH OF LIGHT
THE DOGMA
The general belief is similar to the threefold law.  The essential Idea is that when you hurt someone, it comes back unto you three fold.  Adversely, if you do kindness on your brethren it will be returned to you thrice.
If you practice Humility in that which you strive for, it will be yours.
If you have Patience, goodness will visit you.
If you show Kindness, it is infectious.
Show Diligence in your works and you shall receive the goal.
Show charity in abundance and you will never starve.
Be Chaste in your pursuits and a heart will be won.
Show Temperance in your dealings, and you will always have friends.

THE SEVEN DIVINES

THEANNA
Humility – Female
Theanna is the goddess of humility.  She stands for modesty and selflessness.  Showing respect to others and courtesy in all actions.  It is about thinking of others more then you consider your own self.  Her many clerics are singers of those who do grand things.

THYMRIAL
Patience – Female
Thymrial is representative of the spirit of patience.  Control over oneself through moderation, she seeks to end all conflicts through peace.  She never resorts to violence, as she views it as disgusting and unclean.  She believes all things can be solved through conversation and compromise.  Her clerics believe in discussion and debate.  They exonerate Thymrial through advisement to others and settling disputes.

DALEN
Kindness – Male
Dalen is the God of Kindness.  He shows that helping others for the sake of helping others is the best thing you can do.  Being full of smiles and kind words makes kindness spread. Dalen’s clerics act selflessly and usually run clinics throughout Travos.

FALDIR
Diligence – Male
Faldir is the Diligent God, stalwart and true.  He is the ever vigilant guardian of the other divines.   He holds to his tenants with the steadfastness and strength of a mountain.  His clerics are typically Templars and warriors of the church.  They protect the other holdings of the church.

LYRISSA
Charity – Female
Charity is representative of love.  Lyrissa believes in loving all you meet and in being charitable with your feelings.  While she believes that lying to make someone happy is wrong, it is fallacy to not share what you feel.  According to her teachings you should be benevolent towards everyone, and strong enough to tell someone when they are wrong.  Her clerics usually act as consultants in the way of love and marry those that love each other.

TALRUND
Chastity – Male
Talrund the Chaste is the very example of what people should do before and even after marriage.  People should abstain from sexual conduct until the appropriate time.  Beyond that they should practice cleanliness and hygiene whenever possible.  Clerics of this god craft chastity belts (male and female) As well as run shops with hygiene care materials.

STALSEI
Temperance – Male
Stalsei is the Judge of the gods he helps settle disputes for all matters aside from love.  He is mindfulness of self and others.  According to him Respect to one another and moderation or even abstinence from self-gratification is of dire importance.  One should keep an impartial eye and a level head in ones actions.  His clerics tend to be judges and sages of the world.  They also make up The Circle in Arlonia.

The Creed of Dawn

The Creed of Dawn was established by the 13 King of Arlonia, dedicated to find traitors and those who abuse their power. They are not loyal to the Royal Family, Senate, or Church, instead they are loyal to the country. They are the key to coming dawn and their mission is to garuntee that Arlonia remain Prosperous and Fair. In regards even the Church isn't above their gaze if the Creed should deem them to be corrupt and leading the people and the country to ruin.

Their ode is "Absolute power corrupts Absolutely."  Despite this they have a couple of spies inside the council trying to lure snakes into the open. They are also clerics and guards, when it comes to the royal family they are everywhere.

While the group is independent and have spies they are not a secret order. The majority of their order is made up of Seekers and Sages. Each bearing the mark of the Order somewhere on their person. These men and women are generally regarded and treat the same as a knight would be.

The Order recruits those that show great skill and a high moral standing. They do not shun away those who come from other lands though once apart of the Order you are loyal only to the peace and safety of Arlonia. Most follow the path of light but it's not required to be a member. 

Magic

Runes
The people of Arlonia are granted magic through use of runes, a power that was said to be created in the old world. Their true origins are unknown but their uses are evident. There are runes for almost anything that can be imagined, though there are powers rarer then others. In general runes are separated between common, master, and true.

Common Runes
Common runes are the most common and weakest, they range from anything from elements to granting a bit more strength. In General even a child could easily master their use, as they tend to be gentler in nature.

