New Blood (Gestalt 3.5/Pathfinder hybrid game.) [Closed]

Started by ulthakptah, September 13, 2011, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Niki, as note mythweavers has pathfinder charsheet options (I at least think they have). It would be easier add in CMB and CMD into those and see the adjusted skills.

Niki315

So here's a pic and bio:

Triella got her start simply by being raised by her parents.  Parents that had been adventurers and heroes in their time, and had unparalleled responsibilities shifted onto their shoulders.  Jeremy Winters an inquisitor and founder of the Burning Suns, rasied her to be a fighter and depend on the power of the soul to fight on.  Her mother, Arieyla Androman, was a fighter magician, one of the few that had assisted Jeremy since the beginning.  They had fought in battles against the undead, barbarian orcs in the mountains, demons and devils, and a powerful succubus intending to become a deity herself.  For over a decade the two fought together, despite their opposing views.  In the end, Triella was conceived and Jeremy left to continue building his Organization.

Arieyla left Jeremy to continue to master her craft and carry her daughter to term in secret.  When Triella was still a toddler, Arieyla brought her to Jeremy to raise.  She gave no reasoning, and left her with little more than the demand that she be raised by him.  Jeremy not one to back down on his responsibilities, raised the child, enrolling her into the organization before she even lost her baby teeth. 

She was taught to fight by noble warriors and spent hours studying important lore and documents.  All the while, she tried to hide her magic.  Arieyla came from a long line of magicians, and the magic that burned within her daughter made trouble for all involved.  Triella came to terms with the arcana within her and practiced it, controlled it with sheer discipline.  As an adult, she was expected to perform duties for the organization, but she felt very little loyalty to them due to their views on magicians.  Too many times she had seen a magician brought in to answer questions or for a crime, but she had never seen them walk out.  Her father, when he could be bothered to answer the requests of his daughter, explained that it was critical to control and sanction the arcana, for it is known to go out of control.  He believed the arcana granted too much power and took it upon himself to correct it.  Triella was beginning to see why her mother had fled her father. 

Disturbed by her father's practices, she left him in search of her mother.  She took what she needed for the journey and her equipment and began to travel searching for some information on her mother.  Traveling was expensive, so she took on jobs and requests to make some money, but would never break the law, and had on multiple occasions, discovered that the bounty on her employer was worth more than the job.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice pic and bio :). Anyways edited my char to pathfinder (ranger was 3.5 version and skills were off and so on). Some spells are from spell compendium.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, and friendly reminder; you get 20% spellcast failure with arcane spells. So why not use mage armor? as you have gone abjurant champion already so mage armor would give +6 AC (greater mage, 3th level spell, armor bonus total +8).

Niki315

Actually, one level of Spell Sword reduces the spell failure by 10% and the arcane armor training feat reduces it by another 10.  It saves me a spell slot if I do it this way.

Zaer Darkwail

True, also with spellsword can add spell to your melee attack :). But you would take Shield spell at least get some kicks out from stacking abjurant levels for increased armor/shield bonuses?

Niki315

I'll definitely be taking the Shield spell, and I didn't go far enough in Spell Sword to learn the channel spell ability.  Really the magic I choose is to buff my character and allies, primarily AC improvement and concealment/miss chance.  I might not take a lot of direct damage spells, but I can full attack with my power attack which should cause some damage.

Zaer Darkwail

yeah, and even as abyssal I can buff others....with bull's strenght and rage spell :P. Once one more level I can empower bull's strenght (+6 enchantment bonus to Str anyone? My dog ofc shares my spells and so it can be quite good combat support).

Niki315

Always good to have a few buffs going.  And your character is pretty cool.  I made a fey'ri once back when we attempted Feyrun.  Pretty fun.

My main problem with my build is the lack of skill points.  I usually make rogues and rangers and stuff, but I've been really into magicians lately and it sucks having to go through levels of 2 + int for skills.  I hate having unskilled characters. >.<

Anyway, aside from spell selection (which I need to look over the Pathfinder versions of spells before I choose anything) the character is pretty much done.  I have a familiar I guess, probably a fox, but I doubt it will actually come up too much.  I hope it's enough to be eligible for selection should my spells not be picked by the deadline.  If nothing else, it was fun building the character ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Well, in pathfinder if you stick with favored class you get +1 more SP or HP per level. It should help little in skill issue. As human you still receive +1 more SP bonus as usual (and +2 to one stat as I recal but may be wrong).

Fey'ri have not been updated to pathfinder but I guess race wise they could be compared to normal drow who have no LA (and drow nobles are wickest of the lot; lots SP and goodies). Also sticking longer time with sorcerer I get some nice stuff, bonus feats, bonus spells and able use demonic claws is wicked cool when I have longsword one hand and claw in other :).

Only problem is to find good area/cone spells as arcane archer and then get few buff/battlefield control spells in pathfinder list so I depend on SC and other 3.5 published sources. Altough Pathfinder has some nice spells like Spark as cantrip (completely practical spell).

