New Blood (Gestalt 3.5/Pathfinder hybrid game.) [Closed]

Started by ulthakptah, September 13, 2011, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Leah

Hey,

Is it full starting gold for 7th level? Or is it reduced?

ulthakptah

Blue Leah

OK. I should have a character sheet set up shortly.

Blue Leah

ulthakptah

Blue Leah

Fair enough. I think I can live with 69 HP :)

This is my build, sans gear. Please let me know if it is acceptable.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9459

Wheresmycow

Alright, so this would be the character sheet for Morgan, using 17, 14, 17, 16, 12, 14 as my stats, and rolling 6d12: 43 for HP.  For what the character looks like, I'm being shameless and using this.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

PaleEnchantress

My Hp roll after max starting hp and con adjustment gives me 36

2011-09-19 00:32:57   At 2011-09-19 00:32:57, PaleEnchantress (uid: 7336) rolls: 6d6 Result: 23

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=323407 Is the character sheet so far. No spells known or equipment yet.

His race is templated with a +0 template called "unseelie" which has to do with evil fey. It appeared in the dragon compendium and is a +0. (Effects are +2 cha dex, -2 str con. One of 4 special abilities and taking more damage from cold iron) Other then that the rest of the stuff shouldn't be to unrecognizable.

I will add that I would love to play this game but without TKtheExiled I have no potential romantic partner so if he is not accepted I do not wish to join.

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Ershin

You know... If Enchantress gets in and uses that Dhampir, a killer out-of-combat healer could be made using the Shadow Sun Ninja prestige class. Hit him with "Touch of the Shadow Sun"s negative energy to heal Milarca (since that seems to be a thing that happens according to the Pathfinder SRD), use resulting positive energy to hit someone else to heal them six seconds later for the same amount. The perfect out-of-combat setup. Though in the event of Enchantress not playing, a substitution can be made using an undead frog or squirrel or whatever.
I think there was mention of healing people by sticking a shiv into them somewhere in the OOC thread. Unfortunately this method can only heal by punching. Also spells.

((Small question, the Dark Creature template adds +8 to hide and +6 to move silently. As these skills are now together under "stealth" in Pathfinder, would it be best to put a +6 in there or a +8? Maybe a +7 as a compromise?))

Langley til Astray (working on skills, equipment etc)
Dark Human (+1 LA)
monk/swordsage/shadow sun ninja || barbarian/cloistered cleric/paragnostic apostle

(may drop Barbarian in favor of another Cleric level)
Stat rolls as described in other recruitment thread
Hit dice rolls, forgot to add 2 con mod to the barbarian's 12 HP at the first level

"Background"
The Plane of Shadow is a cold, grey place that exists parallel to our own world, a perfect balance between positive and negative energy leaving a dull realm in which colour is quickly drained. Langley til Astray found herself in this place trapped in this place some unknown years ago when an arcanist hired her and several others to scout out this world and record various facts with delicate equipment provided, that he might gain greater understanding of that world and the magic that was linked to it.

At first everything went as planned, no mishaps during the process of shifting from the Prime Material to the Plane of Shadow, and for the first few days everything went fine. Food seemed to be common enough there, it was simply a much less colorful and overall darker version of our own world, grey fruit hung from trees and dark variants of game prowled the wilderness. After the pre-arranged time had lapsed, and the days passed, it was clear that the portal home wasn't coming.

Slowly the essence of the plane began to seep into the equipment and bodies of the expedition, staining their clothes grey as the landscape, and stealing away the colour from their skin and hair. Time passes much differently on the plane of shadow, allowing those who travel through it to seemingly take no time at all to teleport or "jaunt" distances on the material plane, and it was because of this time difference that when a group of adventurers came across an old abandonned wizards' keep deep in forgotten wilderness and activated an ancient device, the expedition returned to a world much different than their own. While several years had passed inside the realm of shades, several hundred, possibly a thousand had gone by in the Prime Material. Empires had risen and fallen, fashions had certaintly changed considering the differences in clothing those that freed them wore.

And so the expedition could finally go their seperate ways, there were of course those who stuck together due to bonds fashioned in the Plane, or due to a new family that exchanged their vows and conceived in the grey world. Langley herself set out to explore what the place had become in her absence, eventually hearing of troubles near a place called "Targas".

"Sources"
Dark Creature template - Tome of Magic
Swordsage / Shadow Sun Ninja - Tome of Battle
Cloistered Cleric - Unearthed Arcana / 3.5 SRD
Paragnostic Apostle - Complete Champion

ulthakptah

ulthakptah

Game update. The boss fight is over. On the other side of the forest is an Inn. That's where all the new players will be added in. Under the whole adventures from the mainland being hired to take care of the forests problem. You know that whole jazz.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Ershin on September 19, 2011, 05:30:12 PM
You know... If Enchantress gets in and uses that Dhampir, a killer out-of-combat healer could be made using the Shadow Sun Ninja prestige class. Hit him with "Touch of the Shadow Sun"s negative energy to heal Milarca (since that seems to be a thing that happens according to the Pathfinder SRD), use resulting positive energy to hit someone else to heal them six seconds later for the same amount. The perfect out-of-combat setup. Though in the event of Enchantress not playing, a substitution can be made using an undead frog or squirrel or whatever.
I think there was mention of healing people by sticking a shiv into them somewhere in the OOC thread. Unfortunately this method can only heal by punching. Also spells.