Master Runes
Are rare, though there are a great number, and most high guards and commanders possess one they are much more powerful. Just as the name suggest it takes a strong will and a strong mind to wield them but with that success comes great rewards. Their fire burns stronger, they gain strength of a Elephant as opposed to an ox. They can bring someone from the brink of death and make them seem as if they were never on death's door.

True Runes
Otherwise known as the Runes of the gods are almost entirely unknown. These are the runes that grant power over the world itself. As far as anyone knows there are only 30 of them. Each unique and powerful as they are dangerous. Some come with a high price to posses, killing the user, or taking the user's mind from him. If you come across a true rune you may find the strength of a god, but it is said to be a cursed fate. Death is never far from the surfacing of a true rune.

Untamed Skies

So that's everything to do with the world, at least right now. I'll add more details once we get more interest. Don't want to totally overload everyone. I'll be Happy to answer any questions anyone has.

JackWhite

Gonna say that I'm interested but I do have to read it all through once more.

Vaulera

I most certainly am interested, but dang is this pretty heavily fleshed out. I'm interested in the spans or limitations that the races might have, could you give me something that would be unacceptable, for example? I mean in the conventional sense, without being a beast or something ludicrous.

Pentagious666

The idea is to limit vampire characters and the like.
I did my best to flesh out conventional socio-political structures, based on political standings.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Untamed Skies

Drow, Vampires, Lycans, Trolls, most demons, any race that tends to prey on mortals in general are typically hunted in this world.

Vaulera

See, that makes sense. Having some horrendous physical limitation that would impede time, location or other such variables in the driving of the plot. That helps a lot actually, thank you.

Untamed Skies

Glad that helped, do you have any idea what you'd be interested in playing?

Vaulera

Nothing specific, but someone big, savage and angry. It doesn't have to be some sort of special race, but it would be nice if she were pretty big and very strong.

Untamed Skies

She could have grown up being a guard or something, she could also have been from Vrax which is a big warrior nation. Their people are usually built like barbarians and they don't discriminate against gender.

minerva7790

I like the details you have put in this. Colour me interested!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Untamed Skies

Thank you, I was worried we gave to much too fast, is there a position in particular you want to reserve?

Pentagious666

we aim to please.  typicalloy any questions about the creed of down should be sent Skies way. where I can answer most anything about the governments/social structures.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

Puppetmaster: Pentagious666
Character: Dirk Archangel
Position: freelance swordsman
Personality: Dirk is calm and quiet thinking and acting are his ways of speaking.  He shows great diligence in his work and looks at the world with impartial eyes.  Once he accepts a job, if he he accepts it, he will persist until either victory or death.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Background: Dirk's past is relatively unknown, no one even knows what country he hails from.  He never speaks about his past to anyone.  He trains and works to keep his weapon skills as honed as his weapons.  there are whispers of him being foreign to Travos all together.  He can be seen sitting around with his sword dutifully vanguard his latest ward.
Skills: Sword play, power over master runes, light sleeper, two weapon fighting.
Magic:
Master fire rune
On his sword he can use it to cause his blade to immolate, he can also fling the fire a few times per use.
Master Metal rune:
on his sword, he can use it to make three copies of the same sword per day, they are the essence of the sword, forged of magic.
Minor Strength Rune:
He has enhanced strength. the way the rune is tattooed on him makes it always active.
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Build: Athletic and fairly well built.
Hair: Black, tied back
Appearance:

Additional Notes: Dirk is a tricky fighter, he is clever and calculating.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Untamed Skies