Niki315

Thanks for mentioning the +1 HP and SP for Favored Class.  I didn't know that about Pathfinder.  I guess Sorcerer makes sense for my favored class, though technically I think Knight would be the best choice long run (out to level 20).  I added 4 HP and SP to my character sheet for Sorc.  Thanks ^_^

Zaer Darkwail

It is SP or HP, not both :). But not sure how it works in gestalt though. Perhaps you can name one favored class each side. Gain SP when taking levels in sorc in other, while in other side of tree gain HP when you take levels as knight.

Niki315

Oh.. well I guess I'll pull out the HP (since that'll be easier than remembering which skill I put the SP in...).  And thinking about it, I don't think there's experience penalties for multiclassing in this game is there? Because I specifically built my character so that there were no experience penalties when I probably don't have to do that...

Blue Leah

When it comes to favored class, Gestalt gives a huge bonus to PFRPG Half-Elves. They get an ability that lets them take two favored classes, so you can get the +1 SP, +1 HP or (depending on your class) special variant Favored Class Bonuses. (You can find the variants on the individual race's page on d20pfsrd.com.)

PaleEnchantress

As
Quote from: ulthakptah on September 20, 2011, 09:52:30 PM

Anyway there is a good chance the deadline for entry is going to be morning in Finland, so chop chop.

As far as finishing up character sheets mine just needs spells known, equipment bought  + cohort and familiar. You should be able to get a good enough idea for what I'm doing without needing all that extra info. Statistically there is a greater chance of not being accepted then there is in being accepted (2 slots 5 applicants I think). If you need that info I guess I can add it, but I think you should be able to tell if you want me or not without it.

Cohort is going Dvati dragon shaman/fiend of posession (with marshal is he is allowed gestalt). Imp familiar, probably fairly standard equipment for a seducer/leader type sorcerer, enchantments, cold, and utility spells (bUffs and debuffs).
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Ershin

Right, manuever selection has been recovered, feats are in place and equipment's been purchased with a thousand odd gold pocket money left over (unless it's used to buy a wand for an often-used spell that's slipped my mind. There's still the matter of spell selection, but since divine casters handle that on a day-to-day basis it'll hopefully be fine for now.
Reposting for convenience sake.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Langley til Astray
Dark Human (+1 LA)
swordsage/shadow sun ninja || barbarian/cloistered cleric/paragnostic apostle

(may drop Barbarian in favor of another Cleric level)
Stat rolls as described in other recruitment thread
Hit dice rolls, forgot to add 2 con mod to the barbarian's 12 HP at the first level

"Background"
The Plane of Shadow is a cold, grey place that exists parallel to our own world, a perfect balance between positive and negative energy leaving a dull realm in which colour is quickly drained. Langley til Astray found herself in this place trapped in this place some unknown years ago when an arcanist hired her and several others to scout out this world and record various facts with delicate equipment provided, that he might gain greater understanding of that world and the magic that was linked to it.

At first everything went as planned, no mishaps during the process of shifting from the Prime Material to the Plane of Shadow, and for the first few days everything went fine. Food seemed to be common enough there, it was simply a much less colorful and overall darker version of our own world, grey fruit hung from trees and dark variants of game prowled the wilderness. After the pre-arranged time had lapsed, and the days passed, it was clear that the portal home wasn't coming.

Slowly the essence of the plane began to seep into the equipment and bodies of the expedition, staining their clothes grey as the landscape, and stealing away the colour from their skin and hair. Time passes much differently on the plane of shadow, allowing those who travel through it to seemingly take no time at all to teleport or "jaunt" distances on the material plane, and it was because of this time difference that when a group of adventurers came across an old abandonned wizards' keep deep in forgotten wilderness and activated an ancient device, the expedition returned to a world much different than their own. While several years had passed inside the realm of shades, several hundred, possibly a thousand had gone by in the Prime Material. Empires had risen and fallen, fashions had certaintly changed considering the differences in clothing those that freed them wore.

And so the expedition could finally go their seperate ways, there were of course those who stuck together due to bonds fashioned in the Plane, or due to a new family that exchanged their vows and conceived in the grey world. Langley herself set out to explore what the place had become in her absence, eventually hearing of troubles near a place called "Targas".

"Sources"
Dark Creature template - Tome of Magic
Swordsage / Shadow Sun Ninja - Tome of Battle
Cloistered Cleric - Unearthed Arcana / 3.5 SRD
Paragnostic Apostle - Complete Champion
Nymph's Kiss - Book of Exalted Deeds
Shapesand - Sandstorm
Everything Else - Magic Item / Spell Compendiums

ulthakptah

Deadlines closed the players have been picked.

Ershin, Niki315, and PaleEnchantress you can start posting here

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=92169.msg5240642#msg5240642

Niki315

Okay, I finally have a spell list up:  Spell List

PFC = Pathfinder Core
PHBII = Players Handbook 2
SC = Spell Compendium

I may end up adding page numbers in for spells eventually, but with cleric spells changing every day in game I may not always have them listed.  So for now, I'm being lazy ^^()