There is a lovely feat called tomb tainted soul that can allow anyone to be healed by negative energy. Anyone who feels they need more accessible healing might take a look at it. Out of combat I can use charnel touch without limit for healing. In battle I'm throwing quite a bit of negative energy around as well. Though in battle healing is really a waste of just about anyone's actions, especially a disabler.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

NicciKotor

Just time skip us out of the cave with our loot and lets get done with this dungeon. I did my best to do a solid 75 damage to the boss in one strike, which was quite hilarious for me. Just imagined if my katana had gotten a crit.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ulthakptah

Yeah, then you would have done 102 less damage then the boss did to Olard

Ershin

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on September 19, 2011, 09:14:41 PM
There is a lovely feat called tomb tainted soul that can allow anyone to be healed by negative energy. Anyone who feels they need more accessible healing might take a look at it. Out of combat I can use charnel touch without limit for healing. In battle I'm throwing quite a bit of negative energy around as well. Though in battle healing is really a waste of just about anyone's actions, especially a disabler.
I'm aware of the feat, but it requires the character who takes it to be evil, which conflicts with the Shadow Sun Ninja requirement of being good-aligned.

rancorius

ulthakptah

Ershin

Ulth, small question about changing my original build. Would I be allowed to use the "unarmed swordsage" adaptation from page 20 of the Tome of Battle instead of taking Monk levels? The character seems a little cluttered with all the monk abilities and bonus feats. I means losing Evasion, but at least I'll have less multiple classes floating about giving different skills, BAB and saves at different rates.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
To create a monklike character with a tremendous array of fantastic moves and strikes, give the swordsage the monk’s unarmed strike  progression and remove his light armor proficiency.
If it's permitted, would you be able to give a ruling if the above means it loses the "wis bonus to AC when wearing light armor" in exchange for the monk's unarmored AC, or would it keep the light armor version (for use with the barbarian/cleric armor profs)?

ulthakptah

Quote from: Ershin on September 20, 2011, 02:15:27 PM
Ulth, small question about changing my original build. Would I be allowed to use the "unarmed swordsage" adaptation from page 20 of the Tome of Battle instead of taking Monk levels? The character seems a little cluttered with all the monk abilities and bonus feats. I means losing Evasion, but at least I'll have less multiple classes floating about giving different skills, BAB and saves at different rates.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
To create a monklike character with a tremendous array of fantastic moves and strikes, give the swordsage the monk’s unarmed strike  progression and remove his light armor proficiency.
If it's permitted, would you be able to give a ruling if the above means it loses the "wis bonus to AC when wearing light armor" in exchange for the monk's unarmored AC, or would it keep the light armor version (for use with the barbarian/cleric armor profs)?
sure

Niki315

See, I was thinking about joining this game, but when I build a gestalt character, it's so broken I feel sick... 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Niki315 on September 20, 2011, 02:43:54 PM
See, I was thinking about joining this game, but when I build a gestalt character, it's so broken I feel sick...

Oh? Please tell?

Niki315

Well, it all depends on what prestige classes are allowed, but I usually end up building a gish, but in gestalt it becomes insane.  I usually go human or something that has sorcerer or wizard as their favored class.  With a good spell selection you can get a pretty damn near unbeatable fighter.  I usually go with mirror image, blink, and haste as my main spells.  Plus with shield and deflect, you can get pretty ridiculous. 

Samurai/sorc
samurai/sorc
Fighter/sorc
Fighter/sorc
Spellsword/bard
Abjurant Champion/bard
Abjurant champion/bard

If I'm going wizard I replace samurai with Swashbuckler and bard with rogue...  It eventually gets so ridiculous, especially if you take spellsword out to 4 for channel spells... By the end you can have full spell progression and base attack bonus, plus all sorts of other bonuses.  I feel dirty whenever I build a gestalt character...

ulthakptah

In the fight the players were just in the boss killed one in one hit by doing 252 damage.

Niki315

Oh, and even worse is going druid wizard and then mystic theurge or worse, arcane Hierophant.  You can become a destructive force in the game rivaling great wyrm dragons. 
And basically the way that my build works is to stack miss chances.  Mirror image forces the boss to choose which one to hit creating a miss chance, and blink creates a miss chance.  And there are other ways to stack miss chances.  If the boss defeats the miss chances, then you use deflect as an immediate action to up your AC.  And when attacking, use wraithstrike to bypass armor and natural armor and use full power attack.  It's pretty ridiculous.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, as GM said; we faced mob which did +200 pts dmg to one of us (killing outright). I am just glad I got regular hit and stayed 3 HP after one attack (and I am archer so I stick out from trouble).

So going silly is allowed in gestalt so long GM can handle it :). But so far as I can tell we would need definately a tank sort of gish if you go for it.