Puppetmaster:  Untamed_skies
Character:  David Cross
Position: Seeker
Personality: David is as dedicated to anyone else in the Creed to his mission. When he's pursuing a assignment he tends to focus generally only on that. However on down time and spare time David is friendly and laid back. He enjoys a good drink and good company, and is a bit outgoing when he's able to.
Sexuality: Hetero
Background: David Cross was originally born in Vrax, though his father got into trouble and fled the country rather then put to death or work. In Arlonia his family became part of a textile business and for all rights and purposes David grew up more apart of the Arlonian culture then his home country's.
          Despite fleeing from the country David's father was very fond of his home country and raised David with more then a couple of the traditions. David was trained to fight like a Vraxian, and David was raised on many of the work ethics leaving good impressions wherever he sought work.
           When he was sixteen a thief broke into a neighbor's home and made off with some gems, David ended up giving chase, knowing the area better moved ahead and cut off the retreat before apprehending him. This caught the eyes of the Creed of Dawn, but it wasn't enough to approach him right away. Instead they set up a test to see if he was truly worthy. They wished to see if he had the ability to investigate something, see more that was there.
         They arranged for another thief to break into shops and start stealing things leaving little clues as to who it might be. David one or twice failed to catch him, but on the third try followed the thief. Almost managing to tackle him but despite smashing his leg into the ground the thief escaped. him to a fancy ball in which several nobles and senate members were attending. The thief had of course switched clothes and had blended into the crowd, David not wanting to give up decided to mingle in. Many of them were wearing the stolen gems and watches leaving no clear evidence as to who was behind it. However David noticed Senator Doel had a bit of a limp to him, it was hard to tell for sure but it did seem like the senator was in a lot of pain, and upon asking around it was a new development. As he got closer he noticed a scratch along the senator's left cheek that probably happened when he pinned him against the wall and instantly accused him of the actions.
           He was thrown out of the ball, but it wasn't long before he was approached by a Seeker explaining the test. He was offered a position upon the Creed of Dawn and upon accepting was made into a seeker himself. Over the course of the five years he's been apart of it, David's skills and background has mad him a invaluable part of the Creed. Bright, Clever, strong, and confident he's caught more then a couple of spies, it was no wonder when foul play was suspected upon the death of the High Prince that he was one of the members sent to investigate.
Skills:  Vraxian Fighting style, Good at investigating.
Magic: Possess a Master Lightning Rune
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs
Build: David is built athletically, he's ripped, not to the point where looks like a tank, but some might think twice before starting a fist fight with him.
Hair: Dark Brown
Additional Notes: Seeker Outfit

Pentagious666

well that's too bad.  I'm sure we will get rolling soon enough.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Asok

Now that I am approved (DING!) I'd happily join. I'll look through it all and get a character up and running.

Untamed Skies

Pentagious666

Welcome to E Asok,I'm glad the approval process was quick for you. I do look forward to seeing the character.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Asok

Puppetmaster: Asok
Character: Jin Maku
Position: Formally a Duke from Vrax (Commander of 3rd Infantry Battalion), currently a Guardian for a temple of Theanna in Arlonia.
Personality: Polite and humble, but stern when he has to be. Kind to those in need, respectful to those who aren’t. Extremely protective of allies, especially the elven worshippers who took him in. Fairly intelligent. Normally strives for a peaceful solution to conflicts, but will fight to the very end if pressed.
Sexuality: Hetero, but prefers not to have that deep of a connection with anyone.
Background: He was once a well-respected commander in the Vrax army. He was respected by his men the most as he would often be seen fighting next to them and giving medical aid to his wounded soldiers. He was also respected by the older commoners for not allowing any person below adulthood into his battalion. However, the higher-ranking officials grew to hate him for this, and they soon devised a plan to get rid of Jin once and for all. They sent him and his men into an area owned by a barbaric tribe of Orcs that had an uneasy alliance with Vrax (so long as one let the other do their business, things were ok). He and his men were to transfer a “peace offering” to the barbarian Orcs. The offering turned out to be highly explosive material set off by a double agent placed in Jin’s Battalion. The ensuing fight claimed the lives of almost all of Jin’s soldiers, save for himself and the double agent. When they made a full retreat, the double agent did exactly as he was ordered to do: when Jin turned his back, stab it, and leave him for dead. Jin used all his remain strength to drag himself as close as he could to Arlonia, as he knew he would no longer be welcome to Vrax. He made it to the forested outskirts of the area before passing out from severe blood loss. When he awoke, he found himself in the company of elves, healers of the Goddess Theanna. He then vowed to repay their kindness in the only way he knew how: protecting the Temple and its residents.
Skills: Brawl, Militaristic, Great Hammer, and Sword style fighting, political (specifically leadership and conflict solutions), Light healing (medic-style health aid) Power over master Runes, clear mind in all things.
Magic: Master Strength Rune (tattooed on right shoulder)
   Master Healing Rune (Tattooed on right palm)
Height: 6’10”
Weight: 275 lbs.
Build: Extremely built, ripped like a tank.
Hair: Black, slicked and spiked back.
Appearance: Extremely tall, built like a tank.

Asok

Whoops... Didn't mean to post... well, if the character is unapproved or needs more info, let me know.