New Blood (Gestalt 3.5/Pathfinder hybrid game.) [Closed]

Started by ulthakptah, September 13, 2011, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

I just hope to stay behind a wall of undead meat to stay safe if I get accepted.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

PaleEnchantress

ulthakptah

I'm tempted to say no on leadership. For the fact I don't want my players rolling deep with their own personal armies.

PaleEnchantress

A shame since it's the most fun feat in the game. Perhaps it would be more palatable if i did it through telepath/trallherd.

Ershin

FFFFFFFFF-
Internet went out when I was saving my sheet. Item, spell and maneuver selection, feats, abilities... EVERYTHING has just up and vanished, even stuff I'd saved before and hadn't changed.  I honestly don't feel up to putting everything back in order at present because god DAMN.

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 20, 2011, 04:25:47 PM
A shame since it's the most fun feat in the game. Perhaps it would be more palatable if i did it through telepath/trallherd.
Wouldn't that be even worse, considering that the Thrallherd's cohort is only one level behind as compared to Leadership / Undead Leadership's 2, and it would have even more minions due to no negatives being applied to its leadership score, two being added to the score each level instead of one (due to the way a Thrallherd works) with minions "respawning" automatically? Having played a Thrallherd before (briefly, during another of Ulth's games), I can pretty much vouch that it's a bit disruptive.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Ershin on September 20, 2011, 04:47:52 PM

Wouldn't that be even worse, considering that the Thrallherd's cohort is only one level behind as compared to Leadership / Undead Leadership's 2, and it would have even more minions due to no negatives being applied to its leadership score, two being added to the score each level instead of one (due to the way a Thrallherd works) with minions "respawning" automatically? Having played a Thrallherd before (briefly, during another of Ulth's games), I can pretty much vouch that it's a bit disruptive.

Perhaps, sometimes people issue is that leadership is a feat. Going by his wording though me may just not like the tons of followers  A cohort is hardly an army even if it's a Dvati like a plan). Since im after the cohort more then anything perhaps we could eliminate the followers, make the feat entirely about the cohort and both be happy? There is no certainty im even getting in the game though. Might as well get everything fleshed out now.

Wheresmycow

Ouch Ershin, that really sucks.  My sympathies.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Ershin on September 20, 2011, 04:47:52 PM
FFFFFFFFF-
Internet went out when I was saving my sheet. Item, spell and maneuver selection, feats, abilities... EVERYTHING has just up and vanished, even stuff I'd saved before and hadn't changed.  I honestly don't feel up to putting everything back in order at present because god DAMN.

That is so shitty, I think I just reciently closed your character sheet too after having it open on a background tab forever. Now i can't just copy paste it all...

NicciKotor

I just finished the boss in the thread you are all going into, as I did 75 damage using fire ice and lightning damage. And I didn't even crit.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ulthakptah

Quote from: NicciKotor on September 20, 2011, 07:00:17 PM
I just finished the boss in the thread you are all going into, as I did 75 damage using fire ice and lightning damage. And I didn't even crit.
Big whoop, you beat a non caster that didn't have a single magic item.  :P

Niki315

Umm.. are you allowing Players Handbook II classes (specifically Knight), Favored Soul, and Mystic Theurge as a prestige class?  If you are, then my character is pretty much done.  I just have to transfer it all to a character sheet.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Niki315 on September 20, 2011, 08:14:57 PM
Umm.. are you allowing Players Handbook II classes (specifically Knight), Favored Soul, and Mystic Theurge as a prestige class?  If you are, then my character is pretty much done.  I just have to transfer it all to a character sheet.
Mystic Theurge? There's a bit of a hang up when it come to that class in gestalt. I'll let you take it, but in order to qualify for it your divine and arcane classes can't be gestated together.

Niki315

And I meant to ask if Abjurant champion was allowed, not favored Soul... >.< I'm an idiot sometimes.

My basic class progression so far is:

1. Knight/Sorc 
2. Knight/Sorc 
3. Fighter/Sorc
4. Fighter/Sorc
5. Spellsword/Favored Soul
6. Abjurant Champion/Favored Soul
7. Abjurant Champion/Favored Soul

My next level would be:  Mystic Theurge/Fighter or Knight  depending on feat choices...

ulthakptah

Abjurant champion, yes

Niki315

So would I be able to take Mystic Theurge next level or is that too much?  I'm gestalting Spell Sword and Favored Soul, and then Abjurant Champion and Favored Soul, which are arcane and divine classes respectively I guess...

ulthakptah

Mystic Theurge I think I will allow since you could qualify for it with only one side of your gestalt.

However know that the class features of the Abjurant Champion will only apply to the arcane class's spells you used to qualify for Abjurant Champion. For example I won't have it work with your favored soul divine spells that are of the abjuration school.

Niki315

Yeah I figured that much.  The idea is to have max arcane and BAB with divine casting as a backup.  If you allowed the abjurant champion bonuses onto divine spells that would be an unintentional perk ^_^

ulthakptah

Hyena I see you lurking! Anyway dead line is looming those still working on their sheet should work double time.

Laughing Hyena

So what? I can lurk. Besides im staring at the pretty pictures...

Wheresmycow

I have a question: I checked the OOC thread, and read the substitution of initiator level for Concentration checks in regards to Diamond Mind stuff, and I'm wondering if it's still possible to take the Concentration skill or maybe use Martial Lore as a substitute instead?  The reason I ask is because a couple of the maneuvers require that you roll Concentration against an opponents AC in order to get a large bonus to damage (The nightmare blade ones).  Except that AC is going to ramp up higher than initiator level, unless it's possible to get items or feats that can add to the check for the purposes of those maneuvers.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ulthakptah

Really the highest a skill can get above your level is 3 so that isn't much at all. Also I find that my AC grows much slower than level. Maybe for players that thing that the Highest AC makes you invincible, but I know that isn't true.

Wheresmycow

Granted, a high AC isn't the greatest defense later on.  Early levels yes, but later on it is way too easy to stack attack bonuses or thwacking touch AC instead.  Or target other defenses.  That's popular.

It's just that the other benefit to allowing the use of Concentration or a substitution skill is that you can use items to grant skill bonuses, which in turn makes things like Action Before Thought more effective, and Insightful Strike more damaging.  Blade Meditation is about the only way I could kind of grant a bonus to those rolls, and that's only if you'll allow the bonus there to apply to those checks.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ulthakptah

Old 3.5 stuff that would work for the old check will work for the new one. If you have a 3.5 item that adds to trip then when converted to pathfinder it would add to your CMB when doing trips. Circlet of concentration would still give bonuses to defensive spellcasting checks as well as whatever your doing. Really I don't know why everyone and there mother is doing classes from tome of battle.

Anyway there is a good chance the deadline for entry is going to be morning in Finland, so chop chop.

Wheresmycow

*Nods* Ah, I see.  Well then, time to swap out Concentration for Disguise on Morgan.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Niki315

Okay, so here's what I have so far.  I'm still working out feats and skills, but that should be done pretty soon.  And Spells are going to be copied into a google doc most likely.  All in all, this is about what I'm working with right now: Character Sheet

I was having trouble with the rolling system at first (not quite used to the one on Ell), but I eventually figured it all out.

Stats: At 2011-09-20 18:46:06, niki315 (uid: 9779) rolls: 7d10k7m8 Result: 97
My Crappy Fighter and Abj. Champion Hit Die Rolls: At 2011-09-20 21:23:52, niki315 (uid: 9779) rolls: 4d10k4 Result: 21
My Crappy Knight Hit Die Roll: At 2011-09-20 21:24:31, niki315 (uid: 9779) rolls: 1d12k1 Result: 4
My Spell Sword Hit Die Roll: At 2011-09-20 21:24:54, niki315 (uid: 9779) rolls: 1d8k1 Result: 6

The only thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out base saves... It's ridiculous, but I think I got it.  If I'm wrong, please correct me because I have no actual way of knowing...

Anyway, bio for the character is coming up too, and it should tie together the bizarre class choices and the need to go both arcane and divine.